Oslo Youth Hostel Haraldsheim Reviews

P.O.Box 41, Grefsen, Haraldsheimveien 4, Oslo, Norway

I would definitely not stay here again. The staff were nice and the location was fine - it is not in the centre of Oslo but several train and bus stations are nearby and are easy to use. The atmosphere was very off-putting: a strange smell hang about the hostel the entire time I was there, the floors and bathrooms were not overly clean and, for some reason, the doors to the male and female bathrooms and showers were always left open. It is hard to believe this was a YHA/HI hostel.

Extremely clean, free breakfast

Its about 15 minutes by bus away from anything (ANYTHING) and extremely hard to find. Its a nice hostel, the breakfast is incredible and the kitchen is super well equipped but it seems more like a long stay hostel. After a week in the relatively full hostel I literally didn't meet one other traveller.

An hour's walk to downtown. Clean. Good breakfast included.

Six bunks with one chair and beds too close to the floor to put a suitcase under and a narrow strip to stand between beds. Beautiful flooring and walls in hallway. No bench or shelves in large group bathrooms. Outstanding breakfast. .

Well... This youth hostel is the best among the hostels that I have stayed so far.i like the kitchen,the facilities and of course the location.Will definately stick with the youth hostel whenever there is one with my travelling country!😉😉

The place is amanzing but it was so hard to find and far from the town center. Excellent atmosphere and breakfast

They did not respect our booking and had us sleep in the basement because our room was not available. They still made us pay for linens, even though we could not get our security deposit back since "they do not receive the security deposit". They then threatened to throw us out and have us try to find a new place to stay if we weren't happy with the arrangement- sleeping in the basement. On a separate note, this is hardly a hostel. There are permanent lodgers here (including families).

Good laundry

it was really hard to find. I had to take a taxi to the hostel because I was at a dead end with the directions provided, and lack of public transport to the spot. I'd recommend to not take the bus, rather the street car to the location. (See their instructions provided by the hostel). Otherwise, it is so nice in there! It's big, it's really clean, and the wifi is strong (but not accessible in rooms). The beds are also really comfortable. Come stay here! Just look at directions before coming

Nice hostel with a good breakfast included in the price.