Mingtown Suzhou International Youth Hostel

Fabulous 1062 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1062 Total Reviews

16th Jun 2017

PROS: Perfect location on PinJinagLu. Great coffee at the hostel cafe. Beds are super comfy CONS: So much construction happening during our stay. The noise and the dust and the smell of paint was awful. No apologies. The staff isn't friendly or helpful. I would ask them about local attractions and they just stared at me blankly and offered no help. NO TOWELS! I had a shared private room and had to pay 5RMB to rent a towel. It's also really noisy and sound carries. Bring ear plugs.

• England, Female, 18-24
20th May 2017
4.9

The staff were rude and unwelcoming, my locker didn't work and the bed were pretty poor even by chinas standard

• China, Female, 25-30
14th May 2017
2.9

Bathroom very dirty, lots of hair on the ground, also shower room is very very small. My bed also had someone else's hair upon my check in, it was kind of gross, consider I had to clean out before putting clean linens on. Front desk was very very rude, had no expressions on face, no greetings, just a few words 'cash, pay now'. The location was good, but the area became very touristic now. I would suggest to stay somewhere else, if you don't want to get bed bugs.

7th May 2017
8.0

Very nice location and nice facility too. The only thing wanna complain is the WIFI.. very unstable and not fast

2nd May 2017

Excellent hostel located on the most fun street in Suzhou. You do need to be able to carry your bags a few blocks down the pedestrian road that the hostel is on, but it's not a big deal.

16th Mar 2017

Great hostel in and old Chinese house facing the main old street. If you're staying in Suzhou I recommend visiting Tiger hill.

• Germany, Couple, 25-30
8th Mar 2017

Nice, traditional-chinese looking hostel in the middle of one of the most beautiful streets in Suzhou´'s old town. The common area is nicely furnished and very welcoming. Double-bed room comes with a nice canopy bed. Shared bathrooms (showers/toilets) work well but could ve been cleaned more oftenly. Overall, can def. recommend the place.

• France, Female, 25-30
16th Feb 2017
6.6

Our room was (I hope) the worse of the hostel, it was situated between the 2 building right over the street. Even if, at first, it was looking good, we soon realised there was no insulation, holes between the roof and the walls, which made the room very cold and gave you the impression to sleep directly in the street. We have been awoken several times around 4 in the morning because of the noises in the street. Our room was so bad we decided to leave earlier than planned.

• alexiane
  • France, Female, 18-24
10th Feb 2017
7.4

Ready the previous comments I knew the place was cold which is true, except that I found the room dark. Howether the localisation is really good and the commun space is nice to stay in, really relaxing and a good decoration, I just found their food menu no so good (french breakfast, english and american one) shouldn't be almost the same once in the plate as a french girl I never eat all those things of the french menu in my life, And the personel sould be a bit gentle in my opinion.

• England, Female, 18-24
18th Jan 2017

Cold and the toilets /showers were a bit dirty. Really good location on one of the main touristy roads in Suzhou full of cute shops and cafes.