MEININGER Vienna Downtown Franz Reviews

Rembrandtstrasse 21, Vienna, Austria

wifi wasnt great, but overall a great hostel, clean comfortable rooms and good atmosphere, helpful staff, nice breakfast even though at 5.50 euro it was a bit expensive

great hotel in the heart of Vienna. Totally worth it. Clean room, professional staff.

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Czech Republic
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Definitely a nice place for cheap. Also in a pretty good location. It may not have exactly the atmosphere you're looking for, though, but I was glad to stay there.

Definitely more a hotel than a hostel… had a 4 bed private room ensuite, very clean, with TV and towels provided. Modern bathroom, very nice for the price. Kitchen was a bit small but okay, we only had our own breakfast there… The staff is friendly but had no real idea about non-touristic pubs and cafés, just a normal map was provided. Lots of student-groups or single business travellers. Very small amount of backpackers…

• 10th Mar 2014

Nice place, but it´s more like a hotel than a hostel. So you don´t get to meet so many people in the common area. The breakfast is quite expensive -even for a continental breakfast-. You have a kitchen avaliable, so that is good. Location could be better, but no big deal. Staff was really kind.

Very good quality/price ratio.

• 22nd Feb 2014

Hi! Thank you very much for your good rating! We would be happy to welcome you again in our house! Many greetings from Vienna! the MEINNIGER-Team

Good location, relatively good breakfast, excellent facilities(guest kitchen, storage room, parking, wellcoming Lobby. TV set in the dormitory room, excellent supply of toielt paper, shower gel and Hand Soap. Friendly and professional staff.

Hi! Thank you so much for rating us! We are happy that you had such a enjoyable stay in our house! See you for your next vienna trip, hopfully :) Many greets, the MEININGER-Team

Nice location, but wifi doesn't work in the room.

I lived in a 3 bed private room. It is more like a hotel than a hostel. Room, toilet and bathroom are very clean and tidy. Tower and body wash are freely provided which is very convenient for backpackers. :( the wifi in the room is very very weak and the location is quite far away from the city center and all the other sightseeing points. Apart from these, all the other things are quite good.

its generally a good hostel!

We loved it.

• 6th Feb 2014
  • Czech Republic

I was in a 6 bed mixed dorm. It was a very clean room with decent beds & adequate storage. There were lockers under the bunk beds but due to the configuration of beds, one of the lockers was inaccessible. Kitchen was poorly stocked and had to improvise when cooking. Dryer steamed my clothes instead of drying them & after a cycle and half were scalding hot & still wet. Breakfast was pricey but good & wifi was good too. Decent location, short walk to underground. Nice quiet neighborhood.

Excellent hostel, it seems like a hotel!! it is the best hostel i stay in my trip to europe.

• 28th Jan 2014
  • Mexico

Great location (5-10 minute walk to the u-bahn), clean, good facilities and very friendly staff. I stayed in a 6 bed dorm and there was a person who spent his time smoking in the bathroom but that's hardly the hostel's fault. Also the breakfast is a bit pricey as I've had the same food free in other places. But overall I really enjoyed my stay and would definitely recommend it!

• 16th Jan 2014

Hi! Thanks for rating us! We are totally non smoking hotel, but unfortunately there are always guests, who do not care about this rule. But if we get informations about such guests, of course they will have to pay for the cleaning.. Anyway, we are happy that you enjoyed your stay! See you next time :) The M-Team

This place is a hostel and a hotel too! There are different types of rooms! The room was clean and confortable. The hostel is not in the city center, but very close to. By walk it takes 10-15 minutes. There isn't free internet if you don't have pc, tablet or mobile phone. The only problem I had was the payment because they take the money before my arrival.

Hi! Thank you for your review! It depends on the cancellation policy, if we charge your card befor arrival or not. But you always can read this on the homepage, and also on the booking confirmation! Anyway, i hope you enjoyed your stay here! Many greetings from Vienna! The M-Team

Nice hostel!

Hi! Thank you for rating us! See you next time in vienna :) Many greetings, the M-Team

Wifi didn't work for me at all. I was told that it was because too many people were trying to use internet at the same time.

Hello! Thank you for rating us! We always try to keep the wifi working, but sometimes it is overloaded. Sorry! We hope, apart of this problem, you had a pleasant stay here! Many greetings from vienna, the M-Team

Really top-notch hostel and for quite a reasonable price. The staff was really helpful and nice and it is quite close to a metro line, but you can easily walk to St. Stephen's. My only real complaints are things that pertain to sharing a room with strangers. But the overall service of the hostel was great. Breakfast, although expensive, I found to be well-balanced and very convenient. The cleanliness wasn't perfect and nor was the wifi, but the wifi worked most of the time even if it was slow.

HI! Thank you so much for your good rating! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay here! Many greetings from vienna, the M-Team

We went to Vienna for two nights and stayed in this really nice hostel. The location was very good near to city centre and all the nice places. The staff was very good and the hostel's environment was very cool.

Hello! Thank you so much for giving us such a good rating! We would be happy if you choose our house for your next trip to vienna :) Many greetings! The M-Team

The hostel is very nice and even though the staff was great they could do nothing concerning the bad wi-fi connection. It was Christmas, I wanted to use Skype to say hello to people that were far but that was barely impossible. Sad, because everything else is almost perfect. The owners should correct that as soon as possible.