NewGrange Lodge Reviews

Donore, Newgrange, Ireland

The facilities and location are awesome. What I do not quite understand is why the toilet inside the room (a dorm of more than 10 people) could not be locked from the inside. Where is the intimicy in the toilet and the shower? Besides, something could be done related to the wifi. It did not work from all the rooms.

Beautiful rooms, fantastic breakfast, and a few steps away from the visitor center which books the local tours. Great staff. lovely country atmosphere.

I really liked this place! They have dorm rooms and also hotel rooms so it's not your usual backpacker kind of place. It's nice! Lots of lounge space and outside courtyard. It was lovely! My one negative comment was that we showed up in the evening and the kitchen was pretty gross with other lodgers leaving behind a mess of dirty dishes and a dirty dish towel. When cooking my meal one of the hostel workers noticed the mess and tidied up.Thanks! The bed was a little springy and uncomfy but okay!

We had a wonderful night at the Newgrange lodge in a 6 bed dorm; the bed was comfortable and the dorm was very clean with an excellent ensuite. The common areas were a highlight with large, clean and comfortable lounge spaces. The breakfast offered was the other highlight - we appreciated the fruit, yogurt, toast, cereal and coffee prepared in the kitchen room. The only suggestion for this fantastic hostel is to increase pots n pans in the small shared kitchen, as we queued to use. Recommend!

They let me store my bags while I visited the sites. Be aware they don't have food at the hostel and the nearest restaurants are 20 minutes away via foot, so plan accordingly.

I have stayed in hostels all over Europe for 25 years...This is one of the best and grandest of all!! And a short walk from New Grange!

Very clean, lovely furnished, friendly and helpful staff and wonderful breakefadt

• 30th May 2015

Cute facility. Beds were a little cramped, but the room was nice. Breakfast was nice and the common room was beautiful! There was also a computer there that I could print off a boarding pass for the next day for free, which was very nice.

I really like comfortable living areas and garden. Staff is very good. Breakfast is excellent. I will definitely be back again.