Nuova Locanda Belvedere Reviews

Via Mezzacapo 1, Marghera, Venice, Italy

The lady was awesome. It is such a close walk to the train station which drops you off right where you want to be in venice. The wifi is great and it is the cleanest hostel we have had yet. She will work with you about whatever you need. It was the first time in a month that I have walked without shoes on in a hostel bc it was spotless. The shower was so comfy and amazing. No curfews or worries. I can't say enough about this places!

not much to say. only stayed one night, but found the hostel very uncharming and worn down.. One of the staff members gave me wrong info abt public transport. Note that there is no kitchen, but a vendingmachine if your desperate for a late night snack. The shower in my dorm did not have warm water.. Overall a bit disappointed.. But met some nice guests there so still had a nice time :)

Location is a while out of town but there are night buses that drop you off near to the hostel and ones you can take into town just as close. Value for money is excellent given the price of accomodation in Venice is astronomical. clean and comfortable place. Xena, the manager, has a dry sense of humour so not everyone will understand that.

• 7th May 2015

Would recommend this hostel out of Venice only as a back-up plan if no availability on Venice itself. No included breakfast. Clean bathrooms, free map and close to railway station though.

We had great stay here. The staff was super helpful when we arrived and the facilities were very clean.

I was a bit worried about the location after reading some reviews, but to be honest the location is not a problem at all, pretty easy to find the hostel and to get to venice, there are buses all the time and in 10 minutes you can get to venice. The hostel is very clean and the best were very decent. The lady that runs the hostel is very friendly and helpful. The only thing that needs to improve is the wifi, it works perfectly in the hall, and comom areas but it doesnt work inside the room

It was okay. Wifi didn't work in room only when out side the door, beds were nice and clean. Hot water didn't work in are room. Over priced but everything in Venice is ! Would recommend it if your looking for bare bones hostel ! But overall had a awesome time and meet lots of people at this hostel :)

So, this hostel was extremely hard to find if you accidentally got off the train at the main station. You'd think they'd give some directions from there. I'll give it to the woman who was working though, when a man helped us and called the hostel 3 times to find out where it was, she tried very hard to help us, she even ran out to a parking lot nearby to wave is over. She was also very lenient on when we pay since they only take cash. The dorms were crowded though since the rooms were small

Zena on the front desk is a superstar and goes out of her way to help with anything that comes up. The hostel is 5 mins walk from the Venezia Mestre train station and about 3 Euros into Venice proper. This was perfect for me, easy to get to and leave from and a great place to relax away from the madding crowds of Venice. Terrace and common room for socialising, lots of showers - no guest lockers or kitchen (except kettle and vending machines) but all made up for by Zena and the quiet location.

The hostel is locate behind train station , just take around 7 mins , it is good location for me . The hostel actually really clean and near to supermarket . If there is kitchen that will be perfect . If you looking for budget hostel I will recommend this hostel .

Very friendly staff, cannot fault the hostel's staff, location, or overall experience at the hostel. The lady at the front desk was amazing. However, the rooms don't lock and other people in the dorm often left the door unlocked. The showers are good, nice and modern. It would be nice if this hostel had a microwave in the common room, as it had a TV, fridge, vending machine and a kettle, but that was about it. Still, had a good, cheap stay. Also, I loved the resident cat. So cute!

It's not too complicated to get there by following the instructions provided. Not crystal clear but enough to get there. Otherwise, the overall experience was OK. At least in my case I will say it was a very good value for money.

PSA: The owner has a cat, so fair warning if you're allergic. What we expected from other reviews: no lockers, no kitchen, wifi only in common areas, a bit far out of Venice in kind of a suburban area, though if you're a girl traveling alone it's dangerous to be walking through at night. But it is cheap and quick to get to Venice. Balcony porch is a nice place to eat breakfast. Other travelers seemed friendly.

I recommend staying on the Venice island (mainland) rather than staying off the island as you will have to train back and forth quite a bit. The hostel was difficult to find. The sign said Hotel Belvedere and so we kept passing it.

Was so very happy with the accommodation and was really touched by how the proprietress, Zina, went out of her way to help us. Will definitely come back.

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • India

The hostel is very good for a budget hostel! Everything is veery clean, and they have nice common spaces to meet travelers. the only bad thing is that they have no lokers and the reception doesnt work all the time. The location is not in th island but its the best location outside the island, very easy to take the bus. I would stay there again!

Great value. Very clean. Easy walk to the train station to get into Venice. Bus stop is even closer.

It was in an ok place, close to the Mestre station, which was good, and the people I met staying there were nice. But the staff was mostly not present, there was not really any security, not even lockers, it was extremely cold - not sure why - and the hot water didn't work. I wouldn't recommend it, but for just one night it's an ok option.

• 28th Mar 2015

First thing on our website is written very clearly that we don't have lockers so before to book you have to look even the facilities not only the convenient price,don't forget that you booked shared bathroom and not private, hot water there is always,reception is 24/24 in the hotel.

the road back to the hostel is a bit dark, so I don't suggest girls walk alone the hostess is nice, she gave guests a hand-made map about where is the bus station and also provided a detailed map of Venice but the outlets are not enough in the bedroom and there is only one light on the ceiling , besides the wifi in my room is very week

• 27th Mar 2015
  • Taiwan

Very nice and quiet. It was quite cold even though we had heat in the room. She would come in at about 11am and turn it off even if we were still in the room. I get you have to save money but it was pretty cold and my friend actually got sick from being so cold. And the wifi doesn't work in the rooms only in the hallways or common room. The bathrooms are very clean and the lady that owns the place is nice and cordial. Great location really close to the the main bridge to the city.