Niras Bankoc Cultural Hostel Reviews

204-206 Samranrach intersection, opposite to Thipsamai padthai shop , Phra-Nakorn, Bangkok, Thailand

Pretty good place overall, just not a great place to meet people as there is no real common area (besides the coffee shop in the lobby). The whole hostel is very clean and nicely furnished. I had some of the best water pressure of all my hostels at this hostel and the water was generally hot/warm. They also provide you with one of the best towels I've had at any hostel. Not the best location, but it works (great Pad Thai across the street and 15 minute walk from Khao San).

I highly recommend Niras hostel if you are staying in bangkok. The rooms and toilets are very clean and toilets daily or even maybe a few times daily. The girls are very helpful and friendly and there is a security guard at night. The walk to Khao San Road is about 10 minutes but it is a decent walk and better than getting taxis to and from. Thanks Niras :)

Great staff... Very good position.... Just not a party hostel.... It was very quiet and there is not a real place to hang out with other people! But I really raccomande it!!

I been 5 or 6 times in this hostel and it was every time great. The location is in walking distance of the most interesting places, the rooms and facilities are very clean and the staff is very helpful and friendly. I had a great time here. Thanks to the staff.

Small communal area, but easy to get talking to people. Feels nice inside with cool wooden doors. Might get lost if you're drunk and feel like you're in a mirror maze! Smiley security man. Sign in if late back from night out. I would happily stay again although I'd try some alternatives in the area first.

• 10th Nov 2014

Really good place to stay at, stayed there for two nights and would definitely go back! The hostal, including rooms, was very comfortable and clean. Very friendly staff that helped me with everything I needed and told me real good places to go to. Definitely a place to stay at when going to bangkok, only about 40mins to the airport and not far from the main party road (10 min with a tuk tuk)

• 5th Nov 2014

Visited November 2014 during the big festival. In terms of cleanliness and location you could not ask for better. The facilities were well maintained. Had a bit of a leaky sink in our room but was still great. Staff was more than willing to help out in booking additional travel arrangements, and offered advice about where to go and what to see. The only downside is that the free map given is not accurate at all. Not that big a deal but I do recommend buying a real Bangkok map from the 7/11.

Great hostel! Very clean and nice rooms. Would stay there again.

Very nice place with helpful English speaking staff. Good if you want to stay in the old city and want to avoid Crap San Road.

Walking distance to khao san road, but not swamped by drunk tourists. Big lockers, friendly staff, great coffee downstairs, good wifi, walking distance to major temples and palace. Staff has great recommendations and were really friendly. As a solo traveller i met some great people here who i met again in chiang mai. Great hostel!

I didn't realise from the reviews how small it was. It was basically a small reception/common area, with not much else except dorms. Also, even though it's "close" to most things, bangkok is still large (and hot) enough to warrant taxi trips/tuktuks to most places. That said, it's a nice standard hostel. Best part was the very friendly and helpful staff.

An excellent stay - dorms were extremely spacious, comfortable and clean. Staff very friendly. Bit pricey but you get what you pay for!

It is a great place for backpackers, I met a lot nice people there. The location might not be easy to find, but it is cozy to stay and good to explore the city as a start point.

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • Tianwen
  • China

I’ve stayed in Niras in my first two nights in Thailand and decided to come back for the last one. The location is quite nice, walking distance to many touristic spots including Khao San Road. The hostel is clean with good beds (I’ve stayed in 6 bed dorms), nice coffee are to chill and meet people, WiFi was ok even in the room. Big lockers and air condition are always a plus. I would definitely stay again.

Great location - just 15 minutes walk from the main area but in a street that's quiet enough to be cosy!

Really good place to meet other travellers! Music was a bit loud in our room one night and had a hard time sleeping but I will def be staying here again!

Nice hostel but quiet - the common area is small so if you're looking to meet people its not the best place for that. Rooms and shower were good though and within walking distance of Al, major attractions.

Niras Bangkok hostel was very secure. They had a security 24 hours at the lobby, it made me feel secure. The staff was extremely nice and helpful, they helped me reach kanochaburry on my own and they also sold me a tour. The environment was nice, not extremely lively/ social, since I was single traveler I was hoping to meet more people. The location is about a 15-20 minute walk from khaosan road, but with a tuk- tuk it's only 5 minutes. An amazing restaurant across from the hostel, best food!!!!

• 15th Sep 2014
  • gabzs21
  • Venezuela

very nice staff~ good place and delicious breakfast. good choice to choose here!

The staff at Niras are incredibly helpful! The hostel had a wonderful atmosphere, lots of young backpackers and travelers! The rooms were clean and we really enjoyed our stay there!

• 9th Sep 2014