Osaka GuestHouse KOMA Reviews

2-3-12 Saiwai-Cho, Naniwa-ku, Osaka, Japan

Staff took me out for NY countdown and ramen :D was awesome

• 31st Dec 2015
  • New Zealand

My friend and I stayed at Guesthouse Sun. We enjoyed it! The hostel was great--very clean, quiet, and accommodating. Our mixed room was fairly spacious, and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom facilities were good; although, I think they need 3 showers and 3 sinks (not 2) on that floor. The staff was great, especially one young woman who gave my friend and me a lot o assistance and advice. The lobby area was nice and comfortable. It was a good place to plan, hang out, and talk to other guests.

The good: it's within walking distance to the main part of Osaka, it's also quite cheap. The bad: I'm a laid back guy but these bathrooms were DIRTY. hair everywhere. The ugly: my flight landed 20 mins late, my bus was another 10 late, I had no internet, so I arrived at the hostel an hour late and was berated for not notifying him. I understand he wanted to leave and might've had a long day, but if he can't control his mood then you get a bad review. The next day, the other staff was also rude

We stayed in Sun Guesthouse, same chain, just one block from Koma. It was a really wonderful experience. Ash and Pan were super nice and friendly since the moment we got there. They both speak really good english. The hostel is really modern and brand new, nice common area, and really nice bedrooms as well. Showers were great. Location is perfect, just walking distance from Namba station (main station and main area in Osaka). We also met Keiko when we checked out, she was also great.

Good stay at Suns guesthouse. It is brand new, the rooms are spacious and plenty of bathrooms and toilets. The only thing was it was a bit hard to meet people. There were not any activities whatsoever. Staff could also have had a better knowledge of restaurants and bars in the area.

We stay at the GuesthouseSun.. It was just amazing! The staff was so lovely.. Close to everything. It very felt like home. They have a lounge where you can watch movie on the wall. There's a kitchen too so you can make your own food. The room very large and the bed was comfortable. I really really recommend to stay there. The price is good. For sure, when we coming back to Osaka we booking at the guesthouseSun!

• 9th Dec 2015

I had a great stay at the new partner hostel, Sun Guesthouse, just around the corner from Koma. A very new hostel so it was extremely clean and had new facilities and fast internet! The staff were very friendly and gave me many useful tips and chatted with me when I was in the common area. I plan on staying here again soon! Definitely recommend.

Good hostel, supernumerary staff. Good value for money, maybe the cleanliness could be better in the kitchen but a very good where to stay.

I really enjoyed my stay here. The location made it very easy for me to travel and visit my friend. The staff were very friendly and knew multiple languages, which is very helpful. Also, I'm glad there was a common room, because was fun talking with some of the other travelers.

• 27th Nov 2015

I actually stayed at their new hostel that opened up a couple of weeks ago, it's a few streets away. It was nice and clean - the wood still smelt new. The place had a chilled vibe and the beds were comfy and the sheets were clean. Toilet and showers facilities were great too. Ash and the girl on the counter were very friendly and helpful. All in all, had a great stay here, my favourite hostel while in Japan!!

Very convenient place close to Namba station, on a main street. Clean, nice facilities - kitchen, common area ect. The staff is also nice. Shower only on second floor next to the kitchen, no big problem. The stairs are a bit rough to climb, like japanease style.. The price is very good and you get a tidy and clean place! We had one night and it was good (: We also checked in early and it was ok.. Very nice of them.

No keys are given. The security does not exist. Doors do not lock. "Lockers" are very poorly put together and easily dismantled and do not fit regular locks. Beds felt like floors. Ladders to top bunks looked like they were about to break. Slippers outside of door was a huge tripping hazard. No soap near ANY sink. Found it weird that I had to go to a different floor to use the co-ed bathroom while the men had their own bathroom on the floor. HUGE gaps in the "privacy curtains." Would not return.

the location is really nice and meet some really nice people here

Do not book this hostel. I looked back at the reviews to figure out how this place had good ones and realized that all the positive reviews are in fact for an entirely DIFFERENT hostel. The staff are rude, I was told off for sitting in a common space with the lights on in the evening. The beds are rock hard, you may as well sleep on the floor. The kitchen didn't have a single cutting knife. There is actually a sign suggesting you go to an Onsen to bathe because there are only two showers.

The staff were extremely friendly and I spent a lovely evening in the common room talking to other guests, solving a rubix cube and playing cards! Definitely a memorable experience by far!

Had a great experience at this hostel. The building was quite old, and wi-fi worked poorly in the male's dorm. Except for those, everything was great.