Nuova Locanda Belvedere Reviews

Via Mezzacapo 1, Marghera, Venice, Italy

I recommend staying on the Venice island (mainland) rather than staying off the island as you will have to train back and forth quite a bit. The hostel was difficult to find. The sign said Hotel Belvedere and so we kept passing it.

Was so very happy with the accommodation and was really touched by how the proprietress, Zina, went out of her way to help us. Will definitely come back.

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • India

The hostel is very good for a budget hostel! Everything is veery clean, and they have nice common spaces to meet travelers. the only bad thing is that they have no lokers and the reception doesnt work all the time. The location is not in th island but its the best location outside the island, very easy to take the bus. I would stay there again!

Great value. Very clean. Easy walk to the train station to get into Venice. Bus stop is even closer.

It was in an ok place, close to the Mestre station, which was good, and the people I met staying there were nice. But the staff was mostly not present, there was not really any security, not even lockers, it was extremely cold - not sure why - and the hot water didn't work. I wouldn't recommend it, but for just one night it's an ok option.

• 28th Mar 2015

First thing on our website is written very clearly that we don't have lockers so before to book you have to look even the facilities not only the convenient price,don't forget that you booked shared bathroom and not private, hot water there is always,reception is 24/24 in the hotel.

the road back to the hostel is a bit dark, so I don't suggest girls walk alone the hostess is nice, she gave guests a hand-made map about where is the bus station and also provided a detailed map of Venice but the outlets are not enough in the bedroom and there is only one light on the ceiling , besides the wifi in my room is very week

• 27th Mar 2015
  • Taiwan

Very nice and quiet. It was quite cold even though we had heat in the room. She would come in at about 11am and turn it off even if we were still in the room. I get you have to save money but it was pretty cold and my friend actually got sick from being so cold. And the wifi doesn't work in the rooms only in the hallways or common room. The bathrooms are very clean and the lady that owns the place is nice and cordial. Great location really close to the the main bridge to the city.

The guy who ran the hostel was rude and unhelpful. He ruined it for me. Also reception didn't have a printer and they didn't want to let me pay by card, making me think they were doing a tax dodge.

hard to get internet, should be more ergonomic

• 14th Feb 2015
  • Mexico

There was a sink in our shared room, but it didn't work. The door was very squeaky, so every time someone went in or out we all woke up.

The hostel is simple but it is very very clean (rooms, bathrooms), also the staff were very friendly and helpful. It is close to the city center of Venice (15 minutes by bus) and also cheap (1.30 euros for this bus).

On hostelworld it's said that the have not incluided breakfast, actually theyhave no breakfast at all, and the fact it doesn't have a kitchen is very annoying because we have to eat outside. In another hand it's close to a LIDL, which is good to save money.

The hostel is located outside of venice. It's about a 15 min bus ride into the city. That being said, we expected it to be nicer than places in venice but the atmosphere for meeting other travelers was very poor and the hostel itself was just a place to crash at night. The wifi barely worked expect in the common room. One upside was the showers were quite nice!

This hotel was so good. Especially the reception girl. She helped me a lot. And this hotel is quite cozy compared to other cheap hotels. I wanna stay again.

It was good. But little bit cold but there's no kitchen

I was there For me I prefered to stay outside the island of the Venice. You take a train 20min you are in Venice.

Hostel can be a bit difficult to find, but it's in a convenient location, the staff is incredibly helpful, SUPER nice, and overall welcoming. I would definitely recommend. (No kitchen, but great hostel other than that)

The hostel is a little bit away from the touristic part of the city, but it's easy to get there by train or bus (+- 30 min.). They provide a nice city map with indications about the main touristic attractions and also with neighbourhoods with more affordable food.

Walking around the area at night was very scary as the road lights were very dim. There's No heater in the room. Good thing is it's 10 mins walk from the train station.

HaD a great time and met some awesome people here. Good social atmosphere