Mingtown Suzhou International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.28 Pingjiang Road, Suzhou, China

Recepionists are very kindly expecially the Suzhou native one. Location also is very nice but the atmosphere on public place is not so warming.

위치도 좋고 직원분들 영어도 잘하시고 친절하셔서 굿굿! 가격도 저렴하고 와이파이도 잘터져서 좋았어요

What an awesome IYH! The staff @ frnt desk are SUPERB! Vry xclnt cappucinos!

Beautiful part of the city, old yet charming building, clean rooms, bathroom had terrible sewage odor due to no trap in the drain from the sink or shower. No maid service during the stay, cash only, no cards accepted, food on the menu was a little pricy for China. Good experience overall, an economic, charming place to stay.

Good location, clean bed, friendly stuffs. No wifi in the room, lots of mosquitos.

nice lobby but lack of ambiance, kindda smelly, easy to enter without a key, bed was really uncomfortable, great location, it 's OK if you're staying for a night

Only one washing machine available ,place foe hanging clothes limited. No glasses and slipper provided . Room 2202 aircon with water leakage.

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Malaysia

Clean dorm . Comfortable , no wifi in dorm , I have to go to lobby . At first I connected wifi , but later I losted it and can not connect wifi any more . I ask front desk for help , the girl didn't help me with this , and didn't do any action , which colored my feeling :(

pretty nice hostel. clean and great location..close to bus stop. staff ok, nothing to rave about. no atmosphere at all..no activites. ok for a 1 or 2 night stop.

Location is perfect! Staff are nice and friendly, wifi is with good connection.

staff and location awsome. room was avarage and smelled. also laundry would never get dry.

Fabulous location in old Suzhou, period Chinese furniture and décor, just what we were looking for. Convenient, clean and efficient, with friendly staff (we had a private room, so I cannot comment on the communal facilities). There was a smell from the bathroom drain after showering, which soon faded away. I would stay there again.

Really lovely hostel,cool common room and coffee is dear but as by China standards as good as you'll get.Loved the building its in and great location.Also pretty easy to find.

Very nice hostel in perfect location.

Staff was very friendly and helpful especially when we were looking for places to visit and how to get there. They gave us great advice and were very clear with transportation instructions. The room we stayed in was nice and comfortable. Although the hostel lost power temporarily one day (with the rest of the area), they were very apologetic and we spent the day out wandering Suzhou so it was fine. Will be be visiting Mingtown again :)

• 29th Jul 2014

Ideally located in Ping Jiang old street, quiet, and great wooden house ! The single rooms are really comfortable for such a cheap price... If I ever go back to Suzhou, I will definitely be staying there again. However, the staff is far from being welcoming, don't expect any advice on touring Suzhou.

If location is everything, Mingtown SuZhou is it! You'll find yourself on the canal and in close proximity (walking distance) of many picturesque streets and imperial gardens. Plus, their rooms are beautiful (albeit small) and the cafe quite good. The restoration of the buildings was done with love and care. Nearby restaurants are plentiful. Having stayed in many hostels in China, I'd say that this is one of the most beautiful and perfectly situated.

Nice hostel situated in a pleasant area, away from the main streets but not too far. Masses of tourists, both Chinese and foreign still pass by though. Comfortable rooms. Toilet and showers are outside the rooms and beleaguered by hordes of mosquitoes. Quick showers or even quicker reflexes are recommended. All in all a good value for one's money.

When we arrived, we were told that our booking had been canceled because we were 15 minutes late. It turned out that our room was actually available, but anyone working in hospitality must understand the importance of making guest feel welcome. Instead the receptionist could have said 'Okay let me check thats still okay'. I felt that the bad start created a negative atmosphere between us and the staff. Facility wise, one of the biggest let downs was the lack of clothes washing facilities.

Room was very nice and location was really excellent but we didn't meet any new people really, and the staff seemed quite irritated that they had to deal with people. Regardleas I still think it's worth staying here and I would recommend it.