Mexico City Hostel Reviews

Brasil No. 8, Col. Centro, Mexico City, Mexico

Good location but no atmosphere, staff not very knowledgable, not very social. The TV and computer rooms need to be revamped to encourage socialising (colour, music, reading material, lounges), at the moment, people sit there in silence. Showers/toilets are a little inconvenient, and the light goes out if you're the only one in there (it's on a sensor), basic breakfast.

A really comfortable and spacious hostel with large, open common areas and hallways - in a beautifully restored historic building in the city center, close to everything (including metro stations). Balconies look down to the street below, which is lively during the day and quiet at night. There isn't much of a party vibe, but for me on this trip that suited me fine as i was looking to chill out and rest. The only real issue is that some of the rooms get noise from the hallways, but that's it.

A lovely hostel with good Mexican breakfasts! Looks better in real life than in the pictures! The outside looks slightly unwelcoming but once you are in the doors it is wonderful! Thank you!

Overall a great hostel, nice big room with all necessary facilities. Everything clean and well kept. The only 2 things that could be improved: basins in the bathroom are super annoying, water goes off after 1sec, one cannot even wash hands normally... I understand water saving is important but then it takes 10 min to get hot water when taking a shower and tons of water really being wasted for this. Internet was quite unstable, despite many connections available it just didn't work sometimes.

It would be good to be able to make or buy tea and coffee in the hostel during the day.

Staff were exceptionally helpful- giving time for forward planning of my journey as I did not speak Spanish! I so appreciated their generous attention & local knowledge to help me!!

• 10th Jul 2015

A really clean and lovely hostel but little common space for people to meet and hang out... A tad lonley for the solo traveler, but a great find for those with friends.

Hostel was super clean and close to everything you need in the Center of town. Staff were always really helpful and gave us handy maps to help us navigate our way around. The only downsides were that the male and female showers/toilets are on different levels so it can be quiet far away from your room. Also breakfast isn't till 8am so if you want to try and make it to teotihuacan early you will have to forgo it. Other than that we enjoyed the hostel and would definitely recommend it.

Not only is the hostel well situated, but it is also has comfortable accommodations, and serves a hearty breakfast. It is an all around great place to stay.

I really enjoyed my stay! The hostel is located right by the zocalo, which makes getting around really easy. The staff are really friendly. There's security out front and always someone on the front desk, so as a young female travelling alone, I felt very safe. I was there in the rainy season, so there weren't many people around, but the few that were staying there were all fantastic to hang out with for a few days.

• 2nd Jul 2015

This is a really cool hostel in a great location, The staff was helpful and friendly. During my visit I guess the hostel was going through a quiet period, I only met one person during my stay, Very clean hostel and I would stay here again, Hopefully next time there will be more backpackers here

Thanks for being hospitable to me and my friend during our stay. I think the location and security was the best part of this hostel. The staff was very helpful and kind throughout our visit. The only complaint that I'd have is the smoking section of the hostel. The smoke floated up to the top floor and made the female dorm stink of cigarette smoke. Also, we had one night where there were guests up after midnight and making noise all night, which made it difficult to sleep.

The location of the Hostel was good. A nice place to stay. some cool people at the place. Can be improved by arranging events for people.

Mucho gusto en conocerlos y gracias por todo! Fue un viaje muy especial y mucho mas tranquilo por estarmos en el Mexico City Hostel. Dejo un abrazo especial a Cesar, que nos recebió cuando llegamos y siempre nos contestaba a todo con una sonrisa. =)

• 4th Jun 2015

Poor intermittent wifi, especially upstairs. No both sex toilets on each level.

I enjoyed my stay and will definitely go back. I enjoyed the continental breakfast every morning and the ever smiling faces of the cooks. Thank you and see you guys again.

• 29th May 2015
  • Cameroon

Nice hotel, good breakfast and easy to meet other travellers :)

Everything is absolutely fantastic except that the rooms get pretty hot at night and the shower water pressure was low and it meant that showers took a little longer; literally only two complaints because it was good.

Great location, very clean and pleasant atmosphere. I stayed in #11 which was not social at all, but #8 seemed more so from the looks of it. I stayed in the #11 for a week. The female staff member was not friendly !! but the male staff member was very friendly, hence the "average" rating. I enjoyed my stay; it was calm and cozy.

• 27th May 2015

I stay here almost twice a year, love it.

« first « Prev 1 2 3