Nanjing Time Youth Hostel Reviews

NO.6 MeiYuan New Village, Yongyuan of Xuanwu Area, Nanjing, China

I have stayed in this hostel last year and again was not disappointed. :) The door to the loft needs repair so it can close, and the washrooms could use a little bit more care, that said they should forbid people from smoking in them, since they easily become unbreathable gas chambers. Other than that is a super nice place, big and roomy, especially the common area downstairs, and of course the biggest highlight is the staff, who were super friendly and helpful with any questions I came up with.

There is only one place to charge your electronic gadge in dorm. Inconvinient. Shower room and toilet are dirty and smelly. Wifi is weak in dorm. Hostel is too far from subway station.

• 16th Sep 2014
  • South Korea

I actually didn't end up staying at this hostel as I discovered my passport had been stolen when I arrived there. I can't vouch for what it's like to stay at but I must stay the staff were incredibly helpful - they took me to the police station, called various lost and found services/train stations/subway stations/visa centre etc and took pity on my by offering to share their lunch with me. While the passport didn't turn up I am hugely grateful for their help.

If you are spending a couple of days in Nanjing it is a decent place to stay. The staff are very helpful. However my main problem was the cleanliness of the toilets and showers. They were often not clean with the tissue bin spilling over and not being cleaned frequently enough. I stayed in dorm and at 2pm check in went to room straight away. It was obvious it hadn't been cleaned, no tissue and a full bin next to the toilet and that wasn't in a public toilet it was one in dorm. This lets it down

Upon checkin, the receptionist changed our room type and charged us more (per person) than the confirmed booking. Our private double room was clean but smelled like mildew and the bed felt damp.

I can only say that i would gladly go back there in the future and i will probably do soon:)

It was so hard to find that place. The house numbers of the street are in such a mixed up order that I was happy when a Chinese helped me to find the way。 From outside it doesn't look like the place you're looking for. Met lots of interesting people there. At that time there were no foreigners what made it even more authentic! The bed sheets could be cleaner..

• 16th Aug 2014

The hostal it's really good. It's near the subway. If yoy want to stay in the room with 30 beds, it's cheap but maybe you will have some problems to sleep, because there are a lot of people, but if you don't mind it's pretty good. The baths could be more clean, but I mean there are a lot of people so it's undrstandable. I have no complains. Good place to stay.

The hostel is really close to the subway, very convenient location. There's a fairly-nice convenience store just down the street, and street vendors nearby in the morning selling breakfast food. The walking directions left on the website aren't very easy to follow, but the address is correct, so I would just recommend putting the address into a smart phone or GPS. The mixed-group room is very cool, a large loft space with lots of beds, but it can be a bit hot in the summertime.

Average hostel. Dorms were always dirty, the aircon dripping water and the maids coming in and out of the room early in the morning or whenever they please. Ok to stay at, close enough to everything, if you mind a ten min walk to the metro. The best thing about the hostel is the bar next door.

Nice hostel. We arrived very late at night and were expected to make our own beds at 3 am in the pitch black, even though I had informed them of the timing.

Place is a little hard to find, and quite a distance from the subway. The rooms were clean though, and very spacious

the atmosphere is good; comfortable lobby area and friendly staff~~ but no restaurant nearby and must walk across the road for the chinese resta urant in a hotel

About 10+ minutes walk from the subway, it's a bit complicated to get there. 27-person dorm is nice and air-conditioned. But it's sometimes noisy depending on people you are living with. Toilets and shower rooms on the G/F (Room on 2/F) are clean but tiny. Public areas are perfect with some drink, but close at 12 am.

Hostel and staff very nice, but the beds gave me and my companion red rashes at different parts of our bodies.

This is a truly wonderful hostel. The staff are very kind, welcoming, and helpful, the space is beautiful and conducive both to quiet relaxation and meeting your fellow travelers, and the location is great. A model for other hostels to emulate.

Very nice and helpful staff, excellent location, also close to the subway, although maybe a bit hard to find for the first time.

group room for the evening very lovely. rabit running free, very cute, but a bit dirty. roof top terrace for moning perfect. room not very clean but ok for the price. public bathroom is better than those in room, because cleaned regularly. same applies for public toilet, totally ok, nice area, a bit hidden but wellknown by taxi drivers. metro walking distance 15-20 minutes. nice helpful statt, english speaking. charming atmosphere.

Not easy to find this hostel if u first time come here, a little far from metro, but nice big house and comfortable lobby

Large cozy common area, comfy rooms and decent warm showers. The hostel is located among some quiet backstreets but it's only a short walk to the 1912 bar area, cheap food and the subway.