Oasis Hostel Reviews

Libramiento 222, Colonia Benito Juarez, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

A spacious hostel with large common areas and a roof deck where you can hang out. The owner of Oasis has two locations, one in the middle of downtown and the other here in the neighborhood. Downtown is a 20 minute walk, a 5 minute bus ride ($7.50 Mex), or a 5 minute cab ride ($50.00 Mex) away. The bus stops half a black away.

The hostel is a bit far from the center, beach etc. When I was arriving, bus drivers didn´t seem to know the place, so I had to take 3 buses instead of one that drops you off right in front of the hostel (later it was fine because I knew where to get off). I enjoyed the walking down to the center/beach but if you´re not into walking you will have to take a bus or taxi every day. The hostel is located right next to an Oxxo. The installations are nice, I liked the terrace on the roof. Nice people!

I am sorry you felt it was far, We clearly state on our intro that the hostel is a 15 minute walk from the beach. Unfortunatelly bus drivers are not cab drivers and they are not very good at addresses and directions. We always suggest reading the directions we provide and following exactly. Again, as it says on our intro very CLEARLY if you do not want to walk, stay at OASIS DOWNTOWN HOSTEL which we opened for people that want to be in the middle of it all. Cheers! :D

To be honest, I was very disappointed the 2 first nights but totally changed my mind and didn't want to leave after 10 days there. I would recommend the 6 beds rooms on the 1st floor. Some of the beds of the 10 beds rooms are really bad according to European criteria. Guillermo and the staff are really welcoming, they will do everything so you can enjoy your stay in Puerto Vallarta. This isn't an hotel, go there if you want a human experience and you won't be disappointed.

We loved our time at the Oasis Hostel :) The staff were so friendly and welcoming. The hostel was the cleanest hostel we have ever stayed at! It was a great place to meet fellow travelers :)

• 5th Nov 2013