Nuova Locanda Belvedere Reviews

Via Mezzacapo 1, Marghera, Venice, Italy

Very nice and quiet. It was quite cold even though we had heat in the room. She would come in at about 11am and turn it off even if we were still in the room. I get you have to save money but it was pretty cold and my friend actually got sick from being so cold. And the wifi doesn't work in the rooms only in the hallways or common room. The bathrooms are very clean and the lady that owns the place is nice and cordial. Great location really close to the the main bridge to the city.

hard to get internet, should be more ergonomic

• 14th Feb 2015
  • Mexico

There was a sink in our shared room, but it didn't work. The door was very squeaky, so every time someone went in or out we all woke up.

The hostel is simple but it is very very clean (rooms, bathrooms), also the staff were very friendly and helpful. It is close to the city center of Venice (15 minutes by bus) and also cheap (1.30 euros for this bus).

On hostelworld it's said that the have not incluided breakfast, actually theyhave no breakfast at all, and the fact it doesn't have a kitchen is very annoying because we have to eat outside. In another hand it's close to a LIDL, which is good to save money.

The hostel is located outside of venice. It's about a 15 min bus ride into the city. That being said, we expected it to be nicer than places in venice but the atmosphere for meeting other travelers was very poor and the hostel itself was just a place to crash at night. The wifi barely worked expect in the common room. One upside was the showers were quite nice!

This hotel was so good. Especially the reception girl. She helped me a lot. And this hotel is quite cozy compared to other cheap hotels. I wanna stay again.

It was good. But little bit cold but there's no kitchen

I was there For me I prefered to stay outside the island of the Venice. You take a train 20min you are in Venice.

Hostel can be a bit difficult to find, but it's in a convenient location, the staff is incredibly helpful, SUPER nice, and overall welcoming. I would definitely recommend. (No kitchen, but great hostel other than that)

The hostel is a little bit away from the touristic part of the city, but it's easy to get there by train or bus (+- 30 min.). They provide a nice city map with indications about the main touristic attractions and also with neighbourhoods with more affordable food.

Walking around the area at night was very scary as the road lights were very dim. There's No heater in the room. Good thing is it's 10 mins walk from the train station.

HaD a great time and met some awesome people here. Good social atmosphere

I only stayed here for one night because it was close to a train station and then I moved to another place closer to Venice. A bit dark and small, but okay for one night if you are on a budget. It is worth paying a bit more for a nicer place closer to Venice. No kitchen - not even a kettle - just a fridge, table outside and vending machines. You have to pay for a map. I got bitten by something, but it was only on my foot so I think it was just a mosquito. The staff didn't seem that interested.

We had a rental car so did not want to stay on the island of Venice, where a car is useless and parking is expensive. This hostel is in Mestre, but very short walk to bus line to Venice, and parking is free and secure. The facility is a bit hard to find. Our room for 3 had a great ensuite shower and was well heated (in late November). Zina, the hostess, was very helpful, and other than the fact that we had to pay 2E each for towels, it was a fine $ inexpensive hostel.

No staff for 24h When I checked out I just put a key on the front desk. Not much facilities as I expected. Need a bit walk from the train station, however, I felt unsafe to walk alone during the late night back to hostel

Good staff. Good location as it is 6 min walk from Mestre Train station. Hostel is neat as well. Value for money and at a silent location.

• 15th Nov 2014
  • India

It was very spetial stay in this place, we love it.

They dont have lockers. The guy that made my check in treat you like a 5 years child. There is a bus close to the hostel that take you to the islands, bus 6, very useful. There is a really nice restaurante close as well and cheap. The rooms are Ok but there is no heating. They dont have a kitchen and breakfast is expansive and only on weak days. the bathroom is clean and the shower is good. the common area closes at 23h ??????? It is expensive for what they offer but is cheaper than the islands.

Good rooms, good staff, clean rooms. Worth the money. Not as far out of venice as we thought! Give it a go!!