Muffin Hostel Reviews

Hegigasse 9, Salzburg, Austria

Very nice room (3 beds with private bath) with plenty of space. Room keys came with cute stuffed mouse attached, which was rather cumbersome but a nice touch. Not really walkable from the old town or train station, but the buses are pretty cheap and getting to and from the hostel using them is quite convenient.

Wanted fan and coffee which were unavailable

• 30th Aug 2015

Free muffin on arrival. Cheap considering Salzburg is an expensive city. location is pretty average. Wifi only in lobby. It was some kind of student accommodation. Atmosphere wasn't great.

Security; Dorm doors left open because other guest didn´t use their key to lock them. No lockers in rooms! Location; Bit off from center of town Staff; Many of them were working sick and tired. Not their fault obviously.. Atmosphere; Mostly nice! Cleanliness; Clean as any other hostel, nothing to complain! Luggage room smells heavily like smoking room.. Value for money; Bit expensive for a being hostel! Facilities; Summer time hostel.. Basicly nothing working! Cafe-machine. Wifi.

Ula, Sonia, Sebastian and Iga made my stay a great one. Friendly staff with great tips on where to go and recommendations. Would stay again.

• 21st Aug 2015
  • Singapore

Thanks a lot, hope to see you again! :)

It is a good hostel only 20 minutes away from the center city by walk. Everything was good and they gave us a muffin when we arrived! Staff was helpfull, told us about some good places we needed to go. Would definitely stay again even though the atmosphere was very calm, not the best place to meet new people.

Hi, thanks for the review! We're glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hostel :)

The staff at this location were quite rude. They were not from Salzburg either so didn't really help me when I asked for places outside the tourist area. The room wasn't ready when I arrived and it was quite dirty when I walked in. I'm a fast walker and it's about 20min from the very edge of the city centre. Additionally, what I was charged on the website was different from their advertised price at their reception. They had a good washing area though