Milhouse Avenue Reviews

Avenida de Mayo 1245, Buenos Aires, Argentina

The only place to stay in BA! Stayed in another hostel the week before and it wasn't a patch on Milhouse. Great fun, very clean and really good security. Staff are lovely. Will recommend it to everyone I know going to BA.

Overall a decent place to stay; lots of other young English-speaking travellers and a party-oriented atmosphere make this place worthwhile, however you are not allows to bring drinks in and the bar is overpriced. Breakfasts are excellent value, there are lots of activities to get amongst (albeit if you have money to burn) and the staff are really friendly, and supportive. Despite there being a blunder with moving me to a room to be with my friends, it's still an all good place to be in BA :)

I had the best time in Milhouse Ave. The events organised by the hostel are an amazing way of seeing the city and meeting people. The staff were all lovely and so helpful, they even booked my bus and accommodation in Iguazu for me. I was originally only meant to stay 3 nights but I ended up staying for 7. The only downside was my second room, which didn't have wifi or hot water. Everything else was perfect.

Attention: this is THE party hostel in the city. If you do not like party, alcohol, or douchebags, don't book here. If you want to feel as if you were in one of those american high school movies or some american pie, make sure you visit this hostel.

Good location and they have all the partying set up

An enormous busy hostel with 5 floors of rooms. The food you can buy on site is good and really cheap. The staff are friendly and helpful and there is someone available all of the time. The parties are great fun and a good way to get to know people in the hostel. There are lots of activities that can be organised through the hostel.

Huge party hostel but nothing compared to a nice small hostel with a familiar atmosphere. They charged us for booking a bus ticket for us (never had that in any other hostel before) and did not even inform us about what we had to do at the bus station - we almost missed our bus. Nevertheless, if you wanna party a looot, it's a good place to stay.

party hostel with lots of activities, decent breakfast. Rooms are cleaned every day. Wifi often doesn't work quite well and is only available in the common area, not in the rooms.

We loved this place! Stayed in a private room which was super clean and nice. Good bar, great for meeting people. Awesome staff, very friendly. Many activitied but you have to pay for all of them.. Also the Happy Hour is kind of pointless coz it's only 5 Peso cheaper than the regular price. BUT we would def. stay again!!

Great social hostel with helpful staff and perfect central location for downtown area.

Really over-rated hostel. The staff don't want to be there and couldn't be more unhelpful. They gave me the wrong meal, when I told them they responded with 'you ordered this, so this is what you're getting. The 'travel agent' doesn't have a clue, I missed a day trip to Uruguay because of her incompetence. If the party is at the other hostel, the bar shuts so you have no choice but to go....not great

• 23rd Nov 2014

Not the best party hostel, the vibe in the bar makes it more of a seedy pub than a place to meet people. Otherwise fairly clean with decent facilities in a good part of town. Most staff were good, but a few were just proper dicks. The brekky is very good, if you can get yourself out of bed for it.

if you are looking for party in ba you must defitenly come here.the facilities are the same that in a good hotel and the building is great,every night they organize party in the great ba. Any bad tips....one lift is not enough for the guests.....and they don t accept external girls :-( ...c mon you are a party hostel...you should permise that

Rooms need AC

• 17th Nov 2014
  • Mexico

Hola William! Nice to see that you've enjoyed the Hostel. It's a shame that you didn't ask us to turn on the AC as all our rooms have this extra service. Hope to see you soon and with some nice and cold air in your room :D Francisco.

Was recommended by a friend but while staying there I got bitten by fleas or bed bugs. My friend said someone else he met who stayed there who had the same problem. Also there is only one key for the entire dorm so you have to leave room unlocked until everyone is back. One of the girls locked herself in the room one day and staff just shrugged and told us to find the person who locked it - not helpful when you don't know them! We had to bang on the door until she woke. Good party nights.

This place was AMAZING! I met so many great people staying here and the activities every night were the best. The staff was so friendly and helpful and I would definetly stay here again. Made me want to move to Buenos Aires, great job guys!

• 10th Nov 2014

Good hostel but very commercial. Got the impression they wanted to make the most money from you. Our room and bathroom weren't cleaned and no wifi in the bedrooms. Good breakfast and very easy to meet people...a lot of people!

A good hostel but made us feel pretty old (most people staying here seemed to be in their late teens/early 20s). Lots of activities organised at the hostel and for you by the hostel. The breakfast is ok and the bar is slightly expensive for what it is. The beer in cans taste much better than the on tap beer (not sure why- it's the same stuff!)

Good party hostel but slightly annoying that you can't buy a Beer if the party is in hipo that night... Also not fair that if you arrive for breakfast at 10.20 you don't get any even though stated time is till 10.30.

It will be hard to leave this place and experience other hostels. Watch out for taxi drivers waiting outside hostel. They know you're a tourist and will give you fake 100 pesos notes

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4