Niras Bankoc Cultural Hostel Reviews

204-206 Samranrach intersection, opposite to Thipsamai padthai shop , Phra-Nakorn, Bangkok, Thailand

We only stayed one night but we found this was a great hostel! Very cute, clean and comfortable rooms. The staff were excellent. They were very kind, helpful and good at English. Everything was very clean. The cafe was also very cute and a great way to meet people. It was a bit more expensive then the other places we have stayed around Asia but it was worth the money. I Couldn't recommend more!

Thank you for the honest comments regarding our property. Only one night stay but means a lot to us . We had good chance to welcome and help you. The review with perfect score encourages all members of our team to maintain good service with sincerity.

Great place to stay near Koh Soan road. Was about a 15 minute walk. Some smaller temples close by to see as well. Only thing I did not like about the hostel was that the common area was a little small. other than that, great place! They provide locks on your cabinet for your stuff so no need to worry about carrrying a lock for this place. Great staff!

• 4th May 2014

Thank you for the kind review regarding our central location and cultural sites , it's great to know you enjoyed your stay with us and hostel facilities .Wish you great trip !

One of the staff members went out with us one night showing us around. I had a great time out there and would come back again.

Thank you for writing us the nice review, our staffs were happy to make your time in Bangkok the most enjoyable .Really appreciate that you remembered us .Hope to see you next time in Bangkok.

Hands down the nicest, friendliest hostel I've ever stayed at. I had a long layover in Bangkok the week after I stayed here, and so I came back to hang out. The woman at the front desk remembered me and made me Thai tea and fried little donut things. The location is perfect too: it's walking distance from Koh San road, but it's far enough that you're away from all the craziness.

Thank you for being one of the most cheerful and funniest guest we ever met. Thank you for the wonderful friendshiip and it's very great opportunity to meet you in Bangkok for two occasions of your stay .

The location is great near from most touristic attractions and good restaurants! Staff is really friendly and helpful! definetly an amazing hostel to stay!

Thank you for your last stay , we 're glad you loved our historical site location and night food street in front of us. Hope to welcome you in the next stay !

Great hostel, staff were friendly and helpful, the dorm was spacious and comfortable, good showers.

We're glad that you liked our atmosphere and service . Thank you very much for your kind review .

We loved staying at this hostel! My sister and I booked a 6 mixed dorm for 3 nights and we wished we had booked the same hostel on the way back! The rooms were clean and very spacious( unlike some other hostels) but I thought the bunk beds where a bit too high.The bathrooms were cleaned regularly and were right outside the room. The reception/ cafe area was cozy and a good relaxed setting for meeting and making new friends. Staff were very friendly and there's great street food near by.

Thank you for the review with lot of wonderful details. Regarding bunk bed, it's tailor made, it's special height for the guests who comfortably stayed in the bottom as well.We will keep quality of the service and quality. Hope to welcome you on the way back.

I loved my stay at Niras Bankoc.Staff really nice and friendly.Location great.Short walk from Khao San Road,Wat Po.Very clean,peacefull.Its little bit confusing at first time when You get there,but later You will be amazed how easy it is to get there.And from there to any attractions around.It attracts really friendly and nice backpackers.And stairs are not a killer :) Definitely coming back next year to Niras Bankoc.

Have been back 3 times throughout my trip and everytime was greeted with smiles, comfy beds, good wifi and clean bathrooms. Always new people to meet in the cafe downstairs. Would recommend to anyone who wants a clean comfortable place to relax after a crazy day in Bangkok. See you guys again next week!

It's very kind of you for being our regular guest. It's always nice to see you everytime you stayed with us and had great time . We were happy to help you and hope to welcome you again in the future .Have a good trip !

This hotel was very cool and unique. I loved the look of the place. I didn't expect it to be a 'boutique' hostel. It is worth the stay! There was free breakfast/drink vouchers and a cafe at reception. The location is pretty good, most tourist spots are within walking distance and the staff knows what's up with anything if you got any questions. The washrooms were decent; The only downside was that the faucet pipes were leaking and the water took very long to drain after a shower. Everything good

Thank you for seeing our unique values of artistic and boutique style. We're glad that you liked lots of our features . Regarding the pipes, we will check immediately .Thank you again for your last stay .

