Nanning Green Forest Hostel Reviews

3F,No.3 JieFang Road, Nanning, China

A stopping off point into or out if Vietnam, whilst predomintely a hostel for Chinese it works well enough. They were kind enough to help get my tickets sorted, they hadn't been delivered, that very afternoon and once they decided to call it was only about 3 hours till they turned up. Washing is free, drying is DIY, just have fun in winter with that I guess. Btw the city is still renovating itself so some of the distant parks on the map don't really exist yet,,which made a gun walk :/

Very nice and helpful staff, accurate information about travelling to Vietnam. Recommend this place.

Great location - just next to the pedestrian street shopping area. However, information regarding how to get to the hostel can be improved and updated, with the ongoing subway construction. Room is very clean - I dont mind walking barefoot. Will add on a sense of security if there are lockers in dormitory rooms

Before I got to the hospital, they had instructions both in English and Chinese I could print out and tell the taxi driver. I got in after 1:30 AM and the guard was able to let me through, though I had to give him my passport and pay later. Stayed in a standard double private ensuite. Very nice! Bathroom was clean, A/C was ok. Had towels and toilet paper for the suite bathroom. Only stayed one night. The staff in the morning could speak some English and was very friendly. Would come again.

• 17th May 2014

hope you come to our hostel next time.Finally,thank you for your review again!

Great hostel. Staff very helpful. Everybody speaks englisch. Good bar. Good food.

Thanks for your review! we will do our best to reserve the other customer.And we hope you come to our hostel next time

Some staff were not very helpful,although one member of staff was amazing

Thanks for your review!we are sorry for that,at that time we have some new staff ,may be they are Unprofessional .They try to learn eveything,we will do our best to reserve the other customer.And we hope you come to our hostel next time.Finally,thank you for your review again!

I arrived here in the midnight and left in the next morning, so I don't know well about this hostel. If you arrive here after midnight, you have to give a passport to a security guard and pay for stay next day. The location was not far from the railway station, and the hostel building looked good enough.

Like to suggest having a electrical kettle and TV in the room. These 2 items are welcome by all guest. I would not mind to be charge a small RMB for these facilities.

thank you you suggest ,we have the different room type , some have TV same not , we talk about this to my boss ,maybe we buy same new TV ,We already many electrical kettle for the private rooms . thanks again

I understand that this hostel has recently been taken over and is under renovation but important facilities (ie, working sinks/showers on our floor, clothes hanging space) were lacking. The majority of staff were unenthusiastic and the directions incomplete - frustrating! After staying at the outstanding sister hostel in Chongqing, I found this venue disappointing. A beautiful space where the staff need a bit of a pep talk to really get the place happening!

Near the Pedestrian Min Sheng Road and for food Paradise lover, just within walking distance to Zhong Shan Road.

A good one night stay at this hostel. Friendly, clean and cheap. Can't ask more.

Hey,Jack.I am glad that u enjoy ur stay here.Wish u a good trip.:)

We stayed in the double bed ensuite room. The room was very spacious with a nice soft bed and good shower. The staff helped us arrange our Vietnam VISA, which was very handy. Their english could be better though. The downside of the hostel was that there was no breakfast or dinner available. We couldn't even heat up our bought food because they didn't claim to have a microwave, which I doubt.

Thank you for ur comment.We always want to provide a comfortable enviroment for our guests.I am sorry for the inconvenience,we only have a oven but not microwave,and we will try to fix this asap.We provide delicious chinese and western food here normally.The chef was on a spring festerval holiday during ur stay here.And also sorry for our poor English,we are working hard on it.Maybe u can talk to us and help with our oral English in ur next coming;)

I was a little distracted by the drops that where keep coming from the sealing, because the floor got really slippery. Also the bar street that one of the staffmembers recommended to us was not at all in a travellers price range and consisted out of clubs not bars. I spent a lot of time in the huge hostellobby, either infront of the TV (chose from the big movie-menue) or played pool or just sat around with other travellers. I would definitly go there again, a really nice and comfortable hoste

We are really sorry for the drops from the ceiling.We already have someone fixed it.Hope to see u next time:)

Very nice clean hostel, with great common area / bar. Location is right next to major shopping location and only a short taxi from train (5 min). Staff were as helpful as could be but not brilliant English speakers. Main downside was it was a very noisy room and needed ear plugs to sleep as windows weren't able to shut properly. Keiran

We stayed here twice - the first time everything was fine. The second time was at Chinese New Year - we got to our room, but had no towels, so we asked at reception - they said there should be some in the room - there wasn't. So we went back again and this time they said it wasn't included in the room rate. So we asked if we could hire some, but they said no. Rooms are nice and well furnished - the common area/bar is cool, but lacks atmosphere.

Chinese New Year have 7days holiday ,so the Cleaning company have seven days off ,7 days is long time for us ,everday have the new the gusts , towels is not enough .We are very sorry for than .At ordinary time we have free towels.

This hostel is wonderful. The staff is very good at helping you with Vietnam visas and transport to Vietnam as well as running a friendly, environmentally-conscious hostel.

It seemed to be more or less a stop-over-hostel for all those going to Vietnam etc. Staff seems specialised on Visa issues but less on others... Really nice rooms and 24h reception is pretty cool.

Thx for ur common.In addition to what u have metioned about nanning ,I would like to say there are still plenty of things to do here . The parks ,the mountains and the museums are all amazing.And we are always happy to help u with the tour imformations about this city.Wish u a good trip:)