Peace House Showa Reviews

2-8-4 Sanno, Nishinari-ku, Osaka, Japan

It is a very friendly hostel with very reasonable fee located in a traditional Japanese neighborhood. There are two traditional public baths nearby. Some long-stay travelers leave belongings in the room or public area, but still quite neat. The entrance is next to the smoking room : ( One of the few rules for staying there is be quiet, others are not clarified. Staffs are very nice. It is a great place for a short-stay if you need to hurry to the airport (simply JR) the next day.

• 6th Apr 2014

The staff is friendly and helpful. However, the hostel's location may be hard for some to find, as it is situated in a residential area, and talking is prohibited on the street leading to the Peace House. We were separated from the room next to us by only a thin, foldable wall, which kept us from talking with other guests late into the night.

So shocked with the old beds and shower room with poor facilities. No mirror in one of the toliet. No privacy even in twins room. Totally different with the photos shown in the website. Not recommended.

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

During night time ( 11 pm - 7 am) silence recommended.

I stayed in Peace House Showa for four nights and it was great, such a friendly staff and a really good atmosphere. It's easy to meet new people in the common room and I made a lot of friends here. Also the location is quite central, it's easy to go anywhere from Tennoji station (10min walk). The hostel is clean and the rooms are cozy, just the bunkbeds are a bit squeeky. Also they let me store my luggage for four days when I went to Kyoto. Will come back on my next trip to Osaka!

Don't leave bad reviews too often but this hostel is definitely not the best... We stayed for 3 nights in March (cherry blossoms season) so everywhere was very busy and this was the best we could find. What to expect: Nice staff... people (mainly staff) staying up to 4am be loud every night we were there... beds that are more like blankets on the ground... kind of a dodgy area (by Japan's standards)...

Good hostel with friendly staff. Not the cleanest guesthouse in the world, but for the price it's definitely worth a stay.

Firstly, the location of this hostel, despite using several forms of directions and a GPS was impossible to find, especially at night. It is also very close to the red light district, although also near Tennoji station, which is convenient. The staff do not seem very well organized. Cleanliness and facilities are just acceptable. Very cheap, but you get what you pay for. I probably would not ever stay here again.

I had a great time at Peace House Showa. The staff was friendly, I met cool people from all over the world, Namba was at walking distance and the facilities were great with complete kitchenware and fancy toilets. There was not much space in my dorm to store luggage though.

• 11th Feb 2014

Peace House is located in what is likely the most curious and unique places in Osaka. Everyone I met was talkative and interesting, the atmosphere is great.

• 6th Feb 2014

The hostel was great. Every time I spend time here, is like being with family. The staff is great and friendly, and they help out a lot with moving around the city. It is hard to find the first time, but people are so nice they will always show you the way. It's a great place for the price. The owner is fantastic, she will always find you a great place to eat. She will also organize an event, which is always a good change to meet new people. There is never a dull moment when I'm here.

Location, Part 1: The hostel is tucked away in a labyrinth of side streets that make it very difficult to find. I used google maps to find the location, went to the nearest subway station, and when trying to walk there (which in theory should have been a 10ish min. walk) I had to ask four people for help with directions. Location, Part 2: The hostel is in the same neighborhood as the Osaka red light district, Tobita Shinchi. Could be a pro or a con, depending on what you're looking for.

A nice little Ryokan style hostel, helpful staff and in an area where you can get everything you need. Much nicer than a plane faced hotel or hostel

Comfortable stay in peaceful place, quiet and relaxed. Could do with some small improvements to the bathroom, to add a little more privacy.

Guys kitchen are really ok, and I was so happy to be able to use safety box, internet access and meet gr8 ppls. But please add a sink in private room for lady and for men, I used toilet for changing room and to brush my teeth ! And a friend was drying her hair in same time a guy shaved face loool. But I highly recommand the place, near to subway and teain station, big malls, very japanese supermarket with food readytoeat, nice restaurants around, was also amaze to be in tradi japanese area :D

It was a nice and cosy place. The beds are not bad for a Japanese hostel. It was old but clean. The showers were good, however you needed to go through the living room to get there. The staff is really friendly but doesn't speak English very well.