Ming Palace International Hostel Reviews

10-3 Dong Hua Rd, XiuFeng District, Guilin, Guilin, China

The best hostel with convenience location. Much appreciated with their hygiene and cleanness of the room & ensuite! Wonderful view from my standard room! Keep it up! Look forward to my 2nd visit very soon!

• 16th Oct 2014
  • Djibouti

Perhaps one of my best hostel experience. The combination of both great room setup and personal service helped me feel home right away. The bedding, just simply amazing, more comfortable than I can possibly imagine (I want to bring them home!). Good location and easy snacking on local food. Will come back and definitely will recommend to everyone.

• 14th Oct 2014
  • Democratic Rep. of Congo

Very nice hostel with very nice staff!

We had made a booking by Hostelworld and shortly they contacted us to tell that the real price was higher because the national chinese holiday, so finally the room was more expensive that we expected first. Anyway, I understand that is a very complicated season in China. Room (superior double bed) was awesome, extremly clean, modern and very spacious, as well as the bathroom. Very nice and helpful staff, they booked for us in advance the rice terraces tour, otherwise we probably couldn't do it.

We loved Ming Palace! The only issue we had was we originally booked a dorm room on HostelWorld, but the hostel called us shortly after to say they did not actually have any dorm room spaces available. Although we ended up staying in a considerably more expensive single room with a double bed, it was a beautiful, clean, comfortable room. The food at the restaurant is delicious and cheap, and staff was very helpful with booking us tours.

Clean, comfortable and central location. Reception staff were brilliant. Recommended for everyone.

Hi Bruce, happy you have good time here and hope you have a great time in Yangshuo. You are always welcome here.

Our stay was very nice. We enjoyed the trip to the rice terracces and also the nice and confortable rooms. Your staff was very friendly and helpful with all our questions. Thank you for all!

Hi Jasmin, I know you guys are going to enjoy the rice terraces field, that's my favor place too. Your happy stay is our goal, so you make us happy with your happy.

Hello my friends at Ming Palace. I can't tell you how much my daughter and me enjoyed our stay. We really appreciated your flexibility and patience in helping us deal with late money exchange issues and our running off for a wonderful day's tour of the Dragon Ridgeback Rice Mountains. The accommodations were wonderful as well as your hospitality...easily helping with our unexpected additional nights stay.Thank you again, your quaint and comfortable hostile gets high recommendations from us.

• 9th Sep 2014

Hi dear Brenda, We are so so glad that you guys have a happy time in our hostel. You guys are nice so you are all welcome. We are hoping you guys can come stay with us again. Miss you guys.

Very friendly and helpful staff. The rooms are spaceous with clean and modern bathrooms! The lounge at the entrance is also very convienent and you can also get delicious western breakfasts (toast, muesli, etc.). All in all the hostel has a nice atmosphere, is totally recommendable and worth in money. I´d definetely stay there again ;)

Great hostel. Very comfortable with helpful staff. Location is good, a short walk from a lot of sightseeing spots.

You choise the right hostel that we are located in the centre of the city. Happy to hear you have a good time here.

Helpful and kindly staff, recommended it !

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Argentina

In general it's a great hostel to stay at! Everything was great, stuff is very friendly, they even went out to have dinner with us. They have a nice cafe downstairs serving Chinese and Western food. The only problem was that wifi wasn't working sometimes. I stayed on the 5th floor and I had to go downstairs to connect the net a few times. But all in all I highly recommend this hostel.

Handy to town, attractions and had good range of tour available. Room was excellent and in particular the shower was great-above the normal standard for hostels. Lounge/bar/restaurant was comfortable and relaxing. The food was really nice, pizzas great! Prices pretty reasonable.

We are happy to hear you have great time here. Your happy is our happy. We will try our best to make our hostel better.

Hostel has a cool staff but it is a bit far from the center though.

We are happy to know you enjoy your stay in our hostel. Actually, we located in the center of the city, It takes only 5mins to the famous pedestrian street, and 15mins to the elephant trunk hill which is the landmark of Guilin, The solitary beauty peak and Jingjiang Palace,one of the 5 star scenic spot in Guilin which justnext to our hostel.Good luck to your future journey.

Excellent place to stay!

• 4th Aug 2014
  • Argentina

A really lovely place in the middle of Gulin. The staff was eager to help despite some occasional communication breakdowns.

It's very cheap and convenient,I will stay here again next time.

• 28th Jul 2014
  • China

You are always welcome and we hope the next time is coming soon.

Very nice. Big rooms. The staff speaks good English.

nice hostel, really! stayed here only for one night and than stayed in Wada Hostel, want to say that Ming Palace more better! Ming Palace bathroom has soup, shampoo, shower gel, hair drier and sleepers , wada no! maybe atmothephere in Wada more better, i mean more space in lobby for communicatition , but there is no some simple stuff for raking shower ;)

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Russia

The staff were exceedingly friendly and helpful and helped me make the best of my time in Guilin. I stayed in a dorm room and thought that the standard of the ensuite bathroom was good. My only recommendations would be that for me, the food was below the standard I usually find in a hostel eating place. For example the quality of the pizza base was awful and made the pizza a disappointment and salad cream does NOT go on a fruit salad! However, overall this was an excellent place to stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3