• 11-6 Matsubaracho, Nikko, Tochigi Pref., Nikko, Japan

7.1
Very Good 120 Total Reviews
7.1
Very Good 120 Total Reviews
Nikko Park Lodge (Tobu Nikko Station) Located at 11-6 Matsubaracho, Nikko, Tochigi Pref., Nikko.
Japan
Nikko 321-1406 11-6 Matsubaracho, Nikko, Tochigi Pref.
71% 120
36.7468280 139.6193218
    Rooms available

24th Aug 2016
3.4

I had a horrible experience with Nikko Park Lodge. I was told I could check in at 3:00pm. I arrived at 4:00 to find no staff or anyone. When I was looking for my room, I found another traveler in the common area who told me they were still cleaning because there had been some "insects" in the hostel. After some more conversation, it became clear that there was a bed bug infestation that the staff didn't inform me about. It was not a safe place to stay so I demanded a full refund and left.

• Germany, Male, 25-30
21st Aug 2016

It was easy to find and a nice welcome. The bed mattress was a little bit thin but I could sleep very well. The common room is small with places to sit for 5-6 persons, in most times sufficient.

• Argentina, Couple, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
20th Jun 2016
4.3

I guess the hostel has multiple buildings because based on the other reviews, our stay wasn't as good as they say. The hostel is way too small and way too crowded. There are at least 16 beds and the common room has 2 armchair for 3 persons each. There's one toilet, one shower and one sink. No kitchen, just a bunch of plates and spoons in a corner. Lockers are downstairs and way too small. And the main offender: no outlet plug on the beds. Would not stay again. Owner was nice.

5th May 2016

Great location. Typical hostel experience. No downsides except we couldn't find a staff member to check in for about 15min as we and others arrived. Once we found the staff member, they were very helpful. No biggy really.