Ministry of Coffee Reviews

Jalan Prawirotaman 1/15A, Yogyakarta, Indonesia

We had a brilliant time at Ministry of Coffee. The hostel is conveniently located on a street with lots of really nice bars/cafés/restaurants to choose from. I'd also highly recommend the food and coffee at MOC. The room was very well maintained, air conditioned and we got a fresh towel every day. Free breakfast was brilliant. The staff were exceptional, all extremely friendly and helpful and generally spoke very good English. We arranged all of our tours via reception and had no problems.

Very nice hotel in a very good part of jogja. We booked Prambanan Ballet and Borobodur tours with them and was was well. There is not much of a traveller athmosphere there.

At c/o the staff couldn't speak English (security, smoking gardener and cook who was still in her own clothes). They tried to put my card into where the paper goes. I had to take it, re-feed the paper and put my cc in the right end. After many phone calls and them insisting my card wasn't working the desk agent finally showed up and found the wrong button being pressed. Didn't get my pre-ordered breakfast and almost missed my taxi as a result. Staff laughed the whole time. Not funny to me!

We are sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience during check out process. We believed you have enjoyed your stay with us. Please note that our staff always naturally being courteous to all guests and not to be mistaken with not taking the matters seriously. Despite the problem, our staff did ensure that you have enough time to go to the airport and provided you with suitable takeaway breakfast.

Stayed 2 nights in August 2015. Still haven't figured out why it was called Ministry of Coffee. Location seemed decent, lots of taxis etc along the street to take you where ever you need, and the usual assortment of travel agencies along the road. Place was immaculate, sheets crisp and clean, hot, hot showers. Take-away lunches good too. Like any place, be prepared for the mosque to wake you on occasion. Andy at the front desk was absolutely fantastic, very kind and helpful.

Good value for money. Breakfast great. Staff are super friendly and helpful. They lent me a motorcycle helmet. They let me keep a bicycle inside. Recommended.

We appreciated your comment and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We apologize should any of your request did not fulfill by our staff. Thank you for you stay with us

Nice guesthouse with delicious coffee and shakes. The room was like all hotel rooms. There was a small safe. The bathroom flooded every time we took a shower.

Good choice, good value for money. Room simple but clean and comfortable. Nice staff. Very good location, in one of the two streets where you can find tour company office's and some nice westerner restaurants while you adapt to local food:) It's not too much touristic, it's just a small street where you have all you need as a traveller! Only one heads up: if you are a light sleeper, some rooms are faced towards the local mosque, and it is as someone is "singing" outside your balcony.

Super friendly staff, great atmosphere and excellent breakfast options. We spent our free afternoons in Yogya hanging out in the library on the second floor--I would definitely recommend this guesthouse for any of my friends coming to Yogya.