Milhouse Avenue Reviews

Avenida de Mayo 1245, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Great hostel with a great environment and atmosphere, would highly reccomend to anyone. Only negative would be that, you cannot advertise the stay for 4 nights for the price of 3 as this was very misleading.

Having a private room was fantastic for us, considering the hostel can be a little loud/social. So the retreat to our own space was wonderful. We had clean towels everyday and our beds remade. The breakfast was the best we had on our trip, the eggs 3 days of week really making the difference.

Mental hostel with everything you could need. Staff are pretty nice. Central location but a 15/20 min taxi to Palermo which is where the nightlife is which can add up ($70 each way)

It's a really big hostel so feels more like a hotel. Maybe not the best if you're travelling on your own as the common area is so big that there tends to be lots of groups rather than everyone talking to everyone. Saying that it is a really nice hostel with big, clean rooms, a good kitchen, bar area and restaurant. They offer good tours too. Location is decent. No wifi in the dorm rooms though. If you want to party in BA this is probably the place to go. If you don't, maybe not the place.

Awesome party hostel!!!

To summarise in a word.. amazing! The staff were amazing and were really willing to go over the top to help you feel at home, offer advice and help where needed, the place was amazing (really cool facilities and quick wifi) and the food was amazing (fantastic place to get a burger especially when you’re nursing a hangover). Thanks guys I’m really glad that I choose to stay here!! Martin

Awesome place but does have some glaring problems: WiFi doesn't reach your form, big negative there. The rooms are nice but lacking amenities: no wall plug ins by beds and only having one electrical plug in is terrible for 8 people to share. Definitely needs to fix that. I was happy with my experience overall, good people all around.

Staff were super helpful and ready to help with anything. Easy to meet people if youre on your own. Especially after a few happy hour drinks!

This is a great hostel for meeting people. The hostel organises nights out every night and there is a before party every night at either Avenue or Hipo. I went to Hipo and I definitely prefer Avenue. The common areas are much bigger at Avenue. The rooms are big and clean and lockers are provided. The staff are very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was nice. The wifi was ok and the location was amazing. I really enjoyed the Completo Tango night. I actually can't find fault with the hostel.

Huge hostel with good facicilities in central location. Dorms towards the main street can be really noisy. If you're around 20 and you're looking for a true party hostel this is your place.

What a crazy party hostel. If you came to party then you have to stay at Milhouse. Organized parties every single night and then tickets for a club from the hostel. Facilities are top notch. Pretty excellent breakfast. Avenue was a little big for me. It felt like I was at a huge frat house the whole time. Most people were either drunk or hungover. I stayed for 6 nights and got a little tired of it all after a while. But an excellent place for 2 or 3 nights.

A huge party hostel, breakfast is average, go here to meet people and party.

Real party hostel. Most of the staff were extremely helpful.

Awesome location. Great staff. All the connections to the various tours across the city and a great nightlife atmosphere!

the craziest week of out lives

My boyfriend

A good hostel but not what I expected- the party nights were more like tacky school discos. It didn't have the atmosphere if hoped for but the staff were good and the facilities were ok.

I can see why Millhouse gets so many rave reviews--it's a total blast. It's like having a social organizer planning your days and evenings, from language learning to bike tours, and happy hours to nights out at Buenos Aires' best clubs. You can't go wrong, you'll meet tons of great people and have a total blast. I'm sure I'll be back.

• 12th Mar 2015

Staff were exceptional upon welcoming, however found it a little disingenuous. My bathroom was filthy upon arrival, more due to other guests, though staff werent interested. Atmosphere catered to youth, so so so many events which seemed great. No free lunches here, but a fantastic time if you can (remember it) afford it. Instead of staying on I changed hostels with two others.

Fun party hostel, can be a bit loud late at night, but this is BA after all.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4