MEININGER Vienna Downtown Franz Reviews

Rembrandtstrasse 21, Vienna, Austria

Great rooms and comfy beds, not great atmosphere and a fair distance from the centre

Nice hostel but more like a hotel. Huge ! No real atmosphere despite huge social area but this could just be the fact it was a sunday night. Super clean, staff super DUPER friendly and helpful. Small kitchen with washing facilities (you have to pay) which was really handy! rooms are big, beds comfy, shower was super good although had a slight issue with the drain. Not particularly central but fine for one night stay as i was with friends in the hostel.

THE ROOMS HERE ARE SO SMALL!!! I stayed in a four person mixed room and it honestly felt like I was sharing a bed with the woman to my left. I felt that way because our beds were actually touching! The bunk bed to my right would creak so loud when the guy on the top bunk moved, I thought it was going to break free from the wall and crush the woman beneath. For almost 40 Euro, I was not impressed AT ALL with this "hostel." It's more of a hotel-room share theme.

• 22nd Aug 2015

What a fantastic place to stay in Vienna! Great location cool walk by the river chilled out place very clean - more like a hotel then hostel - highly recommended!

• 20th Aug 2015

I had reserved a room with flexible option in order to have opportunity to cancel it but when i wanted to cancel it I could not. In fact I tried too much to find the way of cancellation. I think the poorness of website was the reason of that. I called the hostel to ask them to cancel it but still I could not cancel. How does the flexible option work? Thank you.

Everything is good, and nice breakfast buffet! Just one small thing that can make it perfect is that a bigger kitchen for all guests to use would be better!

Not impressed by Air Conditioning being turned off at night. On Hostel world it says that the hostel is fully air-conditioned. Definitely misleading if not false advertisement. Breakfast too expensive for what we got. Room very clean and had everything it needed. Overall stay was mediocre.

• 15th Aug 2015

All around is was a very clean but average hostel. I love to walk around cities, but this was a lot of walking. At least a 30 min walk to get to anywhere cool. Not the most social due to the fact is has a lot of families and large groups but I was at the end of my vacation and not feeling very social myself. Breakfast should be cheaper

I was dissapointed with this hostel. Granted it's Fairly priced in a silly expensive country but everything is at a cost. No wi-fi in the rooms grew to be the biggest problem. Everybody hurdled in the lobby to sort out Travellers basic needs, research, tickets ect caused the atmosphere to be stale + not recreational. I had To request a map + info ( basics) and when my phone broke + needed help with a reservation I was told to pay for a pc or go to the station ( from the manager).

Very nice and clean. This is a hotel more so then a hostel.

Pretty good staff, timed aircon, close to two stations, close to a supermarket.

Great place with a very good location. It's just 5-7 mins to the metro station by walking and about 2-3 mins to the tram. Room was so nice and clean, and so was the toilet and the shower, wifi was really good. The public area had a great atmosphere but the common kitchen was small. Overall, a great place, will definitely be staying there again, if in Vienna.

• 11th Aug 2015
  • Egypt

More like a chain hotel than a hostel apart from being in a shared rooms. Excellent cleanliness, facilities and helpful staff. Air-con was much appreciated as it was 37C outside! Breakfast is extra but there is a kitchen and fridges so very easy to make your own.

Hostel is a little bit remote. The next subway station and the major sight seeing spots are quite some time away. Hostel staff is very nice and helpful. But the place has no vibe due to its size. Only a small kitchen offers a place to socialize. Many visitors are families. Rooms are nice.

The staff here really couldn't do enough. They were always on hand 24/7 to help and answer queries and were so knowledgable. The hostel dorms were spotless and more like a hotel very very clean.

Good hostel location is good. Staff are friendly. No aircon so very hot at night. Some wifi didn't reach rooms. Breakfast was expensive for a back packers. Beds where arranged a bit strange. Other than that lovely bathrooms. Beds where comfy enough.

Clean,modern hotel.friendly staff.they allowed us to store 9 bikes in a safe place out back.you don't have to check out at a ridiculously early time. AC worked grand in our front once we closed windows. Bar downstairs isnt really a bar in true sense of word.

The kitchen was extremely tiny for the amount of guests that were staying in the hostel around 25 sq meters is not enough to facilitate 400 odd people cooking there the flies were also very off putting. On the day we checked in we were very discouraged with the manner of the girl at reception (young and blonde but we don't remember her name). I had been told that we were entitled to breakfast via email with an inter rail pass she rudely explained that the email was a mistake.

i was impressed by the hostel which i felt was a ,hotel! the AC was a big plus and showers and the helpful staff especially hannah and the breakfast down. the bed had a minus as it had ants in it!! but overall for what i paid i was satisfied. i recommend

The hostel was so hot that I wouldn't recommend anyone to stay there in the summer months. There was no AC or fans in either the dorms or the reception. We were literally drenched in sweat just sitting in the reception and felt suffocated in our dorm. Positives though - new clean facilities, easy walk into town, would be great in the spring/autumn.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7