Mingtown Suzhou International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.28 Pingjiang Road, Suzhou, China

Staff very friendly and helpful. Great location. Only downside is the facilities, which are somewhat minimal. Overall, though, this is a good bet for budget travel.

• 19th Jan 2015

Seriously, what is all the fuss about? Bring your eye cover! Bring your ear plugs! Bring your towel! I woke at 3am to see bright lights and thought it was daytime. Can't they have dark curtains? Don't they have thicker windows in HK to insulate traffic noise? Don't guests get told to be considerate when they come into the room in the night? Don't they have enough hot water in the tank? I won't stay again.

It was a good short stay for me. I stayed during earlier winter, and felt the heating was a bit inadequate at points (when you walk to the shower it can be frightfully cold). But really, nothing to complain about :) It was extremely clean. For reference, I was staying in a 6 men dorm :)

• 26th Dec 2014
  • Singapore

We had a pretty nice stay, it was just cold and the heating didn't seem to work well. Also had some trouble with hot water. But i think it's the best located hostel in suzhou and it's nice.

all are good except the smell is not nice since maybe its in the old street.

Thank you for your comments and suggestions to our hostel,we will try to improve and welcome your coming again and you can recommend Mingtown to your friends^^

Recepionists are very kindly expecially the Suzhou native one. Location also is very nice but the atmosphere on public place is not so warming.

위치도 좋고 직원분들 영어도 잘하시고 친절하셔서 굿굿! 가격도 저렴하고 와이파이도 잘터져서 좋았어요

What an awesome IYH! The staff @ frnt desk are SUPERB! Vry xclnt cappucinos!

Beautiful part of the city, old yet charming building, clean rooms, bathroom had terrible sewage odor due to no trap in the drain from the sink or shower. No maid service during the stay, cash only, no cards accepted, food on the menu was a little pricy for China. Good experience overall, an economic, charming place to stay.

Good location, clean bed, friendly stuffs. No wifi in the room, lots of mosquitos.

nice lobby but lack of ambiance, kindda smelly, easy to enter without a key, bed was really uncomfortable, great location, it 's OK if you're staying for a night

Only one washing machine available ,place foe hanging clothes limited. No glasses and slipper provided . Room 2202 aircon with water leakage.

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Malaysia

Clean dorm . Comfortable , no wifi in dorm , I have to go to lobby . At first I connected wifi , but later I losted it and can not connect wifi any more . I ask front desk for help , the girl didn't help me with this , and didn't do any action , which colored my feeling :(

pretty nice hostel. clean and great location..close to bus stop. staff ok, nothing to rave about. no atmosphere at all..no activites. ok for a 1 or 2 night stop.

Location is perfect! Staff are nice and friendly, wifi is with good connection.

staff and location awsome. room was avarage and smelled. also laundry would never get dry.

Fabulous location in old Suzhou, period Chinese furniture and décor, just what we were looking for. Convenient, clean and efficient, with friendly staff (we had a private room, so I cannot comment on the communal facilities). There was a smell from the bathroom drain after showering, which soon faded away. I would stay there again.

Really lovely hostel,cool common room and coffee is dear but as by China standards as good as you'll get.Loved the building its in and great location.Also pretty easy to find.