Peace & Love Hostel Reviews

245 Rue La Fayette, Paris, France

Did not receive a confirmation email until 5 days after booking, on day of check in. Because of a page loading error and the fact that hostelworld.com and Peace and Love did not send a confirmation, I believed that the booking had not been completed and booked a room in another hostel. I was charged for the room and have been offered no refund or even an explanation as to why a confirmation email would take 5 days.

• 5th Jul 2014

I got punched in the face outside the hostel, so security and location were going to be rated low by me. The reception guy was very dismissive and clearly didn't want to be bothered by male guests, average in Paris. Having no key , and having all the rooms relatively filthy didn't make the atmosphere very enjoyable. There were bathrooms, wifi, a bed and a bar, all of which were decent, so facilities lands on average, and it was cheap, but not so cheap as to earn an excellent rating there.

• 5th Jul 2014

The hostel was ok. The room was so tiny that we had to jump over the side of the bed in order to get into the bathroom. We saw that fresh linens and towels were provided so that was comforting. If I had been looking to stay in a hostel with a party atmosphere this hostel would have been a good choice but, unfortunately after a full day of walking we were too tired to do anything but sleep.

• 5th Jul 2014

The room was extremely hot and small; barely had room to open bathroom or shower door. I thought I could open the window for air but this area of France picks up at night and carries well into the morning, so bring earplugs.

Overall okay i guess :)

• 4th Jul 2014

I had an excellent stay at the hostel. Fairly close to the train station but could have used some clear directions on the site about how to get to hostel... It was a little confusing checking in at the bar. I think a nice check in sign coul easily fix that. Overall great experience, I would stay here again and would recommmmend it to solo female travelers looking for a good place to stay!

• 2nd Jul 2014

The people were friendly but the hostel is too far from the attractions of Paris.

• 1st Jul 2014

Cool spot, super easy to find off the metro. The bar is pretty sweet and the bartenders there know which direction to point you I'm to have a great night. Be warned, if you dont like small spaces, the 14 person dorm may not be for you. All in all, I think its a great place to meet people and enjoy your nights in Paris!

Staffs are bad. You have to climb like hell if you get a high floor room.

The hostel had a great atmosphere at the bar. As a student travelling alone it was nice to make some friends. It is perfectly located in between two metro stops, so easy to get around. Not the cleanest

Would go again. Sketchy with bookings of multiple guests, would really double check about having the same room if travelling with someone. Bartender kept giving us free drinks out of nowhere, us the quiet ones in the corner.

• 23rd Jun 2014

Not worth the money. Super tiny rooms, shower is practically in your bed. Shower was broken. Nothing provided as far as soap or floor towel. Toilets are in the stairwell. Bartender who checks you in had an attitude. Wouldn't stay here again.

It was in a nice area, beautiful views of the canal and area, plus a great kitchen to use. The only issues were the endless flights of stairs to go up (we were on one of the top floors and there's no elevator) and that there was no screen on the window to keep the insane amount of bugs from getting in.

The place was very uncomfortable and small for the prices they have. There was no common place to meet some people and have a good atmosphere as many hostels have. The bathroom was unclean, the rooms were very small and had so many beds per m2 and there were some people that rented 1 bed for 2 persons.

I was told that payment did not go through for this purchase so I found another accommodation. The payment information was still used but P&L for a deposit. I have informed you but have not been refunded.

• 6th Jun 2014

I thought this hostel is not so good, and talking with other people who were in my room, they agreed. The travelers are nice though :) I stayed in a 14bed dorm. This is sometimes 3 bunks beds high, not good. I don't know how they expect drunk people (because this is a 'party hostel' to climb that high). There is 1 bathroom and 1 key for 14 people to share. The people at the front weren't super friendly either. Lockers are downstairs and tiny. Inconvenient I'm not sure I would recommend it

• 6th Jun 2014

The worst staff ever! Rude and unhelpful. Horrible stinky and dirty bedroom. I'm not even counting the endless stairs. The ensuite bathroom is a tiny place and you are forced to get naked in front of the other roommates before getting in the shower. It`s not like in some hostels where you find separate showers and you naturally get naked in front of people of the same gender. Instead, here you have to get naked in front of your roommates (girls and boys). The bar is very noisy. Real Horror.Run away

By far, the best part of this hostel was the rooms themselves. We had a great 3 bed room with a private shower. Everything was very clean. However, the hostel had no real common area besides the bar on the ground floor, which also functioned as reception (you had to get your key from the bartender every time you needed to get to your room and leave it with them when you left.). There was not room to meet people.

An alright place to stay for the night. Not really a place to meet people if you're younger. Not much room either. But the reception staff is nice and the hostel is close to places to eat, fruit stands, metro stations, and it's right by a canal.

The night staff was very friendly and helpful, the day staff was complete opposite. The day staff couldn't help us with directions nor did they seem to care if we were even there. As for the room you get what you would expect for staying in a hostel. Although our shower's knob was broken and laying on the floor and it didn't even come with a curtain. The rooms were a bit small and involve several flights of staircases to get to. Wifi is only free in the bar area, you have to pay for room use.

• 3rd Jun 2014