Masaya Bogota Hostel Reviews

Carrera 2 no 12 48 Candelaria, Centro Bogota, Bogota, Colombia

NHot water in the showers ran out after a few minutes and wifi was also unreliable.

Very unique Hostel in La Candelaria. Good lobby bar, lounge and outdoor patio. The staff is not very hospitable or polite and seem to do alot of overbooking, or will cancel a reservation or move you from bed to bed to accomodate others. The outdoor bathrooms and showers for the upstairs dorms are a challenge and hassale especially since Bogota is always cold. Overall good facilities in a good location but managed with negligence.

Nice hostel, good areas for meeting people. Breakfast that came with the private room was very nice and staff were all pretty good. Good area in Candelaria with very good buzz in and out security. The female bathrooms were under renovation while we were there which was disappointing - only 2 toilets and 4 showers for all. Also the noise from the upstairs rooms floorboards was quite loud. All in all a good hostel, maybe just bring earplugs....

Great place to stay. Helpful people doing their best to make everything easy. Very clean and confortable place.

Overall, I didn't have any problems with the actual hostel, but despite numerous attempts to get solid information, the staff gave me the wrong bus information for my next town. (They should have told me the information was not reliable.) I ended up at the bus station at 7 am to find out the bus had already left and the next one was at 6 pm overnight. The staff apologized and refunded me half my stay, which still didn't cover the cost, hassle and time they cost me. Do not recommend.

Good morning, We take very seriously your opinion into consideration. We are sorry for this mistake of the reception during your stay! It will not happen again. We try to find the best solution because we can’t leave a customer unsatisfied, it's for this that we proposed to you 50% of discount! We are sorry for the inconvenience that as caused during your stay; this helps us improving the service we offer daily. Best regards,

This is the cleanest hostel i've ever stayed! The room for 3 people was nice and bigc comfy beds.

Excellent location. Paid for a hostel bed with a curtain but mine was broken off. 2 of the 3 wifi networks don't work and the other barely works. Breakfast, although extra cost, is without doubt the best breakfast I have had in a hostel. Showers are also the best I had in 8 months of South America. No one is allowed in public areas after 10pm which kills the atmosphere - needs a proper bar area. They currently expanding so expect construction noise during the day.

WiFi very intermittent, problems with connection. Very frustrating.

Nice hostel, centrally located.

Really nice place to stay in Bogota but there were some issues with the wifi and the water while we were there. The rooms were big and comfortable but a bit noisy. Staff were friendly and helpful and can arange some good tours.

Very nice hostel. The staff is very helpful and willing to answer questions. My only minor annoyance was my dorm room was under creaky stairs. My room was very nice with the privacy curtains.

Good morning, Thank you for you return; it's nice satisfaction for us that you appreciated our hostel!! we hope that you liked the city and your stay in Colombia!!! See you soon for ever more culture with Masaya!!!

Nice old building. Completely renovated. Best room incl bathroom so far (rain shower!). Not really party hostel. Breakfast very good. Nice staff

Good morning, Thank you very much to share your masaya experience!!! We are satisfied that you enjoyed the local experience of our hostel!! You can follow us on facebook (masaya hostel bogota) and discover "la buena onda" of our hostel masaya Santa Marta!!

A very nice hostel, very clean and an awesome atmosphere about the place. Definitely recommended.

A good base for a few days in Bogota: helpful staff, comfy beds, clean and in excellent location. Would go back!

The staff is not only nice but also very helpful with all the information I needed to get around n do things on my own. The location is also perfect. I can recommend this awesome place to anyone.

The hostel is well located, the staff are helpful (especially Daniella at the front desk who is an utter delight), and the facilities are good. However, the beds have dubious rough stains on them and the atmosphere when I was there was quiet and boring. Had friends who stayed at other better hostels.

Good morning, Thank you for your opinion and your advice! We are satisfied that you appreciated the site and the professionalism of our personnel. Concerning the noise, we will change and reorganize the hostel and add new rooms!!! Best regards!

Perfect hostel! Great location, clean and spacious rooms, beds have curtains to add a little privacy, several areas to hang out and meet other travelers, but still quiet at night. Oh, and the staff was excellent. Will definitely stay there again!

I have to say there wasn't anything majorly wrong with this place but it did lack amy atmosphere. Bathrooms also bit too far away from rooms. Decent if wanting good night sleep.

Well located, clean hostel with spacious rooms and decently sized in-room lockers. Lots of sit-down areas in multiple courtyards and a good bar area too. The bar closed down very early the night we were there, though, and people weren't allowed to sit and chat in the common areas after that. Still probably the best hostel option in Candelaria.

Hello, See you soon Thank you for choosing Masaya as your accommodation during your stay in Bogota! We are very satisfied that you appreciated the location of the site in the old Candelaria area, the comfort and the different service of our hostel! We hope that you spent a pleasant moment in Bogota during your stay in Colombia!

Great friendly staff, very clean, nice hostel. Restaurant was nice and breakfast was good, but the rest of the menu was very limited. Overall we enjoyed it here.

Hello, Thank you for your comments! We are very satisfied that you appreciated the cleanliness, the personnel during your stay in Masaya Bogota. Safe trip in Colombia and see you soon in Masaya for ever more culture! You can follow us on the Facebook page Masaya Bogota You can also discover our Hostel Masaya Santa Marta!