Mingtown Suzhou International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.28 Pingjiang Road, Suzhou, China

The location is the only really good thing about this Hostel. We (me and my boyfriend) booked a double room. The room was freaking cold (April), due to the windows that you couldn't close properly. Our request for a second blanket was denied. The room only had one single light, which was a small light next to the bed. During our 3 days stay the room was not cleaned, neither were we given new toilet paper. Hot water for the shower is limited, during 12 to 17 o'clock you can't shower.

Really well organized hostel with lovely people in the right place of Suzhou. Kong (coffee master) was one of the best hostel staff I have ever met. Super recommended place to stay if you want to relax. It is not a party hostel.

Great location on Main Street in old town. Although wouldn't recommend trying to walk to the Tiger Hill its further than it looks. Really helpful staff. One lovely woman wrote us a fantastic order for a local restaurant, as we could figure out how to order. Nice cafe which offered good food and had a relaxing atmosphere. Washing facilities but had to air dry so allow time for that. Although the air con in the private rooms can be used to turn your room into a sauna if you don't.

Staff are very helpful, and there are free maps to borrow. Location is good as it is located at Ping Jiang Road, one of the most famous road in Suzhou, and there is metro nearby. My single room is pretty clean and quiet. One bad thing is the WiFi, guests can only get WiFi at the lobby, which is a little inconvenient. Definitely recommend this hostel.

Surprisingly nice rooms. Helpful staff. Good location.

The hostel is at a great location, and it is very easy to get museums, gardens and metro station nearby. All the staff are helpful and friendly. The BEST place to stay in Suzhou.

more clear direction to the hostel from public transport e.g. train station, bus station I have spent a few hours to reach the hostel

• 16th Mar 2015
  • Malaysia

The best hostel I've been so far! Clean, perfect position and very nice staff and atmosphere! Food is great too! I highly recommend it!

It was ok.

• 22nd Feb 2015
  • Serbia

I was there in off season & chinese vacations so there weren't many tourists however the staff took really good care of me. I also asked them if someone could help me go to a tea store to help me out, they brought the whole crew and we ended up buying even more stuff. The manager, she always offered me the best service w/ a smile on her face. English from staff was good. Big lockers in room, comfortable beds big common area. 5 min to the metro. This cozy hostel is on a well known pedestrian st.

Staff very friendly and helpful. Great location. Only downside is the facilities, which are somewhat minimal. Overall, though, this is a good bet for budget travel.

Seriously, what is all the fuss about? Bring your eye cover! Bring your ear plugs! Bring your towel! I woke at 3am to see bright lights and thought it was daytime. Can't they have dark curtains? Don't they have thicker windows in HK to insulate traffic noise? Don't guests get told to be considerate when they come into the room in the night? Don't they have enough hot water in the tank? I won't stay again.

It was a good short stay for me. I stayed during earlier winter, and felt the heating was a bit inadequate at points (when you walk to the shower it can be frightfully cold). But really, nothing to complain about :) It was extremely clean. For reference, I was staying in a 6 men dorm :)

• 26th Dec 2014
  • Singapore

We had a pretty nice stay, it was just cold and the heating didn't seem to work well. Also had some trouble with hot water. But i think it's the best located hostel in suzhou and it's nice.

all are good except the smell is not nice since maybe its in the old street.

Thank you for your comments and suggestions to our hostel,we will try to improve and welcome your coming again and you can recommend Mingtown to your friends^^

Recepionists are very kindly expecially the Suzhou native one. Location also is very nice but the atmosphere on public place is not so warming.

위치도 좋고 직원분들 영어도 잘하시고 친절하셔서 굿굿! 가격도 저렴하고 와이파이도 잘터져서 좋았어요

What an awesome IYH! The staff @ frnt desk are SUPERB! Vry xclnt cappucinos!