Ming Palace International Hostel Reviews

10-3 Dong Hua Rd, XiuFeng District, Guilin, Guilin, China

Huge room. Great setup. Ask for a room NOT facing the school. Every morning at 7:30-8 loud speakers BLARE music making it impossible to sleep. Everything else was ideal. Great hostel. Do not order the vegetarian pizza at restaurant. It is cucumber carrot and tomato on pizza. Weird. Meals were small but also cheap so get what you pay for.

Thank you for your preference and feedback. We are sorry that we haven’t been able to meet all your expectations. We hope to be able to welcome you again in the future.

Cute hostel. Food is good but they don't make what they say they do. Milkshakes were hot milk with no flavour. Didn't have a lot of ingredients on the menu. Employees were lovely. If I go back to Guilin I'd stay there!

• 9th Nov 2014

Thank you for your preference and feedback. We are sorry that we haven’t been able to meet all your expectations.Normally we make the milkshake with fresh fruit and ice, and think about the winter time now, so we just make it with no ice. Sorry for the careless and we will do the right way in the future.We hope to be able to welcome you again .

I loved the staff here - Tina, Zoe, Angela and all the staff here were so helpful and friendly and welcoming. I ended up staying loads of time here because I couldn't get onward transport but I just loved the atmosphere.

All the staffs (hello Angela, Tina and Zoe) are so helpful and nice. You guys are the champion. Free Laundry thats is great. I would definitely stay in Ming Palace again the next time I visit Guilin.

Thanks for your preference and feedback, which we will share with our team. We are looking forward to your next stay with us. Yours truly

Good hostel, easily accessible by bus from the train station. Very helpful staff who can assist with transport and enquiries about Guilin, and there is a wide range of reasonable tours available from the front desk. I took part in the Li river bamboo raft cruise, and it was very well organised. Rooms on the top floor are a little bit of a trek with no lift, but not too bad. Small shared bathroom in the room. I got up early so there were no problems, but might be serious competition sometimes.

Staff were really helpful with letting us know the best way to get places and we were able to book another night at short notice. Room was absolutely perfect apart from the fact that we found a cockroach in the bed on the first night! Nice that laundry was free though.

We 're so sorry about the little noisy insect.We are fixing them by pesticide regularly so that they can not annoy anyone.Hope you have a good day.

The best hostel with convenience location. Much appreciated with their hygiene and cleanness of the room & ensuite! Wonderful view from my standard room! Keep it up! Look forward to my 2nd visit very soon!

• 16th Oct 2014
  • Djibouti

Perhaps one of my best hostel experience. The combination of both great room setup and personal service helped me feel home right away. The bedding, just simply amazing, more comfortable than I can possibly imagine (I want to bring them home!). Good location and easy snacking on local food. Will come back and definitely will recommend to everyone.

• 14th Oct 2014
  • Democratic Rep. of Congo

Very nice hostel with very nice staff!

We had made a booking by Hostelworld and shortly they contacted us to tell that the real price was higher because the national chinese holiday, so finally the room was more expensive that we expected first. Anyway, I understand that is a very complicated season in China. Room (superior double bed) was awesome, extremly clean, modern and very spacious, as well as the bathroom. Very nice and helpful staff, they booked for us in advance the rice terraces tour, otherwise we probably couldn't do it.

We loved Ming Palace! The only issue we had was we originally booked a dorm room on HostelWorld, but the hostel called us shortly after to say they did not actually have any dorm room spaces available. Although we ended up staying in a considerably more expensive single room with a double bed, it was a beautiful, clean, comfortable room. The food at the restaurant is delicious and cheap, and staff was very helpful with booking us tours.

Had a great stay here, walking distance to centre of town and right next to Ming Palace. Staff are really friendly and a range of tours to choose from.

Great place to stay, excellent private rooms (probably the best we had in China), staff were very helpful, great bar with some fun activities throughout the week and central location. Highly recommended.

Clean, comfortable and central location. Reception staff were brilliant. Recommended for everyone.

Hi Bruce, happy you have good time here and hope you have a great time in Yangshuo. You are always welcome here.

Our stay was very nice. We enjoyed the trip to the rice terracces and also the nice and confortable rooms. Your staff was very friendly and helpful with all our questions. Thank you for all!

Hi Jasmin, I know you guys are going to enjoy the rice terraces field, that's my favor place too. Your happy stay is our goal, so you make us happy with your happy.

Hello my friends at Ming Palace. I can't tell you how much my daughter and me enjoyed our stay. We really appreciated your flexibility and patience in helping us deal with late money exchange issues and our running off for a wonderful day's tour of the Dragon Ridgeback Rice Mountains. The accommodations were wonderful as well as your hospitality...easily helping with our unexpected additional nights stay.Thank you again, your quaint and comfortable hostile gets high recommendations from us.

• 9th Sep 2014

Hi dear Brenda, We are so so glad that you guys have a happy time in our hostel. You guys are nice so you are all welcome. We are hoping you guys can come stay with us again. Miss you guys.

Very friendly and helpful staff. The rooms are spaceous with clean and modern bathrooms! The lounge at the entrance is also very convienent and you can also get delicious western breakfasts (toast, muesli, etc.). All in all the hostel has a nice atmosphere, is totally recommendable and worth in money. I´d definetely stay there again ;)

Great hostel. Very comfortable with helpful staff. Location is good, a short walk from a lot of sightseeing spots.

You choise the right hostel that we are located in the centre of the city. Happy to hear you have a good time here.

Helpful and kindly staff, recommended it !

In general it's a great hostel to stay at! Everything was great, stuff is very friendly, they even went out to have dinner with us. They have a nice cafe downstairs serving Chinese and Western food. The only problem was that wifi wasn't working sometimes. I stayed on the 5th floor and I had to go downstairs to connect the net a few times. But all in all I highly recommend this hostel.