Mexico City Hostel Reviews

Brasil No. 8, Col. Centro, Mexico City, Mexico

Nice cosy place & staff, very clean room & bathroom, varied breakfast, hot water day & night. I have tried several hostels in Mexico City over the past 6 years and this one is definitly the best.

Pro: Luxery breakfast with scramble egg, juice, coffe, yorkgurt etc. wifi works everywhere ! Cheap laundry service. (55peso per 4 kilo) Dis: buck beds level are too low, you can't sit on the bed. We are staying in 4 bed dorm which is there a window with the light pass through in so you can't sleep very well.

The Best Hostel so far!

Not a lot of hostel atmosphere, but maybe this is because we booked a double room. The other rooms are in another building across the street. Very clean and very secure. Some staff were friendly but the guy when we checked in pretended to not under stand what we were saying. Another guest showed us where ur room was.

It is the second time I stay in the hostel. In all those year nothing has changed (except they have two hostels now) I recommend this hostel to everyone

Only stayed overnight, so I didn't use/see all the facilities. Perfect location, only few meters from the Zócalo, Mexico's main plaza in the historic center. Staff was really friendly, facilities (locker, showers) good, only point to criticize would be the noisy beds.

Great breakfast, helpful staff- helped me out when I fell ill.

• 3rd Dec 2014

I was very pleased with the operation of this hostel and its central location.

In a beautiful historic building, spacious and with comfortable common areas - in a perfectly central location. The breakfast is also very good. I guess the only thing lacking is that despite there being a nice lounge area with beanbags, there is a lack of a social atmosphere - maybe there should be music or a bar or something..? It could still close at midnight in line with the current 'quiet time' rules (which are reasonable).

fabulous hostel in converted traditional house with loads of features. Rooms are great, staff fantastic and the situation couldn't be better, right next to Zocalo. The breakfast is included and it is pretty good, they could upgrade the coffee perhaps. The rooms and the whole hostel generally are squeaky clean, the lounge and relax areas good. Great hostel!

Large hostel built around a courtyard (so lots of echoing sounds). Right in the center of things so on weekends can get pretty loud. Close proximity to sights and restaurants, but I think it's nicer to stay in Roma where there is more of a neighborhood character.

The other comments are right about the atmosphere. You have to make a big effort to hang out in the computer room area and start talking to people if you want to make friends. There are no free city tours or bar in this hostel, so that might be a reason why it doesn't feel very solo-traveler-friendly. However, for the clean/plentiful facilities, helpful staff, and strong wifi, I would recommend this place.

Very well located (less than 5 minutes walking to Zocalo and metro station). Good staff, very clean, good breakfest. No negative points.

• 28th Nov 2014

Only stayed for one night, however was in a great location right on Zocolo square. Staff were very freindly and thier English was fantastic!!! Atmosphere was ok, cant comment really being there for one night! Only issue was I thought rooms were slightly overpriced and drinks very expensive!

Location and cleanliness is amazing. Two minor issues were there is no atmosphere in the common room, and there is only one good receptionist who was helpful (the main guy that was there during most days) the others were not helpful at all. Location is great for sites, but far from the nightlife, which is why more of an atmosphere at the hostel would be great!

Shower does not have warm water. Everything else top.

• 24th Nov 2014
  • Austria

地點十分好,方便、安全!清潔! 職員helpful!

Rm 24 stinks literally. The guy at the desk provides zero info. Basics like breakfast and time you must ask, No explanations about no bathroom on 3rd floor or where is the electronic button to unlick front door. Often not at the desk. When asked upon arrival "how much is a taxi to the airport?" I was told 130 pesos. Same question next morning it was 200 pesos. I got my own taxi for 80 pesos.

Great hotel! My husband and I stayed in a double room with bathroom so I can't speak to the dorms, but it was great for our 5 nights in Mexico City. Our room was very clean and the staff was helpful. Wifi was usually pretty fast. The breakfast was enough to fill up my husband, which is no easy feat. Good location, just a block from the ZocaIo. We walked everywhere. It was good value for the money. I would definitely stay here again.

• 22nd Nov 2014

Amazing place close to main attraction and a ride away from museums. Staff very helpful. Very clean rooms and great vibe.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5