Old Town Brasov Hostel Reviews

39 Prundului, Brasov, Romania, Brasov, Romania

If you are looking for the lowest price, this is your place. If you look for friendly staff, it is not. If you expect a clean environment, neither is it. The infrastructures are old, shabby, and insufficient, which leads to a big hygiene problem. Furthermore, the people there act as they don't care at all, are unfriendly and I ever saw trying to scam several groups of people. It's the first time I see such conditions in a hostel in Rumania, so I can tell this place is far below average.

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Spain

It looks like a good place to stay one or even two nights, but... the matresses were covered with cellophane (??) there were bedbugs (4 days after, I cannot stop scratching all the bites I have...), the cleanliness of the kitchen was not poor, was even worst! (food from who-knows-when on the counter, everything dirty, plastic bottles and trash everywhere... very disgusting), no option to do coffe or tea, staff was not there from the early morning,at 10.30 (check out time) hostel was alone...

• 12th Sep 2014
  • Spain

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOSTEL. They cancelled our reservation through Hostelworld in favour of a larger group arriving out of the blue. We were then forced to move to another hostel named 'Gabriel's Hotel' and this is by far a better option. We waited for over an hour for a member of staff to explain the situation to us and he was unhelpful in directing us elsewhere. MUST AVOID THIS HOSTEL!!

IMPORTANT: when you are shown your bed, check if the bed cover is fresh. It's very easy: smell the pillow from both sides - one will smell of washing powder and another one will be used. That was the case for me plus during the stay I saw new guests in the same bed covers!! Mattress wrapped in plastic can indicate BEDBUGS. Not sure what was worse: the staff that was only smiling when there was a context of money or the uncomfortable beds and dirty facilities. The location was okay.

mattress wrapped in plastic because some backpackers use to be very dirty (unshowered for more than 3-4 days) and I don't want to buy new mattrisses at every 2 year when I ask you for just 6 euro/person/night!!! cheap hostel - cheap facilities!

The best thing about this hostel is it's location - it is located 10 minutes from the city center yet far enough away from the noise.Apart from that I found it to be a disappointment. We were in a 6 person room with a disgusting en suite toilet, no soap, no toiled paper, mold. The shower head was about to fall off, shower doors would not close properly, there was mold in the shower as well as n the disgusting shared frigged. The staff was not super friendly and seemed annoyed by questions.

Very nice hostel, with friendly staff and nice atmoshere! I was really satisfied by this hostel wich is also very cheap.

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Romania

Had such a good time in Barsov at Old Town Hostel. The room was good, bar the fact that we only recieved one locker for 3 people, we were not shown properly all the facilities and the beds were very creaky which kept the whole room of 6 up all night. Staff were very helpful in booking taxis and helping us find our way around Brasov and due to the friendliness of the other guests the atmosphere was great. The hostel was easy to get to and from the town centre and to the train station.

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Wales

Don't pay there tour,they are so lied!we paid 4 place tour,but when I and my friend join it,they didn't ask us and skip one place,after when we ask them,they are just say sorry and didn't give you money back! And when we want to ask something,the always give you wrong information.(ex:museum didn't open on Monday,but they say is open,when I got there,is close.)

we expleined to you as we did to your friend but since you can't speak English and you can't understand it created some difficulties in communicating with both of you. How come only you had problems and the others didn't?!

the facilities and atmosphere for the hostel is average. 1 of the stopcock in a bathroom with 2 bathtub is broken. The staff is totally disappointed and upset me. The staff here didn't know how to solve the problem. My friends already confirmed Sinaia castle closed on monday, but the staff (guy with beard) persist saying all the floor except G/F close. we had paid 80 lei for visiting 4 attractions but however only 2 places the driver took us. The staff in hostel refuse to refund with bad manner

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

how come you don't remember that we did our best to get you a refund from the driver? and as i explained to you if more than 50% of the guest that made the tour with you didn't want to see one of the attraction the driver has to skip it, this is what happend in your case, how is this our fault that youy did not comunicate with you colegues of trip?!

Dirty, poorly furnished, everything is made to make the owner save as much money as possible. Beds are covered in plastic and incomfortable, the breakfast consists in few very cheap and bad items no one dare to eat.

As you are low budget tourist, also we are a low budget hostel... the cheapest one from town. Looks you forgot we helped you with your wrong booking, you forgot also that you stayed another extra night... What do you expect to find in a cheap hostel dormitory??? Did'nt you check the photos before to book (wrong)?? french....

There was only one not so clean toilet and a double shower (where the drain pipe was missing under the sink), for the whole hostel..and some inexplicable reason, the mattresses in the beds were wrapped in weird plastic film so if the linens crumpled (and definitely crumpled on the nylon layer) the plastic mattress stuck to your skin...that was really awful

There was just one toilet and 2 showers for 2 rooms, each of them with shared bathrooms!! You booked for 2 rooms with shared bathrooms so..what is the problem that you had to share the bathrooms?! :| Next time book for a room with private bathroom if you whant to have a private bathroom...it is so simple! :|

There were not light in the showers! But good hostel

There is light in thw shower! But we have to kind of showers: privetes and shared.. into the privates one the lights is on lights and movements sensors and, the shared ones, are with regular lights