MEININGER Vienna Downtown Franz Reviews

Rembrandtstrasse 21, Vienna, Austria

This is not a hostel, it is a big hotel. If you want to stay in a hotel then book here, if you are looking for a hostel go somewhere else, there where always big groups of young kids staying, they would make a lot of noice and disturb everyone, also a lot of families with kids, definitely no hostel vibe. For a hotel it is good place.

Easy walking distance to the center of the city and clean facilities. Don't waste your money on the breakfast buffet and make sure to get a different wifi code for each device you want to use while there.

Hi. Thank you for your feedback and the good rating. Even tough you didn't like our breakfast, we hope you enjoyed your stay here and would be happy if you choose Meininger again for your next city trips! Many greetings, Petra (Reception)

I can say this is the best hostel of my trip in Europe this year! Within five minutes walk to the nearest metro! The room was perfect! Very clean! I booked 6 Bed Mixed Dorm Ensuite but i got 4 That's COOL! Everything was super nice!

I am writing this because unfortunately I had one of my worst hostel experience at thishostel. I book this hostel because of the great reviews and when I walked into the building and into the rooms I seen how nice everything was. Unfortunately when it came time for bed I was itching all night. I thought it was just the linens, old and scratchy. When I woke up the next morning I saw that it was ants. All over me, crawling everywhere. Most they did was switch me rooms and give me 15%off

Quite far away from centre of town but good transport links very helpful staff and good facilities, wifi a bit spotty

This hostel is definitely also a hotel, there were a lot of younger kids and their families. Facilities were nice and clean, rooms are a little cramped though. Good location, short walk to interesting things.

Hi,Thank you for taking time and rating us! We are happy that you like the idea of Meininger, to mix hotel and hostel :) We hope you had some nice days in Vienna and would be happy if you choose Meininger again for your next city trips! Many greetings, Petra (Reception)

Clean and comfy rooms! Had to use the computer, but was slightly put off having to paid for it. Would certainly stay here again!

Overall more of a hotel feel then a hostel and it did not have ac even though it advertised it did. Very modern though, internet wasn't bad.

this is more like a hotel. no air conditioning and on the sixth floor, the heat was almost unbearable. a bit far from the main train station but easy to get to on the metro.

We booked a 4-bed-DORM which is in fact just a tiny HOTEL double bed room in where they added a bunk bed!If you are a group of 4 travelling together then this could be definetely a good option otherwise NO! Your neighboor could be just sleeping 20 cm next to you; no privay! How can this be promoted as a DORM? The air conditioning in the room wasn't working at all, so during summer expect high temperatures inside...CANNOT RECOMMEND for solo travellers...doesn't have at all a hostel atmosphere.

I tried to book a room from the 10th til the 12th, but all the hostels in town were booked for the first night. After booking the second night at the Franz and landing in Vienna, I made my way to the hostel and planned on (worst case) sitting in the lobby til the next day, but when I asked the receptionist if they had anything extra he got me an extra bed! And this was even after I had been in contact with their main office somewhere in Germany and got a resounding "no" on my request.

• 11th Jun 2015
  • Norway

The staff at this hostel should be commended on there service. They are very accommodating. The hostel was exceptionally hot, with no fans or vents I would not repeat my stay in the summer months.

Will never recommend or stay here EVER!! I had booked a 4 bed room for 2 nights and ended up in a 6 bed room. Their excuse was that they were fully booked and couldnt do anything about it. Really??? I booked and paid for a 4 bed room which YOU confirmed! As if that wasn't enough we were forced to change rooms the following day because the 6 bed room we ended up with was booked out for other guests! They offered us free B'fast but that's about all.. HOPELESS!!

• 11th Jun 2015

The room was unbearably hot. I understand the fan system had to be turned off (or was broken) but you should have immediately provided fans or fixed the problem. Staying 3 days in a room that hot without ventilation was completely unacceptable. The service staff did not appreciate the problem and only offered that management was aware and working on it. Waking up at 6am from heat, sweating in bed is not a place I will ever recommend to anyone.

Dont order food their. They take your order and ring a local take away shop!! We ordered two pizzas and a delivery man turned up 1hr later!!

Hello, thank you for your feedback I am sorry about the inconvenience with the pizza but I hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay. Your reception staff!

Fantastic staff and really good location, but this is primarily a Hotel, so there isn't much of a hostel social environment downstairs. The beds aren't particularly comfortable, but then I'm 6'5" so maybe keep that in mind.

Hi, Thank you so much for your feedback! Our staff is always happy to hear such nice words :) Too bad that there was not much hostel-life going on at this time. Anyway we hope you could enjoy your stay and we would be happy if you choose Meininger again for your next trips! Many greetings, Petra (reception)

Well designed, secure rooms with designated lights, outlets, lockers, etc for each guest. Located in a lovely part of Vienna: quiet and charming yet close to all the sights in the first district, with other sights easily accessible by public transit. Particularly nice in summer thanks to activity along the Donau.

It's a good place to stay clean and comfortable, even if far from the city center. On the other hand, they only have one washing machine for all the rooms.

More like hotel for the price of a hostel. Close to the centre of town. Great spot, would recommend.

Our first stay was great. But this time.... The toilet was absolutely disgusting - it wasen't cleaned at all, like the rest of the bathroom. Although we booked about 3 month ahead of our stay, we the room next to the fire safety door. Which was of course VERY LOUD... For our next trip to Vienna we'll find something better.

• 29th May 2015