7.0
Very Good 380 Total Reviews
7.0
Very Good 380 Total Reviews
Ming Han Tang International Youth Hostel Located at Guangji RD, Xiatang 61, , Suzhou.
China
Suzhou Jiangsu 215008 Guangji RD, Xiatang 61
70% 380
31.3176660 120.6004480
    Rooms available

• Germany, Male, 18-24
5th Aug 2016
7.7

Dont pet the dogs! There are a couple of mixed golden retrivers that live in the hostel, they hang around in the lobby and bar. One of them bit me quite bad the night we where there. The owner of the hostel and the dogs tooke me to the hospital and paid for everything. Just saying, watch out.

31st Jul 2016

Very good locations. They have three sizeable dogs and some small cats , very good companies. They have a reading room. Green plants everywhere. Nice staff members !

• England, Male, 18-24
25th Jul 2016
5.1

Firstly, I walked into the place, and despite the fact I always much prefer a hostel to have dogs, this place absolutely stank of animals. I think they let them sleep on the cafe sofas at night so when I went to eat, I couldn't even sit in there for long enough because of the smell, thats coming from someone who has big dogs. Beds were crazy hard, even for China. Massive lump across the floor in the room which people kept tripping on at night. Location was amazing however

• Namibia, Male, 18-24
1st May 2016
7.1

If you're okay with an average standard, this place fine. Good location, fun atmosphere. 1 English speaker- the rest is easy enough to communicate with, friendly too. 4 Cleanish bathrooms-showers and toilets; packed into one cubicle. Air con, but you have to keep it at 26°C- not nice in the summer. Mattress is okay and bedding is so-so. Room with 2 bunk-beds has lockers, but bring your own lock. Our card key didn't work, but we could lock and unlock with a standard key. But safe enough.

• Malaysia, Male, 25-30
1st May 2016
5.1

Room stank and wasn't properly cleaned. That 3 bed room was just like a store room where loads of bikes were parked outside. Public bathrooms were not clean and the hair dryer wasn't working. Staffs were busy playing computer games when I asked to rent a towel and towels weren't available to my surprise. The other 2 staffs were not too bad. The place's atmosphere was actually not bad but it was just nt managed the right way. It was hard for me to accept that I was indeed linked to 'yha&#

• Poland, Female, 25-30
30th Apr 2016
8.0

Staff needs to be better trained and learn some basics in foreign languages. (Manager and the girl were professional and attentive, but two other young boys - I cannot explain why are they in this job, as they definitely didn't know what they were doing). But I didn't expect much: generally China has very poor customer service standards.

23rd Apr 2016
4.6

The location is great, but that was about all this hostel has going for it. We found out after we returned from being out all day that our door was unlocked because the automatic card swipe just stopped working. The staff wasn't friendly or helpful, and there was no information for tourist sites. The sheets were way too small for the bed so I found myself sleeping on the bare mattress in the night. Woken up very early in the morning by other loud guests smoking in the hostel outside of our door.

• England, Female, 18-24
17th Apr 2016
8.0

Ideal location, 2 minutes walk from Shatang Street. Lovely little garden to sit and eat and have a drink outside. Very nice and clean and nice hot showers. However the bed wasn't very comfortable, felt like sleeping on a brick.