Milhouse Avenue Reviews

Avenida de Mayo 1245, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Cool party hostel and good location. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Young crowd, easy to meet people. Thanks Milhouse!

Second time staying here. Upgraded me for free which was awesome. Australia day was fun too

Great hostel for us which had the balance of a lively party hostel but with a quiet bedroom (we had a 4 bed private which may have helped). The room itself was really spacious and the bathroom was at the same standard as a hotel. The only minor issue is the kitchen is poorly equipped with hardly any utensils. The staff are helpful friendly and knowledgable.... the map we were given on day one was brilliant. Would definitely recommend this place.

Good hostel, food was nice and big breakfast. Rooftop is great. Felt safe, had good facilities and good location (for central and San Telmo, not for Palermo). I recommend the hostel however it is suited to the younger crowd. And is run like a business, not very homely/friendly.

booked for 3 nights - left after 2 and I'm still scratching from the bites 3 days later

• 22nd Jan 2016

I had the best time here! I met the most incredible time. It's a great place to stay if you're a solo traveller because it's really social. It is a party hostel, so if that's not what you're looking for I wouldn't stay here. The only negative for me was that the bathrooms weren't always very clean.

Have to pay for airconditioner and the rooms are unbearable hot. Other than that good, good travel advisors, OK breakfast, cool rooftop, definitely a better choice over the Hipo!

Place was a great place to meet people with great walking tours and bar. Place is kept very clean and the staff are quite helpful. Downside is that it took 2 days to do my laundry and only one key per room which life difficult if someone doesn't return the key to reception. Overall i would definitely stay here again

Had a 4 bed private dorm, excellent room and bathroom was more like a hotel suite. The hostel alternates party nights with the other hostel which is a great idea. Good activities planned for every day of the week and staff are friendly and knowledgeable. One draw back was the kitchen, it was very poorly equipped, no glasses no plates, 3 pans... We tried to cook once but didn't attempt it again. Would recommend for a party hostel though!

Staff were good but the atmosphere is terrible. Mainly large groups of friends who don't mix and can be quite rude or very anti-social. Not what I was after anyway.

I really like Milhouse. Went there 2 or 3 times. A great atmosphere always lots of people there ready to go out and have a laugh. Staff organise events every night and have lots of suggestions of what to do in the day. Kitchen a bit dirty but cook able in. Rooms fine all you need. Recommend.

HUGE party hostel. I was there for the week leading up to New Years and it was a blast. If you are trying to get a good night's sleep, this might not be the place for you, but if you are trying to party hard, definitely stay a few nights. It's in a very central location near Calle Florida, San Telmo, Puerto Madero, and in walking distance to Recoleta and La Boca.

I stayed in the private rooms and the dorms. The privates are nice, but the dorms were absolutely disgusting. The bathrooms don't look like they'd been cleaned in weeks and the beds (bunk), look like they are from a prison cell. The staff was nice/helpful, but a lot of the people who stay there are drunken slobs. Granted, I know this is a party hostel....but you can attend their nightly events even if you don't stay there...that's my recommendation - book elsewhere and then come here to party.

Party hostel all the way! Because of this during the day the atmosphere is a little non existent, but great night life if you want to meet others staying in one of the two Milhouse hostels! Enjoyable parties arranged with options to join in beer pong & great music for dancing! Rooms are a little dark & basic, but security is good with lockers available & there's security on the door downstairs. Can't fault the hostel as its a good place if that's your thing!

It is so big and there's so many people, so if you wanna live on a train station, this is the place. The staff is too busy to help you properly, they are focused on a lot of other things. But it is clean. I wouldn't stay here again.

Staff were very nice at reception. Great location. Rooms are a bit cramped and dingy. There wasn't much atmosphere when we were there so it had more of a community centre feel than a party hostel. Think you are paying for the name.

As everyone says, great place to meet people. Really friendly staff as well. Thanks guys!

Everything you need in a hostel, stay here for a good time

I stayed here for 5 nights. It's a huge hostel with a sister hostel down the street. The staff is great and very friendly. I wanted to highlight Marina. I broke a bone in my foot while I was visiting Buenos Aires and she made sure I got to the English speaking hospital. I can't thank her enough!!

Good Staff, Party Hostel, great atmosphere and excelent location. Only problem the lack of plugins on the rooms.. Above that, fantastic :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4