Milhouse Avenue Reviews

Avenida de Mayo 1245, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Pretty great hostel. So damn hot though.

I think the staff do their best but the feeling is this place has lost its way a bit. It's large and impersonal, could be better organised. Considering the premium pricing, it's about time to reinvest. Doesn't seem to be a single matress in the place that isn't ripped, and for my money that is simply unhygienic. Buenos Aires is ripe for a good operator to fill the party hostel space, and i understand that they are on their way.

It is a great place to come, but there are no time to relax! Party at night, and sightseeing during the day, was more or less what we did in Buenos Aires for six days!

Great for a laugh. People that work there are nice. One room smelt bad but staff can easily get that changed.

Amazing location, has great tours. The staff are so helpful, when we couldn't find any accommodation in our next destination one of the staff members phoned hostels and friends to find us a place. Definetly recommend this hostel

• 10th Jan 2015

Great hostel! It's very, very big! Staff were really friendly and helpful! Had lots of fun doing the tours/activities they organised such as a free tango lesson and making empanadas!

This hostel has the unfortunate burden of being gigantic. I feel the staff have a tendency to not give a care because of the huge numbers of people staying there. The rooms feel like absolute saunas without air conditioning. Many options for activities.

I LOVED THIS HOSTEL! Security- they have huge locker cages that you can put suitcases or big duffels or whatever you want in- just bring your own lock. Beds are clean and comfortable. Location is good, walkable distance to Casa Rosada and San Telmo district. Every day/night there are activities planned if you want to join- walking tours during the day (Carolina, the tour guide, is very knowledgable and funny) and at night the clubs are so fun. Be aware of South American time! I want to go back.

If you want to party in Buenos Aires, that's the place you should be! I made a lot of new friends there and a group are even going to Bolivia with me tomorrow in the next days! The staff could be a little too much rude if you don't follow their rules. I had a lot of fun there.

If you want to sleep reasonably early (before 2am), stay somewhere else. Partyhostel, yep, as advertised. Still even there the "quiet hours" didn't matter much. Filthy mattresses, broken bathroom equipment. 4 Power outlets in an 8 bed dorm...seriously? Needs improvement, despite the good location and fun people I wouldn't recommend it.

We had a room without a/c and it was unbearably hot. Struggled to sleep due to the heat. Good hostel with plenty of organised activities. Easy to meet new people.

For the incredible rating I was a little disappointed. The room I had was pretty good though. For the descriptions given I was expecting a really big party atmosphere, but this 100% dependent on the guests, and not the staff, but Jamie was a champ in that regard.

Party hostel, not really suited for travellers. It doesn't have a hostel feel at all, and they'll rip you off if they have the chance. I wouldn't recommend it. If you happen to stay here and need a taxi to Aeroparque, just stop one on the street by yourself. The hostel charges 150 pesos for a ride that would normally cost max 100.

Good location, good parties, expensive bar specially for not letting you have outside alcohol. staff at the bar are not very friendly. its not a bad hostel, there are good things and bad things.

Amazing staff, amazing place. One of the best hostels I've ever been to.

Just stayed 2 nights in Milhouse. The rooms offer lockers, are big enough and clean, so nothing to complain. The hostel is located in the central, so a lot of places are in walkable distance except Palermo, where you should take the metro. Generally I felt safe. It is a big hostel though and during my stay it lacked a bit of the social atmosphere, maybe because all the parties had been in the Hipo. All in all not a bad joice, but I think more for younger travelers.

The only place to stay in BA! Stayed in another hostel the week before and it wasn't a patch on Milhouse. Great fun, very clean and really good security. Staff are lovely. Will recommend it to everyone I know going to BA.

Overall a decent place to stay; lots of other young English-speaking travellers and a party-oriented atmosphere make this place worthwhile, however you are not allows to bring drinks in and the bar is overpriced. Breakfasts are excellent value, there are lots of activities to get amongst (albeit if you have money to burn) and the staff are really friendly, and supportive. Despite there being a blunder with moving me to a room to be with my friends, it's still an all good place to be in BA :)

O Hostel é muito bom, o staff muito atencioso, tudo muito limpo e tem um bar muito legal!! Sempre que vou a Buenos Aires me hospedo no Milhouse.

I had the best time in Milhouse Ave. The events organised by the hostel are an amazing way of seeing the city and meeting people. The staff were all lovely and so helpful, they even booked my bus and accommodation in Iguazu for me. I was originally only meant to stay 3 nights but I ended up staying for 7. The only downside was my second room, which didn't have wifi or hot water. Everything else was perfect.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4