Oporto City Hostel Reviews

Rua Guedes de Azevedo n. 219, Porto, Portugal

Great hostel overall. Perfect location, the staff were really helpful and even though it was quite small it had a great atmosphere.

Muy buen servicio.

• 5th May 2015
  • Colombia

lockers aren't very good

Very good hostel, excellent staff. The location is not really close to the main attractions, but it is not far, a 15 to 20 min walk.

The highest concetration of kind and fun people there:)

• 9th Feb 2015
  • Czech Republic

Nice hostel and good value for money!

• 19th Jan 2015

I found it quite confortable, facilities are in good conditions, common room and kitchen are clean but they are too cold.

• 17th Jan 2015
  • Spain

Overall I liked the 4 day stay. Booked 8-bed room, were put in a 4-bed room. + budget friendly, very helpful staff, good location. - The bathroom window was missing a glass and wind blew in, despite the plastic bubble wrap to cover it. Shower tub was small, unconfortable as shower curtain stick to you when showering. No hand soap. The heat blower was loud and dried the air a lot. No lamps near beds, only cealing lamp. Lockers could be more secure, as one lock was loose and easy to open.

Great Hostel with free parking and nice staff. Top Location and clean.

• 6th Jan 2015

Great hostel, awesome staff, I highly recommend!

• 5th Jan 2015
  • Croatia

Very well located very near from the historical places. There are lots of options of shopping (food, clothes and tourist places). I stayed with my girlfriend in the suite at the upper floor. It was fantastic. Lots of places to plug electronic devices, excellent wi fi, nice common room. The guys in the reception are very gentle and give nice tips to walk around.

Hostel is nice and cousy. Very good value for money and a nice location, near all main city points. Marcelo, on the reception is a really great guy, helpfull and kind. We had wonderfull 2 days in Porto! Thank You :)

Nice hostel - maybe better to visit during summer, not winter:). Overall impresion was positive:).

In total the hostel was good and we enjoyed our visit there. Specially we liked the staff and location. We didn't like the common fridge which was dirty and smelled bad. Also our room was quite cold, specially in the mornings. We had a small and noisy heater, but we couldn't use it during the night because of noise. Otherwise very good hostel with low price.

Hi, Glad you liked it and we already changed the heaters. The new ones are good and silent! Cheers, Rui Garrido

It was not my first hostel in Oporto, but the cheapest and quiet good. Well equipped kitchen, a nice terrace, clean and safe rooms and really friendly and helpful stuff. It is close (3min) to one of the main metro stations and the main square. Nightlife is appr. 10 min walking...

Cozy hostel near the city center of Oporto. Loved the simple yet warm decoration. Clean bathrooms, comfy beds. We were provided with a small heater which was great. Would definitely stay there again.

In the second day in the hostel I felt a bit freezing. The sheets in my bed were not sufficient to keep me warm, so I think the heater could be revised in cold days. However, it was only a detail. In general I felt very welcomed in the hostel as well as in Porto.

Hi, Thank you for your compliments! Regarding the freezing we are aware of that and already bought better heaters for all the rooms. Cheers, Oporto City Hostel