Oporto Sky Hostel Reviews

Rua da Lapa, 33, Porto, Portugal

Pros- Some friendly and helpful staff bar one girl. Free breakfast of cornflakes and bread and free tea/coffee and biscuits during the day. Clean, relatively comfy beds. Cons- location is the worst problem with this hostel- it's at least 20mins from Main Street and 30 mins from river. No wifi in rooms, showers aren't the best either.

Pro: staff minus the overnight girl were incredibly helpful and friendly and treated you like a family member. Cool atmosphere. Undergoing some renos to improve. Cons: a bit further away from city core, really hot at night on the top bunk, locker was not securesecure because it was broken.

The breakfast was a bit hard to find at first, so a colorful sign leading there could be a solution for that.

• 7th Jun 2015
  • Portugal

Very nice place to stay. Very helpful staff. Clean and well kept hostel

Não gostei muito de não ter divisão de banheiro e masculino para tomar banho. Tirando isso, adorei minha estadia!

Amazing hostel! I truly recommend it!

• 27th May 2015

I really enjoyed my stay and the people working at OSH, but I thought I should mention that there are only two toilets, one each in the basement and second floor. If there are many guests, expect to wait and/or be running up/down two flights of stairs a bit.

I only stayed here for one night but it was lovely. The Portuguese woman who greeted me was so sweet and made the effort to be sure I was comfortable in my room. It has a very chill environment with a great lounge room, which is just what a was looking for, and location is very accessible. Definitely recommended!

• 16th May 2015

Porto was my first stop and I really loved Oporto Sky Hostel! The staff is friendly and they never got tired of answering my questions about the city and what to visit. The location is pretty good, within a walking distance from everything that matters. I will be back in Porto later this year and I will absolutely choose this hostel to stay again!

• 10th May 2015
  • Cape Verde

The hostel is awesome! I recommend! :)

• 10th May 2015
  • Georgia

The owner is wonderful very accommodationing I didhave a problem with the bed and she fied immediately. All you have to do is ask.

First of all, I have to say the Rosia (I hope I'm spelling it correctly) was a lovely host. She was very welcoming and made me feel at home right away. Rooms were clean, wifi was good in the common room and kitchen, decent in the room. Breakfast was good with plenty of bread, cheese, cured meat, coffee etc. Location-wise it wasn't too far away from the city center (approx. 15 minute walk). Also had a supermarket close by if you want some groceries to cook for yourself. A great place to stay!

Staff was very nice. Not a lot of people though

I spent two nights in this hostel in May, when the weather was really bad. Unfortunately this made the problems this hostel has more prevalent. For instance, the WiFi was intermittent, at best, the main shower was leaky and had been taped up, and the living area had caricatures of George Bush and Tony Blair, which seemed insensitive given the damage they have caused. The location is excellent, and the staff were great, although I was asked to let a hostel member in after another's shift ended.

Nice and helpful staff Warm hostel

It was a fantastic experience. I'll be back !!!!

• 10th Apr 2015
  • Portugal

Loved this hostel, the staff was absolutely amazing!

• 10th Apr 2015

I spend one night in the Oporto Sky Hostel. The place is okay, the Staff is quite freindly and it was clean. Unfortunately it was quite noisy because of the busy street right in front of the window; super squeaky beds and some shouting party people this day.

Was a good hostel, but not great, not much in the way of social stuff, the staff was helpful but didn't organize anything.

This is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Great location, friendly staff, low price but high quality. Can definitely recommend it!

• 14th Mar 2015