9.3
Superb 161 Total Reviews
9.3
Superb 161 Total Reviews
Marcilia Beach Bungalows Located at km 1212 Ant. Panam Norte, , Mancora.
Peru
Mancora Talara km 1212 Ant. Panam Norte
93% 161
-4.1392917 -81.1061167
    Rooms available

• England, Couple, 18-24
5th Jul 2016

Hosts were brilliant! So helpful and really wanted your stay to be its best. Beautiful location, however be aware, two of the bungalows aren't on the beach, but are on the other side of the road. Still get a sea view, but not what we had expected. Wifi was good. Showers were cold. Additional breakfast things a bit expensive. And lots of ants, so be careful what you put on the floor. But was perfect opportunity to relax and hosts really care about your experience. So would highly recommend!!

20th Jun 2016
8.0

Our room was awesome! It was away from Mancora city but we preferred that. The ceviche was so delicious and the other dishes we ordered were also great but just know it takes about an hour before the food actually comes out. The owner is knowledgeable and helpful. We decided to stay longer because the place was so relaxing. Great place! Beware the mosquitos at night!

5th Jun 2016

Fantastic place to stay, right by the beach so you can hear the waves when you wake up. It is further out of town but you can walk 1.5hrs along the beach or get a tuk tuk for 15soles so is more for a relaxing retreat. You can have all your meals there and breakfast is good but any extras cost so this is not a budget option. Marcel is a lovely host and we really enjoyed the break from all our manic travelling the last couple of months. Not a party hostal. Lovely dogs.

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
5th Jun 2016

A really lovely beach getaway! A great hostel/bungalow experience! There are two bungalows located right on the beachfront and two just across the road a little further up, with excellent sea views. We were lucky enough to get to try the top and bottom bungalows. Those on the beachfront are a tad pricier, but worth it. They are bigger with a little kitchenette, just a 2 second walk from the water! The owners are really friendly and help out wherever possible! Much better than staying in Mancora!

• England, Couple, 31-40
29th May 2016

Best place we've stayed so far. Marcial is a great host. He was there to welcome us on our (very) early arrival and made us very welcome guests. The bungalows are so nice. Clean, comfortable and a few seconds walk from the beach. The perfect place to relax. The food was also superb. We would have extended our stay further (like all other guests there) had we more time left. I could have easily spent more time relaxing by the beach and enjoying Marcials cooking. Muchos Gracias.

• Australia, Couple, 18-24
18th May 2016

We absolutely loved this place! You may as well book an extra night because you will end up doing it anyway. Marcel is so awesome and helpful, he set us up with his mates to go fishing and it was great fun. They also have 3 dogs that are cutie pies! We will stay here again :)

• Australia, Couple, 18-24
15th May 2016

Marcilia was one of the best places we stayed during our 2 month trip. It is located a little while out of Mancora which meant it was quiet and peaceful. Bungalows were spacious and clean with fans and we had no problems with mosquitos. Marcial is a fantastic cook and was more than helpful when we had vegetarian requests. The carbonara and pesto pasta were phenomenal! Our only regret is that we couldn't stay longer. We had a wonderful time.

10th May 2016

Marcial is an incredible cook and wonderful, warm host! I did not get the pleasure to meet his wife as she was away. I rented the beach bungalow and couldn't have been happier. It was exactly what I wanted: a quiet escape from the crowds, warm sand, good location, sound of waves.... And awesome food!! I cannot say enough good things. Marcial helped me book a massage, even called a Tuk Tuk for me.The bungalows are rustic and clean. The price is appropriate to location and amenities. I will return

• New Zealand, Couple, 25-30
16th Apr 2016

Nice well equiped bungalows, 2 prices which determine if you are beach front or back where you can't see the beach (we chose beachfront) good breakfasts, internets very patchy. Only real negative was I plugged my $300 Battery charger in to the wall of the bungalow and never having any problems with it all travels, it sparked and broke... The wall socket must had been dodgy.. When explaining, he wasn't accomodating at all and just accusesed me, not taking any responsibility for his wall socket..

Dear Guest thank you for your comment *Nice well equipped bungalows* , we always do our best for everybody. As soon as you told me about the problem I checked immediately the outlet in the bathroom which is intended to be used for hairdryers and electric shavers that is why it is located above to the sink counter although there are other outlets in the bungalow you decided to plug it there and we do not know if the device got wet at some point. I plugged my Apple phone and a night table lamp there and both of them were working properly which means that the outlet was working fine. Imagine somebody comes to your home, plugs an ¨expensive device¨ + an adaptor in your 220 outlet(we are in Peru) and tells you are responsible because it got broken, then you check the socket and it is working fine, what would you do?????. We cannot be responsible for the electronics you plug in the outlets, it might have been an expensive device, no doubt about it but I saw it was china made when I check it, I have been in china and I know very well there are devices and proper devices, for different prices in that country. Sorry it happened here and not somewhere else it ended its lasting, remember you are travelling and moving many times and this was the same I told you then. I did not accuse you, you were the one that said It was your fault not me!!!.. Probably you miss understand me. By the way internet free wi-fi is and have been good and fast enough all the time in the social area.

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
9th Apr 2016

Had the best week of our travels so far at Marcilia beach bungalows!! Was really nice to have a private room and delicious food prepared for us after roughing it for a month (have the carbonara). Marcel was a perfect host and was really kind with giving us tips and waiting up for us to arrive at 5am. The property backs onto a basically deserted beautiful beach. Rooms cleaned every day, good wifi. Loved the doggies as well! Also, remember it is price per room not bed so actually very reasonable!