Oslo Vandrerhjem Holtekilen Reviews

Micheletsvei 55, Oslo, Norway

facilities and atmosphere of this hostel is good. I don't have any complainment. But it is not convenient to get to this hostel. there are no bus running early morning on Sunday....

v good WiFi becoz the router is outside of my room, but generally Wi-Fi is very weak. you have to rent the bed linen unless you bring your own. location indeed is in zone 2, which means you gotta pay 50 kr on every trip to and from central by bus. breakfast is included, and it was really continental and good value for money especially in a city like Oslo. sometimes, salmon was served. remember to keep the receipt, just in case the staff mixed you up with those who didn't pay when check in.

Great hostel! Walk 3 mins straight, behind the building in front, there's a beautiful lake/ water ! Very nice! But the bus 151 is 50kr if you buy from the driver... Remember to buy the next day bus tickets to town if you want to save money and buy from the ticket machine... It's 30kr if you buy from ticket office/ machine...

Very nice location,friendly staff,very clean and good value for money.I would definitely stay there again.

Kitchen is a joke! Terribly equiped!! You can hardly cook there !

The staff were extremely friendly, spoke good English, and were quite knowledgeable about Oslo's sights and sounds. I strongly recommend this hostel as a pleasant and most importantly quiet alternative to other hostels. Reasonably priced but it is out of the city (about 25 minute bus ride). It's feasible to bike to the hostel from the city though and I would recommend it for a beautiful bicycle ride.

Location is not good, very far from town. If you do not have a car, I do not recommend this hostel. Bus fee of Norway is not cheap at all. Room was so so, It's dusty under the bed. Wifi was fast. Kitchen was primary. Breakfast was good.

I booked a 4-bed dorm and ended up in a 2-bed dorm on my own, which was a very, very nice surprise! I had to share the toilet and the bathroom, but I haven't seen anyone else use them. The hostel is pretty far from the city centre, so it's a bit expensive to take the bus everytime. The staff was friendly and the breakfast buffet was also very nice!

Very far out of the city center

Even if it was quite far, it was really clean and the breakfast well served. It's not easy to find a cheap hostel in Oslo, that's why the distance it's not that bad.

We travelled together with a baby. Called them before and they assured its appropriate for families, but when we arrived we got a room on 3rd floor and there was no elevator :(. Our double room was changed to a 3-bed room. But we got a 300NOK discount so that compensated the lack of double bed which we actually preferred. I slept in much cleaner hostels but also much dirtier ones. Kind staff! Ok breakfast. No atmosphere. Nice surroundings. Only recommended as cheap lodging.

• 23rd Jun 2013
  • Sweden

The free breakfast was excellent, however the directions to arrive by train were incorrect. This hostel is in the middle of the suburbs and should have very clear directions. The living areas were uncleaned.

Good value for Oslo, though a little way out of the city centre, and in a residential area. Has everything you need in terms of facilities except for lockers in the dorm rooms.