Oslo Youth Hostel Haraldsheim Reviews

P.O.Box 41, Grefsen, Haraldsheimveien 4, Oslo, Norway

Disappointing. Bathrooms and rooms were dirty. No wifi in the rooms. You have to go downstairs (3 floors) for wifi. There are a lot of weird people staying there. Probably the weirdest place I've stayed at. I'm 22 and was the youngest person I met there. Everyone's in their late 50s. The location is very far from downtown. About 1.5 hours by walk or you have to buy a day pass for 10 Euros. The breakfast is disgusting and old and is served from 630 to 930. Who is gonna get up and eat at 9!!!

I must say, both receptionist there were very unfriendly and unhelpful. Other things are okay, except the hospitality of the receptionists. After reading other comments, many travelers alsi mentioning the same thing.

A short bus/metro ride out of the city centre (I also stayed in the Central Oslo hostel and preferred the location but you do pay more). Nice room with big locker, nice big social space with TV and board games, and also a big kitchen. Reasonably easy to meet people, although there was a mix of school groups, a few business guests and travellers/holidaymakers. Great breakfast selection. Good value option if you don't mind the short ride into town.

First, the staff were great! They were super helpful, kind, and good at what they did. This hostel is great for anyone looking for a really quiet hostel stay, as there's no bar, and no alcohol allowed :(. However, this hostel is far away from everything (luckily there are trams decently close by), and the men's showers and toilets were dirty, in disrepair, and could use an overhaul. I'd stay here again, but it wouldn't be my first choice.

clean and well organized, good facility, helpful staff, good breakfast, a bit far away from the city center.

The hostel is up a high steep hill so difficult for people with walking problems. When you get off the tram 17 there is only one sign pointing to the road on the left I walked up this in the pouring rain and the dark and could not find my way as there was no signs at the top of this road was told by a passerby I could not get to hostel that way so had to walk down the hill on up the direct road which was very steep and pull my suitcase. There was no lifts so I had to walk up and down 2 flights.

Oslo was Good every body is good. i will come back.

Staff was very cold, and provided bad information about public transit. The front desk was always busy and I felt like they were trying to get rid of me. Atmosphere is very friendly, but expect to stay with a lot of families. Cooking facilities are spacious and numerous, which is nice when everyone is cooking dinner around 6pm. Only reliable WiFi in the one common room. Must rely on public transit to reach the city.

hostel is about 15 minutes on the tram from the city center,on a nice park with a nice view. the bad point is that there are no shops, bars or restaurants anywhere nearby so you have to bring everything with you. no food is sold at the hostel either. the rooms and whole building reek of cigarettes, and the showers were filthy. this hostel is cheap by Oslo standards, but not a bargain by any means.

Great kitchen and good facilites but it is a fair ways out of the city center... it is however close to the metro which makes it not so bad!

It was a bit hard to find and an uphill trek from the city center and bus stop, but other than that, it really was a great place.

Positive: Very clean, nice facilities, exposed brick and hardwood floors in the hallways, lots of information available, vending machines, free breakfast Negative: you have to pay extra for sheets and towels, the location is not in downtown, but there is a tram stop right in front so it wasn't bad at all, 10 minute ride away

Overall excellent hostel. Little out of the way but nice to explore the lovely cuty of Oslo.

Very clean and well set out hostel. Expensive just like the rest of Oslo. Staff weren't overly friendly but they did their job. The free breakfast is very good. Easy to get the metro or tram into town. Shame they charge for bed linen

I have to say I seldom fill review, however, for the hostel I stayed this time, I would love to cause it is really nice! I stayed in many hostels in different cities around the world, Oslo Youth Hostel Haraldsheim is the best one so far. I like it very much! Staff are kind,helpful and professional. They could tell me all the information I need accurately. I appreciate it. The hostel is well-organized. 4 female form is just perfect for me! Overall I enjoyed the stay very much. Highly recommend.

A pretty nice hostel. More like a hotel vibe though. Mostly families stayed there and some older gentleman mistakenly googled 'hostel' instead of hospice and sat in the tv room for hours, waiting to die. The facilites were nice, plenty of space in the bathrooms and showers. There was also a key pad on every floor ensuring that the building was very secure. They supplied free breakfast which was delicious! You also have to pay extra for bed sheets so be aware.