Milhouse Avenue Reviews

Avenida de Mayo 1245, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Huge hostel with good facicilities in central location. Dorms towards the main street can be really noisy. If you're around 20 and you're looking for a true party hostel this is your place.

What a crazy party hostel. If you came to party then you have to stay at Milhouse. Organized parties every single night and then tickets for a club from the hostel. Facilities are top notch. Pretty excellent breakfast. Avenue was a little big for me. It felt like I was at a huge frat house the whole time. Most people were either drunk or hungover. I stayed for 6 nights and got a little tired of it all after a while. But an excellent place for 2 or 3 nights.

A huge party hostel, breakfast is average, go here to meet people and party.

Real party hostel. Most of the staff were extremely helpful.

Awesome location. Great staff. All the connections to the various tours across the city and a great nightlife atmosphere!

the craziest week of out lives

My boyfriend

A good hostel but not what I expected- the party nights were more like tacky school discos. It didn't have the atmosphere if hoped for but the staff were good and the facilities were ok.

I can see why Millhouse gets so many rave reviews--it's a total blast. It's like having a social organizer planning your days and evenings, from language learning to bike tours, and happy hours to nights out at Buenos Aires' best clubs. You can't go wrong, you'll meet tons of great people and have a total blast. I'm sure I'll be back.

• 12th Mar 2015

Staff were exceptional upon welcoming, however found it a little disingenuous. My bathroom was filthy upon arrival, more due to other guests, though staff werent interested. Atmosphere catered to youth, so so so many events which seemed great. No free lunches here, but a fantastic time if you can (remember it) afford it. Instead of staying on I changed hostels with two others.

Fun party hostel, can be a bit loud late at night, but this is BA after all.

This is a great hostel if you like loud music and parties. After touring around for 5 days I would have chosen to stay in Palermo. It had a lot of cute shops and restaurants and isn't as dirty as downtown.

This is a party hostel. If you're a lone traveller you'll have a great time but you'll need to make a bit of effort as it doesn't have a great sense of community given it's size..

Great rooms and facilities with an added sense of feeling ripped off at every corner. Staying in Milhouse makes you feel like a walking wallet but happy for them to take your money. Perfect location, friendly staff and pretty lame parties. I am annoyed I enjoyed it as much as I did and need to cleanse myself of such sin. Has the atmosphere of a mega club set in a small town.

Stayed at the Milhouse hostel for 4 nights and had an absolutely brilliant time! Brilliant for meeting people and going out, has such a good atmosphere. The hostel makes all trips easy to arrange and staff are very helpful. Only down side is it is not that clean but the social aspects definitely make up for it. If you're looking for a social party hostel this is the best to go to

Good hostel in a great location. Fun to have joint events with the other Milhouse hostel but it wasn't as crazy a party hostel as everyone said it was. Staff were really helpful and friendly too.

Really cool building and great setup. Some of the staff are pretty rude and not particularly happy to help (for e.g. asked if they could print us some tickets and was told printer was broken.. asked if we could try anyway and printer worked - was then told off for printing too many pages? Other times staff rolled eyes when we asked questions or for directions...some other staff were great though. had an ok time here but probably wouldn't recommend this hostel.

We had a 4 person private dorm. Everything was clean and well looked after. Staff were very helpful. Everything in this hostel has an extra price, We found paying 20pesos per person for air conditioning from 11pm to 11am ridiculously crazy. Seemed more like a hotel then a hostel.

The best hostel I have stayed in. The atmosphere was great and we met loads of great people, and the parties are fun. It is kept so clean, with rooms cleaned everyday. The staff are really helpful and the tours are easy ways to send around Beunos Aires. I would definitely go back.

Best party hostel in South America didn't want to leave, was only meant to stay for 3 nights and ending up staying for 10 ! Perfect location and great hostel for meeting people !!!

View all Buenos Aires Hostels