Muffin Hostel Reviews

Hegigasse 9, Salzburg, Austria

Well out of town - we used it for a stop over on our way to Munich. Dead comfortable, cheap bar, nice people. About 11 euros from the central station. Nice curry house down the road that only serves lamb curry.

No lockers in the room was my only complaint. Otherwise a fantastic hostel for great value. Would definitely recommend Muffin Hostel.

I can't comment on the location because we drove here. The wifi is only available at the lobby/reception area and the common room which was very inconvenient. When I was there, the corridor lights weren't working and no one fixed it. My bed wasn't made up. I had to remove the sheets myself and request for new sheets to put on the bed on my own. The mattress/duvet/pillow was made of the cheapest stuff you can buy from ikea and they don't look clean. The bathrooms were not very clean either.

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Singapore

Quite a long walk out of town, so dont stay here if you want something central, however it was a pretty location & very peaceful. Ex student sccomodation so the place is huge, although there are common areas I found them a little 'clinical'& unwelcoming. It was very clean, bed was comfortable, but you do have to make it, and strip it yourself. The staff were professional and helpful, but with so many people coming and going the personal touch is missing.

I wasn't impressed with atmosphere or cleanliness. very boring place with poor internet and no bloody plugs to charge up. Got bed bugs which are still itching nearly 7 days later, and loos had a lot of damp growing in them. Worst nights sleep as too many per dorm room. Not good folks sorry

In all the hostels I've been, not too many, this has been by far the best because of its facilities and cleanliness. It is a bit far from the center of Salzburg but it's a nice walk. Even though the staff is only doing their job (a couple of smiles would not hurt anyone) I felt comfortable and would stay there again.

The table tennis rackets need changing. Otherwise, great place with great staff.

Great stay of 2 night, bedroom a little bit short and breakfast not included, but practice common kitchen, cool garden et cool staff.the center of Salzburg is about 15 min walking. Enjoy your stay in Muffin Hostel

I was only there for a night, but it was a great time. The facilities and everything were great, but what really sealed the deal was the two receptionists Youdzia and Sylwia. I was having trouble working out some travel plans, and they really spent their attention to help me out. And they were super nice about it. Rad place.

Although Salzburg is quite small and easy to get to, I found this hostel a little TOO far off from the old town. When asking hostel staff if there were ways to get to attractions without paying an over priced tour we were met with glances and straight no's. We relied on google to figure out how to get to the eagle's nest and the ice caves because staff continuously pushed over priced tours and told us there were no other ways to get to sights. On the plus side, facilities were clean.

Don't get me wrong, I'd stay here again. Some of the staff seemed to be rather annoyed when asked for help, but some were nice. Slept on the floor the first night which I was willing to accept was my fault because I didn't show up until 21:30, but when they did it again the next day to someone else, who arrived at a decent time, it became apparent that this hostel lacks management. Remember portal? The muffins are a lie...

I Enjoyed Muffin hostel, good kitchen and wifi, really comfortable beds and not too out of the way. Sylvia is amazing by the way.

Very smooth check-in from Sylwia. Very friendly and personable staff - they even hosted a free BBQ for us (don't think this is a regular thing) and provided a free muffin! Wifi didn't work but they had free computers with good Internet. Good location: only a 10-15 min walk into center of town, very nice woodsy, hilly walk. Security wasn't great - you have to leave your key and to get it you just say your room number, which is a little sketchy (although Salzburg is a safe town). Would stay again!

위치가 별로였다는 것만 빼면 나머지는 다 괜찮았습니다.

No free muffins, sounds shallow but it was what swayed us to pick MUFFIN hostel. The lack of cake really let down it's namesake. Place didn't feel very clean, luggage store room had mouldy food in it. Staff seemed to struggle with English and the fact that we were splitting the bill. Salzburg was so lovely but I wouldn't return to muffin.

Very clean, tidy and well run. Lovely garden area and communal areas. Staff were friendly and helpful at all times. Out of town a little but easy to get to by public transport.

I would recommend this hostel. - Advantages: wifi available, friendly staff, centrum is within walking distance, the room was clean and there were enough sockets - Disadvantages: little bit too far from the main station. You have to take bus 1, but not at the bus station in front of the main station. You have to keep left if you're in front of the main station en and walk about 5 minutes to the bus stop (straight on).

Sylvia really helped us during check in and everything. Also other receptionists were really helpful and positive.

A very busy party hostel quite far from the center of Salzburg. Check-in was chaotic and could have been much smoother. Beds were exceptionally comfy though.

If you are desperate enough for a place to stay in Salzburg, then this is your place. The hostel is far too big, with too many guests for the staff to give you any real attention. If you have questions about directions, where to eat, things to do in the area; good luck you're on your own. Muffin Hostel better hope no other hostels come to town because they will be screwed. You really have no other options for hostels in Salzburg, just hope they don't overbook and you end up sleeping on the floor

• 25th Jul 2014