Milhouse Avenue Reviews

Avenida de Mayo 1245, Buenos Aires, Argentina

The hostel is great in general. I just have a complaint in terms of exchanging money. Sadly, I had a problem with my credit card and I had to give them the money in dollars. But for exchange, they just offered me 9 pesos for each dollar (bellow even of official exchange rates) - that drove me really upset.

It's very expensive but it's a great place to stay to meet people. They have nice hostel activities which I really enjoyed even though again they are also expensive. Very clean and very comfortable!

I really liked the staff - for the most part, they were all Argentinian with great knowledge of the area, English capabilities, and generally really nice. The security was a complete joke and did not speak English. I was unimpressed when particular facilities were closed at a certain time (pool table? access to the internet?). It was a shame that some of the nights the hostel turns into a rave/club and parties until 2 am, and when you want to shoot a quiet game of pool at 11 pm you can't.

Had the best time at Milhouse and some incredible people. All the warnings are true though, it's a party hostel! Combine that with the Buenos Aires nightlife, and you'll find yourself with some serious hangovers and spending a few hours every now and then catching up on sleep! The only downer is that they jacked up the prices for happy hour when the hostel was full.

Crazy party hostel but with so much to do and see very knowledgable staff and bilingual

Had an incredible time here. Considering it is a huge party hostel everything is run so smoothly and the staff are super friendly and helpful. Excellent sound proofing means I couldn't hear any music in my room on nights I wanted to chill. They also alternate party nights with their sister hostel so downstairs turns into a nice chillout zone every other night. Great location, nice big lockers in rooms, clean and good variety at breakfast. FYI - Avenue is twice the size of sister hostel Hipo.

A party hostel for sure! Though drinks at the bar are pretty expensive. Great place to meet people and staff are really friendly.

Expected a lot more from this hostel. Towel I paid for smelt bad. Dorm beds were noisy when you move. Bar closes early some nights and doesn't offer happy hour and you're forced to go down the road to milhouse hipo if u want to drink.

It was okay, a bit overrated. Would expect better beds and showers that dont flood the bathroom for the money. Plenty of schemes that seem designed to take your money. Overpriced bar. Good wifi and common area however and met quite a few good people here as it was verrrrry busy., also met a lot of people I didnt like! Definitely good for partying, but the cocktails are brutal and they took us to a couple of pretty awful nights amongst the good ones.

Great hostel with a great environment and atmosphere, would highly reccomend to anyone. Only negative would be that, you cannot advertise the stay for 4 nights for the price of 3 as this was very misleading.

Party party party, noise but near everything. Go for the camomile tea if you want to have a night sleep

Having a private room was fantastic for us, considering the hostel can be a little loud/social. So the retreat to our own space was wonderful. We had clean towels everyday and our beds remade. The breakfast was the best we had on our trip, the eggs 3 days of week really making the difference.

Mental hostel with everything you could need. Staff are pretty nice. Central location but a 15/20 min taxi to Palermo which is where the nightlife is which can add up ($70 each way)

The epitome of party hostels where most of the guests are around 21 and all the boys are desperately trying to get laid and score cocaine. However, the hostel is lovely, got a great breakfast, bar, and restaurant. The staff is awesome and puts up with far too much from the rowdy guests. Way too expensive, though. Double the price of other good hostels in BA.

It's a really big hostel so feels more like a hotel. Maybe not the best if you're travelling on your own as the common area is so big that there tends to be lots of groups rather than everyone talking to everyone. Saying that it is a really nice hostel with big, clean rooms, a good kitchen, bar area and restaurant. They offer good tours too. Location is decent. No wifi in the dorm rooms though. If you want to party in BA this is probably the place to go. If you don't, maybe not the place.

Awesome party hostel!!!

To summarise in a word.. amazing! The staff were amazing and were really willing to go over the top to help you feel at home, offer advice and help where needed, the place was amazing (really cool facilities and quick wifi) and the food was amazing (fantastic place to get a burger especially when you’re nursing a hangover). Thanks guys I’m really glad that I choose to stay here!! Martin

Awesome place but does have some glaring problems: WiFi doesn't reach your form, big negative there. The rooms are nice but lacking amenities: no wall plug ins by beds and only having one electrical plug in is terrible for 8 people to share. Definitely needs to fix that. I was happy with my experience overall, good people all around.

1 2 Next » last »