9.0
Superb 348 Total Reviews
9.0
Superb 348 Total Reviews
Oasis Downtown Vallarta Hostel Located at Juarez #386, Col. Centro, , Puerto Vallarta.
Mexico
Puerto Vallarta Jalisco 48300 Juarez #386, Col. Centro
90% 348
20.6086696 -105.2348452
    Rooms available

9th Apr 2016

We stayed here as a couple last week and bcause there weren't many guests at the time they were nice enough to upgrade us to the pivate room for free! Everything was kept clean and fans made the rooms cool. Only sheets are provided so consider bringing a blanket for extra warmth. Staff invited us to eat tacos with them on our first afternoon. Pancakes the next morning were surprisingly filling (and perfectly made!). Location w/in city is close to everything and feels safe. Great view from roof.

• England, Male, 25-30
31st Mar 2016

The main guy that runs the hostel is an arrogant, aloof fool, but everyone and everything else was lovely.

We are sorry you feel that way, of course there can always be personality clashes all around the world. We are just glad you enjoyed the hostel itself. My personality obviously is not to everyone's liking but thankfully 92% of our other guests can survive it and end up having a great time. Please come again, I promise to buy you a drink ;)

• England, Mixed Group, 25-30
30th Mar 2016
4.3

The owner of this hostel is a nice guy who gave us a warm welcome however the dorms themselves are a bit of a dump. Beds were dirty and ancient and rooms extremely noisy from the main road outside. Rooms Extremely hot. The whole thing feels a bit half arsed and definitely not worth the money!

Thanks for thinking I was nice. I am sorry you feel that way about our historical building right in the middle of town with a beautiful ocean view and so close to the gorgeous main church from our roof top terrace. Our dorms are spartan and utilitarian, we have never said otherwise. If you are downtown with the church, YOU WILL GET NOISE IN MEXICO. Extremely to me sounds like an exageration being that max temp during your stay was 24 degrees. Obviously your standards are higher than we can please. We can recomend other options next time! Cheers!

• USA, Male, 18-24
30th Mar 2016

My stay at Oasis was dope. Luis was very welcoming when I first arrived and was very patient with me since I am a begging Spanish speaker. The atmosphere, besides the awesome location, is what I loved the most about my stay. There were some many different kinds of people hanging out in the commons and upper veranda. There are activities everyday and Oasis being in Centro, near the Malecon, they are not very far away. When I return to Puerto Vallarta I plan to stay there again.

25th Mar 2016

I made a last minute decision to go to PV and this was the last hostel available. I'm SO thankful for that! The location was AMAZING. Short walk to the beach and everything is near by. The rooftop had the best view. I'd planned to spend most my time on the beach but opted for the rooftop instead. Easy to meet other travelers. The welcome beer was cool. Bathrooms were nice, plenty of hot water in the shower. The beds weren't the most comfortable though. Staff is great, very friendly and helpful.

24th Mar 2016

The Hostel is located in a very busy spot of Puerto Vallarta. We stayed there during the week of Easter which is a popular holiday for Mexicans. We had a great time being able to find places to eat and go out very easily and closeby. The hostel staff is very friendly and the hostel was always well cleaned. The rooms can get a bit warm, they only have fans, but it doesn't ruin the experience. Thank you!

• USA, Male, 25-30
22nd Mar 2016

This is the best hostel that I have been to yet. Staff gave me a hug at the end and I even extended my stay because they were so gracious.

21st Mar 2016

What I loved about this hostel was not only its amazing location, but the friendly staff and amazing people I had the opportunity of meeting. I LOVED the terrace. I had an amazing week stay here and would quickly book at this hostel if I were staying in PV again. Loved it. 💖

21st Mar 2016

This hostel is an amazing hostel with great people. The atmosphere is comfortable, you're in paradise and every person that I met was super great. Guillermo is an amazing host who is a great guy and handles difficult situations as professional as ever. There was an incident with a drunk guest who got out of hand, he handled as best as possible. Adela is sweet and very helpful. It was my second time visiting and will definitely not be the last time I stay at Oasis Downtown Hostel. It's perfect!!!

• USA, Female, 18-24
20th Mar 2016

Location is wonderful, so close to everything downtown! The rooftop has an amazing view overlooking the city, so definitely check that out. The hostel has an open area for socializing and meeting people that stay there. The owner is very nice and makes sure everything is well while you are in PV, honest about recommendations for excursions, so helps you make a good choice instead of just focusing on selling trips.