Mingtown Suzhou International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.28 Pingjiang Road, Suzhou, China

The best hostel I've been so far! Clean, perfect position and very nice staff and atmosphere! Food is great too! I highly recommend it!

It was ok.

• 22nd Feb 2015
  • Serbia

I was there in off season & chinese vacations so there weren't many tourists however the staff took really good care of me. I also asked them if someone could help me go to a tea store to help me out, they brought the whole crew and we ended up buying even more stuff. The manager, she always offered me the best service w/ a smile on her face. English from staff was good. Big lockers in room, comfortable beds big common area. 5 min to the metro. This cozy hostel is on a well known pedestrian st.

Staff very friendly and helpful. Great location. Only downside is the facilities, which are somewhat minimal. Overall, though, this is a good bet for budget travel.

Seriously, what is all the fuss about? Bring your eye cover! Bring your ear plugs! Bring your towel! I woke at 3am to see bright lights and thought it was daytime. Can't they have dark curtains? Don't they have thicker windows in HK to insulate traffic noise? Don't guests get told to be considerate when they come into the room in the night? Don't they have enough hot water in the tank? I won't stay again.

It was a good short stay for me. I stayed during earlier winter, and felt the heating was a bit inadequate at points (when you walk to the shower it can be frightfully cold). But really, nothing to complain about :) It was extremely clean. For reference, I was staying in a 6 men dorm :)

• 26th Dec 2014
  • Singapore

We had a pretty nice stay, it was just cold and the heating didn't seem to work well. Also had some trouble with hot water. But i think it's the best located hostel in suzhou and it's nice.

all are good except the smell is not nice since maybe its in the old street.

Thank you for your comments and suggestions to our hostel,we will try to improve and welcome your coming again and you can recommend Mingtown to your friends^^

Recepionists are very kindly expecially the Suzhou native one. Location also is very nice but the atmosphere on public place is not so warming.

위치도 좋고 직원분들 영어도 잘하시고 친절하셔서 굿굿! 가격도 저렴하고 와이파이도 잘터져서 좋았어요

What an awesome IYH! The staff @ frnt desk are SUPERB! Vry xclnt cappucinos!

Beautiful part of the city, old yet charming building, clean rooms, bathroom had terrible sewage odor due to no trap in the drain from the sink or shower. No maid service during the stay, cash only, no cards accepted, food on the menu was a little pricy for China. Good experience overall, an economic, charming place to stay.

Good location, clean bed, friendly stuffs. No wifi in the room, lots of mosquitos.

nice lobby but lack of ambiance, kindda smelly, easy to enter without a key, bed was really uncomfortable, great location, it 's OK if you're staying for a night

Only one washing machine available ,place foe hanging clothes limited. No glasses and slipper provided . Room 2202 aircon with water leakage.

• 13th Sep 2014