Oasis Hostel Reviews

Libramiento 222, Colonia Benito Juarez, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

This was my first hostel experience and it was fabulous!! All I needed was a bed and I got so much more. From the free drink upon arrival, the staff and the other guests. It is tucked away from the thick of downtown which is exactly the type of place I enjoy. It was a quick 20 minute walk to the beach through a more traditional neighborhood and I was even given suggestions of what beaches were likely to be less crowded. I'll definitely be back soon!!

• 13th Mar 2015

great place to stay nestled in the hills overlooking a small town area. tell the bus driver in collectivos that you want to stop at the oxxo just before the smaller tunnel for less hassle. nice walk to the beach along the river passing a cat sanctuary, the walk is about 15mins. beer on arrival is a plus and pancakes for breakfast. the kitchen is fairly small but other than that, can't complain about much :)

I didn't stay at the hostel, but I really, really loved how kind the gentleman was who checked me in the night before I had decided to stay with another friend in town. He spoke no Spanish, but that didn't seem to bother him. He was extremely friendly and very resourceful.

• 31st Dec 2014

The hostel has a great view, is very clean and organized, and really treats its guests when it comes to food. On New Years the woman (I forget her name) just kept bringing out food, and I really felt like she was taking us under her wing as children, it was really nice.

• 30th Dec 2014

This hostel has everything you need - great terrace, amazing breakfast, rooms and staff are lovely. The location is only a 10 minute walk down to the beach and downtown area but feels like a completely different place so gives you a mix of both worlds. Would definitely recommend.

• 20th Dec 2014
  • New Zealand

Had an awesome stay at Oasis Hostel ! The only little downside is the location but you can still walk to the beach/downtown (15 mins) or take a taxi for almost nothing (50 pesos). Amazing value for money and incredible staff. Special mention to our new bro 'Smokey' at the reception! We had a blast ! Definitely recommending to anyone in Vallarta. - 3 canadians on a mexican roadtrip

• 14th Nov 2014