Oasis Downtown Vallarta Hostel Reviews

Juarez #386, Col. Centro, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

The Oasis is one of the friendliest places I've ever stayed. Fernando, the manager, is an excellent host and makes everyone feel really comfortable. The location, being directly across the street from the city hall, is very convenient. The blue and white Mojaneros bus picks you up in front of the hostel and stops at the main bus station, thus saving an expensive cab fare. I highly recommend Oasis. Buen viajes, Amigos.

LOVED the location. The hostel was average, but I don't need much anyway. The location is most important to me and Oasis is smack dab in the middle of everything. Definitely will lay my head here again when I return to PV.

Deplorable Client Atention

• 12th Nov 2014
  • Mexico

Great stay only criticism is that we arrived at 10pm and immediately offered a tour to Isla marietas the next day 8am-6:30pm (slow ass boat) for 750 pesos. After our tour we were informed by other guests they went with a local for 200 pesos in 2 hours just their small group! Our tour was over populated (250 people) and not organized to suit this crowd. Very annoying. Some honest local knowledge would have been appreciated! Other than that brilliant location, terrace is a plus. Cheers!

• 7th Nov 2014

An exellent hostel if you want to stay a couple of nights! The location is great, close to both the beaches and the nightclubs! The hostel owner is relly nice and we met a lot of cool people during our stay. I totaly recomend this hostel if you want to have a good time in Puerto Vallarta!

great place to stay. the owner and the staff are really friendly. really centrally located in the town. good roof terrace and downstairs area where people can congregate. avoid the fences board game- it is too addictive. already making plans to make my own board back home. if i return to PV i'll definitely head back here.

Great little hostel with a really good atmosphere to it. Met some amazing people and had a fantastic time there, even though it was low season. Staff and owner are really special, always happy to hang out and chat, or take you out for a taco and beer. Definitely a more personal experience that you would probably find elsewhere. Location in downtown is pretty good too, right in the heart of things. I All in all, especially for my first stop in Mexico, this was a great little find.

Generally a fine hostel, though expect charges if you will be storing your stuff/going back to the hostel during the day. There is a charge to store baggage, a charge to use the shower (normal), and a general charge to use the "facilities" -- wifi, etc. I carefully made sure we didn't use the "facilities," so Juan did not charge us, but still, I've been to many hostels, and never before had I seen charging to use the wifi on the day of checkout.

I completely understand your point about those charges. I recently visited several hostels in Europe and you are correct. However the economies of those hostels and countries where they are based is completely different to ours. Limited space means we have to limit services to all other guests who are staying if people float around. We do complementary allow people to use wifi and the lockers. The charges are there to help us give better service to our guests that are staying here. I hope you un

Greate place, highly recomended. It would be great if the staff were cooler. Also please leave de kitchen open late at night. Great location.

Hello there! Unfortunately we cannot leave the kitchen open at night since it is when people lose food or we find a mess the next morning from people who come back late and want a snack. We try to keep the place as cool as possible for everyone. :D

View all Puerto Vallarta Hostels