Masaya Bogota Hostel Reviews

Carrera 2 no 12 48 Candelaria, Centro Bogota, Bogota, Colombia

Beautiful hostel with modern design. Really liked the well-equipped kitchen and curtained dorm beds with your own light and outlet. The hostel's wifi is very poor quality and never worked for me (same issues at their locale in Santa Marta) but luckily there were other open unaffiliated networks I could join. Go on the street art tour!!

Thank you for your nice review, we're very pleased to hear that you appreciated the Masaya facilities and the curtained dorm beds ! We would be very happy to welcome you again and get 10% off on your 2nd stay in a Masaya hostel.

Perfect stay. On the web site says private rooms include breakfast but this is not true for all room types which is something you should be aware of while booking.

Thanks for your thoughts on your stay, we`re glad to hear that you appreciated you stay in Masaya hostel Bogotá. The budget room does not include the breakfast (I checked it's on our website). If you want to come back in Bogotá or discover our Hostel in Santa Marta, get 10% off in your second stay !

Thank you Masaya Bogota Hostel! My stay over there was perfect. Good staff, always listening customers. The location was as well perfect. Everything is clean, and I was feeling good in my bedroom I will recommend this hostel to my relatives for sure!

• 19th Jan 2015

Thanks a lot for your very great review ! We're SO happy to read that you had a AMAZING stay in Masaya. We particularly appreciate the fact that the staff met your expectations. We would be happy to welcome you again and get 10% off on your stay.

Very nice hostal. Good location. Close to everything you need or wanna visit. Only 1 suggestion for approvement: install some clothes hooks in the showers because there's no way you can keep your stuff dry within the shower cabin.

Greetings from Bogotá thank you very much for your great review. It is a pleasure for me and my team to read that you had a nice stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon (get 10% off on your 2nd stay in a Masaya hostel).

Stayed in a private room, which was more than spacious. The facilities, beds, etc. are great and new. The staff is nice and helpful. During my time at the hostel, there hadn't been many people around in the evening, which was kind of pitty. But all in all a good hostel, though it seems to be a calmer one.

The room was nice, clean, bathroom was good, staff were all lovely. Really good location

• 17th Jan 2015
  • Argentina

Thanks you very much for your nice review. We’re glad to hear that you had a great stay in our Hostel of Bogotá. If you want to visit us again in Bogotá or discover Santa Marta, you can get 10% off on your 2nd stay in a Masaya hostel.

Excellent hostel, very well located and very friendly staff.

• 17th Jan 2015
  • Argentina

Thanks a lot for you great review about Masaya Hostel Bogota. It is SO nice to see that you enjoyed the location and to know that our staff was friendly! And if you want to visit Santa Marta: get 10% off on your stay in Masaya Hostel Santa Marta !

We enjoyed the overall atmosphere because all of the common areas made it easy to interact with other travelers. The staff weren't particularly friendly, but weren't terrible either. The dorm rooms were a bit small, but were comfortable otherwise.

Staff were great and the location, in my opinion, was very good. Close to food and many great city attractions

• 15th Jan 2015
  • Switzerland

Thanks for your great review ! We're happy to see that you were able to enjoy your stay in Masaya Hostel Bogotá. Come back, we'll give you a 10% discount !

A beautiful, large hostel. Breakfast you pay for but it is delicious. Recommended!

Great service and friendly staff. The best place to stay in Bogota ! Thanks to all the staff for the best work! I loved my stay here, you are amazing !

• 13th Jan 2015

Thanks for your great review, it's a real pleasure to see you enjoyed your stay, Discover our Hostel in Santa Marta and get 10% off on your stay !

This is probably one of the nicest hostels I have ever stayed at. My room was the private and it was GORGEOUS...seriously like hotel styles.

Good Morning, It is a pleasure for me and my team to read that you had an amazing stay, enjoying the Masaya Experience. We look forward to welcoming you back soon (get 10% off on your 2nd stay in a Masaya hostel).

