Masaya Bogota Hostel Reviews

Carrera 2 no 12 48 Candelaria, Centro Bogota, Bogota, Colombia

I spent my first night in Bogota, and my last night here. Fine hostel. Beds are good and great showers! Nice and warm :). Furthermore nothing special.

Thank you for your review Lisa ! Greetings from Masaya Bogota

Well set up and clean hostel with very helpful staff.

We would definetely recommend this hostel. The location was very central in the heart of the candelaria. We usually don't like to stay in dorms, but at Masaya they were very clean and comfortable. The only annoying thing was that there was only one big bathroom, which got pretty crowded at times.

Thank you for your review Kristin ! Greetings from Masaya Bogota

Very nice hostel. On walking distance from everything. Very clean. Great breakfast. Very friendly staff. Easy to meet people while travelling alone. The best place I have stayed!!!!

we booked room a week ahead for 2 nights and called the night before to confirm. we were told they had over booked and could offer a room with breakfast and TV for a third more. when we arrived were told that there had been a mistake and we could have a private fore twice the original price and we would have to change rooms and pay the one third more price. very nice hostel and staff but loose booking procedures lost a customer.

• 12th Jul 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Pros: * great friendly atmosphere - most people here are either just arriving to Colombia or just leaving, so lots of time is spent giving/receiving travel tips! A great first place to arrive to. * the private basic double had an enormous, very comfortable bed *excellent security -staff on reception 24/7 *great bar/chill out areas *hot powerful showers Cons *rooms could do with a mirror *the girls' bathroom is very far away from the top rooms, and not all of them have hooks for clothes

• 11th Jul 2015

Exelente lugar para quedarse. Para el que viaje con menor presupuesto lo puede encontrar caro, pero para mi presupuesta estaba bien. Los cuartos compartidos son grande. Los baños limpios! Exito!

This place was great! Very clean and the curtains on the bunk beds were a nice touch. The location is great and so close to many of the attractions in the old town area. Lots of bars and restaurants right around the corner. I felt safe the whole time I stayed here. Hot showers and nice kitchen if you're into cooking. My only complaint was the noise esp from the couple staying in the bed right above me, but I guess you can't blame the hostel for that!

This is by far the best hostel I have ever stayed in. It is true what they advertise, hotel service for the price of a hostel. The bed is super comfortble, after having been in multiple horrible beds, this gave my back a break! I will definitely stay here when I come back to Bogotá. I highly recommended.

Thank you for your review and your recommendation Leticia ! You get 10% discount on your second stay, feel free to comeback ! Greetings from Masaya Bogota

Only drawbacks are that breakfast is not included with dorm rooms and only one shower block with very little privacy due to it's location and open layout.

• 24th Jun 2015

Yoann and Fabiana were wonderful. We had originally reserved 2 beds in a 4-person dorm. Unfortunately, there was an error processing the request when we showed up. Yoann and Fabiana resolved the situation by giving us a beautiful, private master bedroom for the same price! Great facilities and atmosphere :) will definitely be back if traveling through Bogota again!

• 20th Jun 2015

In the heart of La Canderlaria, Masaya is a great place to come home to. It's within walking distance of all the great museums, bike tours, day tours, etc. The breakfast is pretty delicious and well priced. The bathrooms are always clean and the staff are very friendly. It's not a big party hostel but I enjoyed coming back to hang out in a mellow common area.

Great location whit good facilities!!

Perfect hostel. So clean, social, great location.

• 14th Jun 2015

Thanks you !

Beautiful hostel. The private room I had was more like a hotel room than a hostel. Staff were very nice too and the breakfast and showers were good.

Thanks a lot. Don't hesitate to come back, you can get 10% off on your stay in you book on our site your nights in Santa Marta or Bogota.

Really nice hostel, super clean and great showers. Really faster internet too.

Thanks a lot for your comment. We appreciate we notice our efforts about hot water and wifi, it can be normal of course but not so easy in Bogota. Thanks.

Facilities and beds are great in this hostel, however there is a big issue with hot water in the mornings!

Thank you for your comment.

More like a hotel than a hostel. Dorm beds have a curtain which is great (but shame it doesn't block out sound of snoring), showers and kitchen are both modern and good. Staff are helpful and offer activities like salsa and cooking classes. Perfect location and good atmosphere. Would recommend

Masaya is the perfect place for laid-back, young-ish (or young at heart!) travelers. Rooms are nice, quiet with comfy beds & very clean shared bathrooms. Bar is a great place to hang out w/ a pool table, "frog", & an AMAZING bar staff (Jhon!) Masaya also offers in house cooking, salsa dancing, and Spanish classes and some off-site excursions. Crowd is 25 & up open-minded people that like to kickback over caipirínhas and pool. Lots of crazy party places 2 min walk away but chill vibe at Masaya

Thanks you !

Would rate as one of the best, if not the best hostel we have stayed in anywhere in the world. Owned by three young dynamic Frenchmen with an amazing vision. Staffed with skilled locals, they are providing a service to both travellers and the local community. Would certainly recommend to travellers of any age

• 21st May 2015