Peace House Showa Reviews

2-8-4 Sanno, Nishinari-ku, Osaka, Japan

Our booking is 4 person in one room , but another unknown person was arrange share with our room in first day stay, according to management the hostel was fully booked .

Hard to find

Staff is kind and helpful. Not so clean as i like and very little space to store things. In any case cheap for Osaka.

Security : They never lock main door of Hostel. In the night time, anybody who knows hostel well can com into hostel freely. Location : Pretty close to subway station. However, hostel located street seems little bit dangerous in the night time. Staff : They don't use English well. I couldn't feel any caring from them while I was staying. Cleanliness : Very dirty. I saw spiders more than two times. I stayed there just two nights and mostly I was not in the hostel. Very old building.

The staff was welcoming, but there was not a lot of local knowledge. The discounted ticket to the public bath did not work. It was a nice night.

• 18th Jul 2014

This was one of the best hostels I've stayed at. There was a sense of community among the guests and the staff. Instead of entering to a reception desk, guests entered directly into a living room, where guests would call out "welcome home!" to new arrivals every night. The coin lockers are helpful, too. The only thing that holds me back is the location. It's a sketchy neighbourhood near the red-light district, and since the front door is hidden among residential streets, it's hard to find.

As a backpacker, it is a very good place to recommend all backpacker live in there.First,the price is cheap and the place is good as well!!!The staff there is nice too that they will enjoy to talk with you.Actually, it is my second time to visit this place. I think this is a good place for me to talk with different people because they all come from different countries. This place brought me lots of valuable experience.I truly recommend this place to all of the backpacker who gonna visit osaka.

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

The people in there are very nice. They are so helpful and friendly. They would provide the opinion where have good food and worth to visit. And the price is very cheap, it is very suitable for backpacker or person who would like to know more friends.

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

Location was easy to find when by loading the area on my smart phone using google maps and using gps when i got out of Tennoji station. Hostel is small and there are paper walls separating the dorms. Earplugs did the trick for me. I loved the staff and the atmosphere.

not bad a bad place for the money there asking for per night

There were cockroaches in our room. The room was filthy. They offered us another room, but that night, people in the hostel stayed up until 3 in the morning making noises and laughing. Shower only had a curtain to divide the area. No key to the room. Not recommend this hostel if you want to stay quietly.

Friendly staff although their cancellation policy is annoying (you have to pay 50% if you don't cancel five days beforehand. ..even if you didn't book five days ahead!!). The walls were very thin and I found a big stain on my sheets. Difficult to find.

Awesome Place !, All staff very good. recommend !

• 5th May 2014