Ming Palace International Hostel Reviews

10-3 Dong Hua Rd, XiuFeng District, Guilin, Guilin, China

I had a nice time staying at Ming Palace hostel, because of the very friendly and helpful staff, comfortable bed, good location.

The hostel was a good location for the short trip to Guilin. Most important sights could be reached in walking distance and the price was good for what you got. However, more showers or toilets would've been nicer as each floor just had one toilet and one shower which was in one room. The staff was very nice and helpful and their English was very good as well.

Thank you for your review. We are glad you have a good time with us. Each of our rooms has a toilet execpt the four beds female dorm. Besides, we have two public toilets in the 5th and 1st floor. About the staff and their jobs, you don't need to be anxious, we always would like to help every one who stay here. We hope to see you next time.

Our staying at the hostel was amazing. The rooms are clean and the facilities are good as well. The staff is simply amazing: friendly and very helpful! We definitely recommend this hostel to anyone who visits Guilin.

• 20th Jun 2015

Thank you for your feedback. We can bring you delicious food and warm living experience in a convinient location. There are many famous and beautiful scenery around our hostel and we can give you some traveling information if you need. We hope to you next time.

Everything is too good to complain about except that the two computers at the lobby need refurbishments.

the staff is vers helpful!

Thank you for your stay with us. It is our honor to help our guests and this is our responsibility as well. We offer excellent service and comfortable environment in a good value. You are always welcome for your coming back.

This is my second time staying in this hostel. Last time in 2012. Great location, very friendly and helpful staff. I lost my baggage key and they help me so much by giving so many keys to tried, and quite happy when I can open my baggage again. Two thumbs up for facilities. Will be staying here again if I come back again to Guilin someday. Thank you Ming Palace. :) :)

• 3rd Jun 2015
  • Indonesia

I'm impressed by the friendly and helpful staff. I'm grateful for their laundry service as we have travel for several days before going the Ming Palace and accumulated many dirty clothes. It is excellent to help us resolve this problem and we can continue our journey with clean clothes. Thank you very much.

Dear guest, thank you very much for taking time to report your satisfaction as guest satisfaction is a primary goal for us. We are pleased to hear about your very wonderful stay in Ming Palace Youth Hostel. We offer free laundry, free drinkable water, free public computer,etc. in this perfect location. We hope to welcome you and your daughters again.

The tour reccomendation was bad.

• 28th May 2015

Thanks for your reviews. We are sorry we haven’t been able to meet your expectations. We have some books written about tourlist tour in our hostel, in front desk. many of our guests are satisfied with our tour information that we told to your friends. We look forward our happiness to welcoming you again in the near future.

First time travelling on my own so I really have nothing to compare this place to. However, from my one night there, I can say that the dorm was very clean and so was the bathroom. The staff were also really nice and friendly and could speak a variety of languages I'm pretty sure such as English and French. Overall it was a worthwhile first night travelling solo.

Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate all feedback from our guests. Thank you again very much for staying with us and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you in the near future.

Amazing location, staff were always kind to help. Would stay again.

• 25th May 2015
  • Lithuania

Guilin was my first stop in China and I stayed at Ming Palace Hostel. The staff were extremely welcoming. They helped me with so much and gave me a lot of advice about my trip. The room was clean and equipped with a modern bathroom. They offered both western and Chinese food and a wide selection of drinks. I had a great stay and they really made me feel at home. It was an excellent start to my trip! Thanks guys.

• 5th May 2015
  • British Virgin Islands

Ming Palace was a good place to stay. The dorm was clean, with A/C and reading lamps. The facilities were good and clean and the staff was extremely helpful. I also took part in a trip to Dragon Backbone Rice Terraces and Li River Cruise, both of which we booked through the hostel. The trips were good value for money and again the staff was extremely helpful in organizing everything and answering all our questions.

Thank you for your nice words! We highly appreciate the time you have taken to report your satisfaction as guest satisfaction is a primary goal for us. Your comments and suggestions help us improve our services. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you next time.

There is no access to the wi-fi in the rooms,even though there are modems on the floors,the lighting in the stairwell needs upgraded,not enough light, and there is no elevator.The staff was great and the food is good.

The staff here were amazing. Friendly,m helpful and with great directions. We had no problem at all in getting to LongJi on their advice.

• 16th Apr 2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.We look forward to welcoming you next time.

The location is perfect. Really close to the night market and the sun and moon pagoda.

Thank you very much for your preference and detailed feedback, always an important contribution to the quality of our services. We are looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you again in a near future.

Comfortable beds, good coffee and wifi. The staff is friendly and helpful with good English. Excellent hostel.

Thank you for your preference and comment. We are really happy to have you here and enjoyed the days with you. Best wishes for you and your travelling in China.

Best hostel and best staff! Thanks for Angela, Jelly and other staff. I was happy to join the dumpling party and hiking with you guys.

• 31st Mar 2015
  • China

Thanks for your preference and feedback, and the yoghourt. We are honor to be your second family in Guilin. Angela, Betty, Tina, Jelly and others always welcome you coming back from Vietnam. Good luck to your work.

We stayed here for 3 nights and our stay was just fine. The hostel was a little bit out of the main part of town, but it was quiet. It was probably a 30 minute walk or so down to Elephant Trunk Hill, but there was plenty to see walking along the river to get there. There was a pool table downstairs, but not much light to play. The front desk was able to book tours, but we ended up finding it cheaper to negotiate a tour out on the street.

We hope you guys have a nice memory in Guilin.we will try our best to better ourselves. We are located in the center of the city and a walking distance to almost every famous scenic spots. We offer tour info to our guests for free, and help them arrange their trip.Compare to the irregular tour guide, we do offer a higher price which is only 20-30yuan. Because we try to make sure everyone can have a safe and nice trip, we do hope you guys can understand and appreciate our work.TKS

What a great hostel! Everything is perfect, easy to fine, well located, good food and drink, great and extremely helpful staff! Not great WiFi in the rooms and no smoking ban in the bar, but that's just nitpicking. Great place, would highly recommend.

Thank you very much for your preference and detailed feedback, always an important contribution to the quality of our services.We hope to be able, in a future stay, to fully meet your expectations.

The staff were very helpful in arranging a couple of tours for me to see the most of the city for my short stay. I will return here in the summer to see more and I will definitely stay at this hostel.. The room was clean and they let me use their washing machine to was my clothes. I have been traveling for two weeks and i needed to get a good night's sleep. I got two good nights sleep. Thank you very much.