Oasis Downtown Vallarta Hostel Reviews

Juarez #386, Col. Centro, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Close to all the cool places the city has to offer. Very friendly staff!!

• 20th Apr 2015

Guillermo is awesome. Couldn't ask for more from a hostel

- Guillermo and staff have a wealth of information on what to do and where to go. - One block away from the Malecon/beach/bar area. - Locked gate so no randoms stroll in (but you do get a key so you have 24 hour access). - The staff keep the place CLEAN. - Hot showers! - Large lockers (fit my rolling luggage AND my small backpack). - Rooftop hangout area with gorgeous views of the city and church. - Next door to Scotia Bank. - Steps away from the Church of Our Lady of Guadalupe

Great people! It's a great stay!

• 18th Mar 2015

Second time I stay in this hostel: - Great rooftop view - Great location: near the beach, bars, market. - Great staff.

• 13th Mar 2015

As a solo female traveller this was the perfect place to stay. The owner and staff were extremely helpful in helping me figure out what things to go do. It is also near Los Muertos beach and the boardwalk, so I felt very safe and had lots of options for food. I would stay there again and recommend it to others.

Great place for the value, if your backpacking and want a central location so that your not too far from any bus or the main strip then this is it. The rooftop lounge is the best out of any hostel I've ever stayed at! It's is located right down town a can be a bit noisy, so if your sensitive to noise maybe look for somewhere a little quieter.

Nice hostel, friendly and helpful staff. Located perfect for me.

• 2nd Mar 2015
  • Norway

The Oasis Downtown Vallarta Hostel is by far one of the best located Hostels I have stayed. The location and the views from the rooftop are by far one of the best. The rooms were a bit dark and cluttered but nothing to worry about. It has a great view of The Church of Our Lady of Guadalupe and also the sea. The staff is by far some of the friendliest of any hostel I have stayed. Giving information on how to get to other areas of the city was a big help. Thanks for making me feel at home.

the view from the rooftop terrace of this hostel makes it worth staying in itself. great place to have a beer or ten while watching the sun go down. staff were extremely helpful when trying to get places or organise activities and they cook up some pretty mean pancakes... Will be going back for sure

AMAZING location, steps away from the beach and only 10 min from old Vallarta. I've stayed at a lot of hostels and this one is my top 3 for the following reasons : welcome cerveza, amazing helpful,kindhearted,informative,fun and patient staff, and AMAZINGLY I didn't hear a peep from any of the other rooms ( I stayed in the female dorm) even though there were tons of people chatting/listening to music in the common room (next door) I chalk it up to the inherent magic in this place. STAY HERE.

Amazing hostel with such a friendly and helpful staff! A big thank you to you all and expect my return shortly. The view is unbeatable, location is central to all you'll need and facilities are great. Highly recommend this hidden gem!

The staff was amazing. My stay was two weeks so I really got to know the place. The location was close to beaches, the Malecón and downtown shopping. The road noise may be bothersome for light sleepers but the location more than made up for it. I would definitely return. Patrick

this hostel is in relatively good shape for a historical building, with a great rooftop view of the city church and ocean. Good beds, hot showers, hot cakes for breakfast Good common areas. A little more expensive as far as Mexico goes, but worth it.

If you're going to Puerto Vallarta for a good time, and to meet awesome people then GO TO OASIS DOWNTOWN! You will not regret it! The staff are so helpful and want you to have a great time! Such a good location too, with buses stopping right outside the door if you want to go explore. When I come back, there's no other place I'd go.

Great place. Handy location close to the Malecon and the main street. Great roof top view and lounge area. Beds were decent, large lockers, clean bathrooms. Staff were friendly and helpful.

The hostel is very recomendable, it has an excellent ubication, the staff is very cool and the price is right. they received me with a delicious chilli Corona Beer, so it is one nicest details that a hostel can do!.

Great hostel and the main dude who runs the place is awesome!

Stop looking for other hostels, this is the one for you! It is close to the bus, the beach, the bar, the club and anything else you could want in Vallarta. There's multiple spots to hang out, a beautiful view on the roof, TV, stereo, clean showers and toilets, storage, bar, and kitchen. Nice staff and it is secure. Thank you Oasis!

• 28th Jan 2015

Great rooftop. Clean and comfortable.

• 25th Jan 2015