Oasis Downtown Vallarta Hostel Reviews

Juarez #386, Col. Centro, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

The hostel was a great find. Overall Puerto Vallarta is overpriced, so $17 a night isn't cheap for Mexico, but for the area was a deal. The staff worked hard to include all guests in the common space and activities. They have alot of heart and willing to answer many random questions. I had one disappointing discussion though. When I decided to stay an extra day longer than my original reservation, staff told me it would be a higher rate. I asked why- the staff was defensive and didn't explain.

• 27th Mar 2014

Best hostel I have ever stayed in. The staff are friendly and helpful, not to mention the excellent location. Staying at Oasis was by far the best decision I made in this trip. Thank you Fernando and Guillermo, you guys rock. I like, I like. Very nice!!!!

The staff is very professional and convenient location.

This is a great hostel in an awesome location! The best part about this hostel is Fernando! He's the best host someone could ask for. Thank you!!

• 13th Feb 2014

This hostel has the perfect "hostelwibe". The roof-top terrace is really nice and a great place to hang out and have a beer. It's located perfect in the city center. Fernando who works there is a great guy :) Would def recommend this place (I just wish it was more people there when I stayed there)

The toilets were down a short flight of stairs, but not a big deal as sinks and showers are on every floor.

Fernando and his crew are great hosts. They provide cheap (icecold) beers, OK breakfast and good tips at a really central location. Only potential drawback is noise from the busy street outside (because it is THAT central). If you, however, sleep half as heavy as me, it won't be a problem :-)

I've stayed at the oasis many times and have always had a good experience. The staff and atmosphere ensure that you can always go out and have a good time. the location is perfect for enjoying sites, beach, or night life as you are just steps from the malecón and are vented in the middle of the old city center.

• 9th Jan 2014

For people who love the american party/drunken life, the hostel is a great choice. Everyone is really laidback and relaxed, but some of the staff can be really impolite when drunk (What they are often....)

• 30th Dec 2013

Sorry that you feel celebrating new year was "American" we mexicans live in the american continent and feel it is quite ok to celebrate too. If arriving during New Years to a beach destination I would suggest to expect MEXICANS being jolly and happy. Please do not expect perfect quiet during this times, we would advice to go for mountain areas for new year celebrations if you expect quiet and calm. We are sorry you felt the staff was impolite, it has been addressed. Have a good trip! :D

the girls dorm was very noisy because it's on the main street and because we were there for xmas but besides i would definitely recommend this hotel they have everything right. they also have a sister hotel in a - probably - quieter street somewhere in puerto vallarta.

I spent there a week for new year of 2014, the location is great. The stuff is non-professional, was all the time drunk sitting in the reception with his friends. You can't really enjoy the kitchen, it's very limited (no oil, no salt) and very dark. This hostel is good for who looking for cheap and good location place spending all day time out.

This was the most I've ever paid for a hostel, but it was a very good visit, although I've paid less for similar quality at other hostels. It was clean, in an excellent location, relatively quiet (some traffic noise from the street and church bells in the morning), had hot water with good pressure, nice views, and friendly staff. The hostel seemed very social without being a "party" hostel.

Hello there, I just would like to point out that you came during New Year period and our rate goes up 50% more due to high demand in all of Puerto Vallarta, our normal rate is very much in line with market prices.

Breakfast was minimal with terrible coffee and the church bells will get you up every morning, smoking rules are not enforced, but location, location!!

• 23rd Dec 2013

This has to be the best hostel I've ever stayed in, and I've stayed in a few! The best possible location to everything, buses outside the hostel to everything else, pancakes, cereal and coffee for breakfast, amazing rooftop patio and a even a beer on arrival! But the best part of this hostel is the company - even though there was only 6 guests when we were there we became an eccentric family, and the manager Fernando is just awesome! Didn't ever want to leave. Do yourself a favour and stay here!

Fernando and the other staff were very good hosts. You can' t beat the location. The hostel is located directly across the street from City Hall and next to the church. The view from the rooftop terrace is amazing. You can see the entire city and bay. Although there is no air conditioning, with the ceiling fans and a fan in the dorm I found my sleeping bag came in handy. While there I met numerous other travelers from every corner of the planet. I'll definitely stay there again.

Enjoyed my stay at Oasis Hostel. I'll definitely be returning on my next trip to pv!

View all Puerto Vallarta Hostels