Peking International Youth Hostel Reviews

No. 113-2 Nan Luo Gu Xiang, Dong Cheng District, Beijing, China

The stay in the hostel was fantastic; the staff were welcoming and the atmosphere was great. The hostel really stood out on the street as the decorative entrance was very appealing. Despite the amount of people in the cafe at night, the hostel was always able to maintain a good peaceful vibe. The way the hostel integrated western and oriental culture was marvelous, making it a great choice for people of all ages and cultures

• 8th Jan 2016
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Thank you for your nice comment. Glad you enjoyed your stay here, See you next time~

Love the hostel, prob one of the best I have stayed at. Love the deco and the atmospher. One thing tho, I would prefer to have more sinks than the one we shared, it got pretty busy in the morning when everyone was getting ready. But people were so polite, so was not a prob sharing.

This hostel has really nice facilities - comfortable beds, really clean, lovely cafe area. However, it is really, really overpriced and the staff were downright rude to me when I had a problem with a very creepy person who was staying in my dorm room. As a solo female traveler, I did not appreciate that they had zero empathy for the bad situation I had experienced in my dorm room. The atmosphere is not social at all. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere cheaper, this place is not worth it.

I had a good stay at this hostel. The staff is friendly, the beds are comfortable and big enough and there are plug ins at every bed (importand in the 21. century). Just the bathroom is a bit tiny tough. But i can recommend this place to every traveler witch is on the way...

Everything worked fine and staff was friendly and helpful. If something small, the wifi works only in the common area, which was pretty chilly as the door outside was opening a lot.

The hostel is fantastic! Is quietly nestled inside a busy network of shops and cafes. It was very nice on the inside and I had no problems getting in late at night. However, the staff at the cafe is incredibly slow, which caused a few minor setbacks. Other than that the hostel was perfect.

• 17th Nov 2015

What an awesome Place! From the first moment you step inside this hostel you can feel the positiv energy of this place. The taste of fresh flowers is such a different to the dirty air you breathe outside and it makes you happy. The staff is super friendly and helpful. If I come back to Beijing I definitely will go back to this place.

One of the best I've been to.

• 14th Nov 2015

Lovely place, spacious rooms, very clean, great café and roof terrace! Would definitely recommend it. The only thing that might be useful is to add another sink or two, otherwise - perfect place and great staff :)

Highly recommended if you are looking for english speaking and helpful staff !! Receptionist Miuco was such a sweetheart. She made sure that there was hot water in the mornings, she helped me organize a trip to the great wall and she even called the hostel for me that I had booked in Shanghai to tell the Chinese staff that I needed to change my booking. Thank you so much !

Very helpful and lovely staff who spoke good English. Cafe below hostel v expensive! bathrooms could have been a bit cleaner, but otherwise great. Made my first trip to Bejing very enjoyable. Thank you!

• 26th Oct 2015

If you could bottle happiness, it would be this exotic oasis. From the smell of fresh cut flowers filling every nook and cranny, to the delicious cocktails and hot meals served to bluesy jazz on stereo, to the plush seating this quiet respite tucked away in the hutong is in a league of its own. Two BIG thumbs up--highly recommended!

• 16th Oct 2015

Glad you like our hostel,Hope to see you again~

Great hostel! My only complaint is that the dorms were a tad cramped, but otherwise facilities were top notch! Bed was super comfortable and staff were very helpful!

I have stayed here a number of times and have always enjoyed. The hostel is clean, well equipped and has a beautiful environment. The only complaint I have is that the breakfast is pricey and underwhelming. I ordered a Spanish breakfast. I got scrambled egg, a slice of cheap processed cheese, two rashers of cheap bacon, a side salad and two foamy slices of bread with a tiny smear of garlic butter. Nothing Spanish about this. Also very expensive considering the poor quality. Otherwise - lovely!

Ha,Sorry about the meals. Hope the cooker could do better next time~ Have a good day~

Lovely hostel. Quite pricey though, more like a budget hotel. Also there is a really nice coffee shop attached however this is ridiculously over priced for Beijing. Internet not great but otherwise brilliant facilities.

I enjoyed my stay at Peking International. Nice and clean, I loved the location & quick access to Subway station. Staff are nice and friendly (specially the english/Japanes speaker girl, sorry’ve forgotten name). Rooftop Restaurant/Bar is one of the best! food at this place is pricey though! Breakfast was really underwhelming (low quality, cheap stuff provided)! apart from food, is a pleasant place to stay & recommended to every one visiting Beijing.

A very quaint & pretty hostel - got a shared dorm bed in 5 room dorm. Due to lack of pictures on the internet, did not expect the bed to be in the loft/attic. I had a hard time climbing up and bumped my knee. But otherwise, clean room, nice dorm mates - toilet was shared but clean. 10% discount in the cafes - which was a plus point as the cafe is really beautiful but too expensive. The locker in the dorm was way too small for a 25" luggage :( Abit cramped with everyone else's luggage in the room

Very nice place to stay, away from the madness of the huge city of Beijing and at the same time very well-located. Not very cheap but very clean and confortable. Nice staff =)

The friendliest stuff ever one can find in Beijing! Very good English and eager to help :) I am very grateful for time I spend here, thank you all the Peking Youth Hostel stuff, especially Jamie -___-

• 31st Aug 2015
  • Latvia

Very helpful staff who speak good English. Has a nice café.

• 25th Aug 2015