Masaya Bogota Hostel Reviews

Carrera 2 no 12 48 Candelaria, Centro Bogota, Bogota, Colombia

Masaya hostel is truly value for your money. Located in the Candelaria area of Bogota, this place has a great location and includes wonderful amenities ( i.e. hot water and clean showers!). Highly recommend.

I've been so impressed with every aspect of my stay at Masaya. The rooms are clean and well presented and the facilities are excellent! I've been pretty demanding to say the least asking for help with all manner of things,from getting onto a guest list in a night club, endless request for directions, sorting my washing,and even help with booking flights!* Special mention goes to Christian who unwittingly became my P.A. He displayed the patience of a Saint and couldn't have been more helpful :)

• 21st Aug 2015

Excellent location. Walking distance to main attractions in La Candelaria. Located in a beautiful colonial house. One of the best bunk bed I've ever slept, with privacy curtain, individual outlet and reading light. Good showers, but only two toilets in the shared bathroom. Should have more toilets.

The hostel was clean, centrally located, and had friendly staff. The bar and multiple common areas added to the overall comfort and ambience of the place.

Thank you for your review ! Always a pleasure to see our guests satisfied with our services. Feel free to discover our second hostel in Santa Marta, you get a 10% on your second stay in one of our hostels ! Greetings from Masaya Bogotá

Absolutely superb hostel. The facilities were amazing and really good value for money. Although the breakfast isnt free, it is very good standard and decent value. Maybe a bit on the quiet side so if you are looking for an all night party then you wont find it. The staff were super friendly at it was really was looked after like a hotel. Only gutted i didnt update my booking to 6 nights as by the time i went to extend they were full. Easy to see why.

Thank you for your review ! Always a pleasure to see our guest satisfied by our services. Do not forget you get a 10% discount for a second stay in one of our hostels ! Greetings from Masaya Bogota

Very clean, lots of toilets and showers in the bathroom. At night, it was definitely cold, and the hot water in the shower was not very hot. Very helpful people at the front desk, very nicely designed space. Each bunk had an outlet, a small light, and blackout curtains.

It's a nice place, but I found the mattress unconfortable. If you stay in a dorm, you will need to pay for breakfast.

I spent my first night in Bogota, and my last night here. Fine hostel. Beds are good and great showers! Nice and warm :). Furthermore nothing special.

Thank you for your review Lisa ! Greetings from Masaya Bogota

Everything was perfect, and more than we expected. Very friendly and helpful staff, excellent breakfast and nice and clean rooms and bathrooms. Also liked the curtains by earth bed that give u more privacy. Only the matresses coul habe been better! But a hostel i would definately recommend.

Well set up and clean hostel with very helpful staff.

We would definetely recommend this hostel. The location was very central in the heart of the candelaria. We usually don't like to stay in dorms, but at Masaya they were very clean and comfortable. The only annoying thing was that there was only one big bathroom, which got pretty crowded at times.

Thank you for your review Kristin ! Greetings from Masaya Bogota

Very nice hostel. On walking distance from everything. Very clean. Great breakfast. Very friendly staff. Easy to meet people while travelling alone. The best place I have stayed!!!!

Thank you for your review! Do not forget that you get a 10% discount on your second stay in one of our hostel Greetings from Masaya Bogota

we booked room a week ahead for 2 nights and called the night before to confirm. we were told they had over booked and could offer a room with breakfast and TV for a third more. when we arrived were told that there had been a mistake and we could have a private fore twice the original price and we would have to change rooms and pay the one third more price. very nice hostel and staff but loose booking procedures lost a customer.

• 12th Jul 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Thank you for your review Lance ! We are really sorry about what happened. We had some problems with the connection with Hostelworld. We already fixed it. Greetings from Masaya Bogota

Pros: * great friendly atmosphere - most people here are either just arriving to Colombia or just leaving, so lots of time is spent giving/receiving travel tips! A great first place to arrive to. * the private basic double had an enormous, very comfortable bed *excellent security -staff on reception 24/7 *great bar/chill out areas *hot powerful showers Cons *rooms could do with a mirror *the girls' bathroom is very far away from the top rooms, and not all of them have hooks for clothes

• 11th Jul 2015

Hello, thank you for your review ! Be sure your remarks are taken into account ! Greetings from Masaya BOGOTA

Exelente lugar para quedarse. Para el que viaje con menor presupuesto lo puede encontrar caro, pero para mi presupuesta estaba bien. Los cuartos compartidos son grande. Los baños limpios! Exito!

Gracias por su comentario! No olvida que tiene 10% de descuento por una segunda estancia en unos de nuestros hosteles Saludos de Masaya BOGOTA

This place was great! Very clean and the curtains on the bunk beds were a nice touch. The location is great and so close to many of the attractions in the old town area. Lots of bars and restaurants right around the corner. I felt safe the whole time I stayed here. Hot showers and nice kitchen if you're into cooking. My only complaint was the noise esp from the couple staying in the bed right above me, but I guess you can't blame the hostel for that!

Hello, Thank you for your review ! Greetings from Masaya BOGOTA

This is by far the best hostel I have ever stayed in. It is true what they advertise, hotel service for the price of a hostel. The bed is super comfortble, after having been in multiple horrible beds, this gave my back a break! I will definitely stay here when I come back to Bogotá. I highly recommended.

Thank you for your review and your recommendation Leticia ! You get 10% discount on your second stay, feel free to comeback ! Greetings from Masaya Bogota

Only drawbacks are that breakfast is not included with dorm rooms and only one shower block with very little privacy due to it's location and open layout.

• 24th Jun 2015

Yoann and Fabiana were wonderful. We had originally reserved 2 beds in a 4-person dorm. Unfortunately, there was an error processing the request when we showed up. Yoann and Fabiana resolved the situation by giving us a beautiful, private master bedroom for the same price! Great facilities and atmosphere :) will definitely be back if traveling through Bogota again!

• 20th Jun 2015

In the heart of La Canderlaria, Masaya is a great place to come home to. It's within walking distance of all the great museums, bike tours, day tours, etc. The breakfast is pretty delicious and well priced. The bathrooms are always clean and the staff are very friendly. It's not a big party hostel but I enjoyed coming back to hang out in a mellow common area.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4