Nanjing Time Youth Hostel Reviews

NO.6 MeiYuan New Village, Yongyuan of Xuanwu Area, Nanjing, China

Not for winter! The upstairs loft was truly freezing at night (like, wear 2 coats under 2 quilts but still shiver all night). I'm sure in warm weather this place would be lovely: Great lounge, friendly staff, a rooftop patio, and cute dog. Most guests were domestic Chinese travelers, so foreigners may find it harder to make social connections here.

Good food and good location. Air-con/heating units are quite noisy.

• 28th Nov 2014
  • Denmark

It's a really good Hostel for China, friendly staff, good food and next to 1912 (club and restaurants).

• 9th Nov 2014
  • Switzerland

I liked the hostel and would stay there again. The staff were helpful and friendly. The 8 bed dorm with ensuite was good with a large bathroom, lockers, and each bed had a power plug and light. Don't go to Nanjing on a Monday because many of the major sites are closed.

Stayed in the huge dorm in the loft. Beds were comfy and sheets clean though a bit draughty as is in the roof. Bathrooms were not clean, lots of hair on the floors, full bins and generally very dirty. Hostel also a bit difficult to find initially but fairly close to the subway and bars a restaurants. Downstairs area was nice and the breakfast was good. For a budget hostel, not bad value for money. I only stayed 1 night as a short trip in Nanjing but would not stay here for more than 1 night.

Great place to stay. It contains all the basic needs. Only down side it that the lobby is not very "friend meeting" friendly.

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Hong Kong

This is a Hostel how I like it. An atmosphere that tells from it's past guesttravellers and a nice staff. The lounge is very good. The sanitery facilities are average for a hostel, the shower is good. The Location is excellent, right next to the1912 area.

Everything was perfect, except maybe the fact that the bathroom could have been cleaner ! Thanks

- Location is close to all the spots, - Staffs were nice and helpful - However, would suggest stay at 8 ppl mix dorm instead of 4 ppl female dorm as it is very small, dirty and smelly. - The best part is the neighborhood, the architectures around the area are amazing & peaceful, I did enjoy every morning when I went out to get a coffee and could walked around the area. would definitely recommend it to friends and stay again if back in Nanjing.

This place is great for one night but expect to first change the dirty sheets on your bed and put on new ones.Effectively the staff didn't care and told me to make my own bed as the maid was gone. oh remove your sheets when you are ready to leave. My locker was broken and had a gaping hole- i was told there is nothing they can do. I then suggested i move to the other bed in the room of 25beds..after some time wasting they finally agreed. The owner was lovely though. Toilets were disgusting!

living room had style, i like it, comfort.

I have stayed in this hostel last year and again was not disappointed. :) The door to the loft needs repair so it can close, and the washrooms could use a little bit more care, that said they should forbid people from smoking in them, since they easily become unbreathable gas chambers. Other than that is a super nice place, big and roomy, especially the common area downstairs, and of course the biggest highlight is the staff, who were super friendly and helpful with any questions I came up with.

There is only one place to charge your electronic gadge in dorm. Inconvinient. Shower room and toilet are dirty and smelly. Wifi is weak in dorm. Hostel is too far from subway station.

• 16th Sep 2014
  • South Korea

I actually didn't end up staying at this hostel as I discovered my passport had been stolen when I arrived there. I can't vouch for what it's like to stay at but I must stay the staff were incredibly helpful - they took me to the police station, called various lost and found services/train stations/subway stations/visa centre etc and took pity on my by offering to share their lunch with me. While the passport didn't turn up I am hugely grateful for their help.

If you are spending a couple of days in Nanjing it is a decent place to stay. The staff are very helpful. However my main problem was the cleanliness of the toilets and showers. They were often not clean with the tissue bin spilling over and not being cleaned frequently enough. I stayed in dorm and at 2pm check in went to room straight away. It was obvious it hadn't been cleaned, no tissue and a full bin next to the toilet and that wasn't in a public toilet it was one in dorm. This lets it down

Upon checkin, the receptionist changed our room type and charged us more (per person) than the confirmed booking. Our private double room was clean but smelled like mildew and the bed felt damp.

I can only say that i would gladly go back there in the future and i will probably do soon:)

It was so hard to find that place. The house numbers of the street are in such a mixed up order that I was happy when a Chinese helped me to find the way。 From outside it doesn't look like the place you're looking for. Met lots of interesting people there. At that time there were no foreigners what made it even more authentic! The bed sheets could be cleaner..

• 16th Aug 2014

The hostal it's really good. It's near the subway. If yoy want to stay in the room with 30 beds, it's cheap but maybe you will have some problems to sleep, because there are a lot of people, but if you don't mind it's pretty good. The baths could be more clean, but I mean there are a lot of people so it's undrstandable. I have no complains. Good place to stay.

The hostel is really close to the subway, very convenient location. There's a fairly-nice convenience store just down the street, and street vendors nearby in the morning selling breakfast food. The walking directions left on the website aren't very easy to follow, but the address is correct, so I would just recommend putting the address into a smart phone or GPS. The mixed-group room is very cool, a large loft space with lots of beds, but it can be a bit hot in the summertime.