Mexico City Hostel Reviews

Brasil No. 8, Col. Centro, Mexico City, Mexico

Very loud hostel(mostly because of the building) but it didn't help that they checked in a VERY LOUD family at 130AM!! The front desk person moved me into a single room(on her own initiative,not much quieter) and told me I would not be charged but the manager in the morning insisted on extra payment for the room,doubling my fee!! NOT TOO IMPRESSED! I moved across the street to their other hostel/suites and I found it quieter and the Management was better.

Good for first or last night in city centre. Not safe to walk at night - only taxi. Not gay freindly

An excellent hostel close to several plaza's in the center. The place was clean, safe and the staff was helpful. I would stay again when I return to Mexico City.

Wifi is weak

The hostel is really qell located, the building is amazinh and its very clean! Recommend it 100%

• 8th Nov 2015

We arrived in the afternoon for checkin, the guy in the reception was the worst staff possible. First, he didn't know how to handle our credit cards, so the machine denied the operation twice. We needed to pay with credit cards so we had to insist for him to try again in a different way, it finally worked but he gave us the coldest welcome possible, totally unnecessary. The receptionists of morning and night are really cool. We had a room in the back, no internet sign there so very annoying.

The hostel itself was adequate. I had a private room with a double bed that was a good size but the bed was very uncomfortable. It was quiet at night so no issues there. There is no elevator so carrying luggage can be a real pain (Mexico City is also at altitude too.) The staff seemed to have no local knowledge whatsoever and were simply there to take your money at check in and process orders for excursions the hostel offered.

This hostel is located just off the main plaza, is in a lovely old building and feels safe. There is locker space in the dorm rooms for securing valuables. The common room is not so appealing (unused for the most part) and most breakfast tables are small, so there isn't much opportunity for single travellers to get to know other guests except in the dorm rooms. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Booked at this hostel, but upon arrival the guy at reception looked at me like I had two heads. Eventually I was sent across the road to their other property, so this review is for there...The good: close to Zocalo, breakfast, common area. The bad: no wifi in rooms, no atmosphere whatsoever - I was here during Dia de los Muertos but no effort at all was made to celebrate it, all they had to do was provide a little bit of B&W face paint or something...More hotel than hostel

Only downside was the breakfast which at times was barely appetizing. Simple and quality is the way to go.

Í has a Good time in this hostel. Ended up staying a little longer and its location is the best.

the lower deck of the double deck bed is a bit lower. which is easily hit your head.

If you like the affordability of a hostel and the comfort of a hotel - this is definitely the place to stay in DF. The beds are super comfortable, the bathrooms are just like a hotels and the location could hardly be better. My only complaint is that breakfast could be better (i.e. more balanced and authentically Mexican). FYI while this is a great place to stay to relax of travel with friends, it's not the kind of hostel where you are likely to make new friends as most people keep to themselves

I paid for 5 nights up front. The staff said they couldn't refund me when I said I wanted to leave early. I had to do quite a bit of faffing to find someone to take my bed for the last 2 nights. Eventually it was all sorted, but when I came to leave for the airport, one of the staff stopped me, and said I had only paid for a reservation... Bit of a non-sense.

Nice clean hostel, huge! Didn't expect it to be that big.. Breakfast included which is great and at a reasonable price. Also in a great location!

Staff great & helpful hostel kept very clean can be a bit noisy until after midnight would nice to Curtins on Windows to keep to keep rooms dark to sleep. Happy to return to stay if coming back

• 13th Oct 2015

I think this was a no-smoking hostel. But, since the smoking area was in the vestibule of the only entrance, there was no way to enter or leave without breathing in other people's smoke. They should move the smoking area somewhere else. Otherwise, it was neat there.

This is not a party hostel. Its a great one though. I recommend it for the ones who look for a well maintained big hostel.

We had a nice stay at your place, would be glad to see you guys again!

Decent, very clean hostel in very central location. The common areas are nice, too. The dorms are functional, but not more. The staff is helpful, but not especially friendly. The breakfast is unhealthy, small and disappointing.

« first « Prev 1 2 3