Niras Bankoc Cultural Hostel Reviews

204-206 Samranrach intersection, opposite to Thipsamai padthai shop , Phra-Nakorn, Bangkok, Thailand

nice, small and quiet hostel. clean rooms, very big lockers and good location. thank you!

• 2nd Sep 2014

Awesome hostel, great cafe, clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. 👍

• 2nd Sep 2014

Lovely place. Very clean and safe. the staff is great. If you arrive at night the guy won't be able to speak English.

This Hostel is located across the street from some of the best street food you can get in Bangkok, Thip Samai and other competitors. City center is a quick canal boat taxi ride away, and Khao San road is only about a 15 minute walk. This Hostel has a very vintage feel to it, yet also very clean. The cafe downstairs offer the best cake I've ever tasted! All the people you meet, from the staff to the travelers are so nice and It has such a good vive it is addicting. Don't miss out on this place!

Niras is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at! For starters it's the cleanest hostel I've been to. The layout of the hostel makes meeting new friends incredibly easy and the staff was excellent with helping with every need. There's a 7 11 convenience store 4 stores away on the same block and immediately out front of the hostel is a ton of food. There's a large street market vendor section across the street and a Thai famous Thippsamai pad thai across the street as well. Stay here!

Great value for money and very conveniently located (15 minutes to Khao San Road and 25 minutes to the Grand Palace & Wat Pho). It is incredibly clean, there are plenty of showers and the beds and lockers are huge! Rooms and bathrooms were cleaned every day and towels kindly replaced too. The staff were not only helpful, they really went the extra mile to help me get around the city and sort out my travel plans for my next stop. Best hostel I've ever stayed in and perfect for solo travellers.

Very good hostel. Friendly staff, even the guy that doesn't speak English. Saw a cockroach going up the stairs though.

Thank you for your comments, for the insect, we would like to apologize for unexpected , as you found it near the stairs of hallway in the night, we already clean it immediately in the next morning. For the guy who doesn't speak English, he's the security guard, his role is mainly for security not service and not your reception staff, thank you for your kind understanding.

Really good hostel

Thank you for the great review, even you stayed with us very short time , we do hope to welcome you next time and help you enjoy Bangkok. Wish you wonderful journey !

Very good hostel in Bangkok. Atmosphere was very good (many solo travellers), clean, staff that is very helpful and speaks English very well! Beds are comfy, big lockers. Location is good, not in the direct backpackers area but 10 min walk from Ko San Road. Definitely stay here! Because it is usually quite fully booked, early check-in is not possible. Bit more comfortable common room would be nice :)

Loved our stay at Niras. Small but clean and well equipped with very friendly and helpful staff. Would definitely recommend and stay there again. Great location as it's a 15minute walk from the river and opposite a famous pad thai restaurant.

Thank you for your kind comments and recommendation, it's so great to help you enjoy Bangkok old town and tasty Thai food.

I came alone and I really enjoyed it. It's small but you get to meet more people that way. It's also really cozy and homey if that's what you're looking for.

• 7th Aug 2014
  • ntlavls5018

Good hostel.very clean.The staffs are really very good.But it's a little far from the bts.

Thank you for extending the night with us . For location ,as we are centrally located in the old city. it's 10 min by taxi to BTS station, Thank you for your understanding .

I hate give 100% ratings, but I really have nothing bad to say about this hostel! It's far enough away from the main backer area to get a good night's sleep, but close enough to the area and the main temples for walking or a quick tuk tuk. Would definitely stay here again! Everything from the staff, to the vibe, facilities, beds, and rooms was awesome!

This hostel is the best!

Thank you so much for the perfect score even staying only short time with us. It means a lot to our team .We wish you both very great and safe adventure !

This place was great, it'll be the first place I go when I next visit Thailand.

The hostel is located in an ideal location, Khao San road, The Grand Palace and Wat Pho are all within walking distance. The staff here are lovely, they are really knowledgeable and they are very happy to help you when you require it. The rooms are nice, its is always good to have a big locker to store your things. The hostel had a vintage feel to it, I would definitely stay here again.

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Wales

Thank you for your kind comments and review.We 're very pleased to help you enjoy the city. Hope to see you again next time.

Very nice location in the middle of the old city! Walking distance (25 min) from main attractions such as the Grand Palace and Wat Pho, practically in front of the best Pad Thai in town Thipsamai and 10-15 min taxi drive from Kho San Road. Facilities are very good, spacious rooms, big lockers, thick mattresses, clean sheets and towels and the staff was always very kind and helpful. The best hostel I've been to!

Excellent hostel in Bgkok, stayed here for 3 nights and highly recommend it. It is in the old part of the city so it is near the temples/cultural sights However it is also only a 10 minute walk to Kho San Road if you want to party. The dorms, shared bathrooms all in good condition, air con w lockers and plugs by your bed Grt restaurant across the road, v easy to meet fellow travellers in the common area/cafe V relaxed, friendly and very Thai, no pushy sales of tours etc U can't go wrong

Thank you very much for your both stay with us and very detailed review. Thak you so much for sharing your wonderful experience with other travellers . We 're very pleased to meet you in Bangkok. Good luck !

Really great hostel, especially the staff. They were extremely helpful with providing directions, giving advice on what/where to go etc. The hostel was clean and I especially liked the fact that although we were in a 6 person dorm, the bathrooms were private. I'd definitely recommend this hostel, and in fact am booking again on my return for my last day in Bangkok.

Thank you for your kind compliment and it 's meaningful to our team and service.We 're happy to help you while staying us with local suggestions and glad to know you had great time in Bangkok!

Great hostel for exploring Bangkok. Close enough to Khaosan Road to enjoy all the fun and nightlife but far enough away to actually be able to sleep at night. Staff were top class, ultra friendly and helpful. Great breakfast too. More could be made of the TV room/common area. Overall a great place to stay in BKK!

• 19th Jul 2014