MEININGER Hamburg City Center Reviews

Goetheallee 3-11, Hamburg, Germany

More Formal Hotel than Hostel

Hi there, thank you for your review. We would like to welcome you again soon here in Hamburg. Best wishes, The MEININGER Team Hamburg

I am really impress by the quality of the hostel! Staff was super helpfull, knew a lot and ended up upgrading our room so my friend and I could stay together without any additional fee! Would totaly come back, place was secure and super super super clean!

There was a problem with my booking, and the staff were unhelpful in getting it sorted out. That ended up costing me some extra money and they tried to placate me with a discount card that I didn't really want. The room was uncomfortably hot, with only one toilet and one shower for 6 people. Other than those complaints it was fine (lockers in the room, clean beds, etc.). The location in Altona is very nice, but it's also a considerable distance from the center of Hamburg.

WiFi was good in all rooms, no lockers or safes in rooms, my bed was next to another bed like a double basically even though I was a lone traveller. T.V in room was good, and bathroom o.k.

I can highly recommend the Meininger in Hamburg. The staff members were very friendly and attentive and the Internet terminals were convenient for someone like me who doesn't always want to bring the Internet with him when he travels. The location in the Altona borough is convenient to the riverfront and the fun atmosphere west of the center of Hamburg.

Hi, thank you very much for staying with us and for your review. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here and we'll pass the compliments on to the rest of the staff. We would like to welcome you again in one of the MEININGER Hotels around Europe. Best wishes, Your MEININGER Team Hamburg

Not exactly what we were after. "Hamburg City Centre" is a bit of a stretch, in Altona, about a 15 min tube ride from the city. Wifi was dodgy, in and out when in the room. Atmosphere wasn't great, we were there Tuesday - Friday and didn't really meet anyone... Staff were friendly and helpful, rooms were clean, beds were good. But not a place to meet people and have some brews.

Dear guest, thank you for staying with us and for writing this review. We're happy you were satisfied with the service we offer. We have a nice guest kitchen where you can prepare your own food and meet fellow travellers easily. Also we have a bar that is open on the weekends where usually all our guests come together to have a drink or two :) We would like to welcome you again in one of the MEININGER Hotels around Europe. Best wishes, MEININGER-Team Hamburg

The hostel is very good. Excellent wi-fi and rooms. The location is not the best, but it is close to a train station. The staff is good as well. I just think the atmosphere could be improved. A lot of teenagers were there during my stay, so maybe it is not the best place in case you are traveling alone.

Our room was great, with plenty of space, the bathroom was quite big compared to other hostels I've been to, and everything was super clean. Breakfast was cheap and quite good. And the location is better than what I thought it would be, just next to the Altona train station, only a short ride in the S-Bahn to the main places in the rest of Hamburg.

Dear Guest, thank you very much for taking the time to write this review! We're happy you were satisfied with your stay here and would love to welcome you back again soon. Make sure to visit other MEININGER Hotels around Europe along the way :) Best wishes, the MEININGER-Team Hamburg

1 2 3 4 Next » last »