7.5
Very Good 1,813 Total Reviews
7.5
Very Good 1,813 Total Reviews
Nuova Locanda Belvedere Located at Via Mezzacapo 1, Marghera, Venice.
Italy
Venice Venice 30175 Via Mezzacapo 1, Marghera
75% 1813
45.4768250 12.2310920
    Rooms available

• USA, Female, 18-24
19th Sep 2016
8.0

The location is very easy to get to the center of Venice from. Either a 3 minute walk to the bus stop or a 4 minute walk to the train. And both take a 10 minute ride to Venice. The place is a lot less modern than other hostels, some extra amenities like a blanket and towels are missing. Nonetheless it's a good place to stay at night.

16th Sep 2016
6.0

This was a great place to meet fellow travelers, one of the best atmospheres I have been in. However, I had multiple townspeople from that area tell me it would not be safe for me to be out after dark in that part of town...I followed their advice and always stayed with groups that I met there. My main discomfort was the shower, the bathroom had a toilet, shower head and sink in a tiny area with no separation, so anytime someone would shower it got the entire bathroom wet and gross.

16th Sep 2016
7.7

Great atmosphere! Maybe I got lucky with the people who were there when I was but we were laughing hysterically in the common room until all hours then we went to Venice together the next day and had an awesome time. On the other hand there are no lockers in the rooms and some of them don't have wifi. There are two buildings and one doesn't have wifi so you can only get it in the common room. But other than that everything else was like your average hostel.

• Argentina, Male, 31-40
13th Sep 2016

The hostel is very clean and Giovanni is a ver nice person.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
10th Sep 2016

Great. No kitchen but common room. Very clean, only 15min train from Venice. Great price.

• Romania, Female, 18-24
10th Sep 2016

A nice, clean hostel, close to the Venice Mestre station, very friendly staff, close to supermarket and other facilities.

• Megan312964279
  • USA, All Female Group, 18-24
8.0

I'll start by saying that this is probably not for first-time hostelers. It's certainly a "no frills" hostel. There's no AC or wifi in the basic 5 person dorm(only the common room) and the shower was just a shower head. That being said, I loved this hostel. While not actually in Venice, it was very close to the train station and tickets to Venice were only 1.25 Euro each way. The restaurant they recommended was fantastic and half the cost of food in Venice. Great value overall and I'

• England, Male, 18-24
1st Sep 2016
6.6

girl on the desk didn't know how to print my boarding pass on the computer and then tried to charge me a euro. was ok for one night. great location next to train station with easy links to the island.

• Malaysia, Male, 25-30
31st Aug 2016
4.6

Probably the worst hostel I have stayed. The air conditioner wasn't working and I endured the hot night with many mosquitoes biting me. Another event that led me to rate this hostel so poorly was that a staff confronted me after he mistakenly tidied up my bed. He was upset and disgusted because I didn't put any of my belongings on my bed (I put my backpack bag next to it and a pair of my shoes underneath) and he told me that he thought the bed was empty so he cleaned it. Will not stay here again

31st Aug 2016
4.9

Thought I would be saving money by vooking this place but ended up having a costly experience. Reception dude wasn't the most service-oriented man. No lockers. We paid extra for a room with air conditioning and it was never turned on (there was no remote, me and another guest looked). This meant we had to sleep with the windows open and I got totally eaten up/ kamikazed by mosquitos. I got no sleep. I am sorry to say that this has been my worst hostel experience :(