Museum View Hotel Reviews

2 Champllion St., Cairo, Cairo, Egypt

This hostel is dirty. The Wifi was sparse )even by Egyptian standards. The sink in the bathroom dripped all night. The mattresses were heavily stained. There were flies everywhere because the windows are left open. All you hear is noise ALL NIGHT from Tahrir Square. It is LOUD. All night. In addition, the door to the outside is padlocked. If there is an emergency (and in this building, it wouldn't surprise) you could be in trouble.

The staff were very friendly and helpfull. The hotel is in a great location. They also offered a great range of affordable tours run by locals.

Nice place! Staff are great. Rooms are good! Excellent location across the road from the Egyptian Museum. 5 mins from Sadat Metro. Egyptians are one of the nicest people in world although there is a minority on the scam but harmless enough. Don't worry about Cairo. I had no problems as people don't really target tourists etc. They need tourism so they won't try anything against you. The only slight problem would be if you were in the wrong place at the wrong time. I had no worries and enjoyed it

Overall, the stay at the hostel was good and I'm glad I chose it! Room 504 has a long balcony that overlooks the Museum across the street and even though it was noisy, the view over Tahrir Square at night time is very pretty. But breakfast was just bread rolls, jam, cheese, and tea. Also, while the tours you book through the hostel are really cheap (500 E.P. for car to Alexandria, 180 for pyramids), I'd recommend trying to use public trans. and walking as much as possible - no limits that way!

• 26th Oct 2012

Dear Hostelworld, I stayed at Museum's view and it was really excellent. The room I stayed in was clean and everything was functioning. Even during the demonstration on Tahir Square, I felt very safe and have to say a very big thanks. Just one thing, I usually stay at hotels not hostel, and was expecting this to be a hotel as classified by hostelworld. However, for me it was really great, just to avoid confusion especially for younger travellers, I would recommend to classify it as hostel.

The place is centrally located. The staff, Rami and others, were extremely warm. They hooked me up with placs to go and also place to stay in Dahab. I will definietly stay here again.

It was not like a hostel, was more like a pension. The people from reception were quite unfriendly... or serious.. and the worst thing was that they tried to convince us to hire a taxi that they called us, thing that we accept couse we tought the guys were offering us a good price (i mean... we are lo budget travellers, thats why we stay in a hostel!!) and then we discovered that the price was 3 times higher than it would have had to be! so we feel really dissapointed and frauded...

i had a really good time at Museum View hotel the place was really clean and nice also the staff was really friendly they have helped me alot and they have arrange a tours for me in all Egypt Cairo and Luxor and Aswan with complete cruise and it was perfect i highly recommended Museum View hotel for all back packers and thank's guys Amir and Rami.

• 18th Sep 2012
  • South Africa

My friend and I stayed here for 2 days, and we were two 20-something girls traveling alone in Cairo. We booked all of our activities (Giza, Nile Cruise, etc) through the hostel. The staff here was absolutely wonderful and helped us to feel safe in Cairo. The only thing I would say is that, although they advertise air conditioning, they only seem to have one or two rooms with air conditioning so if you don't happen to get one of these you're out of luck, though they might move you the next night.

• 13th Aug 2012

This hotel has many advantages for a backpacker. First of all, it is located at the center of Cairo not far from metro and opposite to the famous Egyptian museum. Second, staffs here are so friendly and willing to support all customers with good attention. and finally, the room rate is not too expensive and will worth every penny.

• 7th Aug 2012
  • Thailand

I went to El Cairo in order to visit the pyramids and the sphinx, that was my principal goal to reach, however the staff from the hotel send to me by email some information about the tours with a driver. I arranged with them 3 tours and the driver who deserves special mention, this guy Mahmoud was excellent, I share a lot of time with him during my stay and I recommend to ask for him... If you really want to know about El Cairo, you have to go with Mahmoud by sure!!

Had a fantastic time at Museum View hostel , the team are fabulous, really knowledgeable and kind - they took great care of me that I felt like I'm part of their family. Free pick up from the airport , good breakfast, excellent location, safe, clean and comfortable - everything you need in a hostel and if you need any information just ask Ramy, Amir or Hamada will explain every thing for you . Met some lovely people staying here too. Just opposite to the Egyptian museum.

• 27th Apr 2012
  • Sudan

I want to thank Ramy, Amir, Amirah and the rest of the staff for a wonderful stay. I felt at home the second I arrived. I was greeted with a smile and a hospitality you rarely find. The room was spacious and tho the bathroom leaked a bit I didn't mind it. I had room 504 which had a magnificent view of Tahrir square. The best room in the joint. The location is ideal which is across the street from the museum and the metro is close by to take you to many corners of Cairo and Giza. Thanks guys. You

The service, overall, was excellent. Thanks to Museum view. It is better to fix the leakage in the bathroom, as water oozes out at times into the room and this is very uncomfortable. Friendly service, I would love to stay in this hostel again. Thanks!!

• 9th Apr 2012
  • India

A big thank you to Rami and Amir for their hospitality and friendship during our stay. We learnt a great deal about the revolution and appriciated the experience and knowledge of travel destinations around egypt. We think of Rami and Amir like close friends and look forward to sharing our pictures on facebook. When we return to cairo, Museum View Hotel will be our first destination and will be recommended to our friends.

• 27th Mar 2012

I've been at Museum View Hotel for over 10 days last January and i really enjoyed that place. The staffs are such a friendly people, the location couldn't be more perfect. They have few options for tours at the hotel, i booked all of them and i am very satisfied, they organized everything to me, i didn't worry about anything. I had a very great time in Egypt, especially at that hotel, i will go back there and for sure i will stay at museum view again, of course, i recommend that hotel for all.

• 14th Jan 2012

A friendly and clean hostel in an excellent location. The staff are very pleasant and helpful and staying here has been a great experience. A world better than some of the other offerings in this area.

• 11th Jan 2012
  • 25-30

Thank you very much for the excellent time we had in Egypt. You've been very helpful and provided us a great time!

i loved this hostel. very clean, nice big beds . the staff are really nice and fun - will help you out in anyway they can. also location is great, right in the center of downtown and just opposite the Egyptian museum. i highly recommend this hostel, and i always going to stay here if i ever come to Egypt again

Good budget hostel in an excellent location, enjoyed staying here. Best bits were the free Wifi and the friendliness of staff, they provided me with all the info so that I could get around in Cairo and see the sights independently. The room was OK, nothing luxurious just what you would expect to find in a decent hostel. Overall it its a good choice of place to stay if you are on a budget, could not fault it.

• 27th Oct 2011