Pay Purix Hostel - Lima Airport Reviews

Av. Jap�n 806 (ex-Bertello) . Mz. F, Lote 5. Urb, 1er Etapa, Callao, Lima, Peru

Great location to airport!

• 21st Aug 2014

It's walking distance to the airport so I good spot to overnight waiting for a flight. Staff can order in food for you if you don't feel like walking around the block.

Location of hostel is good if you are looking for something close to the airport. The facilities are very basic. I would stay here again only if I was arriving into Lima late at night and flying out on a local flight early the next morning. Otherwise, a better hostel closer to the sites of Lima can be found for the same value.

We just stayed one night. Free pick up is great!

A basic one-night airport stopover hostel. The staff were friendly and the room clean. Special praise to Denis, the taxi driver sub-contracted for pick-ups from the airport, he was friendly and a good source of info. There are restaurants nearby and the hostel also has menus for places that do delivery. US dollars are accepted, though the exchange rate is heavily in favour of the hostel, so better to pay in Sol. They charged me 10 USD for drop off back to the airport, excessive for a 4 min ride.

This is the perfect place to stay if you have a flight transfer and don't want to stay at the airport.

Located close to the airport which was very convenient. However, this isn't the best neighborhood. Definitely a place to stay for a night before or after a flight. The staff was helpful and the facilities were clean. There weren't many people there so it was quiet and mellow.

It was very cheap, had working wifi, and was close to the airport. Don't expect anything else. The pillows were terrible. Used cigarette made the whole bedroom smell, staff did their job but didn't look happy, car pickup from airport was too expensive etc etc.

• 16th Jul 2014

If you're staying here and continuing onto Cusco this is a perfect place to stay just for the night. Wouldn't recommend otherwise. I had sort of an awkward stay when the electricity in the entire hostel went out for the night. The staff were super friendly and tried to fix the problem but just couldn't...so you can't really blame them for uncontrollable circumstances I guess. I thought the girl working the reception desk was also incredibly beautiful which doesn't hurt, ha!

Clean rooms and comfortable bed. No electricity when I arrived. Wouldn't let me pay by credit card even though their ad says you can. Taxi transfer turned up an hour and a half late. Not very nice atmosphere.

The biggest problem was the lack of security. The outside door had to be opened by an attendant which left you standing on a dark street until they got to it. Once inside, our room had an un-lockable window that opened onto a public hallway, and there was literally a chair beneath it - hmm?. If you just need a place to sleep for a few hours before your flight, you're better off buying a pass at the business lounge at the airport. It's cleaner, safer, and quieter, and the showers are hot.

Great place if you are in a hurry to the airport. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is nice for the price. However bring your pillow and matress; they are very thin. The concrete, the tiles and the wallpaper walls make the construction very sensitive to noise. You can hear any conversation, any door, pin dropping, so be sure bring your earplugs. In general is a good place to stay. Locals say the area is not safe, but as long you stay indoors and use their transportation is ok.

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Colombia

Great place for an overnight near the airport. Only bummer was I couldn't get any hot water.

The positive is that It is really close to the airport and they will set up a cab for you to get your plane. If you are spending more than a few hours in Lima and was to see a bit of the city I wouldn't stay here. I had a whole day so I took a cab to downtown and it was extremely difficult to get back to the hostel by cab (and expensive). The staff were nice but when I called for help they couldn't figure out what I needed (my fault with my broken Spanish!). Stay here for the airport.

Pay Purix was exactly what I needed for a 15 hour layover in Lima. Staff were very nice and the showers were clean. 8 soles taxi ride to the airport.

• 1st Jul 2014

Hostel is very close to the airport. Don't have to worry about traffic and making it on time to catch flights. There's a small family resturant two doors down and they serve great meals for only 8 soles. Nice place to stay for airport transfers. This is my second time staying at the hostel.

There were no locks on the internal cubbies, as I was told there would be. The location was a bit sketchy but close to the airport. I felt ripped off by paying 10 times as much for a taxi than I should have been. The atmosphere was cool but the staff was unhelpful and uncaring - I agreed to stay in a quad but it ended up being me (a female) and three grown men. I did not feel safe nor comfortable, and after telling an employee he made me feel worse. The bedding smelled as if it was reused.

Close to airport is one good thing. Rooms were average. Staff was friendly.

This is the perfect place to stay if you have a long layover. It's walking distance from the airport unless you have a lot of stuff or it's very late at night. The staff was very kind and they had a large selection of movies to kill the time. If you get in late and need a fast place to recuperate before hitting the city or a long layover, this is the place for you. Of course if you are staying longer you'll want to find a place closer to the city.

Staff was extremely helpful!

• 19th Jun 2014