MEININGER Vienna Downtown Franz Reviews

Rembrandtstrasse 21, Vienna, Austria

Other than my roommate who took my key while i was still sleeping and i ended up being charged euro,5 everything else was fantastic. The hostel can find a way of tagging the keys so that people in a room do not engage in this kind of mischief.

• 12th Oct 2014
  • Kenya

Rebecca was very helpful and cool. Thanks to her we didn´t leave after the first night.. Beside that this ho(s)tel reflects everything about vienna ... Sterile, boring and dead.

not very friendly staff, and a little impersonal, but the facilities are good

My last day the girl at the front desk (brunette) was very hospitable, smiley and gave me a free coffee. She was very helpful and I appreciated it. However, one of the staff members, I believe her name was Laura did not seem happy to be there and was very short when answering my questions. I was a bit embarrassed to ask questions and did not feel as welcomed when checking in. I stayed at two other Meningers while in Europe and haven't had any issues until now. Besides this, I enjoyed my stay.

• 8th Oct 2014

Not a hostel. Definitely a hotel. Place was nice, but it was impossible to meet people. Groups of students and retirees. Stay somewhere else if you plan on meeting people

The only thing I didn't like was that in the end, I received and email from someone called Adrian saying that I should pay a no-show fee. Also, I've paid for breakfast, but I've noticed that nobody was checking if I've paid or not, and this made me really upset, because people can have breakfast without paying.

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon and we apologize for the missunderstanding.... Sincerely, your MEININGER Team

Hostel was very good! The beds and pillows were really comfortable, the staff super friendly and the bathrooms got cleaned everyday which topped off how great it was! Would definitely recommend it.

The guest kitchen was rather small and there was a mess, due to not enough towels to dry the cuttlery.

The rooms were nice, quite cosy and very clean. Kitchen was a bit too small though.

Dear Guest, Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon. Sincerely, your MEININGER Team

Wlan was not good.

Dear Guest, Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are very sorry for the Problems with our WIFI...we are working on it :) Sincerely, your MEININGER Team

Nice room, like a hotel room with many beds, bathroom and shower were great only downside was the slightly cold unwelcoming staff at reception and also having to put sheets and duvet cover on my bed - this isn't the worst thing but from such a nice establishment I was slightly confused as it's the first time of had to do it - and I've stayed in $6 a night places in Vietnam.

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon! Sincerely, your MEININGER Team

Excellent hostel. It's a hostel with the hotel standard. Nice, clean and well decorated bathroom.

The hotel is confortable,not far from the centre,in a silent street. We enjoyed our staying,people are kind and disposable.breakfast is not included but not expensive,considering the cost for rooms. Good for families too.

Meininger Downtown Franz is a very modern and clean hostel. I liked the professional but welcoming atmosphere and the mix of guest types from families with children to party groups. Everything kind of fits together - the guests as well as the design. Also, the prices per night and for breakfast were absolutely acceptable. I would say all in all it was my best hostel experience so far.

• 30th Aug 2014

Hey, Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon. Lovely greetings from Vienna, your MEININGER Team

Lovely kitchen, maybe a tiny bit small for the amount of guests as it was quite busy at breakfast, but still had great facilities. Directions to the hostel were great concerning public transport, until we had to walk from one of the underground stations and the directions suddenly stopped. Hostel in general was very clean and secure. Had a great big friendly communal area. Location was okay, about a 5 minute walk from an underground station which took you into town.

Great place to stay, rooms are big, beds comfortable, great bar/reception/lounge area, staff very helpful/friendly. Only one negative well not really a negative, it was not really close to everything.

Hey guys, Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon, your MEININGER Team

When travelling here keep in mind that it's not a hostel - it's a hotel/hostel. Which means that it is huge. there are 7 floors and so many people that the guys on the reception have their hands full almost all day long. This might be the reason why not all of them are frienldy and many seem really irritated when you ask them something. I mean, they will eventually help you, but it will be done as a huge favour to you. Rooms are clean, showers are toilets are clean. Rooms are cleaned daily too.

• 24th Aug 2014
  • Ukraine

hostel was it stuffy but generally okay. very poor WIFI though.

Dear Guest, Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are sorry for the problem with our WIFI. Lovely greetings, your MEININGER Team

A good ten minute walk from the town center, but all Meininger properties are this way. You spend a little more and are a walk from the town center rather than being in it, but you are guaranteed to be in a private room four person max with your own bathroom and cleaning service daily.

Meininger has really friendly staff and it's very modern. My qualms were: If you're not lucky enough to get a bunk bed you may have to share what in essence is a double bed (ie two singles put together) with a stranger. You have to pay extra for lockers if you want one and the breakfast is pricey. You also have to pay for using the internet on computers and although wifi is free, there's a chance you may not get access if there are too many people on it. Close to the underground so that's a

• 17th Aug 2014

Hey Thank you for the great review of our hotel! In our small Dorms, you can seperate the two beds :) Sincerely, your MEININGER Team

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5