Niras Bankoc Cultural Hostel Reviews

204-206 Samranrach intersection, opposite to Thipsamai padthai shop , Phra-Nakorn, Bangkok, Thailand

Loved our stay at Niras. Small but clean and well equipped with very friendly and helpful staff. Would definitely recommend and stay there again. Great location as it's a 15minute walk from the river and opposite a famous pad thai restaurant.

Thank you for your kind comments and recommendation, it's so great to help you enjoy Bangkok old town and tasty Thai food.

I came alone and I really enjoyed it. It's small but you get to meet more people that way. It's also really cozy and homey if that's what you're looking for.

• 7th Aug 2014
  • ntlavls5018

Good hostel.very clean.The staffs are really very good.But it's a little far from the bts.

Thank you for extending the night with us . For location ,as we are centrally located in the old city. it's 10 min by taxi to BTS station, Thank you for your understanding .

I hate give 100% ratings, but I really have nothing bad to say about this hostel! It's far enough away from the main backer area to get a good night's sleep, but close enough to the area and the main temples for walking or a quick tuk tuk. Would definitely stay here again! Everything from the staff, to the vibe, facilities, beds, and rooms was awesome!

This hostel is the best!

Thank you so much for the perfect score even staying only short time with us. It means a lot to our team .We wish you both very great and safe adventure !

This place was great, it'll be the first place I go when I next visit Thailand.

The hostel is located in an ideal location, Khao San road, The Grand Palace and Wat Pho are all within walking distance. The staff here are lovely, they are really knowledgeable and they are very happy to help you when you require it. The rooms are nice, its is always good to have a big locker to store your things. The hostel had a vintage feel to it, I would definitely stay here again.

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Wales

Thank you for your kind comments and review.We 're very pleased to help you enjoy the city. Hope to see you again next time.

Very nice location in the middle of the old city! Walking distance (25 min) from main attractions such as the Grand Palace and Wat Pho, practically in front of the best Pad Thai in town Thipsamai and 10-15 min taxi drive from Kho San Road. Facilities are very good, spacious rooms, big lockers, thick mattresses, clean sheets and towels and the staff was always very kind and helpful. The best hostel I've been to!

Excellent hostel in Bgkok, stayed here for 3 nights and highly recommend it. It is in the old part of the city so it is near the temples/cultural sights However it is also only a 10 minute walk to Kho San Road if you want to party. The dorms, shared bathrooms all in good condition, air con w lockers and plugs by your bed Grt restaurant across the road, v easy to meet fellow travellers in the common area/cafe V relaxed, friendly and very Thai, no pushy sales of tours etc U can't go wrong

Thank you very much for your both stay with us and very detailed review. Thak you so much for sharing your wonderful experience with other travellers . We 're very pleased to meet you in Bangkok. Good luck !

Really great hostel, especially the staff. They were extremely helpful with providing directions, giving advice on what/where to go etc. The hostel was clean and I especially liked the fact that although we were in a 6 person dorm, the bathrooms were private. I'd definitely recommend this hostel, and in fact am booking again on my return for my last day in Bangkok.

Thank you for your kind compliment and it 's meaningful to our team and service.We 're happy to help you while staying us with local suggestions and glad to know you had great time in Bangkok!

Great hostel for exploring Bangkok. Close enough to Khaosan Road to enjoy all the fun and nightlife but far enough away to actually be able to sleep at night. Staff were top class, ultra friendly and helpful. Great breakfast too. More could be made of the TV room/common area. Overall a great place to stay in BKK!

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

Lovely place to stay and we were allowed to check in really early because our room was ready!

Thank you for the review. We were very pleased to offer you " early check in " as the room was ready before check in time and hope you found the full relaxation with it . Wish you very good travel !

My favorite hostel!

Super friendly and helpful staff, great facilities and good location! Best hostel I stayed in, a bit too quiet but that was what I was looking for booking here anyways.

• 17th Jul 2014

The staff were really friendly. The location is close to a lot of the things you might want to do in Bangkok, but is a bit obscure and some taxi drivers might not know exactly how to get there.

Great staff, great location, pretty much perfect. Has air conditioning with locker in room. And has soap and shampoo in the showers. Loved my stay!

• 10th Jul 2014

Thank you for perfect score and your long stay with us . Most of all, being kind and very friendly to all of our staffs , Hope to welcome you and your buddy again! Wish you great adventure !

positiv: -small café in Lobby -Location is brilliant -every day roomservice - really good and big locker negativ: - no lounge to relax - the door's of the rooms are awful (wild west style)

• 9th Jul 2014

Thank you for yor comments.Firstly, the place for our guests to relax is cafe and common room, we 're sorry that we are not the hotel to offer lounge .Secondly , according to cultural preference and hostel's unique style, please kindly understand that our door is special decor of Thai retro style not American wild west style as you mentioned .

Location was not what I thought it would be - kind of out of the way Staff - lady at the front desk was a bit condescending on arrival Facilties - beds are comfy and lockers are big, bathrooms and showers large and clean, common area very comfortable and inviting, building itself is lovely on the inside

Thank you for the reveiw .For the location, we are "Cultural hostel ", it's perfect for the guests who love culture and spend time to enjoy local life and attractions by walking . We are located in the center of old city, it might not be perfect for persons who prefer busy city urban life and party areas . For staff, with comment " a bit condescending", it's rather unclear details for us to improve the service , we do hope to hear further details from you what's her fault to disappoint you.

The staff is really good. I enjoyed my time there. It was a bit expensive actually to the options available in Bangkok and the breakfast was expensive for Bangkok standarts as well.

My favorite hostel! The staff is so friends and helpful. Everything is really clean and the reception area is so nice to sit at

• 3rd Jul 2014

Thank you for your long stay with us and we are really happy to be one of your favorite hostels. Good luck with your travel and great fun!