Peking International Youth Hostel Reviews

No. 113-2 Nan Luo Gu Xiang, Dong Cheng District, Beijing, China

Place still has great character after all these years, only gripe is a usual one, there's no where to change after a shower so you either get a mad dash to the room and hope its empty of pop into the loo's to get away from the steam. The attached restraint is pricy and generally western food but it's well done and worth he money if that's what your after.

The perfect base for exploring Beijing! Nice and friendly people!

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Sweden

Limited sanitairy availaibilities and not always clean, but THE location and THE roofterrace compensate that:)

• 20th Jun 2014

So good, I really recommend it. It is in a nice area of Beijing and the hostel was clean and nice. The food they have in the café/restaurant they have as well are really nice. And the atmosphere and decorations is really good.

Great location on Nanluogu Xiang, just 5minutes walk from the subway stop.

The hostel staff was very friendly but the restaurant staff hardly spoke english. Also 2 toilets and showers for doorm is too little!! Plesae get more!!!

One of hte best hostels I ever staying in!!! During my 10 nights stay I felt at home. The flowers and plants really create a cozy atmosphere and the staff is awesome. If I go back to Beijing I would stay there for sure!

Real nice hostel directly in the hutongs! Very clean, nice and helpful staff. Best recommendation!

Thank you very much.

This place is amazing! I stayed here before with friends, and came back this time with my family. The hostel is basically an awesome hotel in the heart of a hutong. Rooms and bathrooms were spotlessly clean, cafe has good coffee, it's filled with fresh flowers, the staff is kind, English-speaking, and helpful in everything from booking train tix to laundry to finding nearby restaurants and massages. My parents were really worried about visiting me in China, but this place left them wow'ed!

This hostel is in a fantastic location, rooms clean and spacious. The staff spoke excellent English and were very helpful. It was a bit pricy, but it is Beijing! Much nicer place than the hostel down the road from the sounds of it. The cafe, whilst beautifully decorated, had us waiting unacceptable lengths of time for food, even when not crowded. We saw some people leave without their breakfast !

• 16th May 2014

Be prepared for big young crowds in Nanluoguxiang but minutes away by walking from the Drum and Bell Towers and 6 train subway stop for more distant tourist sites. Very pretty contemporary interior and adjoining cafe. Helpful staff.

• 6th May 2014

we have been there for 3 days and our journey was very comfortable. Good accomodation like western.

• 26th Apr 2014

Very central in lively Hutong-area and 1 minute walk from subway Nanluoguxian (exit E). Clean and cosy hostel, friendly and helpfull staff, (partly) English spoken. Dormitory with card-access and good beds. Only two showers and one washbin.

• 25th Apr 2014

Excellent location... Very beautiful flowers at the first floor and on the roof...Comfortable room and good facilities...Nice roommates.

Great place, extremely helpful and friendly staff!!!

• 16th Apr 2014

Loved staying in this hostel the dorm itself was great - good beds, great company and several areas where I could store things safety. It's also in a great location that is safe. I was planning, as a solo female traveller, to arrive during the day for safety reasons but my flight was delayed so I arrived late at night. But I can safety say this is not something I should have been worried about - even at 11pm at night the street was still buzzing and I didn't have to worry.

Thank you for love to stay here! We hope you can recommend our hostel to your friends!

Very helpful staff who were accommodating in my request to change from a dorm to a room on my own. I ended up staying in a double, and also a deluxe double - though the only difference appeared to be nicer towels, and the addition of a wardrobe in the room, and most annoyingly being further away from the WiFi signal - meaning I had to balance my phone on the door handle to access the WiFi. Staff in restaurant a bit slow on service, and it IS overpriced, though so are most places in this area.

• 13th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

One of the nicest hostels of my trip. Lovely location in hutong area surrounded by boutique shops and little cafes. Staff always friendly and helpful. Rooms spotless!

the locker is pretty small,

The most beautiful environment, with plenty of plants and flowers. It is really beautiful. It is possible to see how delicate is the owner, who is around taking car of her flowers and plants. Food is very good, and the restaurant it is very helpful in a place where typical food is not always appreciated by tourists