Milhouse Avenue Reviews

Avenida de Mayo 1245, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Real party hostel. Most of the staff were extremely helpful.

My boyfriend

A good hostel but not what I expected- the party nights were more like tacky school discos. It didn't have the atmosphere if hoped for but the staff were good and the facilities were ok.

I can see why Millhouse gets so many rave reviews--it's a total blast. It's like having a social organizer planning your days and evenings, from language learning to bike tours, and happy hours to nights out at Buenos Aires' best clubs. You can't go wrong, you'll meet tons of great people and have a total blast. I'm sure I'll be back.

• 12th Mar 2015

This is a great hostel if you like loud music and parties. After touring around for 5 days I would have chosen to stay in Palermo. It had a lot of cute shops and restaurants and isn't as dirty as downtown.

This is a party hostel. If you're a lone traveller you'll have a great time but you'll need to make a bit of effort as it doesn't have a great sense of community given it's size..

Great rooms and facilities with an added sense of feeling ripped off at every corner. Staying in Milhouse makes you feel like a walking wallet but happy for them to take your money. Perfect location, friendly staff and pretty lame parties. I am annoyed I enjoyed it as much as I did and need to cleanse myself of such sin. Has the atmosphere of a mega club set in a small town.

Stayed at the Milhouse hostel for 4 nights and had an absolutely brilliant time! Brilliant for meeting people and going out, has such a good atmosphere. The hostel makes all trips easy to arrange and staff are very helpful. Only down side is it is not that clean but the social aspects definitely make up for it. If you're looking for a social party hostel this is the best to go to

Good hostel in a great location. Fun to have joint events with the other Milhouse hostel but it wasn't as crazy a party hostel as everyone said it was. Staff were really helpful and friendly too.

Really cool building and great setup. Some of the staff are pretty rude and not particularly happy to help (for e.g. asked if they could print us some tickets and was told printer was broken.. asked if we could try anyway and printer worked - was then told off for printing too many pages? Other times staff rolled eyes when we asked questions or for directions...some other staff were great though. had an ok time here but probably wouldn't recommend this hostel.

We had a 4 person private dorm. Everything was clean and well looked after. Staff were very helpful. Everything in this hostel has an extra price, We found paying 20pesos per person for air conditioning from 11pm to 11am ridiculously crazy. Seemed more like a hotel then a hostel.

The best hostel I have stayed in. The atmosphere was great and we met loads of great people, and the parties are fun. It is kept so clean, with rooms cleaned everyday. The staff are really helpful and the tours are easy ways to send around Beunos Aires. I would definitely go back.

Awesome hostel that lives up to its reputation. We stayed for a week there and had so much fun. We were a big group of 7 but it's very easy to meet people there. The room had AirCon problems but we switched rooms for free so if you have problems do complain and make sure you get your money's worth. The cocktails are amazing and very strong for £50 and the roof terrace was so nice to chill in. Really cool to have Milhouse Hipo too!! Really recommend this place

Super Hostel - but sometimes very noisy at night (returning Party people, extremely noisy AC)

Stayed here 3 nights. Rooms were clean. Dorms better than expected with one bathroom per 6 bed dorm. Private rooms were of a great standard, more like a hotel. Good facilities and great location. Breakfast great variety with scrambled eggs some mornings. Negatives were: a few staff were very unfriendly, not helpful, ie refused to give directions to a nearby place, or provide a map. Storeroom to store luggage wasn't locked at any time. Bar closed at 9pm on a sat night with no reason given.

Fun party hostel with the chance to meet loads of new and fun people. Good location in the middle of the city, the travel desk is not so great though and the breakfast is ok. Beds are average but the caged lockers is not so good when someone throws up.. choose a locker far from your bed. (Just a recommendation)

As aways, Milhouse is the place I feel most happy in the world. That's why I aways come back!

• 13th Feb 2015

O melhor de todos.

It has Air Con. But you have to pay extra. And it's per person per room/ per night. That's not cheap. And poorly advertised.

If you want to meet other travellers as a solo traveller this place is quite hard as it's too big. Not as easy as smaller hostel where it's more communal. Felt like you were in a big club the whole time. Bit lacking in charm. The lockers are also cages so you can see what's in them which I didn't love. Not my favourite but fine.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5