Milhouse Avenue Reviews

Avenida de Mayo 1245, Buenos Aires, Argentina

That would be a great idea to provide the customers with free lockers or charge them a small price for those.

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Russia

Hi, Many thanks for your email. We provide both! Free lockers in the room (you just need to bring your own padlock) and safety boxes that cost AR$5 pesos per day if you want to secure your valuables even further. Really sorry you didn't see them or weren't informed about that... Kind Regards, Melina

Great place to stay. Lovely Staff. Easy to get to know cool people.

• 20th Jul 2015

Stayed here for an initial 5 nights and ended up staying 7. Really nice big open spaces, plenty of room to chill out and nice pool table to enjoy. Really good breakfast and scrambled eggs 3 days a week which is a massive plus when travelling. Really secure with doorman on door 24-7. Good place to meet people and really big party atmosphere but if tired can go to bed without being disturbed. Hostel bar was very expensive and happy hour only on night of party-3 of 7 nights!!Would stay here again.

Rating Milhouse Avenue is hard... This hostel is an awesome place to party, in the heart of Buenos Aires, with excellent prices and a good vibe. However, the place is a mess. The matresses are dirty, the toilets are disgusting, the service is not so good. There's only one key per room, so I found myself locked out of my own room many times, even having to get down to the lobby wearing only a towel to search for the person who had the key. If you don't care about comfort, I recommend!

Really helpful staff who gave us so much information! The walking tour with Camilla was really good, a must do! Good atmosphere of you like to party! Large lockers for each bed, beds not the comfiest but not too bad! Overall definitely would recommend!

Loved it!

Hostel is exactly what it says in the description. Good for partying and lots on offer in regards to walking tours etc. Weird system having only one key for the room and having to leave it at the front desk but nothing more than slightly irritating

The hostel is great in general. I just have a complaint in terms of exchanging money. Sadly, I had a problem with my credit card and I had to give them the money in dollars. But for exchange, they just offered me 9 pesos for each dollar (bellow even of official exchange rates) - that drove me really upset.

It's very expensive but it's a great place to stay to meet people. They have nice hostel activities which I really enjoyed even though again they are also expensive. Very clean and very comfortable!

I really liked the staff - for the most part, they were all Argentinian with great knowledge of the area, English capabilities, and generally really nice. The security was a complete joke and did not speak English. I was unimpressed when particular facilities were closed at a certain time (pool table? access to the internet?). It was a shame that some of the nights the hostel turns into a rave/club and parties until 2 am, and when you want to shoot a quiet game of pool at 11 pm you can't.

Had the best time at Milhouse and some incredible people. All the warnings are true though, it's a party hostel! Combine that with the Buenos Aires nightlife, and you'll find yourself with some serious hangovers and spending a few hours every now and then catching up on sleep! The only downer is that they jacked up the prices for happy hour when the hostel was full.

Crazy party hostel but with so much to do and see very knowledgable staff and bilingual

Had an incredible time here. Considering it is a huge party hostel everything is run so smoothly and the staff are super friendly and helpful. Excellent sound proofing means I couldn't hear any music in my room on nights I wanted to chill. They also alternate party nights with their sister hostel so downstairs turns into a nice chillout zone every other night. Great location, nice big lockers in rooms, clean and good variety at breakfast. FYI - Avenue is twice the size of sister hostel Hipo.

A party hostel for sure! Though drinks at the bar are pretty expensive. Great place to meet people and staff are really friendly.

Expected a lot more from this hostel. Towel I paid for smelt bad. Dorm beds were noisy when you move. Bar closes early some nights and doesn't offer happy hour and you're forced to go down the road to milhouse hipo if u want to drink.

It was okay, a bit overrated. Would expect better beds and showers that dont flood the bathroom for the money. Plenty of schemes that seem designed to take your money. Overpriced bar. Good wifi and common area however and met quite a few good people here as it was verrrrry busy., also met a lot of people I didnt like! Definitely good for partying, but the cocktails are brutal and they took us to a couple of pretty awful nights amongst the good ones.

Great hostel with a great environment and atmosphere, would highly reccomend to anyone. Only negative would be that, you cannot advertise the stay for 4 nights for the price of 3 as this was very misleading.

Party party party, noise but near everything. Go for the camomile tea if you want to have a night sleep

Having a private room was fantastic for us, considering the hostel can be a little loud/social. So the retreat to our own space was wonderful. We had clean towels everyday and our beds remade. The breakfast was the best we had on our trip, the eggs 3 days of week really making the difference.

Mental hostel with everything you could need. Staff are pretty nice. Central location but a 15/20 min taxi to Palermo which is where the nightlife is which can add up ($70 each way)

« first « Prev 1 2 3