Nanjing Time Youth Hostel

Good 322 Total Reviews

• Australia, Female, 31-40
24th May 2017
6.0

My room was filled with mosquitos and mold.

• England, Female, 41+
14th May 2017

Quirky, cosy, atmospheric! Friendly staff. The room was clean and comfy (I had a private double with en-suite), ideal for if you just want to sleep, but if you want a TV etc then you're out of luck! Toiletries are not included so bring your own. Quiet & peaceful, about 10 minutes walk from the nearest MRT & Presidential Palace - great location! WiFi was good. Didn't use the common room/bar area but it looked pretty cool! I would definitely stay here again!

12th May 2017
5.4

the front desk staff was great, helpful and the location being in a regular neighborhood away from tourist sites is what i liked about it. otherwise it was dirty, no toilet paper, no soap to wash hands with. maybe the private rooms are better, but the 32 bed loft was horrible. would not stay again.

• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
23rd Apr 2017
7.7

Our stay at the Time Youth Hostel was pleasant and we had a good time there. There were 8 in our group and we stayed in the large mixed dorm. The mixed dorm was a loft/attic space with bunkbeds. The bed was a little hard, but the sheets were clean and I felt pretty comfortable sleeping there. While it was generally clean, there was a bit of a strange smell in the bar downstairs and the toilets were a bit smelly in the corridor leading the the bedroom. Some great cocktails in the bar :)

• England, Female, 18-24
11th Apr 2017
2.0

Do not be fooled by the description in a Lonely Planet book that this is the 'place to stay in Nanjing'. The bar is detached from the hostel itself and the staff are pretty useless and quite rude. There is zero atmosphere and despite being in a 30 bed dorm it is not a sociable dynamic - the cool balcony area is actually a rusty platform with a tiny table and two chairs. The most disgusting communal bathrooms I've ever seen. Enough said. Just don't stay here.

• Netherlands, Male, 41+
3rd Apr 2017
8.0

Note: I was in the cheapest room, on the roof above the bar. The floor was concrete+paint, the water in the shower did not flow down the drain. I have questions about maintainance of the conversation space downstairs. I saw only a small part of the hostel. But! The atmosphere was very friendly. I made many contacts with Chinese guests. The staff was very friendly, sometimes they spoke english. I decided to stay, because of the meetings+atmosphere. I would go again.

• New Zealand, Mixed Group, 18-24
18th Mar 2017
7.4

It was good value for money. However the bathroom could have been cleaner. There also wasn't any toilet paper in one of the bathrooms. Overall, our stay was good

• Germany, Female, 25-30
25th Feb 2017
7.1

staff were very helpful, also the surrounding area of the hostel is very nice. the biggest drawback is the hygiene, the toilets were pretty dirty (really), the showers were alright, and in the loft somebody was sick (though probably the hostel didn't know about that). also, be prepared for some heavy snoring in the loft - i guess it's just what happens when you have 30 people sleeping in the same room. all in all not a bad choice if you're willing to accept a bit of a lack of cleanliness.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
16th Feb 2017
5.4

Cold showers, creaky beds leaking bathroom

• Germany, Mixed Group, 25-30
11th Feb 2017
6.3

I usually do not easily complain and I am used to staying in hostels in Asia, but I have to say that I really did not like my stay there. The staff was not very friendly and it was so cold in the room, unbelievably cold. I know it is normal that there is no heating system in Nanjing, but the aircon did not really blow warm air and it was too weak for the big room (3 bed room). I woke up 3 times at night, because I was so cold. And there were 2 big mildew stains on the wall directly over my bed.