Oasis Hostel Reviews

Libramiento 222, Colonia Benito Juarez, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Fantastic hostel and wonderful staff! We only stayed one night but the hostel made us want to stay much longer. Fernando, the guy who was on reception, went out of his way to accommodate our stay, helping us greatly with transport, sharing local knowledge and made life easier after transit issues surrounding our stay.

One of the guy was very friendly and helpful. However, the other guy less helpful. The rooftop terrace is the saving grace of the place. Dormitory rooms leave much to be desired.

Hello Kerry, I really sorry about the experience with our staff, the other guy is not working at the hostel anymore. About the rooms we can offer you a private room for $450. Un saludo, Alejandro Oasis Hostel Family

This was a wonderful place to stay. Enjoy the terrace while you are there!

• 19th May 2015

Hello Alyzza!, He are so glad you enjoy your stay with us, yea! the terrace is great and more when you have a cool beer…

Great relaxing and fun place. I will recommend to everyone! Staff very chill and amazing atmosphere for vacation and travelling.

• 15th May 2015

Great time. Fernando was awesome, and really made the stay memorable.

• 8th Apr 2015

Awesome hostel. Great atmosphere, great staff. Only problem is the traffic noise, which obviously can't do anything about. It's not too bad overnight, but sleeping in past 8:00 isn't easy.

Hello Kevin!, He are so glad you enjoy your stay with us. Too bad about the noise but we have a two dorms on the back of the building and they are really quiet and now comes with A/C for only $170 MXN. Saludos, Oasis Hostel Family

Was only here for one night but was a nice hostel that seemed chilled. It's about a 15-20 min walk to the beach which is okay, and there's an Oxxo nearby which is handy. I didn't meet too many people in the hostel, but this was just as the hostel wasn't full. Fernando was a really cool and nice guy. I would stay here again or the other Oasis.

This was my first hostel experience and it was fabulous!! All I needed was a bed and I got so much more. From the free drink upon arrival, the staff and the other guests. It is tucked away from the thick of downtown which is exactly the type of place I enjoy. It was a quick 20 minute walk to the beach through a more traditional neighborhood and I was even given suggestions of what beaches were likely to be less crowded. I'll definitely be back soon!!

• 13th Mar 2015

great place to stay nestled in the hills overlooking a small town area. tell the bus driver in collectivos that you want to stop at the oxxo just before the smaller tunnel for less hassle. nice walk to the beach along the river passing a cat sanctuary, the walk is about 15mins. beer on arrival is a plus and pancakes for breakfast. the kitchen is fairly small but other than that, can't complain about much :)

Hello Sean! I glad you enjoy your stay with us. We also love walking to get downtown, the streets, and flea market and of course the Cuale island (Cat sanctuary)… Saludos!!! Oasis Hostel Family

View all Puerto Vallarta Hostels