Oporto City Hostel Reviews

Rua Guedes de Azevedo n. 219, Porto, Portugal

Staff was nice and keen on helping, but as it turned out it seems to be a national feauture. Highly recommend this place to stay when visiting beautiful Porto :)

• 27th Nov 2014
  • Poland

Probably one of the friendliest hostel experiences I've had. I met great people while I was there and the longe and kitchen area is very open to meeting the people who are also staying there. Also, I lost my cell phone and was so upset so the owner came in and looked through video surveillance to help me find it. So nice! If I got back to Porto that's the first place I'll go :)

There wasn't toilet paper. It's an excellent choice value for money. A few minutes there is the area full of restaurants and bars where spend the evening. Good position to visit the city. I didn't like the toilet in the room: old and not so clean.

• 7th Nov 2014

I stayed three nights. The staff were very friendly and attentive. I took a private room which was reasonably priced. The hostel is located quite far from the centre of the town but there is plenty of public transport (which i never used, i prefer to walk) and a taxi at night is only about 5 euro.

The hostel is a decent, although the quality of facilities provided (such as breakfast, towels, bedding) doesn't really compare with hostels in the rest of Portugal (and probably even Porto).

reception was empty a few times , there were a few hazards namely a row of coat hooks hanging out of a bed and fruit cassetttes hanging from walls. the staff was very helpful and the location is central. nothing bad to say apart from the fact that the locker provided does not fit a standard cabin bag and could be made a bit bigger

very nice and friendly with all facilities you might need. the location is great.

• 3rd Oct 2014

The staff was highly welcoming from the very first moment, I did not feel alone not even for a second. They were helpful and proactive, even took care about my program for the evening. They were very communicative and also helped me without asking.

• 30th Sep 2014
  • Hungary

Great great great staff! Only 1 guy there the whole time we were there and he was awesome. So friendly, genuine and helpful. Makes such a difference having staff that genuinely care. Accommodated our room change request last minute. Good kitchen, free computers. Clean. Will stay again

Me and my friend have stayed there for three nights and it was really good! The staff was really friendly, we were able to use computers at anytime, kitchen had everything we needed and all in all it was really clean! 'Keep up the good work!

• 22nd Sep 2014
  • Slovenia

Rooms are quite dark. But okay to stay.

Oporto is the best hostel EVER! The staff were so nice and the location of the hostel is perfect, you can go everywhere in the city by walk from the hostel. The rooms and commun areas are really clean. If you go at this hostel you must go at the pub crawl and the walking tour, it's really fun!

Very nice hostel. Basic facilities but with charm. The parking lost was a mess. To small and the stuff was overstrained.

Bed bugs in the dormitory.

• 1st Aug 2014

Hello, Thank you very much for your comment!! We hadn't noticed this problem before since they hide during the day and only come out at night. After your stay we've sealed the room, threw all the furniture away and made a general disinfection in all the hostel. We also hired a new company to monitor closer and more regularly this kind of situation so that it won't happen again. Again, thank you for your comment, that we hope helped us improve our guest's experience!

Beautiful, modern hostel, perfectly located. Our room was very spacious, had its own bathroom and a small balcony. The whole hostel was cleaned daily. The kitchen was well equipped, the living room had a huge TV and we could use various computers with free internet. Outside was a lovely living area with huge sofas and they even grew their own spices in the yard. The staff was very, very nice and always ready to help. We couldn't believe that for the cheap price we paid the hostel was so awesome!