Mingtown Suzhou International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.28 Pingjiang Road, Suzhou, China

The location is incredible, but overall I did not enjoy my stay at Mingtown. None of the staff spoke sufficient English to even answer basic questions, the beds were like rocks, the walls were paper thin, the toilet leaked all over the bathroom floor (and never flushed, ugh), and there was no hot water even in the designated times. Mingtown was a huge disappointment.

Nice!!!!!!!Perfect location

The hostel is very nicely located. However, the rooms are not clean. We have change room after one night. The first one smelled like sewage and the wall was dirty with trash. The second one was the same, but at least we could open the window... We also booked a room with double bed, one week ahead of time, but we were informed on arrival that there were no such room available and we had to share a bed made for one person (thankfully wider than a normal bed for one person). No one t

You should write the bus stops in hanzi and pinyin that way if someone can't speak chinese they can at least match symbols.

Sheets were torn and shabby. towel was ripped. (I took a picture if you would like to see it) Room stank of cigarette smoke and the bathroom drain. The other room I had booked was downstairs and horrendous, it seems that you are are selling this on its location. This is the second hostel I have been toxin Suzhou and I am decidedly unimpressed. May go back to hotel there, pricier, but more reliable.

• 18th Oct 2013