Marcopolo Inn Calafate

Rating 418 Total Reviews

• Wales, Couple, 25-30
21st Jan 2017
2.0

What a dump! If we could get a refund we would but we know that's never going to happen Dirty hostel which is over charging even though we got a "promo rate" apparently (which is still way too much). 1 ladder between 3 bunk beds, linen extra (sheet given & we almost froze in the accommodation). Brekkie isn't included even tho we were told it was on hostel world & didn't know linen was extra either. Shower is just an open pipe coming through the wall, this place needs some $ spent on it!!

• Israel, Male, 31-40
20th Jan 2017
6.3

אין להם מצעים! אתה ישן על מזרן בלי סדין עם סמיכה ו כרית מקלחת אחת ל8 אנשים תמיד יש תור לשירותים ו למקלחת הבעלים והעובדים מאד נחמדים ועוזרים במה שאפשר

18th Jan 2017
2.9

Really dirty and unclean facilities. It's a little far away but not the end of the world. Also the guy who runs the place overbooked it and I had to leave at night when someone came back and I was in 'their bed' . Really confusing and the proprietor was bare minimum help. Woof

14th Jan 2017
2.6

When I arrived Marcopolo Inn a staff member told me they had no beds and it didn't matter that I had a reservation and had paid a deposit. They were overbooked had 5 people staying in the common area. After much deliberation it was decided that I could stay for free in the common area with my own pad and sleeping bag as long as I was out by 7am. The space was dirty and loud. I tried to get settled anyway. She then decided I would still have to pay for staying in the common area on my own gear.

• England, Female, 18-24
12th Jan 2017
2.9

Very disappointed! Got to the hostel and they had over booked us. Luckily we didn't have to move but they moved the others. Didn't get sheets until asked for. Place was so run down, the lockers were rickety, kitchen absolutely filthy. Was under the impression a family ran the business, no one attntentive at reception, place was dusty and unclean. Their young teenage kids seemed to be doing the house keeping! (literally) Wifi rubbish. Overall worst hostel I've ever stayed in patagonia so far!

7th Jan 2017
2.0

Worst place in the world, don't go there

29th Nov 2016
2.0

STAY AWAY! Worst hostel ever and Fabiana, the owner tops beeing rude. Booked a single rm ensuite, got a 3 br, no TV mentioned on web, it was removed, the frame still there. Website said, b/f included, but owner said, not to my rate, should pay 120ARS for b/f. No rm cleaning in 6 days. Kitchen in other building, dishes, sink, floor all dirty,fridge had broken door. 2 kids made noise every night late. Owner cares for family only, not guest. No publ. computer pics on web all wrong. Stay away!

21st Nov 2016
6.9

Only one person in the property spoke English and she was only around in the evenings. I was there three nights and it was supposed to include breakfast. Each day I asked and the older woman who lived there (in Spanish) and she looked confused. I did notice one morning though a table was set up with a blanket over it for 2 couples who had gotten a room. She prepared breakfast for them! Rooms were not cleaned, and left unlocked with doors to the outside...lovely people, but I would not reccd

• Germany, Female, 25-30
21st Nov 2016
4.0

I definitely can not recommend this hostel. I would never go there again really dirty rooms without wifi and even no breakfast as it is said on the booking. Better look for another Hostel in el calafate!

6th Nov 2016
6.3

Our expectations were very low since we read many extremely bad reviews on HW. It was the cheapest hostel in town. Confortable beds. Small kitchen in only one building for all the dorms. broken fridge, half working. I asked the already full garbage bag to be changed (it smelled), but it was never done. Clean bathroom but the door doesn't lock. It was far from terrible I'd say.