Ming Palace International Hostel Reviews

10-3 Dong Hua Rd, XiuFeng District, Guilin, Guilin, China

Really liked this place and would have loved to have stayed more than just one night. Other than being a little difficult to find the hostel was one of the best I've stayed at. Big lockers, nice atmosphere & friendly staff, really no complaints. If you're looking for a nice place in Guilin I would definitely recommend

Really excited to know that you have great time here!To make everyone have a good memory in Mingpalace is our goal.Good luck to your following travelling.

Cleanest hostel I've stayed in, in China...especially the bathrooms, there was none of that mouldy smell most of the Chinese hostel shower drains give off. I especially liked the free pot of green tea they offer you, it was a nice little touch!

Glad you had a good time in our hostel. In oreder to make every guest to have a comfortable room we try our best to equip with best equipment .We all love to share , if have chance we can share more.

It was very convenient with good amenities...breakfast and lunch were good...loved the music accompanying our meals.

We're glad that you enjoy your stay here. hahaha, our hostel located at the center of the city, of course it's very convenient to any of the attractive scenic spots in guilin...the summer is coming, our bar will add some cool drinks and cocktail, we hope to share all the tasty drinks and foods with you again.

Totally loved the friendly atmosphere of this place! I'm sure it's rocking in the height of the season but at least we could have free reign of the free pool, pretty much had the 4th floor outside area to ourselves. The area up there is super chilled. No issues when there, needed some bags, just asked. Simple and fast. Information on excursions is very up to date on the front desk, with some of the better prices I've seen in GuiLin and Yangshou. But no one was pushing.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in China. It's centraly located, they have good and cheap food, you have clean toilet and lockers in the room, free washing machine, super nice and helpful stuff! Thanks for everything!

Loved this hostel!! the staff are very nice and warm, they help me a lot!! And the food in the restaurant was really good!! I totally recommend this hostel to all the travelers!

Dear friend, I am happy you had a great time here. As the mediation between you and this city, we always are willing to give you all the information we know and try our best to make you feel easy to get used to this new environment.

It's nice place with good environment, and staff there is very nice , give very good proposal for visiting, we enjoy stay there

• 2nd May 2014

It is very nice of you to give us this good comment. We are happy to have you all here, especilly the Chinese friends who comfirmed the order with us to make everthing goes well in the busy vacation. Love to see you all again.

. Wonderful stay at Ming Palace. The location and atmosphere were great, and the 3 person room we stayed in was beautifully decorated and had a lovely bathtub and shower. The staff was very accommodating, especially Betty, who helped us schedule a last minute tour to the Yunnan River Terraces at a reasonable price. Thanks, Betty. We loved meeting you, and thanks for showing us how to make dumplings. Would definitely stay there again and recommend this hostel to others.

We are very appreciate to see this review. You are lucky to meet our dumpling party which we hold every sunday, people are enjoy making and eating dumplings by thireselves. Bestwishes to you all and the soon-to-be-born child,

The staff were friendly and helpful. The bar wasn't too expensive and had a lot of meals to choose from. The location is good, not too far from the train station and also fairly close to the river. Only problems were we were on a high floor and there is no lift, and there is only one washing machine which was constantly in use.

Thank you for your comment, we hoped you and Mario had a happy stay here. Yes we do have no lift, but we have a big balcony at 5th floor which you can see the Landscape, lots of people wanna spend time chatting, drinking and playing there, and it is close to the laundry, too. You knew you came here at the high season, especially the May day vacation, it is the most busy time in the year, we are full of guests which means our hostel is popular, so the washing machine and us are busy.

Great stay in the hostel. Bar/restaurant is great, friendly staff (thanks to Amy for her humour and; no, i did not yet go to the caves ;-) ). Location is great too. I would recommend.

Thank you for your comment. As far as I can see, you had a great time with Amy the lovely girl when you stayed here. She was very happy to know you remember her and you were happy because of her enthusiasm. It is pitty you haven't go to the Reed Fluet Caves which is so famous, maybe you can go next time when you come to Guilin again.

All the staff were really incredibly helpful and kind, especially in booking tours. I originally planned one night and booked a single. However due a small problem with window I got another room, a double for no extra and ended up staying two extra nights. The last night I hadn't booked and room was tight but a space was made available in dorm. Really accommodating. The private rooms are really nice and great art work hangs on the walls. Lobby and bar had great wifi, great music and great food.

Thank you for your staying. We really glad havd you here. Your first room was a little difficult to open the window, but now it is fixed. We always take care of our guest because we know people who travel from different countries are tired and not easy to get use to the new place for the different cutrule, so we would like to help you and make you guest feel easy. If there are any problems due to us, we truely would (will) solve them without charge.

Great Guesthouse! located 2 minutes walk from shopping streets, restaurants, etc, but in a very quite street. Room was very clean and big, with Cable TV and AC. Bathroom was HUGE!! The restaurant in the lobby has great food and great coffee.

The place is really good, and the staff is quite helpful. If again i would go to the same place..sure

I loved my stay at Ming Palace! Even though it was brief, the staff was very helpful, the rooms were clean, and the hostel has such a nice atmosphere. I would definitely stay again.

Thank you for this good comment. On behalf of Ming Palace International Youth Hostel, We would like people all over the world to know that our price are good, and competitive with other local youth hostels. Recently we have done some modications and hope you will enjoy the added feature. A special feature to our modifications is that now, upon request we have in a number of our rooms, a bathtub for your pleasure. Also availible is shampoo, a hairdryer, and air conditioning.

Gorgeous hostel in a great area! The staff was very helpful and spoke great English! They made amazing food and coffee! Taxi drivers has some difficulty finding it, so make sure you print off the confirmation email with the directions for the driver that are written in Chinese. They have recently updated the entire hostel, so it is very nice. I will definitely stay here again!

Staff is amazing and very helpful!

Thank you, Leah. I was wondering have you been told you are very cool. You really made my eyes light up when you walked into our hostel. Hope to see you again.

Wonderful hostel! Very helpful staff. We were able to book convenient tours through the hostel and enjoyed their restaurant. Great location you can walk to scenic spots and downtown Guilin from. Would definitely recommend this hostel!

It is very kind of you to give us a so good comment. I hope you had a good time here with your boyfriend in such a busy day.

The hostel was nice, clean and in a great location .The hsotel reception staff were also extremely kind and helpful. met some nice people in the bar。。。。。 bar and food was quite reasonable price and the wifi work very well even it was busy。。

• 27th Mar 2014
  • Hong Kong

We are very glad to receive this comment. We are trying to do better since the decoration has been finished. The bathroom is new with hairdryer, shampoo, some of them even have bathtubs; the balcony which you can see the senery at 5th floor is open now. You will find a new Ming Palace Internetional Youth Hostel here when you come here next time.

The location is good, many shops and restaurants, easy access to public transport, though it is very busy.I was pleasantly surprised to find that the hostel was adequately clean, secure, and that the staff were really friendly and willing to help. I would definitely recommend it to budget travelers who want a little comfort and security. I'd consider staying again myself too.

• 25th Mar 2014
  • China

From your comments we know our efforts were not in vain and thanks for your review and recommend.We're glad that you enjoyed staying with us and looking forward to see you again.Have a nice day!

thank you for the pleasant stay! :)

Thank you too!We redecorated the room to make our guest to have a wonderful stay in guilin,we are really happy that you like the style after the upgrade,Hope to see you again!