Mama's Home Reviews

Calle Orion s-n Entre Venus y Sol Oriente, Tulum, Mexico

Great experience. Jose and Al are fantastic hosts and really made my time in Tulum memorable. Perfect location, fun events, and good social atmosphere. I strongly recommend this hostel.

• 13th Dec 2014

Friendly staff, room damp , needs ventilation in shower,

Hi, My apologies for your awful experience, we are working at the moment on renovating the bathrooms in the hostel. I took over the place a few months ago and we have been changing a lot of things and a lot to improve. Thanks for the comment it helps us a lot. Warmest regards

I flew in Mexico and went straight to Tulum to start my adventure and get oriented. The hostel gave me a lovely start as well as guided me on the next portion of my journey. Sweet chill place with cool people. Thanks Jose and Antonio and all the other staff! You guys are great!

There is insufficient space here to put all our comments. We'll post them in tripadvisor. There was a lot of positive. On the negative side this hostel seems to think one of it's primary goals is to provide entertainment in the form of loud music and movies whether the guest wants it or not. It makes it difficult to have peaceful moments here and can't sleep until late in the evening.

• 9th Dec 2014
  • Mexico
  • Couple, 41+

Such a fantastic place to stay. Jose and the other guys are amazing, so welcoming and helpful. Jose offered lots of great advice to help us make the most of Tulum. Would definitely recommend to anyone wanting to chill out and explore.

Jose and the staff at Mama's made it a very welcoming place to stay.. the breakfasts in the morning and the general atmosphere were excellent.

staff is extremely nice. the common area is a great place to meet people and they do events during the week such as cocktail tastings and movie nights. they have quiet hours that start at 11 PM to allow people with early mornings to sleep. clean. great environment.

Jose and the staff are phenomenal! There is almost always something going on at night for you to do: like a movie, flaminco dancers or learning how to make coctails. The rooms are great and well-priced for the area. We would have spent more than a week there, but we moved to a beach campground so we could wake up on the beach. Mama's home has the advantage of being very central and close to the action of town and cheaper restaurants. It's also awesomee to wake up to breakfast and coffee.

• 30th Nov 2014

Very nice and relaxing ambiance. Very helpful staff with a lot of recommendations and tips. Nicely located and very accessible to beach and ruins.

Great place. Jose is ever helpful regarding all things Tulum. Good location in town. Always people around but quiets down after 11pm. Free coffee and breakfast everyday. Would definitely return.

• 18th Nov 2014

If staying in Tulum on a budget then mamas home is ideal. The breakfast included in the price are amazing, different everyday, fresh and delicious. The staff are so friendly and helpful and always happy to chat through your travel plans and make recommendations. The hostel itself has a beautiful communal courtyard. It's just wonderful!

• 16th Nov 2014

Great, friendly staff and the best breakfast you've probably ever had in a hostel...thank you!

Really enjoyed my time here. Jose is mega friendly and would always help with any questions. The breakfasts are amazing, a different one everyday and always fresh. One of the best aspects is you can have fun and meet people as a solo traveller, but after 11 the music stops so you can go to bed in peace or carry on the party elsewhere. Ended up staying longer as the hostel and tulum are great!

Amazingly sociable hostel. Met the best people and with the music / socialising ending at 11 it means you can have a quiet night or go to the local mojito bar to kick on. The staff are great at giving advice and breakfast was the best I've had at a Mexican hostel. Can't always stay that extra night if you change your mind as it's so popular (and you will stay longer than you planned to) so book for longer than you think you need to!

• 4th Nov 2014

If i'd been on my own ,i world have stayed longer. We'll carde for, we'll rune hostel

The best hostel I've ever stayed at. The atmosphere was fantastic, the breakfasts every morning were unbelievable (I stayed 11 nights, and it was something different and delicious every day), and the staff were all really helpful. The location is great too, it's in town but very easy to get to the beach, ruins, cenotes and other attractions. Do yourself a favour and book now, instead of waiting until halfway through your stay in Tulum, when you're sick of hearing other travellers rave about it.

The only hostel to stay in Tulum!! Feels like home, cool vibes, amazing breakfast and little events each night to bring everyone together. Jose does everything he can to make sure your stay is amazing, I'll be coming back here many times in the future!

• 23rd Oct 2014

Wonderful place! The owner Jose is so friendly and helpful. And the breakfasts are delicious!!!!

• 21st Oct 2014

We stayed in this hostel in October this year and it was amazing. Absolutely everything about it was great. Great location, facilities, breakfast... and the staff (especially Jose and Al) were unbelievably helpful and friendly. It was also a nice size hostel too - not to small, but not too big... the place had a lot of charm. Staff were great and gave really great info on things to do in Tulum, places to go to eat and party etc. Highly recommend!!!!

Jose was extremely helpful, particularly when my girlfriend was sick he was very considerate even offering a special plain breakfast to help out. Would recommend this place to anyone even before that.

« first « Prev 1 2 3