Niras Bankoc Cultural Hostel Reviews

204-206 Samranrach intersection, opposite to Thipsamai padthai shop , Phra-Nakorn, Bangkok, Thailand

I didn't realise from the reviews how small it was. It was basically a small reception/common area, with not much else except dorms. Also, even though it's "close" to most things, bangkok is still large (and hot) enough to warrant taxi trips/tuktuks to most places. That said, it's a nice standard hostel. Best part was the very friendly and helpful staff.

It is a great place for backpackers, I met a lot nice people there. The location might not be easy to find, but it is cozy to stay and good to explore the city as a start point.

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • Tianwen
  • China

I’ve stayed in Niras in my first two nights in Thailand and decided to come back for the last one. The location is quite nice, walking distance to many touristic spots including Khao San Road. The hostel is clean with good beds (I’ve stayed in 6 bed dorms), nice coffee are to chill and meet people, WiFi was ok even in the room. Big lockers and air condition are always a plus. I would definitely stay again.

Great location - just 15 minutes walk from the main area but in a street that's quiet enough to be cosy!

Really good place to meet other travellers! Music was a bit loud in our room one night and had a hard time sleeping but I will def be staying here again!

Nice hostel but quiet - the common area is small so if you're looking to meet people its not the best place for that. Rooms and shower were good though and within walking distance of Al, major attractions.

Niras Bangkok hostel was very secure. They had a security 24 hours at the lobby, it made me feel secure. The staff was extremely nice and helpful, they helped me reach kanochaburry on my own and they also sold me a tour. The environment was nice, not extremely lively/ social, since I was single traveler I was hoping to meet more people. The location is about a 15-20 minute walk from khaosan road, but with a tuk- tuk it's only 5 minutes. An amazing restaurant across from the hostel, best food!!!!

• 15th Sep 2014
  • gabzs21
  • Venezuela

very nice staff~ good place and delicious breakfast. good choice to choose here!

The staff at Niras are incredibly helpful! The hostel had a wonderful atmosphere, lots of young backpackers and travelers! The rooms were clean and we really enjoyed our stay there!

• 9th Sep 2014

Great place ;)

nice, small and quiet hostel. clean rooms, very big lockers and good location. thank you!

• 2nd Sep 2014

Awesome hostel, great cafe, clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. 👍

Lovely place. Very clean and safe. the staff is great. If you arrive at night the guy won't be able to speak English.

This Hostel is located across the street from some of the best street food you can get in Bangkok, Thip Samai and other competitors. City center is a quick canal boat taxi ride away, and Khao San road is only about a 15 minute walk. This Hostel has a very vintage feel to it, yet also very clean. The cafe downstairs offer the best cake I've ever tasted! All the people you meet, from the staff to the travelers are so nice and It has such a good vive it is addicting. Don't miss out on this place!

Niras is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at! For starters it's the cleanest hostel I've been to. The layout of the hostel makes meeting new friends incredibly easy and the staff was excellent with helping with every need. There's a 7 11 convenience store 4 stores away on the same block and immediately out front of the hostel is a ton of food. There's a large street market vendor section across the street and a Thai famous Thippsamai pad thai across the street as well. Stay here!

Great value for money and very conveniently located (15 minutes to Khao San Road and 25 minutes to the Grand Palace & Wat Pho). It is incredibly clean, there are plenty of showers and the beds and lockers are huge! Rooms and bathrooms were cleaned every day and towels kindly replaced too. The staff were not only helpful, they really went the extra mile to help me get around the city and sort out my travel plans for my next stop. Best hostel I've ever stayed in and perfect for solo travellers.

Very good hostel. Friendly staff, even the guy that doesn't speak English. Saw a cockroach going up the stairs though.

Thank you for your comments, for the insect, we would like to apologize for unexpected , as you found it near the stairs of hallway in the night, we already clean it immediately in the next morning. For the guy who doesn't speak English, he's the security guard, his role is mainly for security not service and not your reception staff, thank you for your kind understanding.

Really good hostel

Thank you for the great review, even you stayed with us very short time , we do hope to welcome you next time and help you enjoy Bangkok. Wish you wonderful journey !

Very good hostel in Bangkok. Atmosphere was very good (many solo travellers), clean, staff that is very helpful and speaks English very well! Beds are comfy, big lockers. Location is good, not in the direct backpackers area but 10 min walk from Ko San Road. Definitely stay here! Because it is usually quite fully booked, early check-in is not possible. Bit more comfortable common room would be nice :)

Loved our stay at Niras. Small but clean and well equipped with very friendly and helpful staff. Would definitely recommend and stay there again. Great location as it's a 15minute walk from the river and opposite a famous pad thai restaurant.

Thank you for your kind comments and recommendation, it's so great to help you enjoy Bangkok old town and tasty Thai food.

« first « Prev 1 2 3