Oasis Hotel Luxor Reviews

Mohamad Ferid st, Luxor, Egypt

I don't understand how did this place get rated so high on the web. The place is really dirty, beds are very uncomfortable and the staff stopped caring a long time ago. Yes, it is very cheap and here you really, really get what you paid for - bottom line. If you are on a budget then fine but my advice would be to spend a bit more and have a good and clean room to relax after a full day of sightseeing.

I spend only 1 day in Oasis hotel and Luxor few days ago, and I would never forget the experience I had stayed the place. I stayed at single room with private bathroom, and the clearness of the room was pretty good. And it also very quiet. The location was fantastic. I could visit Luxor Temple by walk, and it took only 10 minutes from the hotel. Hassan was very kind and friendly, as another reviews said

• 26th Mar 2014
  • South Korea

Great place overall, don't be put off by interior. Hassan is very friendly and genuinely wants you to feel at home and safe. Rooms are basic but comfy, bathroom always had hot water, no mosquitos, location was supreme (right next to train station). Great restaurants nearby. Breakfast was basic but filling, sometimes Mohammad would throw in a falafel and foul =) Rooftop patio is ideal, cheap beer prices too. We booked 3 nights, ended up staying 5. Great value!

Location is fantastic. We did have to change rooms because of a water leak and our AC only worked sporadically (fan was ok though), but keep in mind that the rooms are only 10 USD/night, so it wasn't huge deal for us. Luxor tourism has taken a pretty big hit the last few months, so the staff was very eager to please and went out of their way to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. I wouldn't hesitate to return.

Great place. Clean spacious rooms. Walking distance to the train station and main strip. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel offers tours of the area but didn't push them too hard (which was a relief). Excellent rooftop to enjoy sunsets and other travellers with complimentary tea. Definitely would stay here again.

This is not My first time to send my incomer students to this hotel and definitely wont be the last .....Thanks alot for all your hard work !

This hostel is amazing!! Its an excellent choice for small budgets who want to stay in simple but clean rooms with good a/c and wonderful staff!!! They have a great terrace on the roof and the best breakfast that we have had in egypt ( they offer french crepes in addition to the usual egyptian breakfast...! The staff was wonderful, big thanks to Ahmed in the kitchen and to Hassan the manager who was a great help with everything!!!

Good location near to the train station. Staff were okay and happy to help. The tour was well organised and it was good to have tea on the roof. If you need to organise transport or tours, you are right near the bus and train station so do it yourself. I got lazy, paid the extra, but saw how much commission he gained. I also paid extra bribes for getting on a full bus. I was lied to multiple times by the staff and knew that once the money has exchanged hands, they have no interest in you.

I loved it so much, I came back on a second trip. Amazing staff, great excursions, and a fun atmosphere. In addition, my super-picky travel companion loved it - saying it was the cleanest hostel we had stayed in. Washed linens! :)

Mr. Hassan took care of me and my two female friends while we were in Luxor. He went out of his way to help us - from tours, to shampoo, to bus tickets - he helped us with everything and anything we needed. I liked the restaurant on the roof because it had tasty food at amazing prices.

Loved the sunset teas -- and well-located for train travel/Luxor Temple access! Staff were incredibly kind and very helpful!

These guys sell a tour to the western bank that's supposed to take you to 4 sights there, but then the guide doesn't take you everywhere they said was included unless you remind him not to be a j**k. Kind of disappointed this happens.

Overall, we hotel is nice and within 5 minutes walking distance from the train station. The hotel also arrange 40 LE for the airport pick up. Day trip is reasonable price and suitable for backpackers. I love the cosy rooft top relaxation place. However, there is room for improvement for cleanliness..

Highly recommended. The staff were fantastic- very welcoming, helpful and not pushy regarding tours (despite their tours being in my opinion the cheapest and best tours available). The rooftop terrace was lovely and social. The breakfast was great and the sunset tea and cake each evening was always a treat. The restaurant was very economical and tasty. Our room had A/C + fan and was clean. The cheapest place that we have stayed in Egypt yet and definitely a place where we felt at home.

The people who run this place, especially Mohammad, are really nice. The rooftop terrace is fabulous and they let us hang out there all afternoon/evening while we waited for our night train. We REALLY appreciated that. Breakfast is really good and filling. Bed was comfortable and clean, but the bathroom needed to be cleaned a bit more. We arrived at 0400 and woke up the staff who were SUPER nice and let us check in anyways. We would absolutely recommend this place!

The best part of Luxor Oasis was the hospitality. All the staff there were most friendly, helpful without any interefering, very very honest that was a bit of a rarity for a tourist to find in Egypt. No hastle whatsoever. The rooftop had the most relaxing atmosphere and we felt so good with our stay at the hotel that we felt a rather sad, downhearted to leave the place. I would happily spend a good couple of months there if I had the time. They were most understanding.

• 6th Apr 2013

It is located in the center of the city, easy to access everywhere on foot. Owner is very nice and willing to provide advice. Hot shower has some problem with my room, the owner is very concerned and tried to help me. I think it's just because it's too old. Very good value for money. It is my cheapest hostel in Egypt, yet, the best!

Excellent value for money. The roomand bathroom were clean (some ants are to be expected though) and the tea&cake at the rooftop every afternoon was a great way to chill after a day of monument-watching. The staff was really nice too (specially the guys at the teerrace), but the owner (Hassan) will try to sell you tours and taxis and bike rides at the double the price of what you can arrange near the main street. He'll say it's dangerous to no alone, but other han so me hassling things were grea

Hassan, the owner, is really nice, helpful and honest. The hostel is a really good value for money. There is a terrace egyptian style where i could have spent the rest of my holidays. The food served at the roof terrace was good quality and cheap. Tea and cookie are also served at 6 pm. The breakfast was good, enough to have energy for the morning. As negative points the mattress was too hard for my wife's taste but the room has air conditioning and ceiling ventilator.

keep it up guys, nice & cosy hostel

• 23rd Feb 2013