Peace House Showa Reviews

2-8-4 Sanno, Nishinari-ku, Osaka, Japan

As a backpacker, it is a very good place to recommend all backpacker live in there.First,the price is cheap and the place is good as well!!!The staff there is nice too that they will enjoy to talk with you.Actually, it is my second time to visit this place. I think this is a good place for me to talk with different people because they all come from different countries. This place brought me lots of valuable experience.I truly recommend this place to all of the backpacker who gonna visit osaka.

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

The people in there are very nice. They are so helpful and friendly. They would provide the opinion where have good food and worth to visit. And the price is very cheap, it is very suitable for backpacker or person who would like to know more friends.

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

Location was easy to find when by loading the area on my smart phone using google maps and using gps when i got out of Tennoji station. Hostel is small and there are paper walls separating the dorms. Earplugs did the trick for me. I loved the staff and the atmosphere.

not bad a bad place for the money there asking for per night

There were cockroaches in our room. The room was filthy. They offered us another room, but that night, people in the hostel stayed up until 3 in the morning making noises and laughing. Shower only had a curtain to divide the area. No key to the room. Not recommend this hostel if you want to stay quietly.

Friendly staff although their cancellation policy is annoying (you have to pay 50% if you don't cancel five days beforehand. ..even if you didn't book five days ahead!!). The walls were very thin and I found a big stain on my sheets. Difficult to find.

Awesome Place !, All staff very good. recommend !

• 5th May 2014
  • Thailand

We paid a private twin room, we were between 2 halls and it was hard to sleep cause of light !

Our private room had a semi-transparent sliding walls on both sides, there was no way to lock the doors. Someone else's suitcases were stored in our room on check-in ("nowhere else to store them" told by staff). During day, some of our things were moved with and the suitcases have changed, so someone has entered our room in our absence! We were shocked by the lack of privacy and security and the fact that none of it was clearly mentioned on the web. Unprofessional impression.

It is a very friendly hostel with very reasonable fee located in a traditional Japanese neighborhood. There are two traditional public baths nearby. Some long-stay travelers leave belongings in the room or public area, but still quite neat. The entrance is next to the smoking room : ( One of the few rules for staying there is be quiet, others are not clarified. Staffs are very nice. It is a great place for a short-stay if you need to hurry to the airport (simply JR) the next day.

• 6th Apr 2014

The staff is friendly and helpful. However, the hostel's location may be hard for some to find, as it is situated in a residential area, and talking is prohibited on the street leading to the Peace House. We were separated from the room next to us by only a thin, foldable wall, which kept us from talking with other guests late into the night.

So shocked with the old beds and shower room with poor facilities. No mirror in one of the toliet. No privacy even in twins room. Totally different with the photos shown in the website. Not recommended.

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

During night time ( 11 pm - 7 am) silence recommended.

I stayed in Peace House Showa for four nights and it was great, such a friendly staff and a really good atmosphere. It's easy to meet new people in the common room and I made a lot of friends here. Also the location is quite central, it's easy to go anywhere from Tennoji station (10min walk). The hostel is clean and the rooms are cozy, just the bunkbeds are a bit squeeky. Also they let me store my luggage for four days when I went to Kyoto. Will come back on my next trip to Osaka!

Don't leave bad reviews too often but this hostel is definitely not the best... We stayed for 3 nights in March (cherry blossoms season) so everywhere was very busy and this was the best we could find. What to expect: Nice staff... people (mainly staff) staying up to 4am be loud every night we were there... beds that are more like blankets on the ground... kind of a dodgy area (by Japan's standards)...

Good hostel with friendly staff. Not the cleanest guesthouse in the world, but for the price it's definitely worth a stay.

Firstly, the location of this hostel, despite using several forms of directions and a GPS was impossible to find, especially at night. It is also very close to the red light district, although also near Tennoji station, which is convenient. The staff do not seem very well organized. Cleanliness and facilities are just acceptable. Very cheap, but you get what you pay for. I probably would not ever stay here again.

I had a great time at Peace House Showa. The staff was friendly, I met cool people from all over the world, Namba was at walking distance and the facilities were great with complete kitchenware and fancy toilets. There was not much space in my dorm to store luggage though.

• 11th Feb 2014

Peace House is located in what is likely the most curious and unique places in Osaka. Everyone I met was talkative and interesting, the atmosphere is great.

• 6th Feb 2014