Nuova Locanda Belvedere Reviews

Via Mezzacapo 1, Marghera, Venice, Veneto, Italy

quite good :) staffs were nice, and easy to find from Mestre

• 4th Apr 2014
  • South Korea

Very simple and basic. Wifi is only available in the common room which was a little disappointing, especially as it is so cold in there. Showers were excellent. Rooms were lovely. Most comfortable bunk beds I've been on in my two months of backpacking.

the location is not in the venice city itself... you need to travel by bus or 1 stop train to get to venice... some might find it great, but others might not...

Cheap, clean, not so far from venice- min with bus/1,30E ticket. I can recommend it- btw they give you some good advices, so listen to them ;]

Its 10 minutes away from Venice center by train.

The wifi its completely usuless not working at all!!

In venezia there are two stations, one Venezia Santa Lucia and the other Venezia Mestre. they are very near, like 8 minutes by train and the ticket costs no more than 1.50 euros, what we know of Venezia is in Venezia Santa Lucia and the hostal is near to Venezia Mestre. The instruccions to get there for me weren't clear enough but with the map is to much better.

Its a really good hostel, very clean and quiet, not far from bus/pizzeria/train station. I had booked a 5 bed room, because it's in the off season time, the staff has given me a three bed room private. If there is a little problem, I want to say in late november it's not so warm in the big room.

• 30th Nov 2013
  • China

I felt like at home, it is so cosy.

• 28th Nov 2013
  • China

Loved the terrace.... Want to come back in the summer to enjoy that place!!!

As a college student traveling to see Venice, it was a perfect stay. The staff was very helpful and accommodating for the weekend that we stayed. The woman that assisted us helped us understand our location in reference to the bus station and the metro as well as a wonderful little pizza joint nearby. It is right outside of Venice and easy to get around. We spent little time in the hotel but it provided us with everything that we needed!

No atmosphere in this hostel. No cooking facilities. Also in a really dodgy neighbourhood. The girl on reception was nice but reception was barely staffed and the staff were usually nowhere to be found.

There was a very relaxed vibe during my stay. The owner was very nice, and courteous. Although the hostel is about 6 miles outside the island of Venice, it was only a 10 minute easy bus ride in, and it's much better than paying a fortune to stay on the island. Laundrymat was located 10 feet away! Big plus. Local coffee shop/bar/cafe located 2 blocks away. Overall, great neighborhood. I highly recommend.

I would not recommend this to a traveller. While the lady who appears to run the whole operation seems lovely and was helpful, the overall experience was not great. No lockers in the rooms, front desk was never attended, and I woke up with strange bug bites on my arm and leg. Reasonable location if you need to be near a train station though.

DO NOT GO THERE - Showers didn't work in rooms. 6 beds crammed into small space so even towards end October hot in the room. Picked up bed bugs as this was the only place I had to store my rucksack under bed on floor as there were no lockers for valuables. If your roommates didn't lock door well...... Not a nice area at night to travel alone but only 30 mins by bus to Venice!

first of all you have made ​​a reservation with shared bathroom, so I don't know why you claim the bathroom in the room? clearly it's written on our website that we don't have lockers , we don't have and never had rooms with 6 beds, to go to venice are up to 10 minutes,.... when you left why didn't say nothing about bed bugs?because we don't have bed bugs...

Basic but perfect for visiting venice. Really lovely and very helpful woman running the hotel. Easy to find from the airport and very easy to get a bus into venice from here. Clean hotel and very helpful staff

The hostel is clean and tidy. The staff is very nice, she taught me how to get to the main island by bus or train clearly and patiently. The common room is a nice place to meet different travellers. The wifi signal in the bed room is weak sometimes. Still, I enjoy my stay a lot.

This is Italy. I have no experience travel in Italy and even don´t think of it in the future. price are high, facilities are old. I just stopby here to go Beautiful Slovenia.

it was comfortable staying there. if there's security locker, it would be even better.

Receptionist was very nice and helpful. Taking the 10 minute train into venice wasn't too bad, and the bus runs all night so you can stay out as late as you like. Pretty cheap accomodation for venice!