Peking International Youth Hostel Reviews

No. 113-2 Nan Luo Gu Xiang, Dong Cheng District, Beijing, China

A nice and cozy place to be, located on the beautiful Nanluoguxiang alley.

The Hostel is great. Its very clean and well decorated. I've never been in a hostel with so many flowers! The location is great for all sights in Beijing. I loved it around the hutongs! The Hostel won't be the place where you party but a great spot to begin the evening with a beer on the roof top ;)

• 5th Oct 2014

One of the best hostels I've seen!

• 3rd Oct 2014

Staff were great although nighttime staff did not speak English which left me a bit stuck with an early morning check out. Daytime staff fantastic though. Very clean hostel and surroundings, but food in cafe overpriced and not great. Would definitely recommend

Thanks for a great time at your hostel and your continuous assistance. Rooms are very clean, staff is very friendly and helpul. Location is great for access to all places we wanted to visit in Beijing and Nanluoguxiang is a very exciting place to stay.

The staff was wonderful and helpful. When the neighbours started to do construction work with lots of noise and smell, they managed to keep it at a bearable level for the guests.

The location and atmosphere is excellent!!

Great location for couples with nightlife nearby. I was with my family (baby / wife and mother in law!) a little impractical, but can't really blame the hostel for that.They do western food which is good, but the prices are pretty steep, but reasonable considering. The pictures of the hostel are mainly of the cafe which is on the main hutong street. Anyone can go into the cafe but guests get a 10% discount. The breakfast was a little disappointing, a little cold or used precooked foods maybe

This is a fantastic place where to stay in Beijing. The hostel is wonderful and clean, the staff is always very helpful. They organise a lot of activities and excursions, and also take care of posting postcards for you. The café downstairs has a lovely atmosphere and is a great place to relax. The location is the famous Nanluoguxiang hutong and it is packed with nice little shops and is very lively and colourful at any time of the day.

really nice hostel in comparison to other ones in china. beautiful cafe/bar next to it wirh an awesome terrace. bit expensive but if you want some nice atmosphere and english speaking staff you probably should pay and enjoy :)

An excellent experience! Just a note that when u make an online booking, u only put a deposit. At the end of the stay they will ask u to pay the remainder in cash - which you don't have to. The restaurant is run by the same owner which allows u to pay the rest in credit card. International cards are accepted so not to worry!! If you're on a budget, don't dine in the hostel's restaurant as it's overpriced. Not worth it. The eats along the streets are delicious and very affordable as well.!

• 8th Sep 2014
  • Singapore

Toilettes are common between customers of the terrace and dorms... so noise and not clean. Only one sink for dorms. Great wall tour is very good.

Great and quiet location. The Youth Hostel offers all travellers need and is very well looked after. Staff speaks english and is willing to help and very friendly. Nice breakfast room and Wifi all over the building.

• 30th Aug 2014
  • Switzerland
  • Couple, 41+

Auberge très sympa mais très très mauvais service au restaurant (45 minutes d'attentes pour un petit déjeuner -des toasts..- alors que l'on partait pour un tour à la Muraille, nous avons demandé plusieurs fois, au final, nous n'avons pas pu manger) Very nice hostel but very bad service at the restaurant, we had to wait 45 minutes for a breakfast (only toasts...), we asked many times cause were were in a hurry as we were leaving for a trip on the Greatwall. We didn't have time to eat..

• 21st Aug 2014

Not really for backpackers : usual services are more of a hotel than a hostel. Made usbuncomfortable a couple times to ask for low-value services when everything is expensive. Eating our own stuff on the terrace, which is also the restaurant terrace, made us being looked at... We didn't like that. At all. Staff speaks good english and is very very helpful. It catches up for everything that´s not perfect.

• 18th Aug 2014

No private bathroom and only two toilets in one floor.It was pretty packed when it comes to morning. Location was good, only 5min walk to the subway but have to make your way through tons of tourists, sometimes it is quite frustrating. First floor is coffee bar and same as on the terrace, so our dorm is next to the terrace it was kinda of noisy at night, the quietness would come after 12 midnight. If you are a party animal it would be ok.

When I first arrived to the hostel I had come from a very long and arduous day of traveling. Checking in I was taken to a bed in which I did not feel met the cost I had paid. I was also not placed with my friend, which was one of the main reasons I booked the hostel in the first place. After a few complaints on my part the staff did what they could to move me to the room where my friend was located. It was great service recovery on their part and I would recommend the hostel to others.

• 12th Aug 2014
  • newogal

The hostel as an excellent situation, in one of the most animated street in Beijing, and really close to a metro station. It is decorated with great taste and really relaxing. It has a lot of services : washing machine, tours to the great wall, visiting suggestions... The staff is friendly and helpfull. If we once come back in Beijing, we will definitely stay there again!

The location is quite good. Very convenient and close by the subway system. But because it is located at the tourism hot spot, thousands tourists are crowded on the narrow street every night. It's not even easy to move forward to the hostel. However, I love the atmosphere inside the hostel. It's homely and beautiful.

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Taiwan

Place still has great character after all these years, only gripe is a usual one, there's no where to change after a shower so you either get a mad dash to the room and hope its empty of pop into the loo's to get away from the steam. The attached restraint is pricy and generally western food but it's well done and worth he money if that's what your after.