Pay Purix Hostel - Lima Airport Reviews

Av. Jap�n 806 (ex-Bertello) . Mz. F, Lote 5. Urb, 1er Etapa, Callao, Lima, Peru

For what this hostel is used for, it's excellent. It's undoubtably a place to stay if you're flying in, flying out the next day and just want to get somewhere and relax. The breakfast is actually excellent, plenty of fruit! The only reason the vibe isn't any greater is because everyone staying there is looking to do the same thing: arrive, sleep, eat, take off the next day. Otherwise it would be really cool. I'd stay here again if I ever return to Lima for one night.

Perfect for staying a night to catch a plane the following day. We stayed in a private room. Taxi pick up from and to the hostel. Hot water, nice room, very clean. The common areas are drab and dark, but who cares I guess if it's just a stopover! We took a bus to Lima centre for the day. It takes an hour each way and goes from right outside the hostel.

One of my favorite hostels in Peru. I had a great time while I was there, staff was super helpful and very friendly, large kitchen, games available, and SUPER close to the airport so it was easy to catch my middle of the night flight.

The hostel was great as close to the airport, they offered a pick up to which was great as arrived late, also helped the next day too. It was quiet.

Our experience was excellent! Very chill & relaxing atmosphere, good breakfast (bread, butter, cereal, fruit, & coffee), maintained facilities, nice patio! The only downside was it wasn't in a great area in Lima. Getting cabs to drive to other parts of Lima was fine but getting a cab back would cost s./50 & would 2-3 tries to find a driver who would try to drive us. There also wasn't places we could walk to for attractions or conveniences. Everyone was super friendly though! Would stay again :)

• 6th Jan 2015

I stayed here for a few hours over night while waiting for an inward flight from Lima. It's great if you just need to stop over at Lima airport. Nice hostel, clean with hot showers. Only negative was uncomfortable pillow and green light coming into room through window above door. They can order take out which is good.

Great stopover hostel. I was coming in right at midnight on New Year's Eve, so it was kind of a weird experience, but I was happy to get there and they took good care of me. Great value for the price, and the staff was friendly and helpful. Overall a pleasant welcome to Peru. Get to Miraflores ASAP though! Or downtown. Surprisingly good atmosphere for an airport hostel.

I stayed for one night, well a few hours really, as I arrived late one night and had to leave really early the next morning. This hostel was good for that. They did charge the full price for airport pickup even though there were 2 of us in the car.

Im glad I chose to stay here even just for the day while waiting for my flight the staff were so great and really wanted to help. It was a nice respite after a long day of travel. The location is very convienient and the hot showers, warm blankets, fresh fruit breakfast and excellent atmosphere made for a calming travel break. Also Dennis the driver was great!

We stayed at this hostel for a place to sleep near the airport and it was fine for that, but otherwise nothing special. They offer a good airport pick-up service for 22Soles, airport taxis charged at least double so we were happy we arranged with them. The hostel itself isn't great. Staff are good but the beds were terrible. The pillow were brutally uncomfortable. Also, in the shared room the bathroom has a glass door so if someone is in there it shines light everywhere into the bedroom.

This was a very convenient stay during my 12 hours in Peru and made for a great night's sleep. The driver they arranged from the airport was helpful and they even helped arrange a ride when I had to go on a quick errand before my flight. I'm super positive about the driver and staff experience. I saw one there guest while I was there and would have loved more secure locks on the doors but otherwise there were no issues. This is not a vibrant neighborhood in Peru but it was very convenient!

Cheap and quiet place near the airport. We walked out past the coca cola billboards and over the pedestrian bridge where all of the Peruvians were catching taxis and found one that would take us there for 8 soles.

This place is just a place to sleep near the airport, so don't have high expectations. The area surrounding the hostel is pretty sketch, so unfortunately, I would recommend getting a taxi from the airport.

Room and facilities were clean and had hot water. It was very close to the airport. My only complaint is that there were no restaurants or stores within many blocks of the hostel.

• 6th Dec 2014

Stayed there after landing in Lima early morning hostel was okay staff were okay really taxi driver was ace

If you are using the airport then this is an excellent choice, a mere 10 mins walk or a very short taxi ride (note: they have a very friendly driver who can meet you at the airport) . I was given my own room at dorm rates, the breakfast was fine, security was excellent and the staff very helpful and friendly.

Perfect for late night/early morning transfers to the airport. It is actually set up to be a good hostel with a good kitchen/bar area and good communal areas, but if visiting Lima you'd want to be more central. Airport transfers are a little expensive given the short distance but worth it for the convenience plus the driver is a top bloke.

Really wonderful place to stay after arriving in Lima late at night. The staff was extremely kind and helpful, and made us feel comfortable on our first night in Peru. Neighborhood around the hostel is a little shady, but we would definitely stay here again when flying to/from Lima! Also- I advise using the transport that they organize for you from the airport!

We only stayed one night, arriving very late and leaving early in the morning. For a cheap place to stay by the airport we found Pay Purix to be great. The taxi pick up and drop off was all on time and friendly. The young man on the front desk was also very friendly and helpful. The facilities were basic, but clean. For the price, definitely recommended.

• 8th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

For what I was looking for, pay purix was perfect. I got into Lima at 1:30 a.m. So how close it was to the airport was perfect. It is very far from any site seeing though. Staff was excellent, and our room was clean and comfortable. The neighborhood is really sketchy. I'd definitely go back if I only had a layover in Lima. For extended stays, go elsewhere.