Oporto City Hostel Reviews

Rua Guedes de Azevedo n. 219, Porto, Portugal

The hostel is great, the negative point was that the internet was not working the day I stayed there. So I do not know if it was a casual problem or it happens frequently. The location is very good also, near the metro station.

Good reception, good environment, great location and price. We reserved on the same day we travel to Porto and it was super easy.

The best choice in Porto for sure! Most friendly staff i have ever seen.

• 4th Feb 2014
  • Turkey

We were actually really worried because we had read some negative reviews about the staff not being available, but we did not encounter this problem. The staff was very friendly and on top of everything. The hostel is very cute and has many awesome facilities! I would recommend it to everybody. You get much more than what you pay for :)

Very nice hostel with a good atmosphere. The stuff is really friendly and helps you exploring the city. Thumbs up!

• 29th Jan 2014
  • Austria

My partner and I stayed in a mixed room. Very clean, nice hot shower, clean bathroom, clean kitchen well equipped. The guys at the reception really helpful. Three of them all awesome. Thank you Oporto city hostel is cool! Made our stay in Porto unforgettable :-)

Hi! Thank you for your comment, we're really glad you've enjoyed your stay!!

wifi connection was really bad, there wasn't even a possibility to pay for breackfast, and the staff was not always there to help. It is a cheap hostel, but if one adds the breackast that you have to buy outside and the towel you have to rent, it would be better to stay in other places that are also closer to the main tourist spot, near avenida dos aliados, and are not much more expensive.

Hi, We are very sorry for your experience. We have already changed our internet provider and now guests can enjoy fast and free wifi in every room. We also have more staff now, so that we can be always here for you. Regards, Márcio

Nobody behind the reception desk, phone numbers - very good idea, but why would you have both phones off for hours, so there is no chances to get in to the hostel, unless someone is living... At least the cleaner lady is kind enough to let people in.

I was there during Christmas and there were no staff to welcome me, do my check in or even show me the hostel.

The staff here was incredibly helpful and kind. We really enjoyed our stay and felt the rooms were very clean and well maintained. Our favorite part wad the map they gave us when checking in with all the great suggestions.

Beds need thicker mattreses, the bed ladders are too small and one day somebody is going to kill themselves come down from the top bunk. Bathroom need hooks and showers need a utility wire basket as there is nowhere to put soap, shampoo and so on.

• 6th Dec 2013

i didnt like that they wasnt there 24/7

internet sometimes not really good

We arrived on Saturday and the whole weekend there was nobody of the staff in the hostel! Another guest had to open the main door for us, the keys for the shared dorm were placed on the reception desk where we had to sign for our arrival. Very poor service and the atmosphere was bizarre due to the lack of staff. For sure, there are more recommendable hostel places to stay at in Porto!

Nice hostel,great staff...

Great place. Please fix the wifi (it doesn't work well).

• 31st Oct 2013
  • Colombia

I thought it was kinds risky that they left the key on the reception desk for the late arrivals when the reception was closed at night. But then, who am I to say this is unsafe as I also tend alsways to trust people :D. A restroom within the common room would be a nice extra because one had to go to the dorm to use the bathroom but apart form that everything was brilliant!! No doubt I'd stay there again!

• 25th Oct 2013

I found the location very good and the staff was friendly. Although the hostel had wifi there is no signal in the double bedroom of the last floor. Suggestion: I would have found useful to have lamps on the night tables next to the bed. But overall it was a nice stay.