Niras Bankoc Cultural Hostel Reviews

204-206 Samranrach intersection, opposite to Thipsamai padthai shop , Phra-Nakorn, Bangkok, Thailand

The staff here is amazing!! I've stayed here twice now and will definitely book again when I'm back in Bangkok

Awsome backpacker hostel right in the city! Plus they have real cofee! They can help with tour and stuff also. I would'nt recommend the canal boat tour in bangkok since we were supose to go sightseeing and didnt see nothin just a crapy boat ride in poluted water and the guy at the pier pushed us and wanted to puch us out! So no boat ride lol Ended up getting 1/3 of our money after getting the tourist police. But overall this hostel had one of the greatest beds and cofee i had on my trip! Cheers!

Thank you so much for wonderful recommendation. We're pleased to know you liked our bed and thank for seeing the value of our award winning gourmet coffee. We do hope to welcome you again !

Staff is really friendly. Location is nice, close by all the major monuments. This is also outside of the main tourist street Khao San road, which is a plus for me. For the ones who want to go out in Khao San, this is still at a walking distance!

Friendly staff and super clean rooms with own locker for backpack and valuables!!

• 7th Jan 2014

Nice place wit everything you need, good organized, friendly staff and reasonable location. The place is nothing special but I would stay there again.

15 mins walk to the tourist spots. Great food across the street. The staff is really friendly. The common area is small, but met some cool people hanging out there.

Friendly staff and nice rooms. We were six people and stayed in a dorm which was perfect for us. The room was really clean and for a hostel there was enough space. Locationwise it is quite okay, the Grand Palace is about 15-20 minutes by foot. All in all I would recommend this hostel.

• 28th Dec 2013
  • Austria

Thank you for the review and detailed description regarding our location . It's very kind of you .We 're glad you had great time with us .Wish you good luck with your future trip !

Niras bankoc is quite Good... The place not far from the boat canal... But also Not too close.. Its reachable by walk for about 10 minutes... Khaosan road is 15minutes far... Not many people know the hostel... So its quite hard to find niras bankoc, since i arrive at such a late time at 10pm. I love the quite surrounding and many traditional food stalls around it... But.. I love the boat transportation.. Would recomend it.. To any friend of mine, that searching cultural travelling.

Thank you for understanding the " cultural " concept and old city charm. Thank you again for your recommendation .

I love the staff and atmosphere... Great location... I will be back soon :)

Thank you so much.Your score means a lot to us and thank you for the second booking.Hope to welcome you again soon in a few days !

This is the best hostel in Bangkok! I stayed here on four separate occasions and each time I was so happy with the service, cleanliness, security, location,and atmosphere of the place. The women who work the front desk are so helpful and nice. I had really bad food poisoning and was travelling alone, my mother (embarrassingly enough) e mailed them to please check on me and they e mailed her back immediately with a full report on how I was doing. You can't get that kind of hospitality anywhere!

Thank you very much for staying with us every time in Bangkok and always thinking about our property. We're very pleased to accommodate and serve you .Thank you again for seeing our service and values.Your review means a lot to us !

La ubicacion no muy buena, no hay nada que hacer cerca, los baños bastante sucios y las habitaciones huelen como baños, debes de dejar los zapatos al entrar y claro es valido siempre y cuando este limpio, es desagradable estar descalzo en un lugar tan sucio y en baños inundados, no muy buena experiencia

Based on your discontent about our custom, our floor is old teak wood, we do hope all guests will respect and see the value of preserved property and for cleanliness purpose, take shoes off in resident area as Thai custom . It's very disappointing that guests could not accept and did not follow our policy.

Really nice atmosphere and staff. Frustrating that you have to take a cab/tuktuk every time you want to get in to the city centre, when in rush hour it's around 20-30 min and 70-90 baht to Siam.

Good location, good beds, most of the times a hot shower.. No breakfast included, could have a breakfast there but was not so special. Overall it was a good stay for a good price.

My room was next to toilet so it was smelling.

• 17th Dec 2013
  • Turkey

We understand overall low score was not only from shared bathroom, we will contact you directly for clarify key reason and discontent .Firstly, we think it's normal practice for shared bathroom to located next the dorm room for guest's convenience. and secondly please understand that it's shared bathroom used by many guests , the fact that we do have cleanliness standard to check and clean it at least 3 times a day.

nice cafe, beds too hard, everything too basic, doors very thin, shared bathroom/shower not very attractive, windowless rooms... if you want basic, there are better deals in khao san. the fact that this is "cultural" doesn't convince.

Thank you for review .We understand this's based on discontent from sudden cancellation and we could not refund you .Secondly, we understand that budget room and old city location might not be fit to your luxury preference and hip night life.We'd like to clarify " cultural ", our role to promote guests about Thai culture, help them to experience( eat and pay like local ) , located in the heart of the old city and lastly it's from the hostel character of retro Thai style.

I found it strange that a place that is "relatively" more expensive didn't fix the broken shower-head on the 1st floor over the 3 days that I was there. All the shower water heaters in the building have been tampered with and the owners have set them at a less-than-comfortable lukewarm temperature. They have a female only room and a "mixed" room, which is essentially a male room, but oh yeah boring couples are allowed because it's "mixed" after all. Breakfast not included, nothing.

Thank you for your comments .We would like to clarify some misunderstanding issues as below : 1. It's a bit pity that we haven't informed regarding broken shower head As we checked it immediately, it still works properly. 2.Regarding temperature of shower water, are not controlled by us but it's manually adjusted by all guests. 3. Mixed dorm is budget and comfortable choice for solo and couple guests. We do hope other guests will respect couple who staying in mixed dorm.

every time I am in bkk I stay in this hostel. simple awesome! recommend

Thank you very much for your kindness and always choosing us every time you visited Bangkok. Hope to see you again in the future . Wish you good luck !

Well worth the price. Perfect walking distance to kohsan so not right in the hustle and bustle of it. Very comfy beds and clean rooms with a lovely coffee shop downstairs perfect to make new friends. Staff are also very helpful. You can also buy the best pad thai just over the road from the hostel.

Thank you for your comments regarding value for money , cafe and seeing value of our location. It's great for us to help you out and see you again next time .

Nice hostel at a nice coffee shop, key deposit is a bit ridiculous at 300 baht. Good facilities and good location. Due to the hostel staff also serving coffee they are sometimes a bit distracted.

Thank you for your comments and all positive comments. Kindly clarify that for key deposit of 300 baht, it's standard in Bangkok and our key holder is valuable as unique design by Thai artist. Regarding our staffs, we do hope guests will understand and be patient as we also doing as barista as our hostel serves premium coffee at front as well. Hope to welcome you next time !

Nice, clean hostel with really friendly and helpful staff. It's quiet enough to be able to relax, but busy enough to be able to meet people easily too.

Nothing is more wonderful than the perfect review and great score as award and it's very encouraging to our team.Thank you so much for your last stay , so nice to see you and hope to serve you next time!