Pay Purix Hostel - Lima Airport Reviews

Av. Jap�n 806 (ex-Bertello) . Mz. F, Lote 5. Urb, 1er Etapa, Callao, Lima, Peru

Great stopover hostel. I was coming in right at midnight on New Year's Eve, so it was kind of a weird experience, but I was happy to get there and they took good care of me. Great value for the price, and the staff was friendly and helpful. Overall a pleasant welcome to Peru. Get to Miraflores ASAP though! Or downtown. Surprisingly good atmosphere for an airport hostel.

I stayed for one night, well a few hours really, as I arrived late one night and had to leave really early the next morning. This hostel was good for that. They did charge the full price for airport pickup even though there were 2 of us in the car.

Im glad I chose to stay here even just for the day while waiting for my flight the staff were so great and really wanted to help. It was a nice respite after a long day of travel. The location is very convienient and the hot showers, warm blankets, fresh fruit breakfast and excellent atmosphere made for a calming travel break. Also Dennis the driver was great!

We stayed at this hostel for a place to sleep near the airport and it was fine for that, but otherwise nothing special. They offer a good airport pick-up service for 22Soles, airport taxis charged at least double so we were happy we arranged with them. The hostel itself isn't great. Staff are good but the beds were terrible. The pillow were brutally uncomfortable. Also, in the shared room the bathroom has a glass door so if someone is in there it shines light everywhere into the bedroom.

This was a very convenient stay during my 12 hours in Peru and made for a great night's sleep. The driver they arranged from the airport was helpful and they even helped arrange a ride when I had to go on a quick errand before my flight. I'm super positive about the driver and staff experience. I saw one there guest while I was there and would have loved more secure locks on the doors but otherwise there were no issues. This is not a vibrant neighborhood in Peru but it was very convenient!

Cheap and quiet place near the airport. We walked out past the coca cola billboards and over the pedestrian bridge where all of the Peruvians were catching taxis and found one that would take us there for 8 soles.

This place is just a place to sleep near the airport, so don't have high expectations. The area surrounding the hostel is pretty sketch, so unfortunately, I would recommend getting a taxi from the airport.

Room and facilities were clean and had hot water. It was very close to the airport. My only complaint is that there were no restaurants or stores within many blocks of the hostel.

• 6th Dec 2014

Stayed there after landing in Lima early morning hostel was okay staff were okay really taxi driver was ace

If you are using the airport then this is an excellent choice, a mere 10 mins walk or a very short taxi ride (note: they have a very friendly driver who can meet you at the airport) . I was given my own room at dorm rates, the breakfast was fine, security was excellent and the staff very helpful and friendly.

Perfect for late night/early morning transfers to the airport. It is actually set up to be a good hostel with a good kitchen/bar area and good communal areas, but if visiting Lima you'd want to be more central. Airport transfers are a little expensive given the short distance but worth it for the convenience plus the driver is a top bloke.

Really wonderful place to stay after arriving in Lima late at night. The staff was extremely kind and helpful, and made us feel comfortable on our first night in Peru. Neighborhood around the hostel is a little shady, but we would definitely stay here again when flying to/from Lima! Also- I advise using the transport that they organize for you from the airport!

We only stayed one night, arriving very late and leaving early in the morning. For a cheap place to stay by the airport we found Pay Purix to be great. The taxi pick up and drop off was all on time and friendly. The young man on the front desk was also very friendly and helpful. The facilities were basic, but clean. For the price, definitely recommended.

• 8th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

For what I was looking for, pay purix was perfect. I got into Lima at 1:30 a.m. So how close it was to the airport was perfect. It is very far from any site seeing though. Staff was excellent, and our room was clean and comfortable. The neighborhood is really sketchy. I'd definitely go back if I only had a layover in Lima. For extended stays, go elsewhere.

Gabriella is one of the nicest and helpful receptionists I have ever had the pleasure to meet. If your coming into lima from the airport, it is worth it to stay here just to have her help you get your barrings, and gain an instant sense of being welcome and at home! It is by the airport around no touristy things, by this IS the real Peruvian type of district they don't show you pictures of on the internet, and only an adventurous hour bus ride (for 1.5soles) from token city centre.

During our stay, there was no water in the shower. This was in theory caused by a major problem in Lima, nevertheless, it was strange to experience that the toilet flush and the tap were fine and showers were totally cut out of the water circulation.

This was a stop over hostel to sleep in while waiting for morning flight to cusco. The hostel is dark inside in the common areas, not somewhere you want to hang out but simply a stop over hostel. It is cheap but then I was overcharged a lot. They had an airport pick up and drop off taxi service which was the highlight!. The driver was really nice and friendly and safe. He was my first introduction to Peru and Lima and I felt good about that.

1 2 Next » last »