Nui. Hostel & Bar Lounge Reviews

2-14-13, Kuramae, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Such a great hostel to meet all sorts of people! A lot of locals frequent the bar so it's a great place to hang out

Nui Hostel was a fantastic hostel to stay at. Before our visit every email i sent with questions was answered straight away, when we arrived we found it our favourite hostel in Japan. Security was good, the beds in our dorms had curtains and power points. Bathrooms were always clean and tidy and staff all spoke English.

Nui was great! Asakusa is a good location, but if you're looking for nightlife you're better off in Shinjuku. However, Nui is located a 2 minute walk from the metro that connects you to every area you need to go. The hostel was very clean at all times- It is probably the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in! Staff were friendly and it was great having a bar in the hostel!

Very nice hostel, with a very chilled out and mellow atmosphere. Very nice staff, recommend it to anyone that wants a chilled out stay in Tokyo.

Very hip and young atmosphere. Facilities are always clean and staff are super friendly! Food at bar is cheap and yummy. Perfect, affordable stay for solo travellers or even a group of friends.

• 23rd Dec 2013

Great atmosphere and frendly staff.

i stayed there for 2 nights. overally it was great. staff are really kind and helpful!!

Only stayed here for one night on my stopover to Kyoto but I wish I had stayed longer! The staff was so helpful, they kept reception open later for me when my plane got delayed so I didn't have to get locked out. Great food and atmosphere with other backpackers, will definitely stay here again if/when I return to Tokyo!

Amazing staff and fantastic bar! I got hugs from all the staff when I left and to their goodbye and "arigato!" chorus I nearly welled up. They went the extra mile in every way and the food and drinks menu is really brilliant. Just be careful you don't fall over the random tree trunks and be prepared for a dented futon. Bit of a young crowd (18-21s) at times which was a bit wearing but otherwise amazing bar which is open later than others in the area! WIN!

This hostel is AMAZING! It so well designed throughout the entire hostel. Every single of one of the staff are super friendly and they have amazing amenities like a kitchen, dining ares, computers, reading area and even a bar! There is a shared bathroom at every level so it is extremely convenient. Rooms are ultra comfortable, a tad squeezy if you have 2 huge luggages and super clean. The place is also near the metro station and very easy to locate with the map provided on their website!

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Bar was great, although not all that busy. Good coffee and pastries for breakfast. Good location, rooms were comfy. No complaints.

You ever see that skit on Portlandia about the cool hotel? If you haven't, watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsg_2WrNOHU In all seriousness, the hostel is cool; the bar is really well stocked, the bartenders are great, and the downstairs acts as a restaurant and coffee shop, so the quality of food and coffee is good. It's not that far from the train station, so it's easy to get to Roppongi or Shinjuku. Note: The last review was written by my pal, please ignore his comment.

Wonderful place!

Nui Hostel is pretty conveniently located in the Asakusa area and easy to find. When you walk into the place, it has a cosy laid-back vibe that's great for chilling out.

• 7th Dec 2013
  • Singapore

This is a wonderful place to stay. It's easy to find from the airport, and close to the subway to get around the rest of the city. The staff is friendly and informative. The cafe is great, and I really enjoyed the bar at night. Clean rooms and bathrooms. Comfy beds, with curtains for privacy.

Wonderful place, friendly staffs and excellent location.

Wash basin without hot water during the winter time really is a pullback. The rest of my nights there was awesome. Definitely a must stay place in Tokyo.

Modern and clean hostel with great bathrooms. Was cold at night though.

Very cool place, with a rather flash bar and clean dorms. Would highly reccomend this place for a stay in Tokyo.

AMAZING! This would be the only place I would stay in Tokyo. So close to public transport, super clean and the staff are lovely. The interior is amazing and the bar has ridiculously cheap drinks and delicious food.