Peking International Youth Hostel Reviews

No. 113-2 Nan Luo Gu Xiang, Dong Cheng District, Beijing, China

Auberge très sympa mais très très mauvais service au restaurant (45 minutes d'attentes pour un petit déjeuner -des toasts..- alors que l'on partait pour un tour à la Muraille, nous avons demandé plusieurs fois, au final, nous n'avons pas pu manger) Very nice hostel but very bad service at the restaurant, we had to wait 45 minutes for a breakfast (only toasts...), we asked many times cause were were in a hurry as we were leaving for a trip on the Greatwall. We didn't have time to eat..

• 21st Aug 2014

Not really for backpackers : usual services are more of a hotel than a hostel. Made usbuncomfortable a couple times to ask for low-value services when everything is expensive. Eating our own stuff on the terrace, which is also the restaurant terrace, made us being looked at... We didn't like that. At all. Staff speaks good english and is very very helpful. It catches up for everything that´s not perfect.

• 18th Aug 2014

No private bathroom and only two toilets in one floor.It was pretty packed when it comes to morning. Location was good, only 5min walk to the subway but have to make your way through tons of tourists, sometimes it is quite frustrating. First floor is coffee bar and same as on the terrace, so our dorm is next to the terrace it was kinda of noisy at night, the quietness would come after 12 midnight. If you are a party animal it would be ok.

When I first arrived to the hostel I had come from a very long and arduous day of traveling. Checking in I was taken to a bed in which I did not feel met the cost I had paid. I was also not placed with my friend, which was one of the main reasons I booked the hostel in the first place. After a few complaints on my part the staff did what they could to move me to the room where my friend was located. It was great service recovery on their part and I would recommend the hostel to others.

• 12th Aug 2014
  • newogal

The hostel as an excellent situation, in one of the most animated street in Beijing, and really close to a metro station. It is decorated with great taste and really relaxing. It has a lot of services : washing machine, tours to the great wall, visiting suggestions... The staff is friendly and helpfull. If we once come back in Beijing, we will definitely stay there again!

The location is quite good. Very convenient and close by the subway system. But because it is located at the tourism hot spot, thousands tourists are crowded on the narrow street every night. It's not even easy to move forward to the hostel. However, I love the atmosphere inside the hostel. It's homely and beautiful.

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Taiwan

Place still has great character after all these years, only gripe is a usual one, there's no where to change after a shower so you either get a mad dash to the room and hope its empty of pop into the loo's to get away from the steam. The attached restraint is pricy and generally western food but it's well done and worth he money if that's what your after.

The perfect base for exploring Beijing! Nice and friendly people!

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Sweden

Limited sanitairy availaibilities and not always clean, but THE location and THE roofterrace compensate that:)

• 20th Jun 2014

So good, I really recommend it. It is in a nice area of Beijing and the hostel was clean and nice. The food they have in the café/restaurant they have as well are really nice. And the atmosphere and decorations is really good.

Great location on Nanluogu Xiang, just 5minutes walk from the subway stop.

The hostel staff was very friendly but the restaurant staff hardly spoke english. Also 2 toilets and showers for doorm is too little!! Plesae get more!!!

One of hte best hostels I ever staying in!!! During my 10 nights stay I felt at home. The flowers and plants really create a cozy atmosphere and the staff is awesome. If I go back to Beijing I would stay there for sure!

Real nice hostel directly in the hutongs! Very clean, nice and helpful staff. Best recommendation!

Thank you very much.

This place is amazing! I stayed here before with friends, and came back this time with my family. The hostel is basically an awesome hotel in the heart of a hutong. Rooms and bathrooms were spotlessly clean, cafe has good coffee, it's filled with fresh flowers, the staff is kind, English-speaking, and helpful in everything from booking train tix to laundry to finding nearby restaurants and massages. My parents were really worried about visiting me in China, but this place left them wow'ed!

This hostel is in a fantastic location, rooms clean and spacious. The staff spoke excellent English and were very helpful. It was a bit pricy, but it is Beijing! Much nicer place than the hostel down the road from the sounds of it. The cafe, whilst beautifully decorated, had us waiting unacceptable lengths of time for food, even when not crowded. We saw some people leave without their breakfast !

• 16th May 2014

Be prepared for big young crowds in Nanluoguxiang but minutes away by walking from the Drum and Bell Towers and 6 train subway stop for more distant tourist sites. Very pretty contemporary interior and adjoining cafe. Helpful staff.

• 6th May 2014

we have been there for 3 days and our journey was very comfortable. Good accomodation like western.

• 26th Apr 2014

Very central in lively Hutong-area and 1 minute walk from subway Nanluoguxian (exit E). Clean and cosy hostel, friendly and helpfull staff, (partly) English spoken. Dormitory with card-access and good beds. Only two showers and one washbin.

• 25th Apr 2014

Excellent location... Very beautiful flowers at the first floor and on the roof...Comfortable room and good facilities...Nice roommates.