Miso Guesthouse and Hostel Reviews

2F, 201Unit, 176-14, Dongky-Dong, Mapo-Gu, Seoul, Seoul, South Korea

Great staff! Very accommodating and friendly. The common area is smaller than I would prefer, especially if it's booked out. Otherwise, great location, good price, made our visit to Seou, awesome!

Great. Thank you

Too few rooms, but excellent location and flexible as well as helpful.

We didn't stay in the main building, but in the 'annex' as they called it. The building is old. Wallpaper peeling off the walls. The bathroom was in serious need of a good clean. Didn't use kitchen. The beds were comfortable though and bedding looked clean. It was cheap so that is why I put value for money, as you get what you pay for. Hot water was good and the location is also very good so for one night, it worked for us. Won't be staying again as there is better options in the area.

• 20th Feb 2015
  • New Zealand

It's a very cheap and very conveniently located hostel (right next to Hongdae Station's exit 5). Sometimes it's hard to locate the staff though.

About 30 seconds away from the metro station - PERFECT for cold weather days. Heated floors. Restroom and bedroom have lots of essentials: shampoo, conditioner, body wash, hair dryer, hair products, body lotions, etc... The room had smiley faces on the pillow cases to greet you :) Lidya and So-Hyun were excellent hosts and provided recommendations.

LOVED THIS PLACE! So-Hyun and Lidya were great - very hospitable, friendly, and communicative. Especially LOVED the location, 30 second walk from Hongik Univ station. Also especially LOVED the heated floors. Made a world of difference during our cold Feb stay. Smiley faces greeted us in our rooms, had toiletries and hairdryer available for guests

The people were very kind to us and the location is pretty sweet. The room was nice and clean. The bathroom could probably be a little cleaner but overall it was a great place to stay. They even held our bags for us after checkout the next day- it was a big help to us to not have to carry our things around the city or leave them in a locker somewhere. I would stay here again!

I can really recommend this hostel fo discover Seoul for a few days. Location is just perfect in the nightlife and university district hongdae right next to a metro station from where you can easily discover the whole city. It's clean and git familiar athmosphere for a reasonable price. Sleeping room is a little small for 6 people but living room Turns it into good. People who are traveling alone and exspecting a big hostel with own bar or restaurant to meet other should go to other place.

전반적으로 아담하고 나쁘지 않은 게스 하우스. 주인이 간섭이 거의 없고 내 집처럼 사용할 수 있다. (쉐어하우스 처럼) 공항철도 5번출구 바로 앞이라 공항과 연계성이 좋다.

• 21st Jan 2015
  • China

Very small but very convenient to the subway, a lot of restaurants and all the Hongdae nightclubs. Heater was fixed at 26°C which made it uncomfortably hot. People seemed to like keeping lights on and making noise all night - including hostel staff, but the staff were friendly.

• 10th Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

We live in annex. Since there is no reception and we are family of 4, hostel provided us 1 key. It is not too convenient if we did not go out together. Beds are very comfortable and location is good. Only one toilet but shared with 3 rooms. Need to wait with queue and not comfortable if you want to use toilet,

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Hong Kong

The owner was very helpful, meeting me at around midnight when u couldn't find the hostel~ I was in the new hostel Miso II and they hadn't put a sign outside yet. Overall I was very happy with all facilities and communication,I would definitely recommend Miso to anyone staying in Hongdae.

The guest house owner SoHyun is really friendly and helpful. She made my stay in Seoul very enjoyable.

• 30th Nov 2014

Thank you so mush to take care me. You are so kind and helpful for all my request. Next time will also stay at miso again.

I think this is the best hostel that I stayed in Korea. I had wonderful time!! Everything is awesome! There are so cute pillow and comfortable bed. The staff is friendly and kind. And the hostel is just a few steps from the airport railroad and subway station. It was so good!!

• 17th Nov 2014

The Miso guesthouse is an excellent place to stay - in the middle of Hongdae between bars and loads of nice people. We felt very safe and enjoyed our stay so much. It is small and cozy, you can really hang out very calmly in a familiar atmosphere. Only the breakfast could be a little bit richer. That's all, thank you soooo much!

Had a great stay at Miso! Will definitely come and stay again if I ever end up in Seoul ^_^ Thank you so much for having me!

The host was EXTREMELY nice and helpful. She stayed up late to welcome us, offered us tons of advice and maps, and truly made our experience in Busan a wonderful experience!

• 4th Oct 2014