9.3
Superb 163 Total Reviews
9.3
Superb 163 Total Reviews
Marcilia Beach Bungalows Located at km 1212 Ant. Panam Norte, , Mancora.
Peru
Mancora Talara km 1212 Ant. Panam Norte
93% 163
-4.1392917 -81.1061167
    Rooms available

19th Aug 2016

This may be my most favorite place of the trip so far. Close enough to Mancora to visit and play, but far enough away to enjoy the peace and quiet. The owner, Manny, was an excellent host. He was helpful enough to be both interesting and informative, but not so helpful as to be annoying. The one thought I had the entire time I was there was, "I can not beleive I am staying at this wonderful location for just $20 a night...Fantastic. I would recommend this stay to anyone.

• England, Couple, 18-24
5th Jul 2016

Hosts were brilliant! So helpful and really wanted your stay to be its best. Beautiful location, however be aware, two of the bungalows aren't on the beach, but are on the other side of the road. Still get a sea view, but not what we had expected. Wifi was good. Showers were cold. Additional breakfast things a bit expensive. And lots of ants, so be careful what you put on the floor. But was perfect opportunity to relax and hosts really care about your experience. So would highly recommend!!

Thank you for your comment. Here in MARCILIA we always go the extra mile with the support of our guests of course. We kindly suggest everybody to read completely the information hostels provide before you make a booking and not receive less than what is offer, we explained clearly the position and distance to the beach of our accommodations in our mini site, our prices in front of the beach are the cheapest ones in this privileged shore side beach area ¨ Vichayito¨ beach so if you want an upgrade you can always ask!, plus you will get a kitchenette and a Frio bar in the bungalows that are few meters from the sea. We understand everybody has a budget to follow but please read all the information provided before you make a booking and explain your point of view if it does not fit your expectations. Marcial (me) is the one who repairs everything in MARCILIA, I do not have repair orders because as soon as a guest TELLS me something is not working or going on the way you expected I am involved in the fixing or solving of the situation sorry if I did not give you the confidence enough for you to tell me the hot shower was not working, I could have fixed it in 15 minutes. ¨ Prices for Breakfast additional items are a bit expensive¨, this is relative and everything has a relation to quality, we pretend to give all our guest the best we can because you deserve it. We are in an open nature beach place surrounded by dozen of kinds of birds, palm trees , gardens with flowers, wonderful sea life (whales are back now as every year), geckos (our partners in the cleaning of ants and other small insects so please do not kill them they are totally harmless), if you leave food or unattended open packages not proper closed I guess that in any part of the world you will get a visit of ants and here we are not an exception, we also have them, we control them out of the bungalows with the daily cleaning but we need your support too in case we have to do something else so please just let us know. We are extremely happy you stayed here with us and will continue helping out everybody having a wonderful vacation in a superb private beach of our beloved Perú.

• South Africa, Couple, 25-30
1st Jul 2016

Great stay at Marcilia - stayed in one of the front bungalows which was really nice - felt like you had your own private beach...had good facilities to cook our own meals and the owners were really helpful and friendly.

20th Jun 2016
8.0

Our room was awesome! It was away from Mancora city but we preferred that. The ceviche was so delicious and the other dishes we ordered were also great but just know it takes about an hour before the food actually comes out. The owner is knowledgeable and helpful. We decided to stay longer because the place was so relaxing. Great place! Beware the mosquitos at night!

5th Jun 2016

Fantastic place to stay, right by the beach so you can hear the waves when you wake up. It is further out of town but you can walk 1.5hrs along the beach or get a tuk tuk for 15soles so is more for a relaxing retreat. You can have all your meals there and breakfast is good but any extras cost so this is not a budget option. Marcel is a lovely host and we really enjoyed the break from all our manic travelling the last couple of months. Not a party hostal. Lovely dogs.

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
5th Jun 2016

A really lovely beach getaway! A great hostel/bungalow experience! There are two bungalows located right on the beachfront and two just across the road a little further up, with excellent sea views. We were lucky enough to get to try the top and bottom bungalows. Those on the beachfront are a tad pricier, but worth it. They are bigger with a little kitchenette, just a 2 second walk from the water! The owners are really friendly and help out wherever possible! Much better than staying in Mancora!

• England, Couple, 31-40
29th May 2016

Best place we've stayed so far. Marcial is a great host. He was there to welcome us on our (very) early arrival and made us very welcome guests. The bungalows are so nice. Clean, comfortable and a few seconds walk from the beach. The perfect place to relax. The food was also superb. We would have extended our stay further (like all other guests there) had we more time left. I could have easily spent more time relaxing by the beach and enjoying Marcials cooking. Muchos Gracias.

• Australia, Couple, 18-24
18th May 2016

We absolutely loved this place! You may as well book an extra night because you will end up doing it anyway. Marcel is so awesome and helpful, he set us up with his mates to go fishing and it was great fun. They also have 3 dogs that are cutie pies! We will stay here again :)

• Australia, Couple, 18-24
15th May 2016

Marcilia was one of the best places we stayed during our 2 month trip. It is located a little while out of Mancora which meant it was quiet and peaceful. Bungalows were spacious and clean with fans and we had no problems with mosquitos. Marcial is a fantastic cook and was more than helpful when we had vegetarian requests. The carbonara and pesto pasta were phenomenal! Our only regret is that we couldn't stay longer. We had a wonderful time.

10th May 2016

Marcial is an incredible cook and wonderful, warm host! I did not get the pleasure to meet his wife as she was away. I rented the beach bungalow and couldn't have been happier. It was exactly what I wanted: a quiet escape from the crowds, warm sand, good location, sound of waves.... And awesome food!! I cannot say enough good things. Marcial helped me book a massage, even called a Tuk Tuk for me.The bungalows are rustic and clean. The price is appropriate to location and amenities. I will return