They have wonderful staff and great housekeeping. Opportunities to use the kitchen are helpful too since sometimes its better to make your own dinner. Breakfast was super good and my private room was very comfy. I highly recommend for its locale, staff and services

• 10th Jan 2015
  • Belgium

Thanks for sharing your Masaya Experience ! It was a pleasure to have you as a guest and we are very pleased that you have enjoyed your stay in our Hostel of Bogotá. If you want to visit us again in Bogotá or discover Santa Marta, you can get 10% off on your 2nd stay in a Masaya hostel.

The Staff were not helpfull at giving information about the city and diferent tours. However this was the only issue we had. Parts of the hostel are outdoors wich it's not ideal as Bogota can get very cold, however the dorms were nice and warm. Confortable beds, clean bathrooms and a nice optional breakfast. Also the location was perfect.

Thanks for your thoughts on your stay, it's a pleasure to see you enjoyed our Hostel of Bogotá. I've communicated your comment about the staff to improve our service. I hope you'll visit us in Santa Marta and get 10% off on your stay !

The location was great and the staff were super helpful. The atmosphere was really laid back and friendly, lots of open space to hang out. Very clean facilities. Location was great - easy to get to most of the museums and restaurants.

Thanks very much for your review, it is a pleasure for me to know that you enjoyed the Masaya Experience and the help of our staff! The team of Masaya Santa Marta would be happy to welcome you and offer you 10% off on your next stay (2nd stay in a Masaya hostel).

Loved the place, the city and especially the staff and I will see you next time!

• 9th Jan 2015

Hi, Thanks for your great review, we’re glad to hear that you appreciated the beauty of our Hostel of Bogotá and its staff. Did you know that if you want to visit us again in Bogotá or discover Santa Marta, you can get 10% off on your 2nd stay ? Follow us on Facebook : Masaya Hostels or Masaya Hostel Bogotá to know more about Masaya Hostels !

Hotel is well located in the old center, close to Montserate. Real backpackers place but with good comfortable rooms. Breakfast was very good and staff was very helpful. Definitely a great choice

• Chile

Hola, Thanks for your great review. We’re very glad to hear that you appreciated the Masaya Experience. If you want to visit us again in Bogotá or discover Santa Marta, you can get 10% off on your 2nd stay.

Location in old district, yet close to center -quiet street and property -pleasant atmosphere -discount from previous stay -excellent breakfast included !

• Chile

Good Morning, thanks for your nice comment. We look forward to welcoming you back soon (get 10% off on your 2nd stay in a Masaya hostel).

Personally speaking, Masaya is one of the best hostels in Cadelaria neighborhood. The restrooms are always clean, there are many utensils in the kitchen if you wanna cook something and its decoration is simply amazing. In addition, the hostel sometimes provides live music and Salsa classes. I definitely loved my stay at Masaya hostel. It was amazing!

• 7th Jan 2015

Good morning Gilles, Thank you for your thoughts on your stay, we're very pleased to hear that you loved the Masaya Experience enjoying the culturul activities and the commodity of our Hostel of Bogotá. If you want to visit us again in Bogotá or discover Santa Marta you can get 10% off on your 2nd stay (2nd stay in a Masaya hostel). We hope you enjoyed your stay in Bogotá and in Colombia. Follow us on Facebook : Masaya Hostels or Masaya Hostel Bogotá ! Thanks again !

Masaya is nice place to stay. The very helpful staff and friendly environment make it different from others Hostels in Bogota. Great Experience !

• 7th Jan 2015

Dear, Thanks for sharing your Masaya Experience ! It was a pleasure to have you as a guest and we are very pleased that you have enjoyed your stay in our Hostel of Bogotá. If you want to visit us again in Bogotá Santa Marta or discover Santa Marta, you can get 10% off on your 2nd stay in a Masaya hostel. The entire team looks forward to welcoming you back again! Follow us on Facebook : Masaya Hostels or Masaya Hostel Bogotá !