Nanning Green Forest Hostel Reviews

3F,No.3 JieFang Road, Nanning, China

Clean and comfortable. A very pleasant experience.

Liked non-touristic Nanning and the authentic area around the hostel (food market!) a lot but the hostel was average. The dorm rooms are very small so I changed to a double room which was very spacious and comfy bed. Good value for the money and I recommend to do that. The hostel lacks a backpacker feel, it's more a coming and going of travelling Chinese and some foreigners on their way to Vietnam. Kitchen was closed during my stay and the staff seemed a bit overworked though not unfriendly...

we are sorry for it .you came on the chinese Spring Festival holiday ,this holiday is every important holiday,so many people go home ,also we are the cook is go home . we are sure very friendly to very guests .i remeber you , the day you ask the towel we don't give you ,sorry towel only for the private room .than day we already tell you .if you think we don't give the towel is unfriendly ,we apologize for it

All in all a good hostel. Not much good or bad to say. It's comfortable, clean, and the bed was super comfortable (double/private). Staff was helpful and hostel was fairly quiet. They have a pool table and a good area for people to hang out.

The girls on the front counter were polite and helpful to me, a European male, but rude to my Chinese National friend. The cleaning staff were very nice, they should work on the front desk with a translator app and make the girls who work there now do the cleaning. I've stayed here twice, I didn't believe my friend last time so I watched. They snapped and spoke with the 30 Chinese women shrill voice. I won't go back now.

4-BR dorm was much too small with no place to put large bags. Hallway frequently had water on floor by the showers. The maid assumed that I had left and threw away my toiletries instead of being properly informed by the front desk that there was still an occupant in the room (most were later found and returned). There's only one washing machine despite being a rather large hostel, the area for hanging clothes to dry is really small. 4 narrow flights of stairs with heavy bags is a challenge.

Great for a base if you are on your way to vietnam or just want to explore the area around nanning. The food is great even if it does take a while to be served and the staff are really lovely! They organised visas and bus tickets for my friend and I really quickly.

Stay here! The staff provide excellent service and advice. Good place to get your Vietnamese visa, a tour of Dietian falls, and assistance with everything else Nanning! Don't be put off by the entrance off an alley and they two flights of ratty stairs. It's worth it!

• 31st Jan 2015

It's very clean and comfortable hostel, I just feel more comfortable compare to all those hostels i stayed right before in Vietnam. and the stuff is very helpful, it's very near to the night market food street, I only stayed one night to catch up the flight. but it was good experience. tried so much local food haha

Nanning Green Forest Hostel was an ok place to stay on my way to Vietnam. The place was clean and the bar area was nice. There was only one toilet for the whole floor and overall there was nothing special about the place. The staff was super nice and helpful, though! They helped me organize bus tickets to go to Vietnam and were overall very nice, giving tips what to see and do in Nanning.

Some of the receptionist attitude need to improve to serve customer in professional way.

• 26th Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

Cold water.

Good place to stay before you go to Vietnam. Nice and big chillarea with a good billiardtable, plenty of films you can watch and some couches for hanging out.

Thanks for good stay here,wish you have a nice trip in following days! kind Regards, Green Forest Team

My stay was short and pleasant.

Thanks for your stay here, wish you have nice trip in following days! Kind Regards, Green Forest Team

nice hostel.location is very good not far from the train station about 10 kuai by taxi.and 3 mins walk to the night market.The staff is okay but they seems never smile.

Nice hostel with clean beds and bathroom. Wanted to book the bus to Hanoi but after once trying to call the staff said it was not possible and that i had to go by myself. Not a big problem but it sounded a little rude. The atmosphere is okay but more a hotel than a hostel.

Pretty quiet hostel, comfy beds, hot showers, perfect stopover before heading off to Hanoi

The common areas were nice but the toilets and showers were dirty and smelly.