Masaya Bogota Hostel Reviews

Carrera 2 no 12 48 Candelaria, Centro Bogota, Bogota, Colombia

One of my favourite hostels so far in South America. Amazing dorms with individual curtains, lamps and plug sockets. Lots of chill out areas and a great kitchen. In a lovely area too.

Thank you for your nice review, we're very pleased to hear that you appreciated the Masaya facilities and the curtained dorm beds ! We would be very happy to welcome you in our Hostel of Santa Marta (with good curtains beds too!) and get 10% off on your 2nd stay in a Masaya hostel.

Great hostel, lovely staff and it's in a great location too. Breakfast isn't included but you can buy it there or go to any of the cafes nearby. Plenty of hot water in the showers and the bathrooms are single sex.

Thanks for sharing your Masaya Experience ! We’re happy to know that you enjoyed the commodities of our Hostel of Bogotá. Come back, we'll give you 10% off !

Great hostel with great people in an awesome location. 100% recommended.

• 18th Apr 2015
  • amunozc
  • Dominican Republic

Greetings from Bogotá thank you for your great review. It is a pleasure to read that you had a nice stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon (you'll get 10% off on your 2nd stay in a Masaya hostel). Follow us on Facebook : Masaya Hostels !

Great time at Masaya, with the best breakfast and the nicest staff :)!

Hola Arnaud, thanks for sharing your Masaya Experience ! We’re happy to see that you had a great stay in Masaya Hostel and to know that our staff were helpful. If you want to visit us again in Bogotá or discover Santa Marta, you can get 10% off on your 2nd stay. We would be very happy to welcome you again ! Follow us on Facebook : Masaya Hostels

Awesome!! Really had a great time here, the staff were really helpful and fun people to talk to. Thanks for making Bogotá as amazing as it was

Thank you for your nice review, we're glad to hear that you LOVED your Masaya Experience. Discover our Hostel of Santa Marta with also helpful staff ;) You'll get 10% off on your next stay in a Masaya Hostel.

Some exceptional ratings here for an exceptional hostel experience in an historic building tucked away in the Candelaria quarter of Bogota. The flagstone courtyards and patios only add to the character and relaxed atmosphere of the whole hostel and the staff work very hard to ensure that you are informed, engaged and get a very real taste of genuine Colombian hospitality. Outstanding.

Thanks Martin for your nice review ! It's a pleasure to heard that you loved the Masaya Concept and its staff. I hope you'll visit us in Santa Marta and get 10% off on your stay ! Follow us on Facebook : Masaya Hostels.

I've of my favourite hostels on my whole trip! Amazing location, excellent staff. Super clean, curtains on bunk beds with your own electricity sockets and light are such a luxury for backpacking! Breakfast not included but you can't have everything...

Thanks for sharing a second time your Masaya Experience ! We're glad to know that you were convinced by the Masaya concept. Come back, we'll give you 10% off ! Continue the Masaya Experience following us on Facebook : Masaya Hostels.

The 6 bed dorm was kind of cramped, but it worked out fine. There are plenty of common areas and the kitchen was great. Breakfast isn't included but you can buy it there. The bathrooms were kind of far from the rooms, but the hot showers were awesome. Super great location too - close to lots of things in La Candelaria.

Good fun hostel

Very nice, clean, relaxed hostel in very good location. Has an excellent cafe next door.

Thanks for your great review ! We’re happy to know that you enjoyed the commodities of our Hostel of Bogotá. Come back, we'll give you 10% off ! Follow us on Facebook : Masaya Hostels.

Great location in the heart of the Old Town, pretty walkable to everything in La Candelaria. Staff is friendly, wifi is good, common areas are spacious. On the downside, there are HUGE troubles with hot water (no chance to have a hot shower in the morning). Don't have a breakfast here (8K COP), better go outside and have a better deal in one of the cafes. Generally a decent place to stay.

Thanks for sharing your Masaya Experience. We are sorry for the hot water problem. We fixe the hproblem and is now able to provide hot water to all our guests needing 24 hours. We are a bit surprised about your comment about the breakfast : every day, we serve a very complete breakfast. We have a lot of good reviews about it. Come back in a Masaya Hostels and enjoy of 10% discount on your next stay.

I love that each bed in the dorm has a curtain, reading light, and outlet. I also like that there is a locker in the room as well as a drawer under the bunkbed resulting in plenty of storage. I just wish the communal showers had hooks to hang towels and clothing.

Definitely the best hostel we stayed in in Colombia. Awesome facilities, the beds are amazing, really helpful and friendly staff, in a really good area/location too.

Great hostel. Could have had more bathrooms for the dorms but apart from that it was perfect. As we were getting in out 6:30 am taxi the receptionist said we hadn't paid for our breakfasts, bleary eyed and confused as when we had paid our night the day before they said we would pay for our breakfasts then I argued and didn't pay, thrown off by them splitting the deposit between two of us rather than just me. Realised later what had happened and now feel bad. Sorry night receptionist!

Greetings from Bogotá thank you for your review. We're very glad to read that you had a nice stay. Don't worry for the breakfast story ;) We forgive you! We look forward to welcoming you back soon (get 10% off on your 2nd stay in a Masaya hostel).

I really liked the big spaces in the hostel. Staff was ok not rude so that was ok. A little too dark at night, they should leave something on at night at least so I can see where I go. Nice area to walk around all day in LA Candelaria but very little to do outside at night, in fact if going out at night only option is to take a taxi only if you must go out. The place was clean comfy. Thankfully they sell reasonably priced beer. :)

As Colombians say, this place has the three Bs, bueno, bonito and barato (good, beautiful and cheap). Very comfortable and pretty space, friendly people, clean bathrooms, perfect location, generous breakfast. An excellent price-quality relation!

Beautiful hostel located in La Candelaria district of Bogota. The facilities were excellent and very well maintained and the staff made good recommendations for stuff to do and places to eat. I would say however, that it was a little too quiet for me, but that's just my preference.

Thank you for your nice review, we're very pleased to hear that you appreciated the Masaya facilities! We would be very happy to welcome you again and get 10% off on your 2nd stay in a Masaya hostel.

one of the best Ive been in. the atmosphere is quite different though as I didnt had much chances of conversation.with new people

It's a lovey hostel with great facilities. The private ensuite room is great value for money. However it is very cold with no heating. Also the shared bathroom is nice and clean but it has little protection from the cold outdoors.

Thanks Jessica for your review. We're happy to read that you had a great stay in Masaya. Sorry if you were cold. Come back and get 10% off on your 2nd stay in a Masaya hostel. Continue your Masaya Experience following on our Fan pages: Masaya Hostels.

I enjoyed my stay at Masaya Hostel. It is a very clean hostel and all dorm beds come with a curtain and own sockets. It is very well located in la candaleria close to many good food places. The hostel puts a lot of effort to create social events in the hostel and staff are always helpful. My only dislike was there seemed to be a lot of mother and toddlers there during my stay which changed the dynamics and atmosphere of the hostel a little but overall it was good

Thanks for your review, it's a pleasure to see that you enjoyed the Masaya facilities. As you noticed, Masaya is a new Hostel concept : we offer the best comfort with a nice atmosphere, offering cultural activity every day. We usually don't have mothers and children in our hostel; but we welcome everyone in Masaya. We invite you to discover our Hostel in Santa Marta, we'll offer a 10% discount on your next stay !