Muffin Hostel Reviews

Hegigasse 9, Salzburg, Austria

The staff treated us very bad, when we asked something they don't even looked at us and when they did was with a fce like we have asked the most stupid thing. The hostel is far from the center. I don't recommend it if you want to be treat with respect.

Lovely staff, great kitchens, yummy muffins. Located a 20 minute walk from centre and pretty far from station. Security wasn't great, there were no lockers and their hand your key in when you go out policy meant that anyone could be handed your room key if they just asked.

Ok, wi-fi really sux, also found some hairs from previous traveller in my linen, everything else was excellent. Table tennis and garden with candles really rocks.

The only problem was the Internet...

• 19th Aug 2013
  • Israel

I found staying in this hostel quite frustrating. I needed the Internet urgently and it wouldn't work at all. The key system is strange, only one key per room and whenever you leave the room you have to take the key to the reception (and wait for ages to give it to someone), then when collecting it you just say your room number, anyone could pick up your key! They also forgot to book me on my overpriced tour so I almost missed the tour bus. It's also quite far out. Only a good place for families

The rooms are fantastic with lots of space (twin private ensuite). The location is close to the centre, about a 15 minute walk. WiFi only works in the common area, which could be improved upon. Decent hostel, I would stay there again.

Funny: this is a hostel located in an old factory. Unbeatable value for money.

• 16th Aug 2013
  • Romania

The hostel itself was really clean. The location wasn't that great, if you don't mind walking, it's doable. Old town is probably more like a good 20 min walk. The wifi is definitely the worst part of the hostel. It's only available in the lobby (not the comfiest place), and barely. It really is very slow and one of the nights was unusable. The breakfast wasn't very good for the price. It was fine to stay there but I just found the value wasn't there.

Nice, friendly, hostel. Very good value for Salzburg, I reckon! Ensuite room with wardrobe etc.

The WiFi here is slow~

Upon booking this hostel the cover charge (incase we didn't show up) was frozen in my account used for the booking. When we arrived, we payed in cash as requested on the website. I inquired about the frozen money and the staff informed me it would become available in a few days. It is now a few days later, the money is still frozen in my account and I am quickly running out of money. This feels like a broken system as the money should have been been released immediately after cash payment. Angry

We were received very friendly and professionally by Ania - what a sweet person.

We had such a good time here, even got some delicous freshly baked muffins! The hostel is great and has the everything you could ask for. We had so much fun going out in Salzburg too thanks to the great receptionist!

I found it was a bit of a walk to get into town but then it was exceptionally hot when I was there and I didn't go the best way. It'd be a bit pricey if you wanted a single room but otherwise good value. Staff are very helpful. I stayed there on my last visit to Salzburg too and I'd go back. Salzburg is great, picturesque, nice cafes, and the ideal stopover en route to Vienna.

• 5th Aug 2013
  • Scotland

Wifi not working. Staffs not helpful. Very sorry to say, they are very unfriendly. Trying to sell the package (day tour) by giving wrong information too... Don't expect to check in early (before 2pm) even though the bed is ready!

Loved this hostel, great staff Very nice and charming place. friendly atmosphere. Pretty much the best hostel ever, defineltly in my top 3 out of a lot of hostels over the years. Staff were great, location great, other travellers great, communal areas great! Stay here if you're in Salzburg :)

no air conditioning :( weak wifi

First a great shout out to Aska and Joanna for the muffins that they cooked us when we were watching The Sound of Music. The shops were closed so we couldn't get movie snacks. Big blow until Aska said she would cook some for us. Brilliant moment when your watching a great movie and you bite into a hot muffin! I believe Aska also drew a city map for someone when they ran out... Only downside was the wifi couldn't connect repeatedly but i was pointed to a cafe in town (Afro cafe) so no problem.

The staff were great and accomodating, and the room was sufficient and clean, with a nice view over a garden. Its about a 20 min walk into the center. Was worth the stay.

• 26th Jul 2013

I was disappointed by the bbq that was organised for us... They started it 1 hour late and one small sausage would cost 3 euros (with a piece of bread and a pickle) and a beer 2,20 euros!!!! I stayed in hostels where they would sell beers for 1€ and cook a whole meal for 2! Other than that the location is nice, next to a park and 15 minutes away from the city center. I was really glad that I found this hostel because everything was full in Salzburg!