Nanjing Time Youth Hostel

Very Good 307 Total Reviews

• Australia, Male, 18-24
16th Feb 2017
5.4

Cold showers, creaky beds leaking bathroom

• Germany, Mixed Group, 25-30
11th Feb 2017
6.3

I usually do not easily complain and I am used to staying in hostels in Asia, but I have to say that I really did not like my stay there. The staff was not very friendly and it was so cold in the room, unbelievably cold. I know it is normal that there is no heating system in Nanjing, but the aircon did not really blow warm air and it was too weak for the big room (3 bed room). I woke up 3 times at night, because I was so cold. And there were 2 big mildew stains on the wall directly over my bed.

• Spain, All Male Group, 18-24
5th Feb 2017

It was a really nice hostel with the metro a few minutes away. Staff were really friendly

3rd Feb 2017
7.7

Great location to 1912 (club and bar area), 10 minute to subway station, cool social area, staff attentive. But directions need to improve on the website. Take Line 1/3 not S1. Its a little confusing 1/3 is Line 1 and Line 3. There was a room in my dorm- didn't have label, took a night to figure out it was a bathroom- not labeled. You need to have your receipt to get your 100 deposit back, in a hurry to get to airport or train station, it might be hard to figure out where you put it.

• Switzerland, Female, 18-24
31st Jan 2017
5.4

It was way too cold in the room, the AC didn't really help and the blankets were really thin. The stuff was neither friendly nor helpful.

28th Jan 2017
5.7

Room was dirty, especially the bathroom. The shower head was not holding in place, no paper towel, the curtain was full of mushroom, dirty and holding on with a nail, the glasses has mushroom in them. I told the staff, however nothing has been done. I do not expect to be totally comfortable in an hostel dormitory, but they have issue with keeping even the basic standards of cleanliness.

22nd Jan 2017
7.4

I found the hostel needed redecorating. With paint coming off the walls and general upkeep was not well maintained. Also a little bit more could be done in keeping the hostel clean. I found the staff friendly although their English was limited they did try their best to help and were interested in talking to me.

• Germany, Male, 18-24
21st Jan 2017
7.1

Heating did not really work.

24th Dec 2016

We stayed in the dorm and the 3-bed private room. The beds are quite nice, but the walls are old and moldy, and because the windows are older, there is a chill in the room. We had the heating blasting the whole time we were there. I was quite happy with the hostel - the staff, common area, and rooms were spacious and nice. And the location is great. I would recommend this place. The staff struggle a little with English, but we got by with my very limited Mandarin.

• Canada, Couple, 31-40
16th Dec 2016
7.4

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights in a double room in Dec. The room was nice, with an ensuite bathroom and shower. The electronic toilet seat was a nice touch and the seat warmer was crucial because the room was impossible to heat because of the old windows and no insulation. The heat was on full all night, but the temperature never really got to a comfortable temp. so we shivered in bed fully clothed until we could fall asleep. The lounge was nice and in the summer months must be busy.