MEININGER Vienna Downtown Franz Reviews

Rembrandtstrasse 21, Vienna, Austria

Good location, not far from the main square, was very clean. We got a private room so was very secure, staff were friendly and knowledgeable and loads of facilities available, though the €7 breakfast seemed steep

Positive: awesome common area and friendly staff Negatives: train station was a bit out of the way. The hostel is in a very quite neighbourhood. Didn't feel safe walking alone at night. Poor wifi reception. Everything is extra. Towels and computer use. Didn't see a safe. The room was super tiny. It was a small hotel like room and they added a bunk bed. No room to put my bags.

• 26th Jul 2015

I had a great experience at this hostel. Was a solo traveller booking a 6 bed room and all others in my room were also solo travelers! The hostel is a little out of the way but near the subway, and nicely located near a grocery store. Awesome experience!

In Vienna it was good value for money. Very close to the subway, so that's good. But in the summer it gets too hot in the rooms, but it could be just my room where the air conditioning didn't work.

I booked a 4p dorm ensuite, the only good thing was the bathroom. There were not enough lockers for all 4 persons and the other two lockers didn't even work. We paid for airconditioning, but when you ask the staff why it's turned off, every one of them will give you a different story. Staff was nog polite and helpfull and drinks were verryyy expensive. No go if you ask me!

Good location very friendly and helpful staff. Excellent facilities and extremely clean and modern. A lovely hostel, 15 minute walk to the very centre, individual plugs for each bunk and overall a comfortable place to stay.

The air conditioner was not working and our room was very very hot

Easy to get to on the subway (€2.20 one way). And their directions were excellent. The city is very walkable once you have dropped your bag off. Super clean. Got free all-you-can-eat breakfast with my eurail pass so don't forget to ask about that! Was quite a long line (probably three people) to do laundry as there is only one set of washer and dryer (€5 a load).

Very clean and clinical hostel - with excellent bathroom facilities. A very good breakfast which is included with interrail passes. There was air con - but didn't seem to work.

this is a massive hostel. it's really clean and about 10 min walk to metro. the ringstrasse isn't too far a walk either. very poor air circulation in the room made for a hot night though. great lockers and fun common area.

Room needs air conditioning and safety deposit box

Clean place! Decent location. Next time in Vienna will return here.

The unique bad thing that I can tell about my experience was that during the night the air-conditioning was turned off. What was really hard because we faced very hot days in Viena. The rest was perfect.

Nice clean rooms and staff are really great and helpful. A bit difficult to find at first but not that far from centre really, abkut 15 minute walk, just make sure you work out route from airport / station before you get there. Also the air con was broken and the rooms were almost unbearably warm at night but overall a great stay!

Everything was perfect except the wifi which doesn't reach the rooms.

Clean hostel with great security and comfortable beds. It's a little far from some sights but you can get to the underground in 10 minutes by foot. The WiFi was inconsistent, sometimes fast and other times it couldn't connect. The laundry facilities are 5 euros, a little expensive and the dryer didn't do its job. The staff is fantastic here, especially Alexandra, who I talked to for an hour about Austrian history, culture, and geography. I learned a lot just from talking with her!

Its a nice hostel! The room was too hot because we couldn't use the air conditioner! Also We wanted to rent a bike and it was 14€ a day (its very very expensive compared to other places)

• 14th Jul 2015

A fairly good location, wifi was ok. Breakfast is good, but you have to pay for it. This place is both hostel and hotel, lots of families, so much less opportunity to meet people, not really like a hostel atmosphere. Also one washing machine for the entire building.

I only got to stay here for 3 nights, however this was one of the nicest hostels I've stayed in on my trip around Europe. They had everything from snacks, beer, Internet, a kitchen and even a little washer and dryer. Everything is modern and my room had its own bathroom and shower room.

Very clean and modern hostel however not so much of a travellers atmosphere or budget. Staff were friendly but slightly uninformed. Rooms were spacious and had separate shower and toilet which was really useful. Can't complain as we enjoyed our stay and would probably stay there again but nothing wow which is what we were expecting for the price.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6