Nuova Locanda Belvedere Reviews

Via Mezzacapo 1, Marghera, Venice, Italy

Purely booked this hostel for its location to the island of Venice (which is great, around the corner from a bus stop 3 euro return). The staff weren't amazing, no cooking facilities, wifi pretty weak, rather expensive however the air conditioning was quite good. Pretty clean and good showers. Served us well for a one night stay.

There were not lockers in the rooms which made me nervous at first but it seemed like the front desk people kept pretty good tabs on everyone staying there so I felt better after the first night. The staff were super friendly and helpful in terms of giving us information and helping us find our way around. The hostel itself was pretty quiet and more like a hotel in that there wasn't a lot of interacting with other guests. Overall, we felt really safe and had a good time.

There was only one bathroom for 20 guests.The credit card machine was so called broken so the host forced us to pay in cash.If you want a sweaty night(no ac in rooms) with plenty of mosquito bites this place is ideal for you(!)

Amazing group of people staying here, I travel alone but love to meet people in the hostels I stay in. This one everyone was great to hang out with!

Really nice hostel. Convenient for visiting venice as its close to the train station so only 20 mins across to the island. Really helpfull staff.

Thats really good hotel to stay!Near the train station,supermarket.its only one bus to go to the city center.very clean room,bathroom,toilet.ı stayed 3 wonderful days!its an air conditioner too.the man in the reception tell all of the things to do in Venezia and give map too!ı recommend everyone!

• 5th Aug 2015
  • Turkey

I had a wonderful time at Hotel Belevedere. It was a great armosphere with a fantastic staff. they were extremely easy to communicate with and very very helpful. There is a supermarket nearby and a fridge in the hostel to keep your food in as well as an espresso machine and a wonderful terrace that is teally good for hanging out and meeting fellow travellers.

good people stay at this hostel but it's in an average location, my room absolutely stunk and had mosquitos in it. but it's cheap for venice

Location was good. 5 minute walk from the train station. The staff was really rude. NO AIRCON UNTIL 9PM! It was boiling hot and we couldn't open the window because of the crazy amount of mosquitoes. I had to go find the hostel worker (who is almost never there) to turn on the A/C when he should've already done it 30 minutes before. NO KITCHEN! I asked staff to print off some things and he asked for €1 per page. Look elsewhere.

I have over 10 years career as backpacker, and this hostel is a first terrible one. Dormitory is like a jail, insane hot with a sealed window, full of mosquito. All of guests suffered from both the heat and mosquito, and someone went to buy anti-mosquito cream, and someone gave up sleeping. There are two fans in room, but no effect. Too many bad things... cannot use wifi in dormitory, staffs are very rude, cannot use shower without flooding toilet seat, common room is also full of mosquito.

The staff is really friendly and helpful. Regarding the accommodation, the hostel is located in a separate building with a separate front door which is not secured by a reception. Also the 3€ is the difference between an aircon and a fan although that is not mentioned clearly in the hostelworld app. We slept with 5 persons in a room approx. 4 by 3 meter. In the building is 1 room which included toilet, shower and sink (everything gets wet when showering) which is shared with 13 other persons.

The place is kept very clean and the staff was all very nice, except the manager. I wouldn't recommend this place for girls who are travelling alone, as I was not made to feel comfortable by the manager who came into my room when I was alone, and making unprofessional jokes with me! I stayed here longer than most people and did not feel too good on my last few days, other than that, everything else was fine.

• 26th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

They had a lovely cat called Garfield which made the hostel a million times better

A good place to stay at, it's on the mainland and a few blocks down from Venezia Mestre train station. Nice escape from the crowds of Venice afterwards

It's an okay hostel to stay in. It's located on the mainland about 5 min from train and bus from Venice (20min ride or so). It's okay for the money and I stayed there because it was crazy expensive to stay in the actual city. But for just sleeping it's okay. There is no kitchen and water from the vending machine is kind of overpriced. But for sleeping for a coupe of nights and checking out Venice it's perfect. Ps supermarket (lidl) close by. Pps okay common area

This hostel is about a 10 minute train ride away from the city centre so it's super easy to access. I was in a three bed room with a fan and that got extremely over heated. Also our room was in a seperate building which was a little annoying. No wifi in rooms - only in common area and no kitchen. Very basic facilities. Over all a decent place to stay, staff were okay and as a backpacker it was quite good.

A basic hostel with a decent price considering it's still Venice. Easy to catch a bus to the main island and it costs 1,50€. We had air con and the room was good, although no lockers. Some might think the staff is a bit rude but I liked the guy's relaxed style.

It was really close to Mestre Station by walk. The area may not be the safest but because it is close to center it may not be a problem. However when we went to hostel, the receptionist ( who was a sweet lady) told us that they does not have enough room in their hostel so we had to stay in a hotel where is opposite to this hostel. Although the hotel was a third-star one, we paid the same amount. We could not stay at the belvedere hostel but I can say that it seemed to me preferable

• 15th Jul 2015
  • Turkey

Good location being right next to the bus stop and really near a supermarket. The terrace and common room are nice places to meet people and hangout.

The hostel was in a very very sketchy area on the mainland. It's much more than a 5 minute walk to the station to get a train or bus to Venice. Staff not there overnight and everyone has a key to the front door. Facilities were pretty lacking, the bathrooms were quite disgusting and the place was VERY hot. I would spend the money to stay somewhere more comfortable in Venice.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6