Oslo Vandrerhjem Holtekilen Reviews

Micheletsvei 55, Oslo, Norway

The location is really far from the city and there is no easy public transport to city. The bunk bed is not comfortable.

The only reason I only rated it "good" instead of "excellent" (like the rest of the categories:-) is because it's an expensive bus ride from central Oslo. That said, it's near a lovely lake, in a nice neighborhood. And the staff was SO helpful - they gave me coffee when I arrived and even a free bus pass when I didn't have enough kroner when leaving (with no place to exchange dollars nearby)! I even had my own room, for the price of a dorm, plus GREAT breakfasts and TV with English channels.

Hostel was in a quiet location outside of the city center, and served as a school for gap year students. The room I was in was in a secondary building across the way from the main building and had a separate key from my room key to open it's lock. The bathrooms and showers were clean. The only issue I had at this hostel was checking out the next morning. I had to leave around 6:30 and the main building where reception was was locked - ended up dropping my keys through a hole in the window.

The hostel is located bit far away from the city center. We had a car, so we were able to go to the next train station in few minutes. But there is also a bus going from near the hostel to the city center of Oslo. The whole building remained me at a house where school kids stay for holiday. The facilities are old but ok. The kitchen was not very well equipped (only one pan, four cups and so on), but for a short stay for the price it might be ok.