Mango53 Inn Reviews

2F, No.53, Sec. 3, Heping West Road, Wanhua District, Taipei, Taiwan

It was a little bit difficult to find the hostel because there's no big sign of Mango53 Inn. After asked 2 persons around, finally I could find the hostel. I stayed at Mango53 Inn for 3 nights and I can say that it's a nice place for travelers. It's cozy, clean, and the staffs are friendly and helpful. The room's a little bit small for 8 persons though. I met some travelers and mostly they came from China or South Korea. Overall, I enjoyed my stay at Mango53 Inn.

relatively clean and located very close to the long shan temple attraction. the only downside was that the room was very humid, especially after rounds of showers. nice common areas.

지하철역에서 많이 가깝고요ㅎ 스탭이 참 친절합니다ㅎ

• 30th Jan 2014
  • South Korea

The dorm is very charming and quiant. The staff were all helpful and friendly. We really enjoyed our stay and would recommend it to everyone going to Taipei.

Great stay, staff was very friendly- they also have a great after-hours check in system. We arrived at 2am and had no trouble finding the place with the address and instructions that were given us. Beds are comfortable and bathroom facilities are always clean. However, if you do not enjoy non-gendered washrooms, you may want to rethink your stay- The washrooms are co-ed. If you don't care, book away! Excellent for beginner travellers and the staff is ready to answer all of your questions.

Very nice place. Staff friendly and helpful. Beds very comfortable-firm mattress and warm duve. No heat on the top floor so a little cool but ok. Lots of young Taiwanese chatting away so a little noisy in the common area at times. Overall though nice place to stay.

The location is accessible, the staff are friendly and the bed is clean. No curfew. Value for money.

it's a nice place, pretty clean and confortable, and the staff can be helpful when they turn around and see you! Not in the best location Longshan Temple, there are a few homeless people about a dose of real life in Taipei. Its a nice walk to a few sites from the hostel (opposite direction to the metro/homeless people!). it's not a bad place to stay.

The beds were comfortable and clean. The bathroom was okay though one shower had a broken lock and the other had a broken shower head.

• 4th Jan 2014

Stairs at the entrance may be a little problem when you come with heavy luggage. Stairs also to go to the lobby, which is very nice, it is like you're at home ! Also rooftops really great for laundry stuff !

Friendly staff and I like the atmosphere of the common area!

• 24th Dec 2013
  • Hong Kong

Can't say much about, the hostel, since it was only a one night stay. But the staff was helpful and the location is really close to the next subway station!

Had a nice stay in Mango 53 hostel. It's a good place to stay if you want to explore the west side of Taipei. The room was clean and comfortable. Good for couples needing there own space. Quiet no party so a good night sleep. Thanks

• 12th Dec 2013

Very happy with Mango! Instructions to find the door is quite good, 2 mins from the MRT. Area has a night market but also next to a "red light" area so just keep that in mind when visiting the alleys and walking by the "massage" spas. Lots of homeless people sleep at the MRT station but it was completely safe. Nice staff, speaks good english. Slippers are provided but bring your own if you can. Wifi was good. Slight downside is the bunk beds are very squeaky and twin room is small, but it's ok.

mango 53 inn is easy to find loacation and near the subway stn. traditional market and traditional street only 1 min from hostel staff so kind and security is quaite good cause in front of door install the security system I strongly recommand to stay mango53 inn but plase attendtion steep staircase !!! so who will bring heavy suitcase or have problem on knee

• 7th Dec 2013
  • South Korea

Lovely and very friendly staff. On getting there when you get out of Longshan Temple station and you exit from exit 3 turn left and it's maybe 100 metres down the road if you reach the birds (and trust me you will know what I mean) you have gone past it. It's a small orange sign next to the door that says 53. LOOK FOR THE NUMBERS ON THE STREET. Down the road (about a 20 minute walk) you will find the taipei botanical gardens it's very worth a visit.

I will stay again if I go to tw next time....

• 2nd Dec 2013
  • Hong Kong

Public showers were not clean enough to my taste, as they do smell badly of mould. Otherwise, the shared bathroom in the female dorm was very good. Location: It's very loud from the street day and unfortunately night. Couldn't sleep well. Yes, I had earplugs. Location otherwise good, close to subway, temple, food.

I was fulfilled at mango53 inn for 3days,the staffs at here are very nice,and I got a lot of friends here,good environment and place,I will choose it again once I came back to taipei^^

• 18th Nov 2013
  • China

Location-wise this place is unbeatable. Eateries and a night market are a couple of blocks away. The MRT is literally a few steps away. Railway station is also a few blocks away. My one complain is that there clothes dryer needs to be replaced. On a whole I can't think of a better place to stay on my next trip :)