Nuova Locanda Belvedere Reviews

Via Mezzacapo 1, Marghera, Venice, Italy

They had a lovely cat called Garfield which made the hostel a million times better

It's an okay hostel to stay in. It's located on the mainland about 5 min from train and bus from Venice (20min ride or so). It's okay for the money and I stayed there because it was crazy expensive to stay in the actual city. But for just sleeping it's okay. There is no kitchen and water from the vending machine is kind of overpriced. But for sleeping for a coupe of nights and checking out Venice it's perfect. Ps supermarket (lidl) close by. Pps okay common area

This hostel is about a 10 minute train ride away from the city centre so it's super easy to access. I was in a three bed room with a fan and that got extremely over heated. Also our room was in a seperate building which was a little annoying. No wifi in rooms - only in common area and no kitchen. Very basic facilities. Over all a decent place to stay, staff were okay and as a backpacker it was quite good.

It was really close to Mestre Station by walk. The area may not be the safest but because it is close to center it may not be a problem. However when we went to hostel, the receptionist ( who was a sweet lady) told us that they does not have enough room in their hostel so we had to stay in a hotel where is opposite to this hostel. Although the hotel was a third-star one, we paid the same amount. We could not stay at the belvedere hostel but I can say that it seemed to me preferable

• 15th Jul 2015
  • Turkey

The hostel was in a very very sketchy area on the mainland. It's much more than a 5 minute walk to the station to get a train or bus to Venice. Staff not there overnight and everyone has a key to the front door. Facilities were pretty lacking, the bathrooms were quite disgusting and the place was VERY hot. I would spend the money to stay somewhere more comfortable in Venice.

The staff were some of the friendliest I've met on my travels. The bathrooms are cleaned everyday and the room we stayed in was air conditioned at night. The hostel was close to the bus which only took about 15 min to get to the island. If they had a kitchen or even a microwave I would have loved this place.

Staff is amazing! The owner of the place is very nice, caring, and always cleaning! The location is right next to the bus stop to go into town. There isn't much to the hostel and it's very small, there is no microwave, or any kitchen utilities at all. However there is a grocery store close!

Staff were lovely and very helpful. Basic hostel, easy to get into the centre of Venice by bus. Be careful when you are booking, some rooms have aircon and others have fans. It was very hot in the room with a fan, and heaps of mosquitoes, make sure you bring repellent.

Please put wifi in the rooms. Also the rooms are too small for five beds. Otherwise I liked the staff.

• 11th Jul 2015

We loved this place - the staff were really kind and helpful (especially the woman), there was a cute little kitty, not too far from the island (bus stop is close to hostel), the terrace was great for socialising. Only real downside was the lack of kitchen but there was a cheap restaurant nearby. Quiet area :)

the guy on the front desk was so nice, we checked out in the morning but had a night train that night so he let us stay on the terrace till our train, have a shower and even gave us cups and a cork screw for our wine, top guy! also, hostel is 5 minute walk t train station which was perfect

Rampant false advertising! The hostel is close to the Mestre station (a 10 minute train ride from the city), but that's where the pros end. NO air conditioning (opened window at night + fan, but got eaten alive by mosquitoes. They told us AC is for more expensive rooms.). The wifi only works in a small common room. Also, I was assigned to a room in a building ~half a block away from the actual hostel. I WOULD have said "okay for the money" but I'm in a cheap hostel now and it's way better.

25 min trip to Venice on train + Walk. Air con only on during night so being that rooms are boiling. Bathrooms were highlight being pretty clean and renovated. No kitchen just w fridge that didn't keep things cold so put stuff in freezer. So many Mosquitos too. Seems like the room i got was dodgier than the rest coz I saw others and the beds and general furniture looked newer. My room was pretty bad Staff were also a highlight. Fantastic intro of how to get to Venice and to supermarket etc.

no air conditioner in summer. Only fan is provided and that poor electricity not even enough for a room of 5 . no wifi at room. location is good though. Fair price.

• 5th Jul 2015
  • Hong Kong

Basic needs were met. Mosquitos are a nuisance but air con in the room is nice. Met really great people here but it's sometimes a hit or miss.

too much flies,very hot rooms

train is the cheapest way to the island unless you buy the tourist travel pass rooms were extremely hot and had a tiny fan. two doors to get through to get to your stuff but most of the time they were unlocked

A decent place to spend a night. Nothing special, but the place is just fine. Staff was friendly.

Hostel is a 10 minute ride to the city, very tight rooms, friendly and helpful staff.

There are not individual lockers.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5