Mingtown Suzhou International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.28 Pingjiang Road, Suzhou, China

Very nice hostel, we got the twin beds and it was a very relaxing place. I was sick and spent more time than I planned in the hostel and it was a great home away from home. Beds were comfortable and restaurant food was acceptably priced. It is located on a canal street, a beautiful restaurant and shop filled tourist spot. Also is at walking distance to the metro and many gardens.

there are mosquitos in the room.

Great location, friendly staff, excellent value for money. Shared showers and WC could be cleaner :-)

For a foreigner , more praticable then a hotel, and as comfortable .

• 2nd Aug 2015
  • Belgium

This could be a great hostel if westerners weren't treated as second class guests. Staff (specially a skinny guy with black glasses) were rude and useless both when checking in and asking about info. When asking about english info their answer was "We are in China". Only things that were for sale were translated to English. Room was small but OK, unfortunately we found a huge amount of hairs in the shower. Location is good, but directions when using the metro are wrong, and not very easy to find

Electricity throughout the entire hotel died at around 1am, With no air-conditioning we were forced to open our window, only to be swamped by mosquitos from the water outside. I would recommend staying in ShanTang street, 10 times more lively and better surroundings.

Sweet location, but just make sure the taxi drops you off at the right end of Pingjiang Lu or you'll have a long walk ahead of you (the side with the Gloria Plaza Hotel). Wifi a bit sucky and staff not the friendliest, although helpful, however don't think you'll get a nicer looking hostel with a better location than this.

The staff is really nice and helpful. The only thing I would wish is that there was WiFi in the dorm and that the lowest temperature on the AC would be like 23 degrees (A group of people in the dorm had it on 16 degrees) . If I come back to Suzhou this is the place I will stay in!

Beautiful hostel in a great location. Only downside was being kicked out of the restaurant/lounge area at midnight because it was closing and the staff turned all the lights out

Good location,helpful staff.

The staff were very helpful and spoke very good English. The location was also excellent right on the canal and in the middle of the old street.

I enjoyed my stay here. The hostel is located on Pingjiang lu which is a really nice street.

Great atmosphere, great decoration, perfect location. Loved the inside small terrace in building 2 where we were staying, perfect for socializing with friends in the evening. The whole hostel was clean and the beds were very comfortable, but unfortunately there was no internet in building 2 bedrooms but this was manageable. The only thing that bothered us slightly was that the dorm building only had 2 toilets and 2 showers, not enough at all for a building with several 4 to 6 bed dorm rooms.

老房子隔音不好,要告知客人(尤其是上下楼梯时)

• 22nd May 2015
  • China

Yes the hostel itself was absolutely fine, apart from having to make your own bed! AND the bathroom being on the outside of the dorm room, so not only full of mosquitos but NOT actually ensuite as advertised! BUT much more importantly to me the staff not only don't try to accommodate English speaking customers...but I felt almostalmos nuisance rather than a welcome customer! The atmospher/resentment the staff aimed at me was very upsetting....(there was a folder full of information in Chinese!)

really liked the location, the staff was really nice and has provided me and my friends with all the informations we needed to enjoy our stay in Suzhou

• 17th May 2015

I've stayed in Mingtown several times and keep coming back. Great hostel in great location. Rooms have charm and are clean comfortable. Breakfast and coffee were also very tasty. It would be great if they could take card payments.

The hostel is in an old, beautiful Chinese house. Our room was nice, Mingtown Suzhou Hostel might be the nicest hostel we stayed at this time in China. The location is great, too. The hostel is situated in the old town right next to a canal. They have a nice garden with a fish pond, too. I just wish the would have emptied our trash once in a while.

Great location, really friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Great value for money and a brilliant café area for tea and snacks with reading material and travel guides

• 17th Apr 2015