Oasis Downtown Vallarta Hostel Reviews

Juarez #386, Col. Centro, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Generally a fine hostel, though expect charges if you will be storing your stuff/going back to the hostel during the day. There is a charge to store baggage, a charge to use the shower (normal), and a general charge to use the "facilities" -- wifi, etc. I carefully made sure we didn't use the "facilities," so Juan did not charge us, but still, I've been to many hostels, and never before had I seen charging to use the wifi on the day of checkout.

I completely understand your point about those charges. I recently visited several hostels in Europe and you are correct. However the economies of those hostels and countries where they are based is completely different to ours. Limited space means we have to limit services to all other guests who are staying if people float around. We do complementary allow people to use wifi and the lockers. The charges are there to help us give better service to our guests that are staying here. I hope you un

Greate place, highly recomended. It would be great if the staff were cooler. Also please leave de kitchen open late at night. Great location.

Hello there! Unfortunately we cannot leave the kitchen open at night since it is when people lose food or we find a mess the next morning from people who come back late and want a snack. We try to keep the place as cool as possible for everyone. :D

Good hostel, walking distance to most things. I hated the locked gated in the middle of the stairs, I nearly fell backwards down the stairs each time. The showers do not have any hooks, shelves or area to put your towel and clothes while you shower. It is surprisingly noisy, the busses that are always going by sound like 18-wheelers. But the staff was great, friendly, helpful. I was served hot pancakes for breakfast in the morning, delicious. There is a nice terrace upstairs. Bed was comfortable

We are sorry that you felt the hostel was noisy, in the end being in the middle of downtown comes with the dynamism of a downtown location this includes buses and trafic. The gate is there for safety since otherwise we would have random people walking in all the time (happened before) We want to keep you safe and worry free, that was the only solution. All showers have a plastic shelves hanging from the shower head for toiletries and there are hooks on the wall for other things for 4 years.

I really enjoyed my stay at Oasis! It is super clean and the staff make for a very welcoming and friendly environment. They helped me sort out a cab to get to a wedding and when I needed to check out at 3:00am they were very accommodating! Thanks Fernando and Ty!

• 17th Apr 2014

I only stayed at the hostel one night as I was catching a plane early the next morning. The staff were friendly and helpful but the room was not clean, uncomfortable, and extremely loud. People walked in and out of the room all night long. The location was good but I would not stay there again. Good if you are 18 and want a party hostel.

• 16th Apr 2014

Rooms are cleaned every day during the morning then they are used by guests for the rest of the day, obviously we can only do so much. We cannot control our guest's hygiene or behaviour, if you need peace and quiet I would advice against a shared dorm and consider a private room. Your visit was during the height of spring break or Mexican Semana Santa, these week is pretty much impossible to have quiet. It would be like going to Times Square in New Year's and expecting a good night sleep. Sorry!

Nice location, staff and love the atmosphere

View all Puerto Vallarta Hostels