Peace & Love Hostel Reviews

245 Rue La Fayette, Paris, France

Not the party atmosphere they claim. However it was the beginning of fall, not the summer. Staff was rude.

The guy at the reception was very rude and acted like he was doing me a favor. The place was not that good, but for the price and location I would say it was fine. I would come back, but I would probably look for other similar places first.

Very nice place!

Really good hostel!

When we arrived, our room was filthy (later we heard everyone there had this problem). The beds were like somebody had just rolled out and there was trash on the floor. When we went to the hostess, she pretended like it was totally normal. She didn't apologize once and was very impolite. She told us the room would be clean at 6, even though the mail said we could come at 2 (she said it didn't say we would have a CLEAN room at that time). She wouldn't give us our money (90 euros/night) back.

• 24th Oct 2014

I only stayed there one night and I had an amazing time. I met 4 awesome ppl in the lobby area which is a bar (so convenient) and we all went out together! Plus, 2.50 for jose cuervo shots… can't beat that. It's perfect to pre game and the staff was extremely helpful. There are lockers downstairs for valuables. Free wifi in the lobby while the bar is open which is all you really need bc it closes around 1:45. Downfalls: I had to climb up to my top bunk, no ladder and the shower was stained!

The people who work here are very rude. They advertise lockers, they have them but they are very small, they can not even fit a bag and they also locked and didn't open on us on 3 different occasions. The staff is very rude, and will wake you up while you are sleeping to ask when you are leaving. The bathrooms in the room are DISCUSTING and I really do not think they clean them.. You would probably be more clean by not showering in them. The rooms are VERY small, and they cram beds in a room.

• 23rd Oct 2014

The triple bunk beds were a little awkward to see in general. All of the beds in my room were at different heights, but I was lucky enough to have a bed of average height. The one bathroom to a room, however, is a little difficult to share with 13 other people.

• 22nd Oct 2014

The rooms are too small, people who don't know each other need a little more personal space at before getting familiar.

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Turkey

Stayed there for 2 days and were given room 17 (located at 6th floor - highest). Had to climb up and down, can you possibly imagine it when you are not feeling well still. Staff refuse to change room. First saying I got to pay extra, secondly there is no rooms left in the lower floors, thirdly saying I can't change the room because its already passed the time. Had to wait till 10am for check in. Bed linens were not change yet. Limited space, dirty, bad service. Please improve.

• 16th Oct 2014
  • Singapore

Stayed in a 3 bed dorm en-suite, cheap, it was clean. Hostel had lockers to put away your valuables.

• 14th Oct 2014
  • Portugal

Very average. Just a bed. Staff are unwelcoming and don't care about you at all. They will kick you out of the room to change a few beds. Pretty annoying after a large night. Your not missing anything if you don't stay here. But the beds are comfortable. That's a plus. Struggling to think of anything else positive.

Just pray you don't have to deal with the guy at reception. He is an a$$*%le. So rude. Unhelpful. No knowledge of the city (either that or he couldn't be bothered telling me). Rooms are very cramped. Wifi barely works. Music is too loud at night if you want to sleep to leave early. Has a bar but no atmosphere. I blame the staff, the give a nice vibe to hang around. Plus the cleaning people will wake you up in the morning and kick you out of the room to clean. Ridiculous. Avoid. Has a kitchen tho

Peace and Love was a big upgrade from our first hostel in Paris. The bedroom and bathroom were a bit small but who spends time in their room, right? The personnel were friendly and the bar was fun.

Good place, good people. Very funny the nights at hostel's pub. Great place for young people (20-35). Go there.

It´s a good hostel. I could only prefer to have free wifi 24hs a day at the rooms! 2014 !!! oh! and payment with card too!

• 28th Sep 2014
  • Argentina

This hostel is really interesting because the reception is a bar! Is very Parisian, the rooms are small, but every thing is charming! I enjoy my time there!

The toilet is really smelly! And because is close to the fire station! So freaking noisy at night! I stay there for 3 night, not a night can sleep good!

We found bedbugs since the 1st night, we cancelled the reservation, and we still had a lot of problems with our clothes for the whole week. They gave us our money back for the left nights without problem but the nights that we stayed there they weren't that fun. Check very well for bedbugs overthere!!

• 20th Sep 2014
  • Mexico

That hostel is an oven! Too hot, especially in the kitchen, I almost fainted! The fridge was out of order for our stay, in a hostel I'd expect it to be replaced IMMEDIATELY! Internet slow and ONLY in the bar. You can only pay cash and staff is quite unaware if your existence. I won't go back...