Milhouse Avenue Reviews

Avenida de Mayo 1245, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Didn't have a good atmosphere in this hostel and the mattresses were very dirty. No wifi in the rooms. The staff were friendly enough

We stayed at Millhouse Avenue for almost a week and really enjoyed this hostel. The staff are very friendly and helpfull, but sometimes they give you wrong information. Its a very big hostel, which makes it a little unpersonal, but it's definiately the place to stay in Buenos Aires! They have a lot of fun activities and great partys. We can highly recommend their spanish lessons and the "meet our meat" dinner. The drinks are very strong so enjoy the happy hour!

Good party hostel. Clean, tentative staff. Bar is a little expensive, as expected. Really good location and okay breakfast.

This is the party hostel. Get your liver ready if you're coming here. It's a fun atmosphere for young party goers. The front desk is nice too.

Milhouse is a great hostel, really sociable place so great for meeting new people. The staff are all really nice too and the activities organised through the hostel are definitely worth the money!

very good hostel. I personally liked a lot the parties and the location, close to most of the sightseens and metro

Party hostel with a lot of tour options.

Had the best time here - can't fault the hostel, thank you 😊

• 11th Aug 2015

Couldn't have asked for more. 24/7 security, 24/7 reception, it's own bar with a good selection of food. A good atmosphere and plenty of communal areas to chill, comfy beds, big rooms. Clean bathrooms, genuine staff, plenty of activities. 10/10.

That would be a great idea to provide the customers with free lockers or charge them a small price for those.

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Russia

Hi, Many thanks for your email. We provide both! Free lockers in the room (you just need to bring your own padlock) and safety boxes that cost AR$5 pesos per day if you want to secure your valuables even further. Really sorry you didn't see them or weren't informed about that... Kind Regards, Melina

Great place to stay. Lovely Staff. Easy to get to know cool people.

• 20th Jul 2015

I planned on staying 2 nights in the Milhouse but ended up spending a week there. It's an excellent hostel for solo travellers. Dorms are bright and spacious with cages for your backpack. The showers were the nicest I encountered on my trip through South America - I felt like I had my own bathroom! The hostel organises activities and tours so it's extremely easy to meet people. The breakfast is also very good with cereal, cake and fruit offered as well as the traditional fare of bread and jam.

Stayed here for an initial 5 nights and ended up staying 7. Really nice big open spaces, plenty of room to chill out and nice pool table to enjoy. Really good breakfast and scrambled eggs 3 days a week which is a massive plus when travelling. Really secure with doorman on door 24-7. Good place to meet people and really big party atmosphere but if tired can go to bed without being disturbed. Hostel bar was very expensive and happy hour only on night of party-3 of 7 nights!!Would stay here again.

Rating Milhouse Avenue is hard... This hostel is an awesome place to party, in the heart of Buenos Aires, with excellent prices and a good vibe. However, the place is a mess. The matresses are dirty, the toilets are disgusting, the service is not so good. There's only one key per room, so I found myself locked out of my own room many times, even having to get down to the lobby wearing only a towel to search for the person who had the key. If you don't care about comfort, I recommend!

Really helpful staff who gave us so much information! The walking tour with Camilla was really good, a must do! Good atmosphere of you like to party! Large lockers for each bed, beds not the comfiest but not too bad! Overall definitely would recommend!

Loved it!

Hostel is exactly what it says in the description. Good for partying and lots on offer in regards to walking tours etc. Weird system having only one key for the room and having to leave it at the front desk but nothing more than slightly irritating

The hostel is great in general. I just have a complaint in terms of exchanging money. Sadly, I had a problem with my credit card and I had to give them the money in dollars. But for exchange, they just offered me 9 pesos for each dollar (bellow even of official exchange rates) - that drove me really upset.

It's very expensive but it's a great place to stay to meet people. They have nice hostel activities which I really enjoyed even though again they are also expensive. Very clean and very comfortable!

I really liked the staff - for the most part, they were all Argentinian with great knowledge of the area, English capabilities, and generally really nice. The security was a complete joke and did not speak English. I was unimpressed when particular facilities were closed at a certain time (pool table? access to the internet?). It was a shame that some of the nights the hostel turns into a rave/club and parties until 2 am, and when you want to shoot a quiet game of pool at 11 pm you can't.

View all Buenos Aires Hostels