Masaya Bogota Hostel Reviews

Carrera 2 no 12 48 Candelaria, Centro Bogota, Bogota, Colombia

Some exceptional ratings here for an exceptional hostel experience in an historic building tucked away in the Candelaria quarter of Bogota. The flagstone courtyards and patios only add to the character and relaxed atmosphere of the whole hostel and the staff work very hard to ensure that you are informed, engaged and get a very real taste of genuine Colombian hospitality. Outstanding.

I've of my favourite hostels on my whole trip! Amazing location, excellent staff. Super clean, curtains on bunk beds with your own electricity sockets and light are such a luxury for backpacking! Breakfast not included but you can't have everything...

Very nice, clean, relaxed hostel in very good location. Has an excellent cafe next door.

Great location in the heart of the Old Town, pretty walkable to everything in La Candelaria. Staff is friendly, wifi is good, common areas are spacious. On the downside, there are HUGE troubles with hot water (no chance to have a hot shower in the morning). Don't have a breakfast here (8K COP), better go outside and have a better deal in one of the cafes. Generally a decent place to stay.

Thanks for sharing your Masaya Experience. We are sorry for the hot water problem. We fixe the hproblem and is now able to provide hot water to all our guests needing 24 hours. We are a bit surprised about your comment about the breakfast : every day, we serve a very complete breakfast. We have a lot of good reviews about it. Come back in a Masaya Hostels and enjoy of 10% discount on your next stay.

I love that each bed in the dorm has a curtain, reading light, and outlet. I also like that there is a locker in the room as well as a drawer under the bunkbed resulting in plenty of storage. I just wish the communal showers had hooks to hang towels and clothing.

Definitely the best hostel we stayed in in Colombia. Awesome facilities, the beds are amazing, really helpful and friendly staff, in a really good area/location too. Only bad thing- on hostelworld and our booking confirmation it says breakfast included with all private rooms, turns out it's only included with some (not all) private rooms, so that's misleading.. Other than that, highly recommended

Great hostel. Could have had more bathrooms for the dorms but apart from that it was perfect. As we were getting in out 6:30 am taxi the receptionist said we hadn't paid for our breakfasts, bleary eyed and confused as when we had paid our night the day before they said we would pay for our breakfasts then I argued and didn't pay, thrown off by them splitting the deposit between two of us rather than just me. Realised later what had happened and now feel bad. Sorry night receptionist!

Greetings from Bogotá thank you for your review. We're very glad to read that you had a nice stay. Don't worry for the breakfast story ;) We forgive you! We look forward to welcoming you back soon (get 10% off on your 2nd stay in a Masaya hostel).

As Colombians say, this place has the three Bs, bueno, bonito and barato (good, beautiful and cheap). Very comfortable and pretty space, friendly people, clean bathrooms, perfect location, generous breakfast. An excellent price-quality relation!

Thanks for sharing your Masaya Experience ! We’re happy to know that you enjoyed the commodities of our Hostel of Bogotá. Come back, we'll give you 10% off !

Beautiful hostel located in La Candelaria district of Bogota. The facilities were excellent and very well maintained and the staff made good recommendations for stuff to do and places to eat. I would say however, that it was a little too quiet for me, but that's just my preference.

Thank you for your nice review, we're very pleased to hear that you appreciated the Masaya facilities! We would be very happy to welcome you again and get 10% off on your 2nd stay in a Masaya hostel.

It's a lovey hostel with great facilities. The private ensuite room is great value for money. However it is very cold with no heating. Also the shared bathroom is nice and clean but it has little protection from the cold outdoors.

Thanks Jessica for your review. We're happy to read that you had a great stay in Masaya. Sorry if you were cold. Come back and get 10% off on your 2nd stay in a Masaya hostel. Continue your Masaya Experience following on our Fan pages: Masaya Hostels.

