Ming Palace International Hostel Reviews

10-3 Dong Hua Rd, XiuFeng District, Guilin, Guilin, China

When we got here they had messed up our rooms. We booked an 8 person dorm since we had 8 people and instead they put us in a 10 bed dorm. We had to argue and negotiate them fixing it and in the end they did but t was not a fun way to start the journey. The location is okay you can walk to pedestrian street which is nice. The food is gross so don't eat at the restaurant. The bathrooms stink! The beds and facilities were okay.

We thank you for your review and do apologize for any inconvenience that might have happened because of this incident. That being said there was a discrepancy between your booking and your actual numbers. We did our best to remedy the situation, we are sorry it was not to your convenience. We would have really appreciated these comments directly if there were any issues we could have resolved on the spot we would have tried either being the bathroom or food situation.

Having had arrived earlier than expected in town and also staying extra days because of the crazy travelling of spring festival, Ming palace was very accomadating in every way, the staff was very friendly, my friend and myself loved our experience as everything that you would need and want are very close by. If you are in guilin I would highly recommend staying there.

• 15th Feb 2015

Beautiful hostel! Didn't rank atmosphere higher was only because there weren't many guests staying in common area in our staying period.

Top hostel . Great staff. Excellent value.

Great location! very friendly staff - English level is quite good and they're helpful when you have no plans. I'm lucky I'm a heavy sleeper. I was in a dorm rooms right by the school. So, I heard music and kids screaming all morning. Yikes... Also once the cleaning staff took my pillow that I'd brought from home. When I went to the desk to ask about it, the woman there was like, "Uh... can I get back to you tomorrow?" Like I didn't want my pillow that night? Expensive but good breakfast.

Thanks for your preference and feedback. We were sorry to learn of your insatisfaction towards the situation that you mention. We are sorry for any inconvenience we might have caused you: we said get back tomorrow because we may need some time to find your pillow in case of the cleaner sent it to the Dry Cleaning Company. And you told us you must use your pillow that night. We called the cleaner as soon as possible, and sent it to your room in half hour. We hope to be able to welcome you again

Our stay at this hostel has been awesome. We stayed in a 3 beds family room, and the room was very nice, clean and comfy. The staff was always helpful and helped us book for 2 day trips and gave us great advice about how to get discount prices for ticket entrances to the solitary peak. You should definetely try out the american breakfast.. It's worth every yuan you pay for it! Thank you to all the Ming Palace staff, we'll definitely recommend!

1 2 Next » last »