Not young people there, not your typical hostel where you can have a good laugh and drink with people. Location is brilliant though, less than 10 mins walk to Koh San Road, Tuk Tuk is a 5 min ride for 50 baht. Staff are really nice though, and it is a very nice looking place, but just not for me.

Thank you for your comments. We are the " cultural " hostel by clearly the name of our hostel. We are definitely not party drunken hostel but friendly to most of guests are always young travellers who love culture and peaceful local lifestyle. Thank you for your understanding.

Nice hostel with helpful staff, ten minutes away from the backpacker area - close enough to walk to but far enough away to escape from! Large lockers in the room and nice facilities with a TV lounge and café bar

Thank you for your last stay and kind comments. We 're glad you liked features of our property . I'ts good to know you had very good time with us . Wish you good luck and hope to see you again !

This hostel was a wonderful, very quiet place to stay during my visit to Bangkok. All the taxi drivers I used knew exactly where the hostel was located and the famous pad thai shop is just a short walk away. The facilities were incredibly clean and well-kept. The security guard was also incredibly nice! There wasn't too much communal activity while I was there - it might have just been the timing, but I barely saw any other guests. I did get an entire five bed dorm to myself though!

Thank you for your kind comments about our hostel and it's great to welcome solo traveller like you .Regarding social atmosphere,we are social and firendlyt .However, it's from room arrangement , other rooms were full with other groups during you stayed. Thank you again for your last stay.

very charming hostel, easy walking distance to alot of tourist locations and they give an easy to read map. Surrounded by great food!

Thank you for the perfect score, it means a lot to our team and it shows your impression to our hostel . We 're glad to help you to enjoy our city. Hope to see you again !

The staff were very friendly and helpful every one of them. It was very clean. The shower were not that great and the beds are hard and squeek a lot when you move. Also the coffee shop was a nice place to hang out and the coffee was very good.

• 12th Feb 2014

Thank you for your comments about our staffs' service and atmosphere Secondly, for the shower, it's been fixed.However, regarding the beds. we already checked them , they are still in normal condition.Thank you again for your last stay .

Staff nice and long-suffering ;). With 40 bath you are in Khao San Road. 15 minutes walk you are on the main area (Wat Po, Wat Arun, Royal Palace, ...) The hostel is near the BEST Pad-Thai in the world --> really worth it.

We 're glad that you liked our helpful service and best selection of local food around our hostel. Hope to see you again and come back to have great time as last time !

I really love this.The hostel has its lovely coffee shop, then there's a very famous padthai shop 20m near. Room and bathroom are extremely clean, feel like a home. Staffs are tender, nice and friendly. In addition, I'm addicted to its antique beauty with wooden floor and doors....

Thank you for your wonderful comments. We 're glad that you loved our antique and twisted style of decor and unique atmosphere . Wish you good luck and great trip !

Niras was great. Good location, about a 15 minute walk to anywhere you want to go. Staff is delightful. Definitely try hard to make you feel welcome, No kitchen you can use, more of a cafe setting...and they make excellent lattes, etc. I stayed in a private room, clean and spacious with air con, though no window.

Thank you for the last stay and it's our nice experience too to welcome you as true traveller. Thank you for seeing the values of our place and location. We were happy to assist you for explore Bangkok .

Very friendly staff in a pretty cool part of Bangkok! Excellent coffee and facilities!

• 7th Feb 2014
  • Norway

Thank you for your comments about our service, location and our awarding winning coffee. Thank you again for last stay !

No complaints! The hostel reminds me of the museum interior and it is so clean. Staff cannot be more helpful when it comes to local information. Their Thai tea is also superb! Cafe downstairs is a perfect spot to chat up and meet other travelers.

Thank you very much for the perfect score , it's wonderful to welcome the traveller who can see the values and beauty of art like you . Thank you for kind comments about our service too .