I enjoyed my stay at Masaya Hostel. It is a very clean hostel and all dorm beds come with a curtain and own sockets. It is very well located in la candaleria close to many good food places. The hostel puts a lot of effort to create social events in the hostel and staff are always helpful. My only dislike was there seemed to be a lot of mother and toddlers there during my stay which changed the dynamics and atmosphere of the hostel a little but overall it was good

Thanks for your review, it's a pleasure to see that you enjoyed the Masaya facilities. As you noticed, Masaya is a new Hostel concept : we offer the best comfort with a nice atmosphere, offering cultural activity every day. We usually don't have mothers and children in our hostel; but we welcome everyone in Masaya. We invite you to discover our Hostel in Santa Marta, we'll offer a 10% discount on your next stay !

Pros-Great showers, nice modern dedor , good wifi where available, beds are comfy & we really liked the curtains that go round each bed! Cons-wifi only in the 2 of the common areas & not in the bedrooms or the common area closest to our room. Asked the grumpy young guy at the reception about the coffee tour & to book it for us but he said he didnt know how too...

Thanks for your review, it is a pleasure to know that you appreciated the beauty of our Hostel of Bogotá and its comfortable beds. I have to confess that we are a bit surprised about your comment about our staff, I've communicated your comment to the manager to keep improving our service ! Come back, we'll give you 10% off !

Now that's what I call a good hostel! Super helpful staff, clean roosm, comfy beds, nice breakfast, beautiful common area and so close to main attractions! There could have been more showers and there are only two toilets for all men staying in shared rooms. If I have to recommend a hostel in Bogotá to anybody in the future I will definitely promote the Masaya!

Thank you for your nice review, we're very pleased to hear that you appreciated the Masaya concept ! We would be very happy to welcome you again and get 10% off on your 2nd stay in a Masaya hostel.

Great place! Very nice staff, clean and nice rooms!

Thanks for your nice comment. We look forward to welcoming you again (you get 10% off on your 2nd stay in a Masaya hostel).

Lovely place to stay in a great location. Very clean. Great breakfast, open fire, comfy beds and friendly staff. Especially the lovely lady on reception! Will be staying here again!

Greetings from Bogotá thank you Hannah for your great review. It is a pleasure to read that you had a nice stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon (you'll get 10% off on your 2nd stay in a Masaya hostel).

Nice hostel, the private room was huge with a giant bed and tv. Wi-fi not available in the room though, only in common areas - should really fix this. Nice courtyards to chill out at, a bar, cheap laundry. Colombian staff at reception really helpful.

Thanks Tom for sharing your Masaya Experience ! We’re happy to know that you enjoyed the commodities of our Hostel of Bogotá, we were a bit surprised about your Wifi comment because we have 5 routers throughout the entire hostel and it works in the rooms. Come back, we'll give you 10% off !

I stayed one week at the Masaya Hostel in Bogota. Met lots of great people through all ages, mostly longterm travelers. The Hostel has a nice design and a friendly staff. I really enjoyed my stay and would definitely come back here.

Hola, Thanks for your great review. We’re very glad to hear that you LOVED your Masaya Experience. We look forward to welcoming you back soon (get 10% off on your 2nd stay in a Masaya hostel).

A lovely hostel, clean, modern with comfy beds. Nice bar and staff are friendly and helpful. Definitely one of the best hostels I have stayed in!

Hola, thanks for sharing your Masaya Experience ! We’re happy to know that you enjoyed your stay thanks to Masaya commodities and our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back soon (get 10% off on your 2nd stay in a Masaya hostel).

Awesome chill place. Tons of eats and drink places close by. Close to tours and museums. Stayed here for a few days and could have stayed much longer!

Thanks for your recommandation ! We’re happy to know that you enjoyed the commodities of our Hostel of Bogotá. Come back, we'll give you 10% off !

Fantastic experience. Great location and facility. Incredible showers. It would be great to have light sensors for the courtyard during the night. And internet wasnt working very well. I would highly recomend the hostel to any friend!!

Hola, Thanks for your great review. We’re very glad to hear that you appreciated the Masaya Experience. If you want to visit us again in Bogotá or discover Santa Marta, you can get 10% off on your 2nd stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4