Old Town Brasov Hostel

7.7
Very Good 413 Total Reviews

• USA, All Male Group, 31-40
28th Aug 2017

So, my favorite part about this place is the fact that the guy at reception sounds like he's Dracula. No joke. 😊 we had a great stay.

• Spain, Mixed Group, 25-30
22nd Aug 2017
6.0

Staff very unkind, even rude. Bad breakfast and bad kitchen equipement (they don't even have pans). I am not picky at all, but I spent three nights there and didn't enjoy my stay at all.

• England, Couple, 31-40
11th Aug 2017
6.6

We stayed here three nights in a mixed four dorm room that was advertised as a superior room with an ensuite. In reality, it was a standard 4-bed dorm with a bathroom accessible to all opposite and definitely shared with one other twin room. Although breakfast was offered, we never partook as it started at 8:30 and we were already out by then. There only appeared to be one staff member which can cause issues if, like us, you're trying to check out early.

All rooms are 4 people when you made the reservation I think you did not read well there is only a room for 2 persons and one person, it is not our fault that most tourists go from one bathroom to another they do not have Informed about this problem, you have not asked anything you have not discussed with anything! The next time makes a reservation as it should in a separate room of 2 persons with a private bathroom

9th Aug 2017
5.4

It is no clean, my room had a bad smell. The staff was not very helpful. Bathrooms were also dirty. I just spend one night there and moved to another hostal.

The room cleaning is done every morning it does not depend on us how you keep the room, the room you share with other tourists, if you do mess you stay in the mess if you bring different things that smell is not our problem and in the bathrooms if they are used very often and every one leaves Misfortune after him, we clean ourselves and 100 times a day, because the bathroom is in common.

• Ireland, Female, 31-40
4th Aug 2017
2.0

I had a horrible time here. The guy working there was obnoxious, loud, lazy and made me feel very uncomfortable and unwelcome. He tried to trick me out of my deposit when I checked out, tried to convince me I'd already taken it. He only gave me back part of it in the end. I often came out of my room to find him staring at me for reasons I couldn't understand. He partied there with his friends noisily every night and myself and the other guests did not feel welcome to use the common room.

• Germany, Mixed Group, 25-30
29th Jul 2017
4.6

We had booked a room with four beds where finally six people were sleeping in five beds.

• England, Couple, 18-24
12th Jul 2017
5.4

Location was good: centre was walkable, short bus ride from station.However, it listed 24 hour kitchen,but it was under repair. Told it would be fixed so we bought food but at 23:30 she told us we wouldn't be able to cook and was unapologetic.In the morning they refused to let us use the microwave.The 'free' luggage storage is not free they 'forgot' to change the listing. No hot water, breakfast was only bread.Basically the amenities listed are not provided and staff are rude and incompetent.

I'm sorry but we have done our duty. It's not our fault that they come with broken and dirty clothes, they ask for food at 23:00 o'clock.And they dirty the kitchen and we did not say anything, thank you.

8th Jul 2017

Clean, quiet, friendly staff, located in one of the best neighborhoods in Brasov, near the city center.

• Canada, Male, 18-24
8th Jul 2017

It was very Nice here. Good location and conditions. Staff was very friendly. It was clean as well, i recomand this place for sure.

• England, Female, 18-24
8th Jul 2017

Very nice location. Really nice staff, very helpful. It is also very clean and the atmosphere is quite friendly. It is situated near the center which is very good and handy. I definitely recommend this place.

×