Mango53 Inn Reviews

2F, No.53, Sec. 3, Heping West Road, Wanhua District, Taipei, Taiwan

Easy to find right next to the subway, staff were nice and helpful. Place was clean and modern, Id be happy to stay here again.

The rooms are clean and the staffs are superfriendly. But there were not may people staying there while I was staying there so I could not really socialize with other trevellers.

• 13th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Great hostel, location was excellent. Easy to find and close to Taipei main train station. Staff was really friendly and helpful. We stayed here twice: first time when we just arrived in Taiwan and the second time was the day before we left. The second time we had a private room with an ensuite: that room was perfect. Furthermore, you have everything you need. Wifi, common room to hang out, small kitchen to make coffee and tea, outdoor terrace. Totally recommended.

After doing the door-to-door of a few other hostels in the Ximen district, I quickly realized that it doesn't get better than Mango53. The staff is very eager to help (even making phone calls to get me out of a small jam) and the hostel has a home-like feel and all-around good vibe to it which I've had some trouble finding in Asia. Highly recommend!

The staff were all super helpful and friendly, especially the girl with short-hair (forgot to ask her name), it was such a pleasure to talk to her! The only down side of our stay was the lower part of the bunk beds, it made really big noises everytime we moved, woke myself up a few times in the middle of the night.

• 31st May 2014
  • Hong Kong

In general a good hostel, but the lockers were placed outside the room, felt quite easy to break into, no security camera (that I could see) over looking them and nobody in reception during night they did not feel very secure. Even though it was located very close to the MRT and was very easy to find, it is not located in a very good area of Taipei, there are a lot of homeless people around the station and I accidentally walked onto the prostitute street one evening.

Easy to find, very close to the metrostation. Facilities are new and fresh, almost too clean.. Nice and friendly staff!

This was my first hostel in Taiwan and I felt like home. I realy liked this hostel. It is a small one and thats what I like about hostels. The toilets and showers where clean every night and day ;-) The beds were oke, for me they mattress was very thin. Very handy that you have your own personal night lamp and plugs to recharge your stuff. You get your own personal locker!! Great to put some valuable stuff like your paspoort. I liked the fact it was so close to the mrt station.

Nice hostel with friendly people, very close to MRT and to the longshan temple. Nice beds and very clean bathrooms. Thank you guys!

Great place to stay with friendly staff, very reasonable price when compared with other places around; also received the instruction prior my arrival and have no problem at all to find the place. in short, really suggest all to give it a try!

Friendly staff, good location, cozy and homey environment. Many delicious local eateries along the street and along the night market to explore. Great choice for discovering a different, or maybe authentic, flavor of Taipei city.

Great location! Less than 100m to metro. The hostel sent me a direction map with detailed instructions. Actually it's just along the avenue. So really don't understand why so many reviews complaining about how to get to the place. It's a guest house-styled hostel, not commercial hotel. So it's totally fine with me there is no big signage outside. Top floor common area is a treasure. It offers everything an experienced traveller would need plus washer, dryer and open air hanging area. Love it!

• 28th Apr 2014
  • Singapore

It was a little bit difficult to find the hostel because there's no big sign of Mango53 Inn. After asked 2 persons around, finally I could find the hostel. I stayed at Mango53 Inn for 3 nights and I can say that it's a nice place for travelers. It's cozy, clean, and the staffs are friendly and helpful. The room's a little bit small for 8 persons though. I met some travelers and mostly they came from China or South Korea. Overall, I enjoyed my stay at Mango53 Inn.