McLays Guest House Reviews

264-276, Renfrew Street, Glasgow, Scotland

Was a bit more expensive than I was looking for, but it was game day in Glasgow with a few concerts as well, so it was last resort!! Despite that it was very cosy, great to have a private room, great wifi and walking distance from the station.A hot breakfast was delicious in the morning as well!

Room was too cold and there was no hot water. However, they did give us an extra heater (that was also heating almost nothing) and extra quilts. Still we slept with jeans, jacket and socks on. Wi-fi is only in the reception. I used it for five minutes to update my maps and it stopped working after 5 minutes. The breakfast is very good and tasty although there's too much smoke in the dining room. The location is very good.

Very good location, about 5 min walking to de railway station and to the bus station (bus to Cairngorm Mountain). The room is ok. Noise passes very easily through walls though. I went to snowboarding and I just wanted a place to sleep and overrall I think it was a good choice.

1 2 Next » last »