Nanjing Fuzimiao International Hostel Reviews

Fuzimiao, No.68 Ping Jiang Fu Road, Nanjing, China

First of all it was a bit confusing that the name of the Hostel stated on the website and in the confirmation email was different from the one above the hostel building. After I asked the staff where the Fuzimiao hostel was they wanted to send me away. After asking again they said to me that I am in the right place... The hostel was rather dirty then clean. The toilet attached to our room didn't work and it was smelling badly. Some of the others toilets were also quite dirty.

Cool hostel with good social areas and a really nice deck next to the river, super close to the metro as well! But it could have been a tad cleaner, there were a lot of cats and you could smell it... And some of the rooms didn't have windows which a personal hate if mine, might not bother others. Still a very good place though

The location of this hostel is great. It's a close walk to the Confucius temple and a short subway ride from all the other major attractions. I would not recommend staying for more than 2 or 3 nights, though. The place itself smells somewhat like a dirty diaper and hasn't been throughly cleaned in a while. It didn't matter a whole lot because we spent most of our day out. The common area is good to hang out it but I only used my room for sleeping. Would go again for a short stay.

Had a great time there, nice people, amazingly located (just in the old town), and nothing to really complain about. But be careful to bring toilet paper (or similar). No wifi in the rooms BUT in the cozy lobby, so very social in general :)

• 17th Aug 2015

Bad internet, dark windowless room and no food

The good: Location is excellent, very close to the new metro line. The bad: No A/C on the first night, no toilet paper, smelly bathroom, a lot of movement from the cleaning lady entering/going out of the room early in the morning, impossible not to wake up. And the atmosphere was really bad (but that may depend on the time you visit). Overall, I don't think you can get a better hostel in Nanjing for that price. It's just very bad when compared to the one I stayed last week in HZ for same price

Good location, good ambiance, but - they could not order trains ticket for you (since foreigners cannot book online nor use the machines, you have to go and find the nearest ticket office... that usually does not speak english). Most other hostels I have tried can book train tickets for you - the address is not clear (taxi drivers cannot find the hostel, which is a little bit "hidden"). Several times I was dropped very far away, and they did not reply to the phone late after midnight.

Good location, near metro station. The common area is extremely cozy, but bed rooms are a bit plain. Everything worked as it should.