Niras Bankoc Cultural Hostel Reviews

204-206 Samranrach intersection, opposite to Thipsamai padthai shop , Phra-Nakorn, Bangkok, Thailand

Really liked this place. The staff was very friendly and always helped us getting directions. They would hand us little pieces of paper with locations I'm thai and English to give to cabs / Tuk tuks. It helped a lot.

The location of the hostel is perfect. Across the street from a famous Pad Thai restaurant and walking distance from the royal palace, china town, khaosan road, and many other major attractions. The staff is super friendly. They'll will sit around and chat with you and help you out with anything you need. Good vibe, easy to meet other travelers. Rooms were air conditioned and very clean, big beds. Only downside is they were doing renovations during my stay, so it had noise and a strong smell.

I really liked my stay in Niras backpacker hostel. It is very clean, the staff is extremely helpful, good wifi and it is good located.

• 8th Jan 2016

It was my first time in Bangkok and I was a bit worried about the hostel: location, security, value for money etc. but I was very pleased to find very helpful staff at reception; the girls were always there to help me out and suggest things. The hostel is kept very clean. Very good shower and the room has big locker were you can put everything and make it tidy and nice. Air conditioning works really well. Recommended for sure :)

Very good staff, they were so kind and helpful. Nice and clean rooms and bathroom.

Very nice and clean beds, toilets and bath. Every guest gets a big locker and a clean towel. Staff very helpful with what to do in Bangkok and how to get around. Good wifi.

• 5th Jan 2016
  • Denmark

Under renovation, so not nearly as nice as it used to. Met good people there though.

Great hostel because it has excellent facilities, friendly staff and good wifi. It's near a few eating establishments and it's easy to walk to Bangkok's backpacker district, without having to live in a really noisy part of town. A good breakout space to socialise in and relatively easy to get to and from the airport. If I stayed in Bangkok again, I'd certainly hit the place up and recommend it to fellow backpackers. Good work!

Loved it ! Wonderful, beautiful, helpful staff! Location was a bit far from things, but near some really awesome food:):)

We really enjoyed our stay! Great staff, very accommodating and helpful with giving us tips on where to eat and places to go. If I ever visit Bangkok again, I know where to stay!

• 1st Jan 2016

Pleasant stay and good location. Celebrated New Year's Eve and we had an awesome time. We've also met nice people at Niras.

Beautiful hostel in an old house. All wooden floors. Beds are comfortable. Showers are great. I arrived late, late, and the security guard wanted me to leave my passport at the front desk. I convinced him to take a pictureof it instead. If you are arriving late, might be a good idea to bring a photocopy of your passport. Day staff are very friendly and helpful.

Cute little cafe looking hostel. It was nice enough but it was under construction and was hard to spot. Staff made up for it as they were nice and very helpful.

Very clean, great toilets and showers, rooms are kept very cool, very clean. Not a lot of common areas but fantastic amenities and I managed to meet people hanging around. Staff was super helpful with buses and all

Comfortable beds with nice sheets, great AC, and clean bathrooms with good showers. The staff are all great and very friendly. It's in a good part of town, not too far from sights and activities. Quiet place, but with a good group and easy enough to meet people. Recommended for sure.

Beautifully decorated hostel in prime location - near Khao San Road and the main buddhist temples. Comfortable beds and good AC with huge personal locker. Love the whole feel of the place... awesome experience! Girls at reception are cute and friendly too ;)

We've here for a night. It's not bad at all. Staffs are helpful!

The staff at this hostel are so incredibly helpful and will go above and beyond when you ask for assistance. The hostel is nice as well. The location is ideal, it's close to a famous Pad Thai restaurant, a quiet park, a beautiful temple and it's within walking distance of Khaosan Road. I was a little apprehensive about staying in a hostel, but I'd gladly come back to this one.

• 14th Dec 2015

If you're looking to rest, it's a great place. If you're looking to party and meet new people, it's a great place for that too. The staff is awesome, too!

Thank you so much for your comments and the perfect score. It means a lot to our team. Hope you good luck and great adventure !

This hostel is down the street from one of, if not THE best pad thai restaurants in Thailand. It's also within walking distance of many of the city's sites. If not, it's a cheap tuk tuk ride from where you want to go. The staff was friendly and the hostel has a nice feel to it. They were renovating while we were there, so the place was a little messy.