Milhouse Avenue Reviews

Avenida de Mayo 1245, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Wifi is only available in the bar area which is noisy at all times so makes skyping etc very difficult. Would be good if it was available in the downstairs lounge. Lots of events organised so never gets boring

One of the best hostels of all time! Nah, seriously, it's a pretty decent hostel. Excellent staff who can help with any query. Location spot on. And the party's and people are awesome. Only slight negative is breakfast could be better...but in fairness I only managed to get up for it once or twice.

Good location, great parties, but the room was dirty and I had bed bugs. The bunks are soo high that I had to think 3 times before deciding to if was worth the trouble to use the bathroom. The staff at night was really amazing with us and they helped a lot. By the time we check out we missed better information about the bus to go to the airport. We know was revolution day, but I think the staff couldve been more helpful by helping us find out if the bus was really working (which wasnt, btw)

One of the best hostels I've stayed in South America. However, if you are not keen for a party hostel then this is definitely NOT for you. Milhouse is known for being one of the biggest if not the biggest party hostel in BA. Great atmosphere where they throw parties every night. You definitely meet heaps of people! Security, staff and location are incredible, as well as the rooms are really clean! Cleaners come every morning and make your bed and clean the bathroom so it's always clean!

Lunacy...cannot wait to go back again.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. I spent my first night in Argentina here, and after having 600 pesos stolen before even arriving at the hostel, the staff and the atmosphere helped calm me down and recharge for the months ahead. Great hostel!

• 21st May 2014

Good location, near metro station. Decent breakfast with cereal, toast and fruits. Organized daily activities, and an onsite travel agent makes booking for tours, travels, etc. much easier. Can get quite noisy at night with parties going on in the main lobby area.

This place was awesome! We started our South America trip here and it was amazing. Staff were awesome, people there we friendly and always willing to talk and have a good time! Just don't stay here if you don't like to party :)

There are now two Milhouse hostels, make sure you are looking for the right one. They are hard to spot as they do not have overhead horizontal signage on the street but look out for the signage on the doorways and the security camera is also a give away,

Good hostel but could be better. Good for meeting people and partying because of location, huge common area and activities. If you don't party or just not feeling it - not so good: - one common key for 8 people in the room, whcih might be annoying if someone decides to actually close the room :) - bad kitchen. There is a sight on fridge saying something in a spirit "We know our kitchen is not good, deal with it". Not sure why wouldn't they just buy more utencils - they are dirt cheap

The rooms could be more comfortable. It lacks a plug-in for recharging mobile and cameras for each bed! and the bathroom was'nt clean enough. The lockers should be more modern as the doors keys. The location is great, the schedule and programs for doing during the day and night is very good as well, the parties are excelent, and the people too.

Place and public facilities are nice but the rooms are absolute k-holes and aren't great

• 15th May 2014

Nice enough place but feels more like a hotel then a hostel. It feels quite impersonal. You can only get wifi in the common area on the main floor. It does offer the convenience of a nice bar and it's reasonably priced. Milhouse Avenue also offers lots of thing to do.

This is definitely a hostel for those looking to party. An incredible atmosphere. All the staff is very helpful and excited, fully compatible with the place where they work. Great location, great breakfast, very large areas, large VARIETY of proposed activities. Totally recommended.

This hostel was an excellent choice. The atmosphere is excellent. I had the opportunity to meet people from so many different countries. However, I didn't like the beds there. The mattress gave me backache.

Quite the party hostel!! Admin staff were very helpful, and organising events (such as a trip to the River Plate game) was easy. My only gripe was that their seemed to be some minor petty theft from the cleaning staff. In my room, I and a couple of other guests had small possessions 'go missing'. Be careful with belongings left by your bed - lock EVERYTHING in the lockers provided.

The hostel has a nice atmosphere with backpackers from everywhere and they offer a lot of good activities to explore BA, which is amazing. It is a party hostel and it's easy to end up going out each night but it doesn't affect the noise in the doorms too much. I liked it!!

• 8th May 2014
  • Denmark

Milhouse is awesome and the perfect place to party.The beds are comfy and showers are really powerful and hot.The staff are amazing.I was studying Spanish (not through the hostel), they were amazing to help practice in the day...then party at night!I am travelling alone but it didn't feel like it as you meet so many fun people of all ages. There's so many things they organise, so get involved.Awesome place...but not if you want to sleep. FYI: Hipo is more for 18yr olds, Avenue for everyone else!

Do you want the best atmosphere in Buenos Aires? If you do, this is the place. You will party constantly, meet lots of people (I mean LOTS), and do different plans the whole day. Security and cleanliness are an issue when you have so many people in a hostel and most of them are having booze. Staff could also be friendlier sometimes, but they are constantly helping guests.

The ambiance of the hostel was too good, staffs were very friendly. Need to improve the skills of the guides for the city tour. Expected more information from them.

View all Buenos Aires Hostels