Pay Purix Hostel - Lima Airport Reviews

Av. Jap�n 806 (ex-Bertello) . Mz. F, Lote 5. Urb, 1er Etapa, Callao, Lima, Peru

Transport to/from airport on the spot, good communication before and dying stay. Place has all basic commodities covered and staff very helpful. Will come back, thanks!

• 2nd Feb 2015
  • Spain

The place is extremely claustrophobic.. Very dark. Need more light.

We got electrocuted by the shower. The beds were the worst we had on our whole 2 month trip. May as well have been sleeping on the floor! We used clothes for pillows as the pillows supplied were basically bricks. It was an easy 1 night stay close to airport with a good transfer service late at night but we would not go back.

• 27th Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

Pay Purix was exactly what we needed. Near the airport, super airport pick up! Dennis our driver spoken excellent English and gave brilliant advice on Cuzco. The hostel itself was clean and the staff were friendly. The dorms didn't lock but they had free large individual lockers. Its best quality was location. We had a very cheap morning in the nearby markets getting a hair cut for 6soles and lunch for 6soles. AMAZING! Would use againnas so close to the airport!

Hard to find even for the cab drivers. Not in the nice part of the town but relatively close to the airport (15 minutes drive). Not totally worth the money, beds were clean, shower was not, water was hot and breakfast was rich. Wouldn't recommend it. They rip off on taxis like hell and instead of official cab they put me on an old dirty car with NO license nor signalization whatsoever - must have been a cousin of someone... Uncool for double the official price. Better go to the center.

This hostel was very good for the one night that I needed it before a flight. The taxi service was very good. Because the room was so cheap, I expected poor facilities, but a towel was provided and the breakfast of bread, fruits, and cereal was very good. The location is not a great neighborhood, and isn't for long-term tourism. However, I really enjoyed my one-night experience here.

Really great breakfast with fresh fruit and an easy place to stay for airport access.

Heard some screems at the night. Gun holes in the fassade. Airport pickup did not work. Lame excuse: "the driver sent a friend and the friend did not come". Had to take a cab which cost the dobble (40 soles). My single bed room was dusty. Found some trash (sign of a bra) under my bed, coind falling from the cupboard when i fetched the blanket. Would not go again.

For what this hostel is used for, it's excellent. It's undoubtably a place to stay if you're flying in, flying out the next day and just want to get somewhere and relax. The breakfast is actually excellent, plenty of fruit! The only reason the vibe isn't any greater is because everyone staying there is looking to do the same thing: arrive, sleep, eat, take off the next day. Otherwise it would be really cool. I'd stay here again if I ever return to Lima for one night.

Perfect for staying a night to catch a plane the following day. We stayed in a private room. Taxi pick up from and to the hostel. Hot water, nice room, very clean. The common areas are drab and dark, but who cares I guess if it's just a stopover! We took a bus to Lima centre for the day. It takes an hour each way and goes from right outside the hostel.

One of my favorite hostels in Peru. I had a great time while I was there, staff was super helpful and very friendly, large kitchen, games available, and SUPER close to the airport so it was easy to catch my middle of the night flight.

The hostel was great as close to the airport, they offered a pick up to which was great as arrived late, also helped the next day too. It was quiet.

Our experience was excellent! Very chill & relaxing atmosphere, good breakfast (bread, butter, cereal, fruit, & coffee), maintained facilities, nice patio! The only downside was it wasn't in a great area in Lima. Getting cabs to drive to other parts of Lima was fine but getting a cab back would cost s./50 & would 2-3 tries to find a driver who would try to drive us. There also wasn't places we could walk to for attractions or conveniences. Everyone was super friendly though! Would stay again :)

• 6th Jan 2015

I stayed here for a few hours over night while waiting for an inward flight from Lima. It's great if you just need to stop over at Lima airport. Nice hostel, clean with hot showers. Only negative was uncomfortable pillow and green light coming into room through window above door. They can order take out which is good.

I stayed for one night, well a few hours really, as I arrived late one night and had to leave really early the next morning. This hostel was good for that. They did charge the full price for airport pickup even though there were 2 of us in the car.

Im glad I chose to stay here even just for the day while waiting for my flight the staff were so great and really wanted to help. It was a nice respite after a long day of travel. The location is very convienient and the hot showers, warm blankets, fresh fruit breakfast and excellent atmosphere made for a calming travel break. Also Dennis the driver was great!

We stayed at this hostel for a place to sleep near the airport and it was fine for that, but otherwise nothing special. They offer a good airport pick-up service for 22Soles, airport taxis charged at least double so we were happy we arranged with them. The hostel itself isn't great. Staff are good but the beds were terrible. The pillow were brutally uncomfortable. Also, in the shared room the bathroom has a glass door so if someone is in there it shines light everywhere into the bedroom.

This was a very convenient stay during my 12 hours in Peru and made for a great night's sleep. The driver they arranged from the airport was helpful and they even helped arrange a ride when I had to go on a quick errand before my flight. I'm super positive about the driver and staff experience. I saw one there guest while I was there and would have loved more secure locks on the doors but otherwise there were no issues. This is not a vibrant neighborhood in Peru but it was very convenient!

Cheap and quiet place near the airport. We walked out past the coca cola billboards and over the pedestrian bridge where all of the Peruvians were catching taxis and found one that would take us there for 8 soles.

This place is just a place to sleep near the airport, so don't have high expectations. The area surrounding the hostel is pretty sketch, so unfortunately, I would recommend getting a taxi from the airport.