Mexico City Hostel Reviews

Brasil No. 8, Col. Centro, Mexico City, Mexico

Lights out in stairwell.

• 26th Feb 2015

Totally worthed! The staff people are really cool, the rooms are big and clean! Breakfast is fine too and the place is very well located just a block from Zócalo! Recomended!

I love the place! It's a little more expensive than the usual hostels we stayed in but it is worth it! Delicious breakfast, clean rooms and bathrooms, right by the zocalo! :-)

i think they should write on theit page that there are two buildings. if you see the fotos and are happy about the location then you could be sad if you have to go to the other building which looks pretty different. and they should definitely tell you about the roof top. you shouldnt miss it.

It was a great stay, the stuff very helpful and the building is beautiful. Thank you, I will come back some day!

Having a lower bunk would improve the rating but the beds are not secured and the upper bunk is like being at sea when the person below tosses and turns. Kitchen is not always available. Got a hotel room down the street, window, en suite, T.V, internet, towels, hot water for $30 less so hostel is way overpriced

One of the best hostels I've been.

• 7th Feb 2015
  • Mexico

It was the best hotel we stayed in Mexico. It was a private room - looked like new - enormous bathroom. Right in the city centre. There is always staff available and they are all nice and helpful. Large living room with computers, sofas and tv. Nice and clean breakfast area. Amazing shower!!!

even though it was low season, I found the hostel to be quite dull. It had great facilities and everything was clean, but there was no atmosphere at all. Everyone was fairly quiet and to themselves and there was always a group of guys hanging out in the common area which made it hard to socialise cause they were all talking their native language. I liked the facilities and the location was right, right in zocalo, but I don't think I would stay there again.

Awesome! Book room 33, it rocked!

• 3rd Feb 2015
  • Sweden

It was okay. The hostel lacks a common area. It is so big that it is hard to connect with people. It's nice enough thought if you are looking for a quiet and peaceful stay.

We arrived at the hostel late at night and were asked to go to the building opposite (they have 2). We arrived and were told that we had to stay in separate rooms. We got to the rooms and NEITHER of our beds had been made, and all the lockers and been taken up (in both rooms!). The lockers were all smashed up anyway. We demanded a change, so moved us to the first building and were told that we would receive a discount for our troubles. We never received it even though we asked. Poor hostel.

To start - this hostel takes up 2 separate buildings opposite each other - my review is in relation to number 11. The location is excellent, very close to the zocalo, though the area feels pretty dead at night. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and the free breakfast is good. Tours can be booked at the desk for those who can't be bothered to do them independently (and much more cheaply!). Maybe it was just the time I was there, but for such a large hostel it felt pretty empty and dull.

Very impressive building and makes you feel like a hotel... Nice breakfast is included and that's very good! Helped me a taxi the airport with a good service and a fast one... The only problem is the wifi that is a bit slow and only in the main areas...

This is a great hostel, fantastic location, set in a beautiful colonial building, breakfast was excellent and staff very helpful. There is a inner patio so noise gets easily to the rooms with windows to that side, but all in all a hostel I would recomand.

• 27th Jan 2015
  • Romania

The best of the best

The location of the hostel is fantastic, the staffs was very helpful. The only downside were at night there is no noise control so its rather noisy if your a light sleeper. The railing on my bunker bed was spoilt thus climbling up to bed is a hassle. Blanket and pillow was not on the bed thus one of my bunkmates had to collect from reception.

It's like staying at a hotel! Comfortable, accommodating, clean, and includes a great breakfast. I will absolutely stay here next time I'm in DF.

• 22nd Jan 2015

It was alright, don't have any major complaints but the atmosphere could be better. They didn't tell us there was a rooftop, and it would be great it if it had a bar and music since it is very pretty and could add to the hostel's character. The building is very beautiful and centrally located in the historical district. Not much interaction with other guests though. Not the most fun hostel in the world but fine for a two day trip to DF.

The breakfast wasn't great and there wasn't any area for meeting people. Other than that, it was well located.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7