Metro Hotel Reviews

7 Craven Road, Paddington, London, England

Got to the metro hotel , paid then was told l was being taken to anther hotel (tonys house hotel norfork square) when i said no im booked in at fthe metro l was told it was full and tonys house hotel was better , glad i didnt stay at the metro then cos tonys house hotel was a dissgrece ,dirty , damp stains on walls , curtains filthy , tv did not work properly , warning avoid like the plague

• 7th Apr 2014

Sorry cannot recommend it - the price seems to be great and wasn't expecting the Ritz but was so dissapointed really wanted to move somewhere else but had already paid.........

• 25th Oct 2013

The location is good and so close to tube . However , the room is at the top floor. It's hard for an old people to climb on. There's no lift. The water from the shower flows a little when you take a bath at night and the systems of hot and cold water is the worst.

• 14th Sep 2013
  • Thailand

The metro was great, but Hostelworld itself has overcharged me and I need to speak with you about it so we can get it resolved to the satisfaction of us both!

• 5th Sep 2013

Despite booking confirmation from Hostelworld, no room was available. Luckily they found me a room in a nearby hotel. Metro Hotel seems to have BIG PROBLEMS with handling reservations and its booking system. Very unprofessional and unserious front office staff.

• 24th Jun 2013

The hotel forced me to go to another hotel, which was worth than the metro! Rubbish

• 12th Jun 2013
  • China

Staff extremely helpful, room was small but adequate, room was not cleaned on a daily basis, breakfast was served in the bedroom, the door of the room was hard to unlock especially after a night out! Overall a good place to stay

• 23rd May 2013

Good value for money, couldn't have expected anything more for the price. The door locks seemed a bit flimsy, but I didn't have any problems. Excellent location, next to a lot of good value restaurants and great transport links.

The shares bathrooms had a really strong paint smell and was locked around 10 pm at night. I found a man sleeping in the bathroom in the middle of the night.he claimed to have been locked out of the room but it looked like rlhe had snuck in. Security is loose and unsafe

Because some overbooking issues we have been move to the near by "Tony's House hotel", hotel of the same company. The staff has been always nice and helpful. The room was very small, we could just fit in it with our bags, and the cleanliness not spotless BUT for that price in that area you could not complain at all. They also server a very big and abundant breakfast. For young and not fussy travellers i think this place for stay in London is absolutely okay.

The room was very small. It was really difficult to put my suitcases in the room. I could not take a shower at first night, because the water did not come from the shower head. The room was facing the road and the station, I could not sleep all night. I could hear all the noise outside as well as the noise next door. But the guys working there helped me with my suitcases, which was good for me.

• 25th Jan 2013
  • Turkey

As they cleaned the bathroom every two days (not daily), I had to clean the bath tub myself before my use. The shower facility was out of order and never got fixed during my four nights of stay. Besides, I doubt if they ever changed the quilt after each guest checked out. It was cold in London, about 3°C at night. I turned on the heater in my room but it never worked. I had to sleep with all my possible clothing and got covered by my down jacket to keep myself warm.

• 25th Oct 2012
  • Taiwan

Bathroom is cleaned daily, the central heating system is fully functional across the whole hotel. If the guest really had these issues it is suprising why they didnt feel the need to notify hotel staff. We would have rectified the situation to the best of our capabilities.

It was your average hotel/hostel. Very high prices for what it was, but that's normal for London I suppose. 2 complaints: when we first arrived and rang the bell, NO ONE ANSWERED. It was the middle of the day, well within normal business hours, and we stood outside ringing and ringing, finally someone walked up from outside. Huh? Also, when asked what time we'd like breakfast, we said 8. It FINALLY came at 9:15. Why ask us what time we want it, if you intend to bring it whenever YOU want? Lame.

The room was fine, but a bit small for 3 beds. And the breakfast was not really good, only made of packed things... Otherwise the personnel was quite friendly and helpful.

• 28th Aug 2012

Hostel is just next to Paddington station which is great. Room was nice and pretty clean. There is everything you need (hairdryer, iron, towels, tea and coffee making facilities) and breakfast is very huge. Staff was helpful and friendly. I think that next information can be important for some people: there is no lift in this hostel.

Metro Hotel could be what you are looking for - if you are looking for something just across from Paddington station where you can lay down before making a connection. However, if you are looking for anything more, look elsewhere. For this price, you could find a safer and cleaner alternative. While the counter staff were very helpful, everything else about the hotel left much to be desired. The room felt dirty and the washroom was upstairs but there was no blind, so it did not feel secure.

Really pleased with our stay. Great value for money with decent facilities. Breakfast service saved us hassle.

• 10th Jul 2012

The location of the hotel is excellent and also the staff. The breakfast was very rich, I was satisfied with the service.

• 4th Jul 2012
  • Hungary

When I read the reviews before booking the hotel I thought some of them were too bad to be true. Unfortunately I was to experience on my own skin (literally) one of its worst problems: BEDBUGS. After being bitten by them I developed an allergic reaction, I came out in blistery sores all over including my eyelids, have never had anything like this before and am still struggling 4 days after departure.

• 3rd Jul 2012
  • Romania
  • Couple, 41+

This guest stayed for 6 nights, it is extremely unlikely that they wouldn't notice being bitten whilst they were staying at the hotel. nevertheless we will investigate

wow, whenever someone used the shower, the staff cleaned the bathroom. Excellent Service!!!

• 30th Jun 2012