Ming Han Tang International Youth Hostel Reviews

Guangji RD, Xiatang 61, Suzhou, China

The hostel is located right next to one of the canals and is only a short bus ride from a couple of the main gardens. The Wifi did not work when I was there and the schedule for breakfast was not followed. The only secure place to keep valuables was the desk which did have a camera on it, but many of the storage bins in the rooms were missing latches.

Two problems worth seeing to: a) the card-key to our room was not working and we were given a key; b) the bathroom was dirty and the shower water did not go down the drain but stayed on the bathroom floor.

Staff does not speak much English and is not very helpful. My locker in the room was broken but luckily I could take someone else's. Bathrooms are airplane style with integrated showers: bring plastic bags to cover your stuff. The surrounding area is great, especially in the evening and really close to metro/1 stop from train station. I met great people here which made up for most of the not so nice things. If you decide to sit out front: bring a lot of bug repellent!