Ming Han Tang International Youth Hostel Reviews

Guangji RD, Xiatang 61, Suzhou, China

Two problems worth seeing to: a) the card-key to our room was not working and we were given a key; b) the bathroom was dirty and the shower water did not go down the drain but stayed on the bathroom floor.

Staff does not speak much English and is not very helpful. My locker in the room was broken but luckily I could take someone else's. Bathrooms are airplane style with integrated showers: bring plastic bags to cover your stuff. The surrounding area is great, especially in the evening and really close to metro/1 stop from train station. I met great people here which made up for most of the not so nice things. If you decide to sit out front: bring a lot of bug repellent!

Did not enjoy my staff. AC so loud I woke up once every hour, and too hot to not have it on. Room looked very run down and dirty. Showers and toilets are in the same tiny cubicle. No atmosphere to speak of. Paid the same amount of money in other hostels and got a lot more decent standards for it. Decent location and wifi though.

Great location close to the canal. The house we stayed in (one out of many available) had a tradition Chinese inside court-yard with a small garden. Very peaceful. The room was a triple and adequate.

The beds were hard, the sheets had holes in it. The shower/toilet were old and dirty. The location is perfect, very close to metro station and kanal/old street. The staff spoke good english and were friendly. Nice Café.

Nice people, good location and confortable room and facilities