Ming Palace International Hostel Reviews

10-3 Dong Hua Rd, XiuFeng District, Guilin, Guilin, China

Super friendly and helpful staff!! One day two of them even accompanied me for a short hike On one of the Karst Mountains around the hostel. They also help u with whatever problem or questions u have (in my case I had to send a package back home and they went to the post office with me) Very nice and clean dorms privates (I have stayed in both).They also offer very nice tours for reasonable prices (especially when u r a single traveller). Well, I would definitly recommend to stay here!

• 16th Mar 2015

I made the choice to stay at Ming Palace because of the location! It was a very good choice. The staff was very helpful, the room very clean and quit, the food that they serve was well prepared and worth the price. Their location is easy access to shopping, walking street, bus connections and great choice of restaurants near by! Highly recommend this hostel!x

Staff were friendly and helpful. Stayed in a single room which was clean and spacious. Location good. Only a short walk from the centre but still quiet. Overall, a lovely place that's great value for money.

• 11th Mar 2015

Thank you very much for your comment. And thanks for those time we spent together. We are really looking forward to seeing you again. Betty, Angela, Tina are missing you.

The hostel is located in a samll nd quiet street and is easy to the main road. Staff are super friendly and helpful, they are willing to help you for everything. The Bar is nice and they burn the coal to keep guests warm under the table. Food is delicious.

Really good stay in Ming Palace. Receptions are friendly and patient to answer your questions. Room is nice and clean, especially the bed is so comfortable. It is close to many attrations and walking street. I will come back here.

• 8th Mar 2015
  • Chile

Thank you for staying with us. Our hostel is in a fantasy location where is close to sceneries, bus stations, train stations, walking street, city center and so on. And we are always trying to make a comfortable hostel to every guest in these favourable conditions. Welcome to our hostel again.

The staff was welcoming and spoke English well. They tried to anticipate the travelers needs. The neighborhood is good, you can go to little restaurants and grocery stores that are not touristy.

• 2nd Mar 2015

Thank you for your comment. We are happy you had a great time here. In order to help our guests have a happy time in our hostel as well as Guilin, We will do whatever we can to help you and others. And you are welcome to come to us for everything. Hope to see you next time.

I stayed in a double bedroom. The room was clean and comfortable. The best about the hostel is the location. Close to the Li River and close to the centre of Guilin. Perfect for discovering Guilin by foot. I didn't test the food but my friend, who was there with me liked it. If you don't like it, there are enough restaurants nearby the hostel. If there is one aspect that could be improved... it is the WIFI connection on the 5th floor. It was only partly working.The WIFI in the lobby was fine.

• 21st Feb 2015

The bedsheets reeked of urine! I couldn't sleep at all that one night of my stay in Ming.

We are sorry to hear about it, if we know this problem that night we will change the sheet for you immediately. But we do change and clean our sheets everyday. Maybe its the smell of disinfectant fluid that you are not used to. Anyway we will try our best to make ourselves better.

They really screwed up our room situation when we checked in. Not what we expected at all. They were able to fix the situation but not without a fight. The bathroom smelled horrible and the wifi didn't work on our floor. The only good thing about this hostel was that the bathroom actually had a shower curtain.

We regret that you did not enjoy your stay at our hostel and it is always unfortunate to have unhappy customers. That being said quality either of the food, accommodations or bedding is and has always been of the utmost importance to us and will continue to be. As you pointed out we are conveniently located in guilin and are proud to say that most if not almost all of our customers do not share your sentiment. Hope to see you again and good luck to your working life in China.

When we got here they had messed up our rooms. We booked an 8 person dorm since we had 8 people and instead they put us in a 10 bed dorm. We had to argue and negotiate them fixing it and in the end they did but t was not a fun way to start the journey. The location is okay you can walk to pedestrian street which is nice. The food is gross so don't eat at the restaurant. The bathrooms stink! The beds and facilities were okay.

We thank you for your review and do apologize for any inconvenience that might have happened because of this incident. That being said there was a discrepancy between your booking and your actual numbers. We did our best to remedy the situation, we are sorry it was not to your convenience. We would have really appreciated these comments directly if there were any issues we could have resolved on the spot we would have tried either being the bathroom or food situation.

Having had arrived earlier than expected in town and also staying extra days because of the crazy travelling of spring festival, Ming palace was very accomadating in every way, the staff was very friendly, my friend and myself loved our experience as everything that you would need and want are very close by. If you are in guilin I would highly recommend staying there.

• 15th Feb 2015

Beautiful hostel! Didn't rank atmosphere higher was only because there weren't many guests staying in common area in our staying period.

Top hostel . Great staff. Excellent value.

1 2 Next » last »