Milhouse Avenue Reviews

Avenida de Mayo 1245, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Amazing location, has great tours. The staff are so helpful, when we couldn't find any accommodation in our next destination one of the staff members phoned hostels and friends to find us a place. Definetly recommend this hostel

• 10th Jan 2015

epic atmosphere which is no doubt one of the best party hostels in south america. i was very impressed by the organised nights out as unlike some hostels in peru or bolivia, milhouse took us to clubs full of locals. only downsides were the overpriced drinks at the bar and the lack of air-conditioning mean your dripping with sweat 90% of the day.

Great hostel! It's very, very big! Staff were really friendly and helpful! Had lots of fun doing the tours/activities they organised such as a free tango lesson and making empanadas!

This hostel has the unfortunate burden of being gigantic. I feel the staff have a tendency to not give a care because of the huge numbers of people staying there. The rooms feel like absolute saunas without air conditioning. Many options for activities.

I LOVED THIS HOSTEL! Security- they have huge locker cages that you can put suitcases or big duffels or whatever you want in- just bring your own lock. Beds are clean and comfortable. Location is good, walkable distance to Casa Rosada and San Telmo district. Every day/night there are activities planned if you want to join- walking tours during the day (Carolina, the tour guide, is very knowledgable and funny) and at night the clubs are so fun. Be aware of South American time! I want to go back.

If you want to party in Buenos Aires, that's the place you should be! I made a lot of new friends there and a group are even going to Bolivia with me tomorrow in the next days! The staff could be a little too much rude if you don't follow their rules. I had a lot of fun there.

If you want to sleep reasonably early (before 2am), stay somewhere else. Partyhostel, yep, as advertised. Still even there the "quiet hours" didn't matter much. Filthy mattresses, broken bathroom equipment. 4 Power outlets in an 8 bed dorm...seriously? Needs improvement, despite the good location and fun people I wouldn't recommend it.

1 2 3 4 Next » last »