Masaya Bogota Hostel Reviews

Carrera 2 no 12 48 Candelaria, Centro Bogota, Bogota, Colombia

Great staff. Great laundry. No complaints. Very friendly and helpful

• 16th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

I don't have much experience at staying in hostels, but many other guests were saying it was the best place they have ever been so far, so.. :-)

• 12th Aug 2014

I had a great stay at this hostel. friendly and helpful staff, clean sleeping area and adorable cafe.

A very cosy hostel. Comfortable, warm beds with privacy curtains. The location is great - very close to a lot of the main sites in La Candalaria and some really lovely restaurants and cafés. Security were very efficient but also very friendly and made sure to let you know of the dangers of the city

We booked a room fro 1 night with hostel world, we paid the reservation and we supposed to get to the hotel at 5pm to check in . when we were on our way the hotel called us to tell us that it was overbooked that they couldn't do much besides looking next hostel and see if they have something ...they found a room for us but it was double the amount . They said it was Hostel world's fault .... anyhow we were without accommodation because of a simply messed up from HW . .. not too happy about it

• 4th Aug 2014
  • Colombia

Good hostel, nice place BUT We stayed in mixed dorm near my bed it stunk! It wasn't a fellow traveller....it smelt like someone had been sick and it had soaked into the wood on the floor....Blurgh!!! Cold showers also.....all the time! If you don't get that room and that bed, it's a pretty good place!

Location in La Candelaria is excellent if you want to visit downtown. I slept three nights in a dorm. Positive points: Price and location are excellent in Bogotá; nice and comfortable patios; security at night. Negative points: lockers are TOO small in dorms and there was only a socket in a four-people dorm! Showers are small too and there is no place for hanging your stuff (there’s a hook indeed, but inside and everything gets wet when taking a shower). Wi-fi not available in most of the areas.

Great location. Candalaria is cool and not dodgy at all as some people have mentioned. Showers in private rooms are cold so you may need to use the main showers which are fine. Good brekkie with nice eggs and juices and fruit

NHot water in the showers ran out after a few minutes and wifi was also unreliable.

Very unique Hostel in La Candelaria. Good lobby bar, lounge and outdoor patio. The staff is not very hospitable or polite and seem to do alot of overbooking, or will cancel a reservation or move you from bed to bed to accomodate others. The outdoor bathrooms and showers for the upstairs dorms are a challenge and hassale especially since Bogota is always cold. Overall good facilities in a good location but managed with negligence.

Nice hostel, good areas for meeting people. Breakfast that came with the private room was very nice and staff were all pretty good. Good area in Candelaria with very good buzz in and out security. The female bathrooms were under renovation while we were there which was disappointing - only 2 toilets and 4 showers for all. Also the noise from the upstairs rooms floorboards was quite loud. All in all a good hostel, maybe just bring earplugs....

Great place to stay. Helpful people doing their best to make everything easy. Very clean and confortable place.

Overall, I didn't have any problems with the actual hostel, but despite numerous attempts to get solid information, the staff gave me the wrong bus information for my next town. (They should have told me the information was not reliable.) I ended up at the bus station at 7 am to find out the bus had already left and the next one was at 6 pm overnight. The staff apologized and refunded me half my stay, which still didn't cover the cost, hassle and time they cost me. Do not recommend.

Good morning, We take very seriously your opinion into consideration. We are sorry for this mistake of the reception during your stay! It will not happen again. We try to find the best solution because we can’t leave a customer unsatisfied, it's for this that we proposed to you 50% of discount! We are sorry for the inconvenience that as caused during your stay; this helps us improving the service we offer daily. Best regards,

This is the cleanest hostel i've ever stayed! The room for 3 people was nice and bigc comfy beds.

Excellent location. Paid for a hostel bed with a curtain but mine was broken off. 2 of the 3 wifi networks don't work and the other barely works. Breakfast, although extra cost, is without doubt the best breakfast I have had in a hostel. Showers are also the best I had in 8 months of South America. No one is allowed in public areas after 10pm which kills the atmosphere - needs a proper bar area. They currently expanding so expect construction noise during the day.

WiFi very intermittent, problems with connection. Very frustrating.

Nice hostel, centrally located.

Really nice place to stay in Bogota but there were some issues with the wifi and the water while we were there. The rooms were big and comfortable but a bit noisy. Staff were friendly and helpful and can arange some good tours.

Very nice hostel. The staff is very helpful and willing to answer questions. My only minor annoyance was my dorm room was under creaky stairs. My room was very nice with the privacy curtains.

Good morning, Thank you for you return; it's nice satisfaction for us that you appreciated our hostel!! we hope that you liked the city and your stay in Colombia!!! See you soon for ever more culture with Masaya!!!

Nice old building. Completely renovated. Best room incl bathroom so far (rain shower!). Not really party hostel. Breakfast very good. Nice staff

Good morning, Thank you very much to share your masaya experience!!! We are satisfied that you enjoyed the local experience of our hostel!! You can follow us on facebook (masaya hostel bogota) and discover "la buena onda" of our hostel masaya Santa Marta!!