Oasis Downtown Vallarta Hostel Reviews

Juarez #386, Col. Centro, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Simply Amazing! Is not an expensive hostel with handy location to reach anyplace easily. But the best about Oasis it's the staff! Very friendly and always willing to help you no matter how many question do you have.

• 20th Aug 2015
  • Argentina

I enjoyed my stay at Oasis. The staff are great. I have stayed at both Oasis hostels and each has unique strengths. Downtown is an amazing location convenient to everything whereas Remance is much quiter but is huge and has a 360 sheltered view of some amazing lightning storms!

• 15th Aug 2015

I was travelling alone and had a great stay here, free evening meal is great as it gets everyone together and easy to meet fellow travellers :)

Oasis Downtown Hostel was THE perfect place to stay in Vallarta. Very friendly staff, outstanding cleanliness, and beautiful atmosphere. The common areas are open and a great place to make friends. Also, the location is right near old town, the Malecón boardwalk, and it's close to the orange and white buses that take you down the coast. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a hostel in downtown PVR.

• 31st Jul 2015

Everyone staying at the Hostel was super mellow and cool, the staff was great, would definitely stay there again.

• 30th Jul 2015

Perfectly fine hostel. Nothing outstanding but nothing worth raving about either.

Nice staff and good location. I was lucky I had a room to myself so it wasn't too hot, although have heard otherwise from other guests in other rooms.

Stayed at this hostel for 3 nights. The staff were very helpful and accommodating. Rooms were clean and plenty of showers and toilets. We booked a trip to the marieta Islands from the hostel and it was much cheaper than tour companies along the strip. Great stay!

Stayed at Oasis for 5 nights with a mate of mine. The staff were helpful and friendly, the bathrooms were clean and the hostel was well-located in downtown Puerto Vallarta. If you're there during the back end of the week it's likely Guillermo (the owner) will take a bunch of people out to local clubs/bars - prepare yourself for a big one.

• 6th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

We had a great stay at the Oasis Downtown Hostel. It is perfectly located in the centre and near the beach. The staff was really helpful with recommendations for trips and other beaches. verall great atmosphere ;)

I had a fantastic time here, and lost count of how many days I extended my stay! Thank you to Guillermo and Daniel for being such amazing hosts! The hostel has an amazing roof terrace with great sunset views, a party atmosphere and is close to the beach and the bars. It's impossible to have a bad time here. Only improvement I can suggest is providing fans for the top bunks in the dorms as it can get a bit sweaty, but despite this I wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else in Puerto Vallarta.

A great hostel in the centre of Vallarta! Next to all clubs, restaurants and a beautiful beach. Just sometimes too hot at night :) The stuff is helpful and really kind!!! I go definitely back one day

We had a great experience staying at Oasis hostel! The staff is very helpful and friendly, and the location is perfect for getting around town. I would definitely stay here again.

• 13th Jun 2015

Had a great time here! Had to spend about 3 weeks here as I was waiting for my place to become available, and had a great stay! The location is awesome, and the staff were very friendly. I would definitely stay here again in the future!

I actually stayed at the Oasis hostel's other location in El Remance neighborhood, but I can't figure out how to leave a review there instead. I lost all my valuables in the cab that brought me there, and they were incredibly kin to me and gave me a place to stay even though I had no money or identification. It was a great little hostel in a more authentic Mexican neighborhood, still a short walk from the each. Highly recommended.

• 31st May 2015

Amazing amazing hostel right in the middle of downtown do right next to the Cathedral. They have a deck right at the top with an amazing view. Staff were super helpful in English. Cannot recommend this place enough!

The staff and the visitors where so nice and awesome! Made the stay in puerto Vallarta that much better! Stoked!

• 25th Apr 2015

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast of hot cakes and coffee (sometimes juice) was also nice. The hostel is in a nice location close to the beach and we were happy to find they lent out beach mats and other equipment. The rooms are well kept and have plenty of high speed fans to keep you cool. They could improve the frequency of bathroom trash can cleaning. If you can't flush paper the cans can get pretty stinky. All in all a very good hostel and worth a stay.

Great hostel. It's location is incredible, very nice staff, great environment and facilities to relax or get to know some people. Very comfortable beds, big lockers and good showers. The shower area could be cleaner and they could provide some cloths so it wouldn't get that way. Didn't even see the breakfast, it went from 8 to 10 but the 2 days that I could've had breakfast it was 8:15 and yet no breakfast so I had to leave without food. More plugs needed and a shelf and light for the beds.

Close to all the cool places the city has to offer. Very friendly staff!!

• 20th Apr 2015