Oasis Downtown Vallarta Hostel Reviews

Juarez #386, Col. Centro, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Greate place, highly recomended. It would be great if the staff were cooler. Also please leave de kitchen open late at night. Great location.

I arrived at this hostel with high hopes because of how well rated it is, but what I found was nothing like what was advertised. The staff was cold and unwelcoming, the atmosphere of the place was the same. My friends and I were asked to put a $100 (pesos) deposit on room keys in case we loose them. This was not stated on their website and to make things even more difficult they didn't accept cards. They were completely unhelpful throughout this whole process and we didn't end up staying.

Good hostel, walking distance to most things. I hated the locked gated in the middle of the stairs, I nearly fell backwards down the stairs each time. The showers do not have any hooks, shelves or area to put your towel and clothes while you shower. It is surprisingly noisy, the busses that are always going by sound like 18-wheelers. But the staff was great, friendly, helpful. I was served hot pancakes for breakfast in the morning, delicious. There is a nice terrace upstairs. Bed was comfortable

I really enjoyed my stay at Oasis! It is super clean and the staff make for a very welcoming and friendly environment. They helped me sort out a cab to get to a wedding and when I needed to check out at 3:00am they were very accommodating! Thanks Fernando and Ty!

• 17th Apr 2014

I only stayed at the hostel one night as I was catching a plane early the next morning. The staff were friendly and helpful but the room was not clean, uncomfortable, and extremely loud. People walked in and out of the room all night long. The location was good but I would not stay there again. Good if you are 18 and want a party hostel.

• 16th Apr 2014

Nice location, staff and love the atmosphere

The hostel was a great find. Overall Puerto Vallarta is overpriced, so $17 a night isn't cheap for Mexico, but for the area was a deal. The staff worked hard to include all guests in the common space and activities. They have alot of heart and willing to answer many random questions. I had one disappointing discussion though. When I decided to stay an extra day longer than my original reservation, staff told me it would be a higher rate. I asked why- the staff was defensive and didn't explain.

• 27th Mar 2014

Best hostel I have ever stayed in. The staff are friendly and helpful, not to mention the excellent location. Staying at Oasis was by far the best decision I made in this trip. Thank you Fernando and Guillermo, you guys rock. I like, I like. Very nice!!!!

The staff is very professional and convenient location.

This is a great hostel in an awesome location! The best part about this hostel is Fernando! He's the best host someone could ask for. Thank you!!

• 13th Feb 2014

This hostel has the perfect "hostelwibe". The roof-top terrace is really nice and a great place to hang out and have a beer. It's located perfect in the city center. Fernando who works there is a great guy :) Would def recommend this place (I just wish it was more people there when I stayed there)

The toilets were down a short flight of stairs, but not a big deal as sinks and showers are on every floor.

Fernando and his crew are great hosts. They provide cheap (icecold) beers, OK breakfast and good tips at a really central location. Only potential drawback is noise from the busy street outside (because it is THAT central). If you, however, sleep half as heavy as me, it won't be a problem :-)

View all Puerto Vallarta Hostels