Mama's Home Reviews

Calle Orion s-n Entre Venus y Sol Oriente, Tulum, Mexico

Great staff, excellent breakfasts - good mingling with other guests in the late evenings.

I loved this place. It's a little dumpy even by hostel standards - crappy towels, beds and bathrooms kind of gross but I would stay here again solely because it's so chill. But when you have good friendly owners and employees it makes the whole atmosphere nice. Everybody was hanging out, chatting etc. It was great. I loved it!

• 4th Feb 2015

Al, Antonio and the rest of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful at Mama's Home. The breakfasts far surpassed many that I have eaten at hotels and B&Bs in the past! All noise ends promptly between 11:00 and 11:30, and we were very impressed by the welcoming and considerate attitude of both management and guests. In addition, the location of this hostel is a couple of blocks away from Tulum's main street, providing a welcomed break from the bustle that occurs daily and nightly here.

• 3rd Feb 2015

A lovely little spot. We were up too early for breakfast but the fresh orange juice and water bottle refills were very much appreciated! Beds we're comfy and staff were really great.

I absolutely loved this hostel. Really liked the homey feel, and appreciated being told all the activities to do in the area ! Have no complaints of this hostel !

I was a little surprised to not have the amazing experience the other reviewers have. There aren't enough lockers for the people that stay there which is a bit odd(and sketchy) There's enough bathrooms but only one has any pressure. The other three there's barely any water flow and hot water was hit or miss. Bathrooms Could be cleaner but it's a hostel, whatever. Not a big fan of the breakfast when I was there one day was pancakes with chocalate sauce and ice cream? A bit much for brekky.

Overall, I enjoyed my time at this hostel and met some cool people, but I found the staff a bit too Fawlty Towers for my liking, just not as professional as other places I stayed in Mexico. There wasn't always hot water and the super sweet breakfasts were not to my personal taste, though others may like them. There aren't enough lockers for everyone but they do have a safe. The dorms upstairs are better, easier to sleep and nearer the bathrooms.

Very nice hostel with great hosts, delicious breakfast and fun evening activities. Only thing to criticize: get some more water pressure for the shower!

Great location... Close to everything you need! Staff were very helpful, they were able to provide us with a list of amazing places to see and things to do. Free breakfast was epic! All in all highly recommend if you wanna get amongst the central if tulum

This place is amazing! Breakfast is the best I have ever had - they cook it for you. The location is only two blocks from everything. Staff is so knowledgeable. you will not be disappointed!

We were so good, that we didn't want to walk away! At Mama's Home you are well, you sleep well at night, everything is very clean and comfortable. In the evening, the staff organizes almost always something cool, like tequila sunrise party or barbeque. Special honorable mention also about the breakfast: delicious! Jose and Marcos, finally, were always very kind and available to provide informations and advices, and to answer every request. We highly recommend you stay at Mama's Home! Happy days!

• 14th Jan 2015

Stayed in Mama's Home for 3 nights recently and had a very pleasant experience. I would like to thank all the staff - who looked after us so well and made us feel part of the family. For value for money - you cannot beat this place and also includes a free breakfast every day.

Great hostel to stay! Barbecues and movies are interesting activities and helped a solo traveler like me a lot. Thanks!

• 10th Jan 2015
  • China

The staff were wonderful and the outdoor areas were amazing. Swings at the bar, music, lights in the coconut trees, and hammocks to relax. There was a flamenco Show one night. The staff, especially Jose and Josephine are very welcoming, helpful, and have great recommendations for everything from the best tacos to other hostel reservations and tours. I would definitely stay here again.

Very welcoming, ambient hostel with a well-balanced vibe, friendly and sociable in the evenings with quiet time after 11pm, so you can still get some rest! Good breakfasts, you really do feel at home there hanging out in the beautiful courtyard...

• 29th Dec 2014

one of the best

Great experience. Jose and Al are fantastic hosts and really made my time in Tulum memorable. Perfect location, fun events, and good social atmosphere. I strongly recommend this hostel.

• 13th Dec 2014

Friendly staff, room damp , needs ventilation in shower,

Hi, My apologies for your awful experience, we are working at the moment on renovating the bathrooms in the hostel. I took over the place a few months ago and we have been changing a lot of things and a lot to improve. Thanks for the comment it helps us a lot. Warmest regards

I flew in Mexico and went straight to Tulum to start my adventure and get oriented. The hostel gave me a lovely start as well as guided me on the next portion of my journey. Sweet chill place with cool people. Thanks Jose and Antonio and all the other staff! You guys are great!

Amazing staff, great location, very clean, lots of activities - couldn't recommend this hostel any higher. Jose and his staff are welcoming, helpful and have a range of great recommendations - from restaurants to activities to English speaking doctors - they have you covered. It can get party but the noise always stops (and the party kicks on at a nearby bar) by 11 for anyone who needs a good night sleep. The breakfast changes every day and is always delicious.

« first « Prev 1 2 3