Mingtown Suzhou International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.28 Pingjiang Road, Suzhou, China

Upon our arrival at Mingtown Hostel, the staff informed us that our beds had been given away due to our late arrival (missed train = a few hours late). When I asked why I hadn't been contacted they said I gave them the wrong phone number. They also had my email but refused to comment when I asked why I wasn't contacted in this way. I've heard from other travelers since that this hostel has a history of doing the same thing to others and placing the blame on the customer. Atrocious service.

We liked this place very much. Great location at the pedestrian street next to the canal, cheap and good little restaurants around, everything you need in a walking distance. Very beautiful and clean hostel, very affordable private rooms. No wifi in the room, and staff didn't speak very well English.

The room for 2 is pretty small. Something wrong with the air-con so that there are water coming out of it. Excellent location.

The location was awesome!!!!!!

Mingtown hostel is situated in a beautiful old building in the heart of the old city. The rooms capture that traditional feel perfectly with old style beds in the double rooms, but at the same time are well equipped and comfortable. The price is fantastic for the quality. Its a tranquil place and as such a communal atmosphere is not what this place is about. It also could do with making more of its beautiful lobby area which is simply just a chill out place - maybe coffee?

staff are particularly helpful and friendly. we are really grateful for the lady at the reception who basically planned out our two day trip in suzhou, we enjoyed the chinese opera on sunday very much, would have missed it if it wasn't you!

1 2 Next » last »