Nuova Locanda Belvedere Reviews

Via Mezzacapo 1, Marghera, Venice, Italy

Very friendly, relaxed and helpful staff. The location is great as its just 5 min outside of Venice and buses come very frequently.

• 14th Aug 2014

Good hostel friendly staff. But no towels. Near the bus station where you can take a bus to venice for 1.30 euro.

They had 2 different bildings. One looked very nice - especially the bathrooms.. the other one however was much worse.. no actual shower and huge bugs in the bathroom and it smelled bad... i don't think there was a price dofference and we couldn'd choose the bilding..

Was a last minute decision to change where I was staying and to stay here instead. Good location close to Mestre train station. Stayed with lots of friendly people and the guy running the hostel was willing to help. Also a laundromat 10 second walk which was a god send

I had a strikingly uncomfortable stay here. I made the mistake of lying down on another bed in my room when one staff member walked in with two guests, saw me not on my own bed, and told me to get off. At most hostels, the confrontation would end here. But this staff member called me out repeatedly for my mistake, and without hesitation demanded at 25€ fee(more than my own bed fee) to change sheets. My experience reflects the character of the staff. They do not recognize that mistakes happen.

1. Great directions to the hostel. 2. Easy to reach centre at day or night. 3. Clean room.

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Lithuania

Nice place and facilities especially showers. About 10 min strain to Venice. The staff were helpful when asked. Guy was a bit creepy though

The hostel is not right in the city center, but hostel in city center is pretty much not in existence so the location is not bad at all. It's also very close to the train station within walking distance. The two receptionists were not your typical teenager type of hostel receptionist but in my opinion it's actually better. They do a lot more work and more mature in dealing with things. Both of them were very nice. All in all it's very good value for your money and I will stay there again.

This is a Hotel not a hostel - just a bed to rest, not much more. The guy on reception was helpful though.

Room and bathroom were clean and tidy. Staff was very helpful. The only downside was that the room was really hot, even with the air conditioning. Oh, and a locker would be nice. Hug from Brazil/London (:

I think the location is great! Venice (the island) is REALLY hard to navigate and there are no taxis, so it just be really hard to find your place when you've just arrived (if you're staying on the island). But this place is at Venice Mestre, which is way easier to navigate. The hotel is 10 Imin from train station so you can get on the island for free with eurail or interail. It's cheaper than anything else. Plus, location is less touristic (it's nice to eat in the neighborhood).

the chef is a little chic but raelly humanity.

This hostel wasn't bad. It was relatively near to the train station into Venice and some nice places to eat. The atmosphere was alright. The guy working while we were there was very rude, however, and offended some of my group.

I got to the hostel and I had to wait like one hour at the reception because nobody was there!! No internet in the room. Its far from venice but very close to the train station. No lockers.

dear customer,seeing your negative review i see that you didn't read any informations about this hostel ,on our website it's written that the check in start from 14 pm ...lockers we don't have ..ect.. i don't accept this comment

A nice place to stay with good value for money. A short bus ride to the island for €1.30 and staff were very helpful

Really nice if you don't want to stay right in the centre of Venice. Really easy to get in and out of the city. Pleasantly surprised as the photos make it look worse than it is! It could do with a facelift but perfectly adequate for a couple of nights.

Not luxury, but a good value place! Rooms are clean and tidy, it's quite, there's a free parking your car, and the best thing is the location, just one stop by bus for Venise!

Only stopped over for 1 night but staff were pleasant and beds were comfortable. A short 10 minute bus journey from Venice and very easy to access from the airport. Would happily stay here again.

As long as you know it's outside of Venice, and about a 15 min train ride away from the city on water, then this is an ok place to stay. It's definitely better than where we stayed in the actual city bc we saved so much money here that it was worth it. Also they call themselves a hotel but it's a hostel. There's a laundry place right next door, which is a plus.

The location was amazing and near to mestre station. The staff were very friendly helping us out with the easiest and best day travel to every place in venice. I liked it very much and can never forget the journey.

« first « Prev 1 2 3