Nuova Locanda Belvedere Reviews

Via Mezzacapo 1, Marghera, Venice, Italy

Great hostel! Very easy to find it. Staff Giovanni was very helpful! Actually, the best receptionist I encountered until my stay there. Baths were always clean, the same as the rooms. I totally recommend this hostel.

The stay was really nice and the staff was very friendly. For two people we got our own room with a bathroom and shower for a really good price and it was located right beside the train station which takes you right into Venice. It would have been nice to get a free breakfast though.

Not actually in Venice but it is a really simple and short walk from Mastre, the station just before the actual Island. Better than getting lost in the maze of Venice with your bag trying to find your hostel. Wifi only worked in the common room.

I consider that the price is just too high for the services that you find there. There is also no way to get a breakfast and I didn't like the atmosphere.

What you see is what you get here. Come with low expectations! Its prettt affordable near Venice (30 minute bus/train ride) but there are no towels for the bathrooms, no heating, no breakfast, no 'atmosphere'. Its just a place to sleep and go out. It was freaking sketchy to walk there at night though. If i ever came back to venice i would try to find a cheap hotel actually in the city. There were lots when i was walking around.

Thanks making our with guys great! :)

nice stay and kind h people at the reception. in 15minutes you are in venice by bus or train

nice that they have a fridge to use but with no plates or utensils its not like you can make yourself even the simplest of meals

The night receptionist was a creep. Was hitting on the girls, and would knock on the bathroom door if you took a long shower and tell you it was enough.... And the room smelled funny

• 3rd Oct 2015

We found the staff, especially Zena, to be very helpful and welcoming. It is small but adequate and in a great location for getting into Venice easily without spending the extra money to sleep there. And the neighborhood is not teeming with tourists day and night; much quieter than Venice! There are restaurants and groceries and banks and pharmacies and a wonderful pizzeria nearby. We would definitely stay there again as we were very comfortable (we stayed nine nights!) and it is a great value.

Okay enough hostel. No plates, cups, knives, forks or spoons (plastic or otherwise). No microwave and a temperamental kettle. Had an okay sized common space, with outside table (but no light for nighttime). There was no hot water in our bathroom, only cold. No lockers for valuables. And only one place for a plug socket. But bedroom and bathroom was a good size and clean. Location was great. 5 minutes from train station. One big pro for me, was the hostels resident cat!

This hostel seemed to be in the middle of nowhere. Not much as far as restaurants or shopping or nightlife nearby. The guy who works at reception seems a bit creepy. There are laundry facilities next door which was nice. The common room and terrace are actually pretty great for meeting people and socializing. Pretty small but cozy and enough seats. There was a long wait for the bathrooms in the morning, so I would suggest showering at night. The bathrooms were nice and clean and updated.

everything was alright - would stay here again.

Stayed here for one night in a 5 person room. room was ok, one long strip to charge phones was ok. not really much of an atmosphere then again I was only there for one night. I'm sure there are better options out there for the price, but the hostel served it's purpose.

Good location as far as Venice goes, a 5 min walk to the bus stop and 10 mins from the train station, from which you can get into the centre in 10-15 mins. If you're looking for a social atmosphere this is not the place for you, but for a relatively cheap base to explore Venice this is pretty good. The staff are nice enough -only problems: you have to go into the common room for WIFI and if you're in the apartments next door, there's only one bathroom for 25 people if the hostel is booked out.

I absolutely loved this hostel, the staff were absolutely lovely and made your beds every morning which was such a nice gesture. The showers were incredible, infinite hot water and very clean. Annoyingly doesn't have a kitchen, but the location is good, very close to a bus that runs all night and one stop away on the train from Venice.

Good location to acces Venice island by bus. Nearby Lidl supermarket. Mosquitos are a huge problem but the hostel is clean with friendly staff

Location: Actually it's okay from the hostel place to the venice island, which the bus only takes less than 1o mins The hostel and the room and bed: Bit old but you get what you payed. Wifi: better go to the living room Staff: nice and easy

The people that work there are very nice and helpful but the place itself doesn't have a hostel vibe. It's a nice place to relax though after a long day walking the streets of Venice.

We really enjoyed our time here. The staff made it feel like home, they were very friendly and so helpful! Public transport into Venice is very close and easy to find. There are a few great restaurants close by, very cheap too. My only problem was that I couldn't stay longer. I would definitely reccomend staying here.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6