Plum Flowers House Reviews

Room 701,Bulding E3,YiXin Garden, BaiYun District, Guangzhou, China

I had a fantastic stay and would definitely return there again :) thanks Plum!

• 11th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Plum is a very friendly person and she works hard to give guests a good stay. I definitely recommend this hostel.

Hostel was very clean and comfortable and the member of staff who greeted us was very friendly and helpful. The hostel is a little difficult to find as it is located in a block of flats, but the hostel provided very detailed instructions as to how to get there in their confirmation email.

I would highly recommend this hostel. It is 5 minutes away from the nearest Subway, a very clean and hospitable environment and a great place to meet other foreign travellers. 10/10 from me.

• 26th Sep 2014

Great little hostel in a very good location not far from the East Railway station. It's actually not like other hostels but it's an apartment with a very comfortable living room, kitchen and balcony. There's really not much bad to say about this place. The beds are comfy, it's clean, the price is right and Plum is the best host you can imagine always willing to talk to you and help you out if you have questions. Definitely my preferred choice in Guangzhou!

A great place to stay, not only the price is cheap, you also get to met a lot of interesting people. It is so close the the metro, that you don't need to ride a taxi. The trains are frequent, fast and clean. While I was there for only two days, I met two German engineers, a Japanese girl and an American. All were very friendly and we exchanged our travel adventures. I got there early in the morning, before my room was available, but they let me sleep on the couch in the living room area.

• 22nd Sep 2014

Ran by a staff/manager who was super friendly and helpful! Very patient despite me having tons of questions. Wasn't really a hostel but of some sort of homestay, which baffled me for a while when I stepped into the place. Locating the place was easy with the map provided. Less than 5 mins walk from the Metro. No lockers, but super clean rooms and showers.

Really good and friendly!

More like a Family Home than a busy hostel, this gem is wonderfully quiet and comfortable. What it lacks in facilities of a big place, it makes up for in homeliness, awesome view from their balconys, great location and lovely staff. I thoroughly enjoyed my time in GZ, and the Plum Flowers Hostel is a good part of the reasons why. Big shout out to Plum, who was gracious enough to help me with my Mandarin and went out of her way to make everybodys experience as smooth as possible. Thanks!

Superb hostel, it's actually an apartment turned into an hostel but there's a nice atmosphere inside thanks to the people who work there. They are really nice and friendly. The view from the balcony is also great.

Great place to stay, so easy to find from the airport via the metro if you follow their directions provided and takes max 30 mins. Staff so friendly and chatty. Ended up going clubbing with one of the Chinese staff and other traveller staying there. I had my own room, comfortable double bed and everything I needed for a 1 night stay. View from their balcony is beautiful, mountains and the city. LOVED IT!! Easily go back if I needed to stay in Guangzhou again. 23, English, solo.

My best hostel experience so far. Hostel just next to the subway. Very big room, big bed, even a balcony! Internet was fast and the family very friendly. Theres even a big swimming pool u can use for 15rmb. Awsome!

Nice atmosphere at the hostel, as if you'e staying at a chinese family's home (what it actually was, the owner of the hostel and his family (very nice people) lived there too). Also a very vivid atmosphere of the neighbourhood - you just live amongst local chinese people! Cheap food is just aroud the corner to get. The hostel has a chinese style and also western style toilet. Great location - the metro station is just near by the hostel and from there the city center is just a few stations away.

Had a lovely stay at Plum Flowers House, will probably stay there again on my way back through guangzhou.

Great guest house and a very nice family, you'll feel like you are in your own home :)

Plum Flowers offers an intimate view of Chinese life. The owners live in the hostel and are very attentive and accommodating. We are "senior" travelers and the owner and his family were extremely helpful with directions, laundry, and travel advice. The facility is in a large apartment in an upscale neighborhood. The location is convenient to the subway, which allows travelers ready access to all parts of the city. We look forward to another visit.

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Chinese toilet!

The stay was perfect and the hosts were amazing, who help you on every account (from directions for local restaurants to medicinal help!). They made you feel right at home. Throughly recommend to anyone!

2nd time I'm going to this guesthouse when I'm having some fun in Guangzhou. Again, it was perfect. Super nice hosts, feels like at home. Excellent value for money ! Thank you !

Thank you very much. I arrived mid night, but host wait for me and pick me up! very nice and kind.