Mama's Home Reviews

Calle Orion s-n Entre Venus y Sol Oriente, Tulum, Mexico

Awesome stay! The people who stay there and work there are so much fun and activities are always organized! Can't wait to go back again!

• 24th Jul 2015

Do not have a bad word to say about Mamas Home. Had a great stay here. Would recommend to anyone who wants to feel comfortable and safe in a hostel. And breakfast is amazing every day !! Will return for sure.

• 20th Jul 2015

Had an enjoyable stay here, a good hostel for solo travellers as everyone pretty much hangs out together in the evenings. There were drinking and movie nights when I was there. Al was very helpful, jose the owner wasn't there during my stay so I feel like some things were slaking a bit, especially the breakfasts which I heard are amazing when done by jose. I'm sorry but churros and ice cream is not breakfast! I would have really liked communal meals here as I feel like it's the perfect set up.

An excellent experience overall. Laurie, Jose and Al we incredibly accommodating. Breakfast good. Evening activities fun. Great setup on drinking water. Beautiful courtyard. Just a great experience. Highly recommend.

• 30th Jun 2015

Is such a greay hostel. Jose, the owner, is very helpful with anything you need. The atmosphete is grrat! It definetely makrs ypu frel like you're in home. Also the events theu do every night are amazing.

Loved it!

Friendly staff Travelled by myself and met lots of people who wanted to go to the beach/cenotes/bike rides. Delicious included breakfast and free purified water, tea and coffee. I love Tulum, and Mama's home definately helped that.

The most welcoming hostel I've stayed in. Jose (the owner) and his staff did everything to make you feel at home. A different delicious breakfast was served every morning. There was a different activity every night from movie nights to BBQ's. The common area makes for a great atmosphere. The dorm was clean and comfortable. Jose knew everything about the area and recommended some great activities during the day. kitchen and wifi were very good. Only issues is the bathroom could of been better.

Jose's is the best place. I felt like family, like I have known Jose all my life. This is were I'll stay from now on. The breakfast was my son's favorite, crepes. The Cook out and Flamingo guitar and dancer were my favorite.

This is is a FANTASTIC hostel!!!!!! Great vibe and location with local store and great cheap restaurant just across the street. Fun events every nite as well. The ower lives on site and is the BEST!! ALWAYS VERY HELPFUL AND GREAT FUN. Look no further. Come to stay at Mamas Home!!

This is one of the best hostels i have ever visited. Aside from having good facilities and being clean the staff defiantly made Mamas home feel like a home. Jose goes over and above to make sure that your stay is enjoyable, and does his best to create a great atmosphere in the hostel (always actively engaged with guests, and evening activities). We had some items stolen on the way to Tulum - Jose spent several hours with us at the police station translating and generally helping the process.

Great hostel, feels like a home. All the staff are very helpful. Breakfast is great - alternates savory and sweet. Stayed in air conditioned dorm which was great. Highly recommend.

The staff is very friendly and welcoming and the guests tend to adopt the same demeanor. The breakfast is delicious and different every day. Unfortunately they have a limited number of lockers available and when I arrived they were all being used. Overall it was a very nice place to stay, perfect location as well.

• 29th May 2015

Our stay at Mamas Home was great!!! The coolest thing was the shell-shower. The patio is really nice, friendly staff, very clean! The breakfast could be a bit more, but it was really good!!! The bathroom window did not open...

Amazing hostel! The staff are friendly, knowledgeable and organize and join in on evening social events. The place is always clean. The mixed dorm has AC, outlets beside beds, big lockers and comfy beds. There is a kitchen, communal tables and area outside, elaborate, delicious and different breakfasts every day, computer terminals, fast Wi Fi in common areas, indoor seating area with couches, two adorable kittens, hammocks, and more. Located two blocks south of the main avenue. Highly recommend

Really enjoyed the stay at the hostel. Met great people and it was in such a good location that there were always things to do close by. Awesome place with awesome people! Thanks mamas home!!

Such an awesome hostel! Jose will treat you like family and there's always something on every evening whether it's a big shared dinner or a dancing lesson. Everyone here loves it so much they stay longer or come back. Jose has all the info you need and is always happy to help anytime. I took a day off to relax and hang around the hostel which isn't something I do many places. You might want to book if you can as I came off season and it was already booked out a couple of days ahead.

This was a great hostel. Jose is an excellent host and really creates a great atmosphere. The facilities are good and cheap, and the breakfasts amazing!

Great hostel, breakfast was not always very healthy but always delicious! I loved the activities organized by the staff, very good vibe Jose is very helpful regarding touristic info!

BEST hostel I have ever stayed in! Jose is such an amazing guy and made me feel so welcome. all the staff were so awesome and it was like one big family. perfect place to meet people and they put on really good social nights - bbq night, paella night, gin and tonic night etc

« first « Prev 1 2 3