Peace & Love Hostel Reviews

245 Rue La Fayette, Paris, France

The night staff was very friendly and helpful, the day staff was complete opposite. The day staff couldn't help us with directions nor did they seem to care if we were even there. As for the room you get what you would expect for staying in a hostel. Although our shower's knob was broken and laying on the floor and it didn't even come with a curtain. The rooms were a bit small and involve several flights of staircases to get to. Wifi is only free in the bar area, you have to pay for room use.

• 3rd Jun 2014

The entrance/reception area of the hostel was a bar which was also the only free wifi area. I found that this encouraged a social atmosphere, and the staff/bartenders were great. Be warned, there is no elevator.

Weard staff guy hanging around, room and shower pretty dirty, bad old matress, room way too small for three beds (one bed next to the shower so other two had to climb over sleeping guy to reach the shower)

• 31st May 2014

Rooms are extremely small and if more than one person is cooking in the kitchen then it would be crowded. Not a bad atmosphere with the bar but fairly expensive for drinks.

I have never seen such terrible hostel in the world...Old facilities,rude staff,noisy bar,crazy rule,they want to charge everything...

• 26th May 2014
  • Japan

So many stairs. Sooooo many stairs. It may sound silly but I would actually advise against staying here if you're on an upper floor. The location is alright- cool neighbourhood but slightly more sketchy than most arrondissements. Staff were hit or miss. Small rooms with ensuites were great. Atmosphere in the bar a little off. There's only free wifi in the bar so that was also annoying. Pay-wifi in the rooms.

just what i needed. cheap. no frills. just a bed.

Had a great stay here...super cheap and in a great location so close to everything. The staff were excellent and really helped us out with every thing we needed. Pub in the bottom of the hostel great to meet people and have a good time. Recommend it for sure!

Internet never, ever worked for anyone, dispite the staff's attitude

Not bad. Our private double room with sink and shower, was clean n quiet (well isolated windows, but also 6th floor, so quite above the busy street too). Shared toilettes - rather not a place where u want to contemplate too long. What I found weird was no check of identity when we were aksing for key to our room (u always need to leave it by reception when u go out). Otherwise no special cosy vibe I know from other hostels. For us was perfect - just to sleep, no need to make new friendships.

I really liked the hostel. I stayed in the 14 bed dorm. The beds were extremely comfortable, I had never stayed in a hostel that comfortable! I did find the toilet, but I could not find the showers, which I thought was a little weird.

Location is great, you can get anywhere on foot and drop in cafes or buy fresh bread, tasty cheese. We've been to many hostels in Lithuania, Germany and expected the kitchen to have a kettle, not just a pot. The shower was broken or so, so the water was too close to the wall, which wasn't very convenient, and the water didn't go away immediately, so it was a little bit uncomfortable to stay in a puddle. But the stuff is great. A big plus is that the hostel is open for 24 hours!

• 30th Apr 2014
  • Belarus

Not fitting the average Hostels standards.

• 28th Apr 2014
  • Belgium

Great hostel I would recorded to anyone! Really nice for the small price! Also well located.

• 17th Apr 2014

Rude staff, not welcoming, smelt stale and unclean. Rooms small cramped, no were to put luggage or move around. No facilities. Over priced and too many stairs with extremely un helpful staff. Not worth your time. Stay at St Christopher's for same price and amazing!!!!

Absolute rubbish! Staff rude & very unhelpful, room run down, too small, dirty and needs renovating! Atmosphere rubbish, facilities poor, have to pay for wifi!? What's that about & mega overpriced for what you get!? Paying all that money you'd expect free bloody wifi! Overpriced drinks & in poor rough location.

• 17th Apr 2014

Diana has been very sweet and helpful.

• China

They dont have lockers into the bedroom and the lockers are really small (I cant put my luggage inside)! They dont accept payment by card. You have to pay for wifi, its really expensive and you have to stay in the common areas to use it (and the common area is a bar, so you cant even talk to your family on Skype)!!! They dont offer breakfast! Its a good place to sleep...

Very small rooms, not so much place for baggages. Nice kitchen but also small. Everywhere doesn't have so much space.

The wifi wasn't free and the owner/manager was creepy and rude.

• 10th Apr 2014