Peace & Love Hostel Reviews

245 Rue La Fayette, Paris, France

The hostel staff is alright. The location of the hostel is a little far from the very center of Paris, but luckily it is located next to a train station. It is a little expensive for the location.

THIS HOSTEL IS WORST HOSTEL I'VE EVER BEEN. I chose this hostel cuz of cheap price. But, the location is far from city center, and the receptionist (the old guy) was really bad, even he didn't see me and I had to ASK ALL THE THING, and then I replied me shortly, rudely. After that, I had to go upstairs, to 6th floor, without elevator, with my luggage !!!! insane. and the room is too small, bathroom and toilet, especially the shower booth was not clean and very tight even for one person.

By getting a 16-bed room I knew what I was getting in to, but it's a detriment to everyone to have triple bunk beds which creak anytime someone moves, waking up the other two bunk mates. Also there was no air circulation in that room (Room R), but if we opened the window then all the noise from the street came in- we were truly between a rock and a hard place. And the security at the hostel seemed shoddy- anyone could walk downstairs and rummage through the bags in storage.

• 11th Jun 2015

The owners aren't friendly and the atmosphere of the place did not surprise me. The Hostel is very close to the fire department of the city, so do not expect a quiet night's sleep, the alarming sirens all the time. There is no free internet in the rooms so that you will have to pay an extra amount, which is absurd. Tthe room is too small, no place for locking.

• 10th Jun 2015

Good, except I stepped in puke and the sheets were a little dirty

It was ok at best! Good people! Bad staff!

Noisy place. The third bed was occupying the door of the bathroom. We had to jump the bed to enter to the bath

• 1st Jun 2015
  • Spain

Nice hostel with a great atmosphere. but not enough showers for the 14 bed room(only one).

• 1st Jun 2015

I had great time there. The atmosphere is unique, helpful staff.

• 26th May 2015
  • Bulgaria

14 bed room with one bathroom between all guests was just totally impractical. The room was also dirty, only one plus between all the guests, and a cleaner came in early in the morning and woke me up to ask of I was checking our, which was not appreciated after 15 hours of travelling the previous day. Also a very noisy location, constant police sirens, and did not feel particularly safe walking around as a solo traveller at night. Not terrible but certainly would look elsewhere in future.

great location and great price. The rooms were small and the showers were oddly placed. But everything else was just great.

• 22nd May 2015

It is just a bed and a shower (shower is literally positioned next to the bunk bed in the same room). For the money it is ok. Good location.

Staff didn't seem overly polite. The washrooms downstairs were very unclean. The location is decent if you use the metro. Walking distance to the south side where the museums are is around one hour. It's okay if you are just looking for somewhere to sleep.

The people in the reception was on a bad mood.

Just skip this creepy place. No fresh air, small and very hot rooms, dirty and dusty, and strange people at the reception. I felt unsafe there. And the price was just 3 or 4 euros less than the place I moved in the morning, which I definitely recommend : St Christopher

The bartender/receptionist was helpful although not really kind. He also looked disappointed to check in a man. The party reputation of the hostel attracts bunch of horny weirdos who (presumably) hope to get laid with a drunk foreign girl. I slept in a 14-bed room (12 guys, 2 girls) and I am sure at least 2 guys were some lousy perverts, some others were debatable.

The place is very small, there are three beds in one tiny room with one little bathroom in there. There´s not internet in rooms only at the bar. The personal was fine but in general the hostel isn´t really cool.

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Mexico

Was there for 3 nights, it is not a good hostel...it is old and a little dirty...there was a gumy bear from the former resident in the room floor, one of the 3 beds was in front of the bathroom door, I had to jump over the bed to get to the bathroom, really bad! downstairs there is a weird bar with strange people...anyway, don't recommend...just go if it is your only option and for 1 or 2 nights...

Peace and Love Hostel is not a place for females to stay. When you walk in, you get a terrible whiff of God knows what. The owner/manager instantly creeps on you, as well. The bar is filled with creepy men looking for a pretty girl to potentially "get lucky." The rooms are extremely small and dirty. The blankets were ratty and torn. The shower in the bathroom didn't have a shower curtain, which is a problem when you share a room with a male. It is also located in a sketchy neighborhood.

• 28th Mar 2015

Staff is rude and unhelpful, common areas might as well not exist as you are moved and corraled off somewhere when other people visit the bar. It's not great. If the weather is nice you're probably better off with a blanket under a bridge. If it's not it's a draw.