Peking International Youth Hostel Reviews

No. 113-2 Nan Luo Gu Xiang, Dong Cheng District, Beijing, China

Staff is so friendly and good with English. Highly recCommend

Great location, though the area is very touristy so quite pricey in terms of food. The hostel restaurant is tasty but very expensive, and doesn't serve any Chinese food. The staff were very kind and helpful and the rooms were clean and cosy (double room), although not worth the price! Only downside: don't leave the fan on in the bathroom, otherwise you get a very disagreeable sewage smell that invades the room!!

We stayed in a three person family room which was clean and comfy, but I thought could do with a few more decorative features. The common area is super nice and cosy though - great place to chill! The food is expensive, as is the hostel compared to others in Beijing and other cities. The staff were very helpful and kind.

This hostel is in a great location- close to the metro or you can just wander the neighborhood for cool bars and restaurants. I stayed in a six bunk room and we were quite packed in, next time I'll opt for a private room.

• 29th Jun 2015

LP said Peking International Youth Hostel is 'fabulous'. It is centrally located, great for hutong explorations, clean and pretty. But it is VERY pricey even by Beijing standards (double most other hostels!). It's right on the jam-packed tourist street of Nanluoguxiang, which is a blessing and a curse. The Peking Hostel Cafe mostly caters to people outside the hostel and serves boring curry-rice dishes. In a city with such great food, you can do a lot better (or cheaper).

Great location and friendly staff. Being underneath a roof top bar the security could be a bit better however the rooms do lock and have personal lockers.

I loved this hostel! It's adorable and in a great location; I really liked the common area and cafe and I also booked a Great Wall tour through the front desk that was awesome! There is key card entry into the rooms and they have storage lockers in them that you get a key for. I was a little surprised at first that there was only one bathroom for men and women, since it's not what I'm used to, but it wasn't a problem at all. I do wish there was more than one sink/more counter space.

The stay in this hostel was very nice, the room and bathroom were clean, the staff was very helpful and welcoming and the atmosphere was great. The location is good too, in the middle of the hutong and close to the subway and walking distance from the lakes, Jingshan park and the Forbidden City, definetely enjoyed it.

• 15th Jun 2015
  • Spain

Great stop. Really good location. Very clean and one of the best common rooms I have seen. Staff is super helpful. The shared bathroom is rather tiny and can be shared with people at the restaurant. Though the showers are amazing.

It is the most beautiful youth hostel I have ever stayed at. I spent quite some time in the living room full of flowers, reading a book I found in the bookcase, in the comfortable coachs. I stayed in the female form, everything was clean and quite new. I only regret that the prices in the café-restaurant are so high, 25yuan for a coca-cola is really too much. I would definitely recommand this place for its peaceful atmosphere in the heart of Beijing

Overall I found the hostle was a really really nice place to stay . I found the staff at reception were exceptional and very helpful and had a good level o English which made everything a bit easier. However the cafe there was a bit of a language barrier and it was hard to ask for anything that wasn't on the menu. Also I found the bathroom situation quite peculiar as it was a small communal bathroom and required us walking down a long corridor to get to it and often had to wait when I got ther

• 11th Jun 2015

Very nice hostel, tucked away in a lively Hutong. Many bars, small shops and restaurants a footstep away. Easy to reach with the metro which is handy in a big city as Beijing. Hostel is clean and has a nice lounge. There's also an (pricey) cafe situated in the hostel. But in the bedrooms there's no noise from the cafe. I would stay again in this hostel when i'am in Beijing.

Great, clean and friendly hostel on a buzzing street in Beijing. The staff in particular were really helpful. Would definitely stay here again!

We had an insanely amazing time staying here. The plants (and location) really make this place superb.

Truly a wonderful staff: cheerful, attentive, and willing to do what it takes to make things work for you.

• 19th May 2015

Very nice location in a lively Hutong in Beijing, close to the Metro. The atmosphere and the staff is very friendly, the flowers make the hostel itself very beautiful.

Staying in Beijing was made wonderful by staying in this cosy hostel. I don't enjoy large cities, but Beijing is a must-visit on any first trip to China because of the important cultural and historical attractions. PYH is located in one of the busier Hutongs (right on the corner of Nanluoguxiang and Yu'er). This is a lively spot all day/night long. It also makes it a very safe spot and walkable to so many of the sights. I walked to Forbidden Palace, Houhai Lake and the Lama Temple.

The staff was really nice and spoke really good English. Only downside is that the cafe is really expensive.

Such a lovely hostel & great food in the cafe too. The staff were extremely helpful which topped off our pleasant stay in Beijing.

• 4th May 2015

I felt at home! the staffs are very kind! I want to stay in this hotel again.