McLays Guest House Reviews

264-276, Renfrew Street, Glasgow, Scotland

I have never met a receptionist as rude in my life,she snatched from me and tutted a few times.the hotel and her reminded me a lot of villa bella from only fools and horses jolly boys outing

• 1st Feb 2016

Stayed here one night and it was pretty good. Got a single room for a great price which was very spacious and included an ensuite. They have breakfast included for free and you can get cereal, toast etc. as well as a fully cooked meal which is a good deal. They let me store my baggage the next day after I had checked out which was very helpful.

Just a 15-20 min walk to George Square with lots of pubs and restaurants along the way. Staff were very friendly and everything was neat and clean. AMAZING full Scottish breakfast in the morning!!!!! Perfect before a day of exploring! I would definitely stay again!

Served breakfast (traditional full English, or vegetarian) in a decent amount. It's the best part of the staying, and a great value of money. Also there's a TV in our private room :)

I got the single bedroom with shared bathroom for a night, thought it was a great deal considering the prices in Glasgow. Old building but newly renovated reception area. Lacked atmosphere at the reception but it hardly matters. Room was excellent. Bed was really comfortable. There was a basin in the room. TV and coffee and tea making facilities. I would stay here again if I have to, but I would take the room with ensuite as it was only slightly more expensive.

Plumbing issues. Toilet didn't Work but fixed promptly. Noisey heating pipes that come alive in the middle of the night. No big deal great central location close to most things

Good location. Nice clean guest house.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Great location. Very good value. Next time I'm in Glasgow I plan on staying at McLays!

• 12th Oct 2015

i was delighted with everything, i have already booked for next year.

Both showers on the floor haven't worked apropriate. One was just hot, the other either rather cold or also too hot (plus it was full filthy stuff in the evening - what is not the mistake by the Hotel, but frequent controls could help).

The hot breakfast was really good location was pretty solid

View all Glasgow Bed and Breakfasts