Oasis Downtown Vallarta Hostel Reviews

Juarez #386, Col. Centro, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Stayed at Oasis for 5 nights with a mate of mine. The staff were helpful and friendly, the bathrooms were clean and the hostel was well-located in downtown Puerto Vallarta. If you're there during the back end of the week it's likely Guillermo (the owner) will take a bunch of people out to local clubs/bars - prepare yourself for a big one.

• 6th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

We had a great stay at the Oasis Downtown Hostel. It is perfectly located in the centre and near the beach. The staff was really helpful with recommendations for trips and other beaches. verall great atmosphere ;)

A great hostel in the centre of Vallarta! Next to all clubs, restaurants and a beautiful beach. Just sometimes too hot at night :) The stuff is helpful and really kind!!! I go definitely back one day

We had a great experience staying at Oasis hostel! The staff is very helpful and friendly, and the location is perfect for getting around town. I would definitely stay here again.

• 13th Jun 2015

Had a great time here! Had to spend about 3 weeks here as I was waiting for my place to become available, and had a great stay! The location is awesome, and the staff were very friendly. I would definitely stay here again in the future!

I actually stayed at the Oasis hostel's other location in El Remance neighborhood, but I can't figure out how to leave a review there instead. I lost all my valuables in the cab that brought me there, and they were incredibly kin to me and gave me a place to stay even though I had no money or identification. It was a great little hostel in a more authentic Mexican neighborhood, still a short walk from the each. Highly recommended.

• 31st May 2015

Amazing amazing hostel right in the middle of downtown do right next to the Cathedral. They have a deck right at the top with an amazing view. Staff were super helpful in English. Cannot recommend this place enough!

The staff and the visitors where so nice and awesome! Made the stay in puerto Vallarta that much better! Stoked!

• 25th Apr 2015

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast of hot cakes and coffee (sometimes juice) was also nice. The hostel is in a nice location close to the beach and we were happy to find they lent out beach mats and other equipment. The rooms are well kept and have plenty of high speed fans to keep you cool. They could improve the frequency of bathroom trash can cleaning. If you can't flush paper the cans can get pretty stinky. All in all a very good hostel and worth a stay.

Great hostel. It's location is incredible, very nice staff, great environment and facilities to relax or get to know some people. Very comfortable beds, big lockers and good showers. The shower area could be cleaner and they could provide some cloths so it wouldn't get that way. Didn't even see the breakfast, it went from 8 to 10 but the 2 days that I could've had breakfast it was 8:15 and yet no breakfast so I had to leave without food. More plugs needed and a shelf and light for the beds.

Close to all the cool places the city has to offer. Very friendly staff!!

• 20th Apr 2015

Amazing. The accomodations were clean, roomy, and beautiful. Spectacular views of the streets and ocean from the balcony and rooftop areas. Lots of fun every night. The staff was awsome. They went above and beyond to make sure we all had a great time. Great amosphere. I would absolutely recommend the Oasis Downtown to friends. Wish I was there now. Thanks guys.

• 26th Mar 2015

Guillermo is awesome. Couldn't ask for more from a hostel

- Guillermo and staff have a wealth of information on what to do and where to go. - One block away from the Malecon/beach/bar area. - Locked gate so no randoms stroll in (but you do get a key so you have 24 hour access). - The staff keep the place CLEAN. - Hot showers! - Large lockers (fit my rolling luggage AND my small backpack). - Rooftop hangout area with gorgeous views of the city and church. - Next door to Scotia Bank. - Steps away from the Church of Our Lady of Guadalupe

Great people! It's a great stay!

• 18th Mar 2015

Second time I stay in this hostel: - Great rooftop view - Great location: near the beach, bars, market. - Great staff.

• 13th Mar 2015

As a solo female traveller this was the perfect place to stay. The owner and staff were extremely helpful in helping me figure out what things to go do. It is also near Los Muertos beach and the boardwalk, so I felt very safe and had lots of options for food. I would stay there again and recommend it to others.

Great place for the value, if your backpacking and want a central location so that your not too far from any bus or the main strip then this is it. The rooftop lounge is the best out of any hostel I've ever stayed at! It's is located right down town a can be a bit noisy, so if your sensitive to noise maybe look for somewhere a little quieter.

Nice hostel, friendly and helpful staff. Located perfect for me.

• 2nd Mar 2015
  • Norway

The Oasis Downtown Vallarta Hostel is by far one of the best located Hostels I have stayed. The location and the views from the rooftop are by far one of the best. The rooms were a bit dark and cluttered but nothing to worry about. It has a great view of The Church of Our Lady of Guadalupe and also the sea. The staff is by far some of the friendliest of any hostel I have stayed. Giving information on how to get to other areas of the city was a big help. Thanks for making me feel at home.

View all Puerto Vallarta Hostels