Oasis Downtown Vallarta Hostel Reviews

Juarez #386, Col. Centro, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

The best place to stay in Puerto Vallarta! Awesome location, super friendly staff, full of great and interesting people, very clean! Awesome value for money! I'd go there again anytime!

What can I say - this was by far the most pleasant and sociable hostel I stayed in in Mexico. The rooftop seating areas have great views of the huge old church on one side and the sea on the other and it was great to get such a good breakfast in the morning. The staff are extremely friendly, helpful and knowledgeable, the place is spotlessly clean and the location is unbeatable. Thanks so much for a great stay !

Excellent breakfast, hot showers and a fun atmosphere. Location was excellent, close to the beach and bars.

Guerrimo and staff are is awesome!

• 11th Jan 2015

Awesome stay in PV. Walking distance to the main strip and to the beach. Everyone was super friendly and I was never alone even though I am a solo traveller! Beer on arrival was a nice touch ;)

• 6th Jan 2015

Very nice that there were planned tours with the hostel people! Security was excellent, liked the "free" lockers in the room. Common spaces were excellent. Excellent location. Good breakfast. Nice staff. Did like that there was beer for sale at the hostel!

• 4th Jan 2015
  • Austria

I thought the place was kept extremely clean and staff was there for you, and whatever you need. Great hostel

Lots of great things about this place, but the female dorm room was facing the traffic. A bit noisy, and I was sensitive to the smell of pollution from the vehicles.

Definitely one of the best Hostels I´ve ever stayed. The staff is awesome, they make sure everyone is having fun, they take you out, go on tours with you and show you the real Mexico. The location couldn´t be better: next to the city hall and a block away from the beach and the malecon (where all the bars and discotheques are)

This is the best hostel in the world! I actually have a house in PV but keep coming here because Guillermo and his guests are so awesome. If you want to have a good time in PV, stay at Oasis!!!

• 20th Dec 2014

I had an amazing stay here. Location is great close to everything you need. They have a great social setting with common areas upstairs, downstairs and a rooftop patio. It was always very clean and the staff and owner(guarmo) are beyond amazing. It is next to a Main Street so if you go to bed at 9pm or 10pm it would be loud but it was never a problem for me. I have stayed in a lot of hostels around the world but this one I truly enjoyed met a lot friends I still talk to. Can't beat it in Pv.

• 15th Dec 2014

great location and atmosphere, awesome for either chilling or partying

Fantastic atmosphere here! The staff and the type of people that stay here are friendly, adventurous, and eager to make new friends. I highly recommend staying here, though be aware that the central location is convenient but noisy!

• 27th Nov 2014

I have stayed in a lot of hostels all over the world from Europe to Asia, to the Americas. This was the most welcoming, clean, and primly located hostel I have been in thus far. The staff is excellent and the community created there was wonderful. They have a rooftop patio! They give you a corona when you check in. They clean all day, every day. They know how to do it right and I would go back there in a second. I wish all the hostels I go to were like this. Plus, you can't beat the location.

A beautiful hostel 10 min. walk from the beach. Clean beds and bathrooms, wifi, pancakes for breakfast. I had ten new friends after two days.

• 26th Nov 2014

A great hostel in the heart of downtown Puerto Vallarta. Rooms can be very loud from the noise from the street below, but that is what you get when you stay downtown! Invest in a pair of earplugs and you'll be good to go. Lots of spaces to hang out, but would love to see more lounge chairs/hammocks or something like that on the rooftop for sunbathing! A perfect spot for yoga in the morning or evening, though :) Staff are awesome and made for a great stay.

The Oasis is one of the friendliest places I've ever stayed. Fernando, the manager, is an excellent host and makes everyone feel really comfortable. The location, being directly across the street from the city hall, is very convenient. The blue and white Mojaneros bus picks you up in front of the hostel and stops at the main bus station, thus saving an expensive cab fare. I highly recommend Oasis. Buen viajes, Amigos.

LOVED the location. The hostel was average, but I don't need much anyway. The location is most important to me and Oasis is smack dab in the middle of everything. Definitely will lay my head here again when I return to PV.

What an amazing stay! Fantastic location, friendly and welcoming staff with good sense of humor - always ready to help. The hostel is very clean and has a very comfortable atmosphere.

Stayed in the private room - no complaints at all, hostel is in a great location, good value for money, hostel owner was super friendly/helpful and even took us out on a night out!

View all Puerto Vallarta Hostels