Mingtown Suzhou International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.28 Pingjiang Road, Suzhou, China

Staff very friendly and helpful. Great location. Only downside is the facilities, which are somewhat minimal. Overall, though, this is a good bet for budget travel.

• 19th Jan 2015

It was a good short stay for me. I stayed during earlier winter, and felt the heating was a bit inadequate at points (when you walk to the shower it can be frightfully cold). But really, nothing to complain about :) It was extremely clean. For reference, I was staying in a 6 men dorm :)

• 26th Dec 2014
  • Singapore

We had a pretty nice stay, it was just cold and the heating didn't seem to work well. Also had some trouble with hot water. But i think it's the best located hostel in suzhou and it's nice.

all are good except the smell is not nice since maybe its in the old street.

Thank you for your comments and suggestions to our hostel,we will try to improve and welcome your coming again and you can recommend Mingtown to your friends^^

Recepionists are very kindly expecially the Suzhou native one. Location also is very nice but the atmosphere on public place is not so warming.

위치도 좋고 직원분들 영어도 잘하시고 친절하셔서 굿굿! 가격도 저렴하고 와이파이도 잘터져서 좋았어요

What an awesome IYH! The staff @ frnt desk are SUPERB! Vry xclnt cappucinos!

Beautiful part of the city, old yet charming building, clean rooms, bathroom had terrible sewage odor due to no trap in the drain from the sink or shower. No maid service during the stay, cash only, no cards accepted, food on the menu was a little pricy for China. Good experience overall, an economic, charming place to stay.

Good location, clean bed, friendly stuffs. No wifi in the room, lots of mosquitos.

nice lobby but lack of ambiance, kindda smelly, easy to enter without a key, bed was really uncomfortable, great location, it 's OK if you're staying for a night

Only one washing machine available ,place foe hanging clothes limited. No glasses and slipper provided . Room 2202 aircon with water leakage.

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Malaysia

Clean dorm . Comfortable , no wifi in dorm , I have to go to lobby . At first I connected wifi , but later I losted it and can not connect wifi any more . I ask front desk for help , the girl didn't help me with this , and didn't do any action , which colored my feeling :(

pretty nice hostel. clean and great location..close to bus stop. staff ok, nothing to rave about. no atmosphere at all..no activites. ok for a 1 or 2 night stop.

Location is perfect! Staff are nice and friendly, wifi is with good connection.

staff and location awsome. room was avarage and smelled. also laundry would never get dry.

Fabulous location in old Suzhou, period Chinese furniture and décor, just what we were looking for. Convenient, clean and efficient, with friendly staff (we had a private room, so I cannot comment on the communal facilities). There was a smell from the bathroom drain after showering, which soon faded away. I would stay there again.

Really lovely hostel,cool common room and coffee is dear but as by China standards as good as you'll get.Loved the building its in and great location.Also pretty easy to find.

Very nice hostel in perfect location.

Staff was very friendly and helpful especially when we were looking for places to visit and how to get there. They gave us great advice and were very clear with transportation instructions. The room we stayed in was nice and comfortable. Although the hostel lost power temporarily one day (with the rest of the area), they were very apologetic and we spent the day out wandering Suzhou so it was fine. Will be be visiting Mingtown again :)