Ming Palace International Hostel Reviews

10-3 Dong Hua Rd, XiuFeng District, Guilin, Guilin, China

Having had arrived earlier than expected in town and also staying extra days because of the crazy travelling of spring festival, Ming palace was very accomadating in every way, the staff was very friendly, my friend and myself loved our experience as everything that you would need and want are very close by. If you are in guilin I would highly recommend staying there.

• 15th Feb 2015

Beautiful hostel! Didn't rank atmosphere higher was only because there weren't many guests staying in common area in our staying period.

Top hostel . Great staff. Excellent value.

Great location! very friendly staff - English level is quite good and they're helpful when you have no plans. I'm lucky I'm a heavy sleeper. I was in a dorm rooms right by the school. So, I heard music and kids screaming all morning. Yikes... Also once the cleaning staff took my pillow that I'd brought from home. When I went to the desk to ask about it, the woman there was like, "Uh... can I get back to you tomorrow?" Like I didn't want my pillow that night? Expensive but good breakfast.

Thanks for your preference and feedback. We were sorry to learn of your insatisfaction towards the situation that you mention. We are sorry for any inconvenience we might have caused you: we said get back tomorrow because we may need some time to find your pillow in case of the cleaner sent it to the Dry Cleaning Company. And you told us you must use your pillow that night. We called the cleaner as soon as possible, and sent it to your room in half hour. We hope to be able to welcome you again

Our stay at this hostel has been awesome. We stayed in a 3 beds family room, and the room was very nice, clean and comfy. The staff was always helpful and helped us book for 2 day trips and gave us great advice about how to get discount prices for ticket entrances to the solitary peak. You should definetely try out the american breakfast.. It's worth every yuan you pay for it! Thank you to all the Ming Palace staff, we'll definitely recommend!

Huge room. Great setup. Ask for a room NOT facing the school. Every morning at 7:30-8 loud speakers BLARE music making it impossible to sleep. Everything else was ideal. Great hostel. Do not order the vegetarian pizza at restaurant. It is cucumber carrot and tomato on pizza. Weird. Meals were small but also cheap so get what you pay for.

Thank you for your preference and feedback. We are sorry that we haven’t been able to meet all your expectations. We hope to be able to welcome you again in the future.

Cute hostel. Food is good but they don't make what they say they do. Milkshakes were hot milk with no flavour. Didn't have a lot of ingredients on the menu. Employees were lovely. If I go back to Guilin I'd stay there!

• 9th Nov 2014

Thank you for your preference and feedback. We are sorry that we haven’t been able to meet all your expectations.Normally we make the milkshake with fresh fruit and ice, and think about the winter time now, so we just make it with no ice. Sorry for the careless and we will do the right way in the future.We hope to be able to welcome you again .

I loved the staff here - Tina, Zoe, Angela and all the staff here were so helpful and friendly and welcoming. I ended up staying loads of time here because I couldn't get onward transport but I just loved the atmosphere.

All the staffs (hello Angela, Tina and Zoe) are so helpful and nice. You guys are the champion. Free Laundry thats is great. I would definitely stay in Ming Palace again the next time I visit Guilin.

Thanks for your preference and feedback, which we will share with our team. We are looking forward to your next stay with us. Yours truly

Hostel staff was friendly and helpfull! Also I liked the beds, quite wide for bunk bed. Thanks!

• 29th Oct 2014