Nuova Locanda Belvedere Reviews

Via Mezzacapo 1, Marghera, Venice, Italy

The Hostel is near to the Bus Shelter to the Venice, about 5 minutes by walk. And the staff were cool. i was 2 nights there. I booked the 5 mixed dorm room, because only those room were available on the website on that day, but they gave me a private room because i was with my mother and her friend.

• 25th Sep 2014
  • Indonesia

The wort place I have seen EVER. they put me in a room in building detached from the main structre. There was a junky shooting up on the doorstep at 4am when I went out for a smoke. So I walked around the corner and saw a hooker giving a man a blowjob on the backside of the building. There was no shower just a water tap in the wall of the bathroom. The worst ever. And it was my birthday eve to boot. I left in the middle of the night. Sorry guys

• 25th Sep 2014

Nice hotel for people with small gudget,very friendly staff explained us everything we needed to know ,free maps, free parking car ,it was in a good location short walk to the bus station which runs very frequently to Venice,very clean rooms and nice common area,we would stay again.We recomend this place.

• 20th Sep 2014
  • Albania

Our room was smelly but other then that clean but friendly service

• 18th Sep 2014

We enjoyed our stay here. The guy running place was pretty helpful. 5 mins walk to bus to get into Venice (about 15 min ride away) and about 10-15 min walk to Mestre train station. Laundry place right next door was very handy. Pretty good value for money. We would stay again. Thanks!

Quaint little place near Venezia Mestre station (not on main Island) though it's quite easy to get to the main island by bus and only 1.60 euro each way. Not a party hostel. Pros: Clean facilities and quite good value for money. Good if you're looking for a relaxing break from overcrowded hostels or like quieter places to stay. Owner/manager is helpful and friendly. Cons: No real kitchen (but the pizza place they recommend down the road is pretty good) I would stay again.

The guy who runs this hostel is hilarious. He was really helpful (and didn't let me pay twice cause I was drunk the first time I paid and forgot I'd already done it. Whoops.) It's really easy to get into Venice and way better than staying at one of the places where you need to catch an expensive ferry in. It seems like there are no hostels actually in Venice so this is a perfect alternative. Loved my stay here (and extended it).

The man at reception was lovely! He was very helpful and accommodating! The location is close to a bus stop that takes you into Venice. Only downfall is that it has no kitchen facilities and there are no food stores close by.

Wish there was wifi in the rooms. The man who runs it is very nice. Is stay again it was good for the price.

The staff is really helpful and gives you a great map (that other people pay €4 for). It's close to the train station and a bus stop that easily gets you to-and-from Venice city center all times of the day/night. The only thing I would complain about is people are allowed to smoke on the balcony near the community room but no one shuts the doors, so the smoke ends up being inside regardless.

This is a one star hotel, not a hostel. Sketchy area, girls- don't walk there alone at night:/ For the money you pay- at least lockers and a kettle in the common room would've been nice. If you can find accommodation in the island itself- go for that.

Thanks for the stay, had a wonderful time. Really helpful advice when I arrived.

Nice basic hotel located outside of venice city but great location to bus stops to get there. And also close to an excellent cheap pizzeria! Staff were helpful.

Everything went very well. Everything is very clean and the receptionist is just awesome, super friendly. The hotel is not close to the centre, but it's okay, since it's close to the train station Mestre and there's a very cheap bus that brings us to where the touristic area is. And it's very cheap for what Venice offers. I really recommend.

Very friendly, relaxed and helpful staff. The location is great as its just 5 min outside of Venice and buses come very frequently.

• 14th Aug 2014

Good hostel friendly staff. But no towels. Near the bus station where you can take a bus to venice for 1.30 euro.

They had 2 different bildings. One looked very nice - especially the bathrooms.. the other one however was much worse.. no actual shower and huge bugs in the bathroom and it smelled bad... i don't think there was a price dofference and we couldn'd choose the bilding..

Was a last minute decision to change where I was staying and to stay here instead. Good location close to Mestre train station. Stayed with lots of friendly people and the guy running the hostel was willing to help. Also a laundromat 10 second walk which was a god send

I had a strikingly uncomfortable stay here. I made the mistake of lying down on another bed in my room when one staff member walked in with two guests, saw me not on my own bed, and told me to get off. At most hostels, the confrontation would end here. But this staff member called me out repeatedly for my mistake, and without hesitation demanded at 25€ fee(more than my own bed fee) to change sheets. My experience reflects the character of the staff. They do not recognize that mistakes happen.

1. Great directions to the hostel. 2. Easy to reach centre at day or night. 3. Clean room.

• 1st Aug 2014